Rosie McCann's Irish Pub & Restaurant
1220 Pacific Ave.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Rosie McCann's Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosiemccanns.com/santacruz
- Phone: 8314269930
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:30 am - 2:30pm, Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am to 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Cervando Maya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Contact Kim at (831) 426-9930
- Entertainment: Friday Night is Reggae Night with DJ Spleese. ;'Saturday Nights DJs. Monday night Trivia. Tuesday Open Mic Night. Wednesday Live Music. THurssday Night is Movie night.
A word from Rosie McCann's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Cead Mile Failte! 100,000 Welcomes! is not just a slogan at Rosie McCann's, it's the mission statement. Throughout the world today the quintessential image of an Irish Pub, whether it be in Dublin, Boston or Santa Cruz, is a neighborhood place where people gather to share good drinks, great food and lots of cheer. The pub has always been a place of camaraderie; a place where friends meet new friends - and old - and Rosie McCann's exemplifies the best in Irish hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosie McCann's Irish Pub & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Rosie's LocalliveoaklindaDined on 10/18/2014Rosie's is our goto restaurant pub in downtown Santa Cruz. Food is satisfying & consistently good, usually no waiting, & (usually) decent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeDaisygirl503Dined on 10/6/2014There were 4 of us and we all had a great time! My brother loved the Irish beer choices! The food was good. We had a great server! She came by a number of times to check on us! She suggested a wine to me that I had never tried and I loved it! What more can I say other than Rosie's was a fun place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014The service was pretty good. I had the "Banger's and Mash". Potatoes were cold and the gravy nuclear hot. Sausage could have come from Costco. My wife had the "Shepard's Pie". It was good but potatoes were very salty. Overall it was just like the last time I went there 3 years ago. Good for Beer and Darts (and possibly drunken food).Special Features:
- Good place for the basicsPateenaVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is a good place to quell the corned beef and cabbage craving. Very busy bar with music. Overall the food was good and the atmosphere nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rivals the best across the AtlanticGinnyVIPDined on 8/18/2014We had the fish and chips and the shrimp/bacon small plate. Both were awesome. We find it so hard to find really great fish and chips. These are! Some of the best in England will have to fight these for the gold medal. My shrimp were awesome. They wrapped shrimp and Parmesan cheese with bacon, broiled them, and served me 5 gorgeous shrimp. Perfectly cooked. Yum. Kayla was our server and she was wonderful. She gave recommendations on our choice of beers and was very welcoming. Food arrived quickly and hot. It was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and attentive serviceGinascucinaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Yelp reviews were not the best for this place , but since we were going to eat early and beat the late night party scene , we decided to try it. We arrived at 6:30, were promptly greeted and seated. Our waitress came right over and was attentive all night. The food was good, we all ordered something different and it was all good. The Irish nachos are not to be missed. Somebody even substituted the beef in the Irish burger for a black bean patty and he are every bite. You do have to walk up stairs to this place , I did not see an elevator . Street parking. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, awesome staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014My wife, 2 kids (1 & 2 yrs old) and I went for dinner on a Wednesday night around 6pm or so. This place is really nice for all groups. Whether you're there for drinks at the bar or a nice Irish dinner (they have your normal American food too) you will have a good time. I'd definitely recommend the bacon wrapped shrimp, it was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Rosie McCann's Irish Pub & Restaurant reviews archive.
- Take your timeMarilynbnDined on 6/14/2014We love this restaurant and come here often but it always takes a long time to get the food. Even when there are few customers. The wait staff is great so I blame this on the kitchen. But the food is consistently wonderful so we just have come to know that we can't be in a hurry when we come here.Special Features:
- Casual date nightRoGiDined on 5/16/2014Great local spot in downtown Santa Cruz for some tasty Irish fare. Service was prompt and attentive. Big portions and definitely recommend getting their Black and Tan. Live music added to the pub feel and vibe. We'll be back for sure. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local BountyLotusDined on 3/29/2014Came for the band Local Bounty who are a great band for dancing or background music. I made a reservation on line but when we got there was told no reservations or service in the room with the band. We were lucky we got a table in that room. It was no problem to order a the bar so it all worked out and the food and band were both great. Volume or Noise level was perfect. Not too loud for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor all aroundJohnnylawDined on 3/15/2014There was hardly anyone in this place for brunch. The service was extremely poor and the food took 45 mins to come out. I ordered a hamburger each for me and my daughter and specified them to cook it "medium". When we got our food, both burgers were so overcooked it was ridiculous. No water refills...the waitress was terrible. Don't come here! The Rosie's in Santana Row is sooo much better all around...both food and service.Special Features:
- Saturday night @ 6:30 pm2oldfartsDined on 3/8/2014I called around Santa Cruz at 5:30 for reservations at 6:30 -- the first five restaurants I called were booked until 7:30. We often go to Rosie's without a reservation but I decided to play it safe so used Open Table. They had our reservation and had a sign on the table when we arrived -- all the other tables were full, although by 7:00 several were vacant. The food was what we expected -- a bit heavy, but tasty, and the 1/2 house salad for $7.00 is a bargain -- big enough to split and they provide two plates at no cost. I had a chicken, vegetable and polenta dish; my partner had an eggplant dish -- he's a vegetarian and there were several options. Only glitch, the server took away my wine before I finished it .Special Features:
- Sinfully Good PrawnsSeanDined on 2/16/2014Rosie McCann's Irish Pub and Restaurant is an second floor restaurant with a rustic atmosphere and a view of downtown Santa Cruz. Its prawns wrapped in bacon are sinfully good and the service was excellent. The waitress offered samples of draft beer to help us decide which ones we wanted to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow and boringpubber1Dined on 1/23/2014Sadly, expecting to experience "a wee bit of" England or Ireland, there was nothing similar. The food was so mediocre and they didn't even have Celtic music playing on the stereo. Although there were only a few people there, our food took 50+ minutes!
- Off their gameScottsValleyDined on 1/14/2014This was our second time to eat at Rosie's, first time was good. They seem slow at getting food out anyway, but this was beyond slow. It took us 2 hours to get entree and desserts even though they weren't busy. Steaks were over-cooked & tough. Server was a gem. She recognized the problem without receiving a complaint, offered a 20% discount. When she found out the steaks were awful removed one dinner from the bill as well. Kayla saved the night for us with her attitude & sensitivity. We'll probably try again before giving up on Rosie's. Everyone has a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh really!!!!!RafaelVIPDined on 1/12/2014To watch 49ers picked a table In front of TV & ordered breakfast. Asked waitress to have the loud music turned off so we could hear the game. She told us they were not going to turn the music off. Oh really!! I asked if there was space at the bar. She said I could go look. After sitting at the bar for at least 10 minutes, I asked the Manager (Caylee, not sure of spelling) about our order. She abruptly stated I needed to close out my bill. I calmly stated I was not informed of that customer procedure. She abruptly stated that “You are being rude!”. Oh really!! The food finally showed up w/o utensils. We were getting no service. We both felt very uncomfortable to ask Ms. Manager for anything. And she called me rude. Oh really!! Oh really!!!
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/29/2013We dine at Rosie's when we are occasionally in Santa Cruz. Always a nice time. Great servers. Food is exceptional. Requested a window seat in advance as our daughter was home from college and wanted to stop in at Rosie's after a family outing. She wanted to gaze out the window. She got her request! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre concertjohnnyrochDined on 11/17/2013Didn't expect downtown to be so crowded on a Sunday night but we arrived on time and they knew our reservation without looking and had the reserved sign on a window table. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- Good food with great friendsFeralKiwiDined on 8/18/2013Celebrated my birthday with friends on a Sunday Night. Quite a few tables available so was pretty low-key. Food was great, though the garlic & brie was a bit smaller than I remember, I guess that could be just that more people were eating it. Had the half chicken - was perfectly cooked, delicious and plenty to take home for lunch the next day. Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've walked by for 2 yearsScottsValleyDined on 2/14/2013We've walked by for 2 years but never ate here until Valentine's Day. We were pleasantly surprised to find a very nice restaurant with a full menu. Our food was delicious and we had a wonderful experience. We think of Rosie's as an upscale pub. Good place to eat.Special Features:
- Great place to catch up!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013Food was delicious, wait staff was polite. Showed up almost an hour before the reservation and were seated right away. Comfortable atmosphere. Early dinner time (5:00ish) wasn't too noisy or crowded. Timely delivery of beverages and food. Overall very satisfied!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013Wonderful Ambiance and Delicious Food! What more can I say? Rosie's has been a favorite for years. I have never had a bad experience with them. Thanks Rosie's!Special Features:
- Great bar with excellent selectionScorpioDinerDined on 3/9/2012Great bar with excellent selection of beers. Free range grass-fed beef cooked exactly as ordered.Special Features:
- This is the second time myOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/24/2012This is the second time my dinner was marginal at best. Food was ok but only warm. It was like it had been sitting under a heat lamp far to long. Service was also slow and she didn't even remember I had ordered a second glass of beer. She got my wife's second glass of wine.