Rosie McCann's - Santana Row
355 Santana Row #1060
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Rosie McCann's - Santana Row
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosiemccanns.com/
- Phone: (408) 247-1706
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm between 11:00AM-3:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday & Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Cervando Maya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available, whether especially designed for the occasion, or our beloved menu favorites. Catering available within limited distance.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private in dining room or outside patio or, private party in our large backroom.
- Private Party Contact: Mollie Greenlees 4082471706
- Entertainment: DJ's Wednesday through Friday, 10:00pm to close. Live bands. $10.00 cover after 9:00.
- Special Events: We can accomodate parties in sizes ranging from small and intimate to 50 - 100.
A word from Rosie McCann's - Santana Row
Casual dining in an elegant atmosphere. Try one of our traditional Irish pub favorites such as Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash, or Fish & Chips. Or you may opt for a tender Angus Filet or New York Steak or our Grilled Wild Salmon over garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach in a jalapeno Aioli. Or drop in for lunch and enjoy a 1/2 pound Rosie Burger and a pint of Guinness. Great food and Fantastic signature cocktails all served with a generous helping of Irish hospitality. Voted Best New Restaurant in the 2004 Wave Magazine Readers Choice Awards. Three Stars from Shelia Himmell of the San Jose Mercury News.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosie McCann's - Santana Row reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)romantic (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Food was very tasty, hot andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/10/2012Food was very tasty, hot and plentiful. Good value...Special Features:
- Great place for comfort foodbfukumotoDined on 12/10/2011First time to Rosie's after visiting Santa at Valley Fair. Great place for good old fashioned comfort food that is fresh, tasty and actually not that heavy. We had the salmon and chips, corned beef and cabbage, and bangers and chips. Great place to just relax and enjoy a non-pretentious meal. The place can be quite noisy with a vibrant bar scene, but there is nice patio seating with ample heaters to keep the chill away. Service was very nice, albeit by women in shirt skirts/shorts and tight tops.Special Features:
- Birthday FUNOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011Had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday. Had dinner, then dancing right after.Thanks =)Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2011Food was good, service was excellent. Was a little noisier than would have liked but not too bad.
- Very noisy for such a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Very noisy for such a small place. Service was friendly, but slow. Waitress got my order wrong (burger, waitress said it was basically the same as what I ordered, just with extra toppings, and same price, so did not take back to correct). Food was okay.
- Noisy, busy (it took a L-O-N-GOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/28/2011Noisy, busy (it took a L-O-N-G time to order, receive our wine/food, and receive our bill), but overall, it was charming and nice. The Kobe Burger was TO DIE FOR. The other items we ordered were worth the wait.Special Features:
- A nice place, but it didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011A nice place, but it didn't feel very "Irish pub" like. Been to several Irish pubs with the rich dark wood everywhere to create more of the Irish bar ambiance. Other than that, the food was really good, and the service was good too. We had an early dinner, 6:30pm which was perfect timing. About 8:30 the club scene started to arrive. I wouldn't recommend for anyone wanting a later dinner as the noise level rises and the ambiance is more like a club. Overall though, my wife and I had a great evening.
- Great night out-dinner & dancing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2011We went to Rosie McCanns because one of our group had been before and knew it was a great late night place. We had dinner there so we would be in and ready to go before the crowd arrived. It was so interesting to watch it turn from a restaurant to more of a club feel. We had some good dinner and had a great time dancing. Our waitress was oustanding-- helful, friendly, fun.Special Features:
- Relax and enjoy a unhurried brunchWanderinGourmetVIPDined on 9/10/2011A fun place to have brunch on a Saturday or Sunday. Sit outdoors and listen to the fountain. Staff is always friendly and always helpful.Special Features:
- Disappointed as I was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2011Disappointed as I was expecting a bit of an Irish experience. One Cranberries song played during our visit. Food was good, not delicious. (Beef was to have had a Cognac sauce...Sauce had no flavor at all.)
- food was good but we weren'tNotpleasedDined on 8/25/2011food was good but we weren't warned that we would be kicked off the table so they could set up for DJ and dancing, and when we were still dining we were given "looks" from staff members. Finally the hostess came to let us know what was going on and asked if we wouldn't mind relocating. She was nice about it, but it would have been nice to get a warning either when we sat down or before they started removing tables around us and giving us looks. Restaurant is completely different at night. I wish it would stay an Irish Pub instead of turning into a Downtown San Jose-esque club. Bartenders were friendly and had good pours, prices were fair. Security was friendly. Servers were great.Special Features:
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2011This was our first time to dine at Rosie McCann's. They have a very extensive menu, where you'll find something for everyone. I liked that many of the ingredients are organic, and the produce was nice and fresh. The food was prepared to perfection, and the presentation was quite nice. It is not an inexpensive restaurant, and the portions were on the smaller side. If the restaurant is full, it can be quite noisy.Special Features:
- I did not note any featuresTAPsDined on 7/9/2011I did not note any features that stood out. I would NOT recommend this restaurant.
- I just don't appreciated theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2011I just don't appreciated the way you check in because you can't not be seated while the rest of the party not present. Other than that, it was awesome.Special Features:
- Food was much better (betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/4/2011Food was much better (better quality of meat and better flavor) than we expected for a Pub, especially given the very reasonable prices. Service was spotty at best. Waitress was sweet and all staff had a good attitude, but there were lapses in the basics: salad arrived with entree, waitress never checked back with us the whole time we were eating, etc. We'll definitely be back,though.
- Rosie McCann's is a fun placeSuZQVIPDined on 5/28/2011Rosie McCann's is a fun place to go with some good comfort food choices, along with the usual steaks, salads, etc. The main dining room is active and "energetic", but you can choose to sit in the back room, which is quieter. The weather was not great when we were there, but the outdoor eating area looked good for a warmer evening. My husband liked the lamb stew ~ he said it reminded him of his mom's stew. I had the greek salad with beef slices, which was unremarkable, but okay. We ordered baked brie with apples and baked garlic as an appetizer, and while the brie was very good, the garlic was overbaked and dry. We didn't send it back, but we probably should have. All in all, this restaurant is a fun place, and we will try it again.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/14/2011We really enjoyed our meal, especially the Shepherd's Pie and Lamb Stew. The Tiramisu was also exceptional. The bar is very noisy, however, and so conversation in the restaurant area was difficult. Great food and great service, however - I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- I was very please with theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2011I was very please with the service and excellent food. I will go back again and will recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:
- Had the pork loin and it waschuyckDined on 4/30/2011Had the pork loin and it was fabulous. Service was friendly and efficient .Special Features:
- The 3 Senior ChicksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011Us three girls (gorgeous Seniors, of course! ) loved our seating place, next to the windows facing the street. It was early afternoon and the sounds from the Sports Bar were barely audible ('course, we may all be a little hard-of-hearing....but not me!! I love Sports Bars!) The sandwich was outstanding - Pastrami& sauerkraut ...cannot remember the 'correct title' and the fries were 'sinful' and delicious!! We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- great for pub food- smellsEpicureansfDined on 4/24/2011great for pub food- smells like a bar... they are unsure how to do anything on the menu but pub food. stick with that!
- Food is very good, howeverTootsVIPDined on 4/10/2011Food is very good, however the wait for the food is very long. Longer than it should be. Their menu is also confusing, price-wise. My friend and I ordered the same dish, the menu price being $16. When the bill came, it showed up as $19. We queried the waitress who explained that the higher price was due to the weekend, (however that was never stated on the menu...) She graciously honored the price we saw, which was the right thing to do. Next time, I will actively ask about the correct prices before I order. Servers were excellent, but they need more of them, and orders need to come out much faster.Special Features:
- The food and service was veryRegRNDined on 4/2/2011The food and service was very good, I'd definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Fun place for "Happy Hour"OutandaboutVIPDined on 3/9/2011Fun place for "Happy Hour" except difficult to get a drink. No waitress...need to go to the bar. Bar was very slow. Food service was good and food is good.Special Features:
- We were seated fast, and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2011We were seated fast, and everyone had a good meal. Friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- The food and drink were goodhydrosamVIPDined on 1/18/2011The food and drink were good but the service was less than attentive and getting drinks refilled was a challenge. Another complaint is that cell phone signal is blocked in most of the restaurant - the availability of Wi-Fi should be advertised especially since they've got a Foursquare special that requires check-in to unlock! A little noisy for a date place but a good place for a boisterous catch-up with friends.Special Features:
- disaapointed that they wereSanCarlosLocalVIPDined on 1/14/2011disaapointed that they were out of ostrich. Food was fine, service was good, much too noisy!
- Gets a little too loud asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2010Gets a little too loud as the night goes on; bar noise invades everywhere. Needs a noise barrier between the ar and the dining room.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2010Food was delicious and the portions were generous. Waiter was corteous and attentive.Special Features:
- Usually this place is a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2010Usually this place is a very nice dinning experience of food and quiet atmosphere but half way through dinner a full bagpipe band showed up and ruined it for us. I would ask when you arrive and make sure that doesnt happnen to your evening so you can make other plans to dine somewhere else.
- Overall the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Overall the food was good, but for the price of a $16 burger it was not worth it due to the small sides. The place was nice on the inside, but the smell of beer at the entrance made me want to gag. The waitress was rude, never asked how we were doing,and never gave us our change.Special Features:
- Good lunch or casual dinnerOutandaboutVIPDined on 2/10/2010Good lunch or casual dinner spot. Love the Bangers and Mash!Special Features:
- Service was outstanding, Veronica,JerryDined on 12/11/2009Service was outstanding, Veronica, our waitperson was very knowledgble regarding sauces, drinks, and portions. She is a definite asset to the restaurant. My friends had never dined here and they were extremely pleased with my choice. We shall return.Special Features:
- Took my site manager's toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/10/2009Took my site manager's to Rosie's for our 2009 Holiday Luncheon. Great food, even better service. They were able to accomodate reservations for 9 for lunch which was great. Price is a little on the high side but worth every penny. Fantastic ambiance. Must, must have the bacon wrapped prawns!Special Features:
- Absolutely nothing remarkablecawineguyVIPDined on 11/14/2009Absolutely nothing remarkable about the restaurant, other than the extremely noisy bar. Don't let them sit you near the bar area, you will not be able to hear a thing.Special Features:
- My experience at Rosie McCann'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/2/2009My experience at Rosie McCann's was mediocre and the restaurant did not live up to its mission statememnt. The hostess did not even check our reservation when we came in to the restaurant because the restuarant was pretty quiet for a Friday night. Yet, she proceeded to sit us at a terrible table. I told her that the table wasn't going to work and she said that's the only place I can sit you with an attitude. In my restaurant notes on opentable.com I wrote that this was a birthday dinner, which she didn't see since she didn't check the reservation. I explained my sister was from out of town for her birthday so reluctantly she sat us somewhere better, but no one ever aknowledged my sister's birthday. The hostess made us feel like a burden.
- The restaurant was completelyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/23/2009The restaurant was completely empty originally and the service was still horrible. We had to flag the waitress down each time - she never came to check on us. Throughout the course of our 2+ hour lunch, 2 other small groups of people came in and the service remained awful. The food was actually pretty good, but the service makes me think twice about going back.
- What a great place! Very nicefoodyVIPDined on 9/5/2009What a great place! Very nice atmosphere...the restaurant was quiet. The corned beef and cabbage was delicious! Great beer and spirits menu....very good service. They did not rush us at all. I want to return...soon.Special Features:
- Everything was great.. goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2009Everything was great.. good service, food and sitting outside was quite and perfect.. thanks.Special Features:
- OpenTable is the easiest reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2009OpenTable is the easiest reservation I've ever made. The restaurant staff was very helpful and accommodating. The food was wonderful and the cocktail selection was abundance. Dancing was a plus!!!Special Features: