237 Commercial Street
Provincetown, MA 02657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rossgrillptown.com/
- Phone: 5084878878
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Omar Neil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large parties and weddings.
- Private Party Contact: César Gerena 5084878878
A word from Ross' Grill
Ross’ Grill is Provincetown’s most talked about dining experience. Located on the second floor of Whaler"s Wharf, just steps from Commercial Street, Ross’ Grill offers breathtaking harbor views with a European bistro atmosphere. Our guests enjoy an intimate, inviting, and first-class dining experience. It’s no surprise that Ross’ Grill was rated “excellent” by Zagat’s Dining Guide. With over 75 different wines served by the glass, guests can enjoy a wine that suits the palate as well as compliments their menu selection. Ross’ Grill also has a full liquor license with a variety of signature cocktails. Elevator access to second floor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ross' Grill - Best Restaurants in Provincetown ›
Ross' Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)fit for foodies (56)romantic (52)special occasion (49)notable wine list (42)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (31)good for groups (22)great for lunch (20)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Treating FriendsLousviewsDined on 10/19/2014We live in PTown and Ross's Grill is one of our favorites. Food is excellent, and service is usually very good. Saturday night was an exception when we spent nearly two hours, much of it waiting for our waiter to deliver food and wine. Reservation at 7 pm, full house, but as tables emptied, three or four were available, and yet there seemed to be only two waiters, one bus boy. The place is always noisy-not just energetic; but we are used to leaning across the table and raising our voice level as needs be in most restaurants to have a conversation. Had told the waiter we have a show at 9 pm at a venue 50' away, and we were late. Great food, poor service...maybe they lost summer staff and couldn't replace it.Special Features:
- Always a DelightWRF1VIPDined on 10/7/2014Ross' Grill is a great dining experience from beginning to end. Arrive early and savor the view. The food is varied and there are always specials. Pork shank, steak, swordfish, halibut, escargot are just a few of the entrees I have tried over the course of the season and loved. Caesar, the owner, along with a top notch staff of servers and bartenders always make the dining experience special.Special Features:
- Excellent!SageBFFDined on 10/1/2014We never miss Ross' when we are in Ptown! A must dine place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get to Ross' GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014Great wine, food was fabulous and service was solid! This was our 3rd or 4th visit - and we come back whenever we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner in P-TownGaryEHDined on 9/27/2014Once again we had a great experience at Ross' Grill, the meal was very good, the service could not be better. We will look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great raw bar, food, drinks & viewRaduDined on 9/26/2014We had an excellent dining experience this past Friday night at Ross' Grill. The waitress was very friendly and accommodating. The raw bar is a must-have! We had oysters, clams, shrimp over a martini. The appetizers (especially the Carpaccio and the grilled romaine salad) were delicious as well. The entrees were perfectly cooked: we had the Steak frites and the duck. We didn't try any dessert, but next time for sure. We definitely recommend Ross'.Special Features:
- Always greatkenthefoodcriticVIPDined on 9/21/2014Consistently one of the bright spots in Ptown. Try the French Onion Soup!! Only wish it was open year round!Special Features:
- OkYearlyVisitorDined on 9/21/2014I return to this restaurant on every trip to P-Town. It is very good overall, but this year I found my server to be a bit condescending in demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group dinner tonightsouthbaydinerDined on 9/15/2014Their french onion soup was excellent. The seafood linguine was finely seasoned and contained generous portions of fish, shrimp, and scallops, which made up for the slightly overcooked pasta. The fully booked space is somewhat small, so the noise level was a bit higher than normal.Special Features:
- Better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/11/2014Congratulations to Caesar the new owner. The food has been tweeked and yummy all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014The maitre d had no reference of our open table reservation and the restaurant was booked. Unfortunately i am on vacation and could not print out the open table confirmation. They manuvered and got us in but the people behind us alsohad an open table reservation that they did not know about and they had to wait. Don't know whether this is a restaurant problem or an open table problem but does not make for happy customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real FindMEHFDined on 9/8/2014This a delightful restaurant. The crowd seemed to be mostly local, with only a few tourists--like me. The view from the deck of sunset over the beach was magnificent. I sat at the bar with friendly folks around me. The waiter/bartender was pleasant and attentive, and made good suggestions. I ate a fisherman's stew (that may not be the right name) that was tasty and big enough for two. Then topped it off with a scrumptious banana bread pudding. When I'm in Provincetown again, I'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphereRossDined on 9/7/2014Seat here every year when in PTown. Food is excellent and good wine selection. A little pricey but worth eat. Come early and have a cocktail out on their balcony.Special Features:
- Excellent Food! Excellent Service!HungryGuyVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service was phenomenal and we loved every dish! This is a great place for a special treat meal in P-Town!!! If I were to change one thing about the restaurant, it would be to turn up the lighting a little bit once the sun goes down. We practically needed Braille menus. I like seeing the facial expressions of the person I'm dining and conversing with.
- Major event nearly ruined by noisewas1Dined on 9/1/2014I have long heard great things about this restaurant and decided to invite three friends to share a Labor Day treat. The service was superb and the food was outstanding. What could have been a most memorable dining experience was made much less enjoyable by the volume of the noise level. It was frequently impossible to hear what others were saying around the small table. In order to be understood one had to shout which only added to the overall din and self-defeating.Special Features:
- A room with a viewJimmyVIPDined on 9/1/2014Great food, great view and whole lot of fun! Located in the center of right in the center of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P-Town gem with viewBrady1Dined on 9/1/2014We dined at Ross' as it was one of the few restaurants in P-town that took reservations (thank you very much!) and it received high marks by Trip Advisor. We was delighted by our meal, the service, and the view of Cape Cod Bay was a bonus. Specials were just that -- special and the seafood risotto was excellent. Nice sangria, too. Service was friendly and attentive. All in all a very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsGolfrgrlDined on 8/31/2014The best restaurant in PTown! Food is consistently outstanding, the view of the harbour is second to none, the wine list is amazing and the ambiance unlike any other in PTown. Caesar, the long-time manager, now owns the restaurant and thankfully many of the staff that have been there for years, including Allie and Catherine have stayed on. This place can't be beat. The only problem with giving it such a great review is that it will even harder to get in next time we go. Reservations are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great eveningManhattanfoodieDined on 8/27/2014I have to say, I am at a loss when I read the (few) bad OpenTable reviews about Ross' Grill. My partner and I have been going to Ross' for years, since they opened. We always make it a point to include Ross' in our plans for a special evening out. The food has been consistent visit after visit. The steaks flavorful, and the raw bar (oysters and shrimp) fresh, plump, and firm. They have a terrific selection of reds, too, with several by the glass. My one critique has to do with our Eastern European waiter. Though he was steadily professional and provided attentive service, his persona was cold, if a bit uninviting. Not one smile. Maybe just a cultural thing? Nothing ruinous, just a note, since waitstaff of past years were more welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and reliablePtownmanDined on 8/23/2014Good food and great service. About 30 minutes late in seating us but cocktail on the deck overlooking Ptown harbor made the wait very pleasant. In high season and on weekends recommend making reservations at least 2 weeks in advance.Special Features:
- A great start to our P-town trippsguyVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first night in P-town this year and went with friends to Ross. The food and service was very good. It was packed as expected on a Saturday night but that didn't interfere with the great service. The seafood risotto was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!JasoneatsDined on 8/22/2014My partner and I managed to eat at Ross' 3 times during a week in Ptown and enjoyed every bite of the several dishes we ordered and very good selection of wines. I don't usually order steaks at restaurants because I belong to a club at home with the best steaks, but I went out on a limb and ordered the filet with au poivre and it did not disappoint. Dining at Ross' is always a highlight of our Ptown vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealMac36VIPDined on 8/21/2014Truly enjoy Ross' Grill .... Here in Provincetown for the week and at Ross' FOUR times for dinner - I think that says it all. We, wife and I, enjoy sitting and eating at the bar. Very happy that Cesar took over from Ross to keep the Grill TERRIFIC!Special Features:
- View is incredible....butCampbellVIPDined on 8/21/2014I would say the service was what is expected for a fine dinning restaurant. Drinks arrived after Appetizers....never got bread, maybe they don't serve bread? I would pass on the food, however the deck for cocktails is beautiful.
- Still a great restaurantFoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Service except for Katherine leaves much to be desired Food is very good but menu needs to have new life breathed into it Atmosphere is very inviting....a bit of backup ground music would be nice to drown out voices that can be loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with dinnergobruinsDined on 8/19/2014Food so-so, totally apathetic waiter, so dark we couldn't tell which oysters we had eaten! Maybe a better place for lunch, happy hour, great spot.Special Features:
- Ross' Grill is FabulousJimmyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great Service, Wine & cuisine ! Cesar @ The Bar is magnificent ! A must do every summer in P'Town!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Ross' Grill before but after this visit on Saturday night, we will never go back. The bartender did everything he could think if before offering us assistance. Our waitress had an awful attitude, she wS busy and had no time for questions or repeating the specials. We weren't offered bread or any small salty treat to help our appetites while we waited. The halibut was too dry to eat, the red sauce on the ravioli was uncooked and should never have left the kitchen. The good news is that there are plenty of other restaurants in Provincetown.
- Memorable night out in PtownEatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Popular place where we had to wait for our table even though we had a reservation. Luckily, the outdoor deck where we waited was gorgeous - fantastic view and very comfy. entire restaurant looks out over the water and has a nice atmosphere. Hostess was incredibly nice about our wait and service overall was excellent. Food was great although lamb chops were a bit too fatty. Other meat dishes and fish were awesome. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where the Boys AreVirgoanFoodieDined on 8/9/2014This place has a great atmosphere and great food. The bar area is comfortable and inviting as well. I doubt there's a bad seat in the whole place. What a lively, fun, campy crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View AND Great Food!welovegoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Food is great, view is great, staff is great and the wine list is superb! Hint: make reservations WELL in advance - like 30 days in advance. Ross Grill is very popular - but worth the wait! I'm thrilled that they have added a vegan / vegetarian option to the menu too!Special Features:
- Good food and nice atmosphereCme0382Dined on 8/7/2014We had a nice dinner here. It was busy, but we were not in a rush and happy to enjoy a drink pm the deck before dinner, although as we were ordering our drinks at the bar a table opened up so we never made it that far. We shared salads and oysters and ordered steak and seafood specials. Food was pretty good and wine even better. Everything came really fast though, and I would have preferred a slower paced dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and a perfect view!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The food was delicious (a bit pricy but expected in Ptown). The service was prompt and attentive. The atmosphere is relaxed and quiet to dine in with the light of the full moon shimmering on the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe we just hit a bad nighttripadvisordinerDined on 8/6/2014ross grille was our favorite for a special occasion (celebrating partners 50th.) the waiter didn't seem interested as waitstaff (Kat, excellent) in the past. wine was reasonable; salads served, waiting for black pepper, entrees too soon to follow; steak frites, great steaks (fries used to be served in a paper cone) fries were soggy from steamed broccoli, 2 same entrées ordered, 1 much larger steak in comparison; rib eye chimicurri special (excellent sauce) cooked perfect but very thin cut, the plate 3/4 mashed potato; seafood risotto lacked seafood (1 lobster claw) but tasty. Our reservation was for 9pm, maybe too late; staff was eating at table in the back... we paid our check, skipped another round of drinks, coffee & dessert. overall OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too loud and priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014The food here is amazing. It really is. Is it way too expensive? Yes. But in line with what you pay in town. Our waiter was fantastic, but the bartender had a chip on his shoulder and was not especially friendly when we asked him a question about a drink. Plus the cosmos he made for our guests were way too strong and they didn't end up finishing them. My biggest problem, though, is the noise level. It was so loud in there (which it had not been on previous visits) that I couldn't hear the person sitting next to me. It actually took away from my dining experience, and made my very expensive pork chop not as appetizing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/4/2014Recommended to me while we were in P-town for a couple of days. Food and service were excellent. Menu seemed limited at first but there were abundant fresh and freshly caught specials to choice from. Would not hesitate to recommend to others. Only complaint was it is quite dark so consider a little flashlight to read the menu if your eyes are ageing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysnimhVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been regulars at Ross's Grill for many years and the food, drink, service and ambiance are always excellent. At our latest visit the soft shell crab was delicious and the other entrees we got were equally enjoyable.Special Features:
- Always greatSteveRDined on 7/27/2014Every visit to Provincetown I make a point of dining one night at Ross Grill. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014the hostess was MORE than accomodating, the portions were more than adequate and the food was excellent. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- What a disappointmentFlldinersVIPDined on 7/22/2014I had an 8 pm reservation. I arrived only to be told that my table was not ready and I was offered to go to the bar. I did so and waited for approximately 45 minutes. This did not bother me but the rest of the evening did. I was finally seated and given a wine list I ordered a bottle of wine and was told they were out of that particular bottle. I ordered a second choice and was told they were out of that one too. Miraculously they had the most expensive bottle in stock. I ordered dinner and got the seafood resotto. It consisted of 2 scallops , 2 shrimp and one piece of lobster. The rest was all risotto. It was aweful. I shared all this with the manager who could have cared less. I would pass on this one.