Rosie McCann's - Santana Row
355 Santana Row #1060
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Rosie McCann's - Santana Row
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosiemccanns.com/
- Phone: 4082471706
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm between 11:00AM-3:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday & Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Cervando Maya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available, whether especially designed for the occasion, or our beloved menu favorites. Catering available within limited distance.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private in dining room or outside patio or, private party in our large backroom.
- Private Party Contact: Mollie Greenlees 4082471706
- Entertainment: DJ's Wednesday through Friday, 10:00pm to close. Live bands. $10.00 cover after 9:00.
- Special Events: We can accomodate parties in sizes ranging from small and intimate to 50 - 100.
A word from Rosie McCann's - Santana Row
Casual dining in an elegant atmosphere. Try one of our traditional Irish pub favorites such as Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash, or Fish & Chips. Or you may opt for a tender Angus Filet or New York Steak or our Grilled Wild Salmon over garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach in a jalapeno Aioli. Or drop in for lunch and enjoy a 1/2 pound Rosie Burger and a pint of Guinness. Great food and Fantastic signature cocktails all served with a generous helping of Irish hospitality. Voted Best New Restaurant in the 2004 Wave Magazine Readers Choice Awards. Three Stars from Shelia Himmell of the San Jose Mercury News.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rosie McCann's - Santana Row - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Rosie McCann's - Santana Row reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- World Series Game 1LouieDined on 10/21/2014Loud and fun, and of course the Giants won! Had a great time.Special Features:
- good service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014tried the lamb stew, shepherd pie and clam chowder and all tasted fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok...TTsHereDined on 9/5/2014With having a reservation, I was surprised that we got seated at an incredibly wobbly table that seemed to be in a spot that was a last thought. The food was decent, but the exact items we orded from the sister restaurant in Santa Cruz was far better. Seemed to be lacking flavor. I was a bit surprised at a couple of outfit choices worn by the female waitstaff. Skirts that were so short there is no way they could bend over and flip-flops. They are better suited for a nightclub, not a restaurant where I just paid over $100 for two meals.
- Feel good comfort foodwebbhuttDined on 8/21/2014They know how to pour a Guinness. This is comfort food made with grass fed beef/free range chicken. Everything I've eaten here has been delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch before spaLindaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went here for brunch before a,spa visit....ghey did not seem really ready for customers at 10am, so the service was a little slow. Food was wonderful irish comfort breakfast food!Special Features:
- We were looking for outdoor seatingNateVIPDined on 8/10/2014The seating outdoor was fine. My wife had the Florentine and I had the Shepards Pie. They were very good. The Tahitian vanilla gelato was excellent. Katharin was our waitress and did a great job. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnertootiredtocookDined on 8/4/2014We went here to do something different as we had never been to a Irish pub in the states and loved this restaurant! Our waitress was adorable and made my special night even better :) The food was delicious and the ambiance was so nice!Special Features:
- Glad we came hereVikkiDined on 7/19/2014I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere here. We were here for brunch so I didn't get a chance to check out the bar but it looked very friendly and inviting. The eggs benedict was very good and the eggs Florentine looked incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish PubJimCDined on 7/18/2014Great place to hang with friends. Irish food served with a flare and it has more flavor and very tasty compared to some grub that is served in SF Irish pubs. Would definitelt recommend and go back if back in Santana RowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 146 reviews are from the Rosie McCann's - Santana Row reviews archive.
- A JoytricrichtonDined on 6/14/2014Took my wife and 3yr old son to watch the World Cup game here. The service was outstanding and the crowd was fun. Since we just moved to Santana Row, We will be back!Special Features:
- Good food but poor servicefoodie78Dined on 6/7/2014We dined at Rosie McCann's on June 7th. First they got us seated in a really drab place with a very dirty carpet. I am sure it is probably still dirty. We then requested to be seated outside. The patio was way better but the waitress did not even bother to come back for water refills. Food was very good though.Special Features:
- Nice brunch, ...mcd51Dined on 5/25/2014Had a nice brunch at Rosie McCann's. Food was fine, but not 'Irish' enough for the both of us. A bit disappointing in that regard, but otherwise an enjoyable visit.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/23/2014The staff did not even mention the birthday I indicated we were celebrating when I booked the reservation, there was a strong smell of cleaning product lingering in the restaurant, and the French fries were soggy. The Rosie McCann's in Santa Cruz is a long-time favorite, but I'd skip returning to the Santana Row location, based on this all-around disappointing experience.
- Paremsean CheesewebbhuttDined on 5/11/2014Here is what I loved Crunchy Fried Calamari, Grass fed beef, free range chicken, perfect Guiness. Food tasted freshly made and was well done. Here is what was not perfect Parmesan Cheese on everything. Shepherd's pie does not need parmesan cheese. Fried Calamari does not need parmesan cheese. The music in the bar was LOUD- so loud my kid kind of freaked out walking through it. A little on the pricey side- $70 for 3 people.Special Features:
- good food, decent serviceDeliasMomDined on 5/10/2014the ahi tuna tower was great as was the calamari. The cheese really sets off the calamari. My pasta was ok, it did not need the red peppers, my daughter loved her hamberger and my mom's salmon was good, but my Dad's NY Steak was a bit bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice baricleeDined on 5/3/2014Dig in for the quick meal. The Crab Louie salad was nice and tasty. Gelato around the cornerSpecial Features:
- MD1111VIPDined on 4/27/2014Poor service. Disappointed in the service....the restaurant did not go out of their way to clarify the menu and it's special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014Had a reservation for 6:30 pm, we arrived right on time and were seated immediately. Everyone was very friendly, we had great service and the food was good!Special Features:
- Don't overlook this place.TootallDined on 4/25/2014This is a good place for a Friday night date. Will be back again, soon !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Find!FeenominalDined on 4/18/2014Been here before and love the food. The service was great they had a Bunny thing going on and all the girls were dressed as Bunnies for Easter. Always enjoy the food and love sitting on the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodBayBrendaDined on 4/1/2014I was there to celebrate a friends birthday on a rainy Tuesday evening. Service was prompt. We ordered 2 glasses of 337 Cabernet - turned out to be a decent wine. She had pork chops I had swordfish both dishes were served in a short amount of time and both dishes were good. Overall good meal as the evening went on the bar opens up for karaoke - we left as a woman was singing her heart out. Must really come to life after 9pm.
- MarvelousChuckDined on 3/30/2014A wonderful evening with great service. Ordered the taco salad with steak Nd it was wonderful. Rosie salad for my companion was well received. Had the Pino Gregio and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Santana Row OptionSemimagicVIPDined on 3/8/2014While not one of the places "to be seen" on Santana Row, this is still a fun place to eat and drink. Super attractive and attentive waitresses. Huge variety of beers/ales. Wide variety of food on menu from Italian to sushi, steaks, burgers, Irish pub fare (shepherd's pie) etc. Great!Special Features:
- Great dinner and beerRichardVIPDined on 3/6/2014Great place for beers and straight forward food such as Shepards Pie and Slow cook lamb with an Irish twist..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Bar FoodRMANDDined on 3/1/2014Went in for a quick bite after a movie. Cocktails were great and we shares a potato nacho with bacon that was generous for more that two people. Everytime we've been here, bar is noisy and fun with lots going on!Special Features:
- Great if you are looking to partyDavidDined on 2/22/2014Not so great if you are looking for a reasonably quiet dinner. I like pubs and there are some that you can actually have a nice peaceful dinner but this is not one of those places. Let me say, its a great pub, but a lousy dinner restaurant. Lunch is good but the weekend nights are not for the serious dinner minded folks looking to actually hold a conversation without needing a bullhorn. I thought I was at a Delta Tau Chi frat party ala "Animal House", perhaps I needed to drink more. The waitress tried but appeared disinterested and barely got the order right, good thing there wasn't a quiz following. The food wasn't bad at all but one order was under cooked and hard to identify. The drinks were good. So go for the party and skip the dinner.Special Features:
- Great service!LApostolVIPDined on 2/15/2014Went for breakfast. Good food, great music, and even better service! I had never thought of going to Rosie's to eat, but I'm glad I did. We will be visiting again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceJimMcDined on 2/9/2014We went here with my parents who are both in their 80's. Gluten free and Lactose free... The waitress was fantastic. The food was way better than expected for a pub. There wasn't any think left on the plates what more can you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique & Delish Salmon Fish & ChipBarbaraDined on 1/21/2014Lovely upscale pub. We sat for over 2 hours and always made to feel welcome. Be prepared the portabelo mushroom sandwich has a hot sauce which is med heat, yummy but a surprise if not expected. Everyone who ordered the Salmon Fish and Chips were very happy with this unique off take of the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the experience I hoped for!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2014I came here on a Sunday and was expecting to have a nice quiet dinner and it turned out to be everything but that. It was extremely noisy which made it difficult to have a conversation.So it took over 5 minutes for a server just to greet us. The food took a long time to come and when it did it was bland. They ran out of the appetizer that I wanted (jalapeño poppers). Overall just not a good experience.
- Great food, great funHappyDiningDined on 1/13/2014We drove from Salinas to meet out kids from San Antonio, Texas who were in Ca on vacation @ your wonderful restaurant the other day. None of us had ever been there so we were hoping that we made a good decision. All six of us thoroughly enjoyed everything from the service, the food, the desert, & the ambiance. We were not rushed, which was great, since we hadn't been together for 6 years.We visited, laughed & even had our family photo taken by one of your great employees. Thank you, we will be recommend you, & we will be back!Special Features:
- Great Service, Good Variety of FoodLocalGalVIPDined on 12/13/2013If you read Yelp Reviews, you may be hesitant to go because apparently this is a popular bar/dancing/hot spot after dinner hours. That made me think food might not be that great, but this place has it all. Varied menu--my friend and I both enjoyed our meals. Hostess, and multiple servers that we interacted with were extremely friendly and helpful on a very busy night during the holiday season. I'd definitely go here again.Special Features:
- Easy Dinner on Santana RowCourtneyDined on 12/8/2013We went there prior to going to the movies - the food was good, service was great. Nothing extraordinary, but I did enjoy the shepherd's pie very much. My husband was disappointed with the size of the fish and chips portion.Special Features:
- Great Customer Service StaffMeehshellDined on 12/6/2013Our server was very attentive and always checking if we are satisfied with our order. The food was good and we didn't have to wait for a long time to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedilikefoodDined on 10/15/2013We recently ate at the Rosie McCann's in Santa Cruz and loved the food, so we decided to try the Santana Row restaurant for a birthday dinner. The service was great. Our server couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. We were a party of four, and two people (including the birthday boy) knew they HAD to order corned beef and cabbage since 1. it is one of their favorite dishes, and 2. we were at an Irish restaurant/pub, so it was an obvious choice. It was extremely disappointing. The few pieces of corned beef looked like it came out of a can, and it was very tough. So contrary to what CB&C should be. My shepherd's pie was good enough but nothing to ever have to order again. The fish & chips were good. Dessert was very good.
- our experiencemy1to3Dined on 9/7/2013Service was very good got drinks and food in a timely manner. The lamb stew was pretty good but the coned beef and cabbage was tasteless and the corned beef tough. overall it's a nice place the music was way too loud making the people talk in the restaurant at a shout level. I'd be hard pressed to go back.Special Features:
- Good food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2013Love the out door seating. The ahi tuna tower is fantastic Pork chop is very tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013The food was good quality.The veggie benedict was delightful and the home fries very tasty. The crab that was in my eggs was the real thing in big tasty pieces. The bloody mary was nice and spicy. The patio outside was quite and dog friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013I've been here several times and the food is always great! Love the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchWorkOnTheRowVIPDined on 7/29/2013We booked a reservation for lunch for a group lunch for a co worker and I was surprised to see that while the rest of The Row was busy and crowded, we were the only diners in the restaurant for the lunch hour. The food was delicious and the service was ok (being we were the only ones in the restaurant, I think we were a little ignored) but we had what we needed mostly and enjoyed the lunch. It was perfect because we were able to talk freely and enjoy the group company.Special Features: