9421 W. Higgins
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rosewoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (847) 696-9494
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tino Almaraz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us directly for any off-site catering inquiries.
- Entertainment: Saturday nights.
A word from Rosewood Restaurant
The Rosewood Restaurant has raised the bar of excellence as the premier independently owned O’Hare area steakhouse. Rosewood is proud to be recognized in the first Chicago 2011 Michelin Guide. We serve the best USDA prime steaks, fresh seafood, mouthwatering side dishes and incredible desserts. Our convenient location in Rosemont, minutes from O’Hare Airport, makes the Rosewood a perfect place for business. Our richly appointed and comfortable private dining rooms offer the privacy, convenience and professional service required of a great Chicago Steakhouse. We can set the tone for your success by accommodating groups from as small as 8 to as large as 600. The Rosewood is also a perfect destination for Chicago Weddings, Bar & Bat Mitzvah’s, Anniversary Parties, Retirement & Holiday Parties and Special Events of all types. Our talented and creative event team brings a host of resources and years of experience to the table. You can relax & entertain with the peace of mind thatContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rosewood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Rosewood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)good for groups (50)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (40)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great for a special occasionDiningDivaDined on 11/22/2014I went here for a romantic dinner and our table was decorated with white rose petals. Nice touch. Food was good although my fish was a bit bland. Great service. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedGlinda1VIPDined on 11/21/2014A steak is $50 with nothing else - Felt like I was at morton's but without the name. It was almost $200 for dinner and we each had 2 drinks - I had fish and he had the steak. No appetizers, No dessert. Just way overpriced
- Oustanding restaurantDoitagainDined on 11/16/2014Best steak house in the area. Friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. Fantastic wine list. We were in town for a trade show and decided to go back the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Jimmy!OpenTableProVIPDined on 11/13/2014Rosewood's owner, Jimmy Mandas, is retiring after 50 years in the business. Thank you for incredible service ... And remembering all your customers name every time we walked in! You will be missed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A CLASSIC DISAPPEARS!bigtuna7Dined on 11/9/2014Our friendly, knowledgeable server Joanne informed us the Rosewood was closing at the end of December because the city sold their property!! It was my first, and apparently will be my last, visit to this outstanding bastion of classic meals - with some marvelous modern dessert additions!! I am from Miami and in the Rosemont area twice a year for business, but normally meet relatives out in the northwestern suburbs for dinner when I'm in town. As they were unavailable, a business associate and I decided to splurge at this well-known gem for a classic prime rib, baked potato, mushroom and broccoli (WITH hollandaise) meal...it was fantastic! We took our server's wine recommendation over our own choice and couldn't have been happier...Special Features:
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Rosewood. The Rack of Lamb was superb and my husbands Prime Rib was excellent. I'll be going there for lunch next week and my husband and I will be going for his birthday dinner next month. Can't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Jim Mandes greeted us as we came into the restaurant. He also came to our table and inquired how satisfied we were. Our group celebrated three birthdays and The Rosewood was very accomadating to us. We brought in our own cake and shared it with the staff that was waiting on our table. The food was delicious and portion sizes large. Sorry to hear The Rosewood will be closing in JAn.2015. I have been going there for 25yrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatRonnieDined on 10/18/2014This place was good but I think it was a little overpriced for the quality of food being served. For the amount of money I spent, I could have went to Chama Gaucha and had much, much better quality steak. But overall, this place was good.Special Features:
- yumdfinneDined on 10/16/2014Great place to dine excellent appetizers & main dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Everything was fantastic. The thing that I feel put it over the top was the dessert that was provided on the house. I had stated in the reservation that it was our wedding anniversary and they did it up right. Thanks to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experienceFoodieDined on 10/10/2014The food & service were outstanding. Starting with the appetizer to dessert. The atmosphere was pleasant & conversation level condusive for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Went for a date night for a milestone in a relationship. Great place to go for such an occasion. Very nice and classy inside. Everyone and everything is very proper. Staff was super nice and food was great. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodAzlizDined on 10/5/2014Great steak, prepared perfectly but beware: this place is very, very expensive. Everything I ate was delicious but the wedge salad didn't even have bacon on it and was drowned in salad dressing. A VERY good blue cheese dressing, but it overwhelmed the lettuce. And at $11 it seems way, way overpriced. Filet was butter tender, grilled asparagus was crisp and flavorful. The decor is dated, old-school steak house; etched mirrors, chrome, mirrored walls.Special Features:
- Best steak in a long timeQualityiskeyDined on 9/27/2014My friend and I split the bone-in ribeye steak and it was mouth watering. Charred to perfection with a warm pink center. The herb butter on top gave it the finishing touch.Special Features:
- OutstandingleafsfanDined on 9/27/2014We had a great time at Rosewood - the service was great, the food was outstanding, and they made sure to make our special occasion perfect.Special Features:
- A memorable 30thMiggyDined on 9/27/2014From cocktails to salad to entree to wine, the food was wonderful and the service excellent. The maitre d' overheard us wishing each other "happy anniversary" and after dinner served us a delicious and generous slice of white mousse cake. It was a great way to celebrate 30 years and we agreed we should go to Rosewood more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationRainmanVIPDined on 9/25/2014We were celebrating my husbands birthday and great food, service, a very informative and attentive waiter which is what we always receive at Rosewood.Special Features:
- great place with friendsGoodVIPDined on 9/25/2014Great service and great good Birthday celebration that they made special. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceoldmarinerDined on 9/17/2014Everything went very well. Adequate parking, good reception and seating, excellent wait staff and very good food. A fine evening of dining with fiends.Special Features:
- solid choicerunwithitDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I were in the area for a concert and the Capital Grille was booked full. We decided to try this place and we were very pleased. The crab cake appetizer and beet salad were especially good. My halibut was rather flavorless but fit the bill for a lighter meal before sitting at the concert. Wine selection very good. Most notable for us was the excellent server who went out of his way to accommodate us knowing we had to be out of there by a certain time. Other staff we encountered were very friendly. The atmosphere was lively but we could still hear each other talk and our booth very comfortable. Overall I would recommended Rosewood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of townersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014A good friend recommended we try this and so glad we did. Husband had delicious prime rib --probably best meat in years. A vegetarian I was a little concerned at first but settled on incredibly delicious bass with avocado and salsa (want that recipe). Salads were great too Wait staff helpful without being pushy Dave had great suggestions Jim worked as diligently as anyone making you feel like a regular great findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosewoodJaneVIPDined on 9/11/2014Always love it at Rosewood. Jimmy the owner is always there and so friendly to his guests. Food was delicious and service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ink ManOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014The food was outstainding! we had a large group order took a little long but we had time to chat so they gave us free deserts that tasted just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still A 5* ClassicdsscpaVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service, the ambiance, the food portions and quality have been consistent under Jimmy and crews helm for more than 20 years.Special Features:
- Fabulous Lunch SpotBlondie69Dined on 9/5/2014My friend and I go to Rosewood as often as we can. The food is delicious, the servers are friendly and knowledgeable and the drinks are great. Jimmy is a fabulous host and right on top of things. Can't beat it.Special Features:
- First time here and will returnmilwaukeebrianVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wow - what an experience. Great overall experience from Yanni at the bar to our good server for lunch to the amazing chicken romano. What a place - will be back!!Special Features:
- What a pleasent surpriseJenniferDined on 8/27/2014The inside and the outside do not match! When I pulled up I thought oh how very 1990ish then I walked into a lovely warm inviting place. The wood paneled walls help keep the sound levels low and give a masculine feel to the place. The food was wonderful I had the 3 kinds of white fish, my husband a steak and both were over the top good. We were their for my birthday and the dessert Carlos brought was so good I can only say to pace yourself so you too may enjoy it ( the banana cream pie was wonderful as was the apple bag and the cinnamon ice cream!) A wonderful gem I had been missing, glad Open table helped me find it!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I and another couple dined at Rosewood Restaurant Saturday evening. It was absolutely outstanding!! The service is top notch and the food is by far the best we have ever eaten. The appetizers, beet salad, filets and double cut pork chop were amazing! The owner Jim stops at your table and says hello and chats for a bit, such personal attention! We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and they brought us a delicious vanilla and white chocolate cake! It was to die for!!! An absolute must if you want a wonderful dinner and evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for your hospitality!!!BandwidthDined on 8/20/2014We hosted a dinner for 20 customers while in town for a conference. Jim the owner was personally involved in coordinating the arrangements. The food was incredible, the service was second to none and the overall event was a huge success. Thanks for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant experienceAnujaDined on 8/19/2014Exceptional service, food is outstanding definitely a repeat dinningSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014This is someplace that we have recommended to anyone who happens to be in the area, either for a concert, a flight, meeting etc. The food never disappoints and it's worth the ride out from the city.Special Features:
- Rosewood RestaurantAngieDined on 8/10/2014If you want to treat yourself to a great meal & wonderful service then go to the Rosewood Restaurant. You'll be happy that you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great aumbiencedinnerfor2Dined on 8/9/2014I have been in the food industry for quite a number of years , this is my forth time to this Restaurant and every time i return it reminds me of how great service is to Restaurants like this , because with out if you will never be in business for long . its a great place for couples to enjoy a romantic evening . and if you ever go there for dinner please ask for David ,he's a great waiter .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal! We'll be back!dianedDined on 8/6/2014Phenomenal restaurant with top notch food, cozy ambiance, attentive, charming and experienced waiters. Wonderful Booth added to the lovely evening.Special Features:
- Cozy DeliciousnessAmySullyDined on 8/6/2014I love Rosewood and crave their salads and tenderloin sliders are just simply the best. Its perfect place for a business lunch, just quiet enough to hold meaningful conversations! Also, love to take our admins there for a special lunch. Thanks!Special Features:
- The Place to BeBDB717Dined on 8/6/2014Great food, great service, truly a "Who's Who" destination for the business crowd.Special Features:
- First Class!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014A must visit dining venue for anyone convention thing in Rosemont Illinois!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMelissa1Dined on 8/2/2014Fantastic service! We enjoyed the attention and very helpful suggestions from our waiter. The food was great as well---done perfectly to our liking. A very great choice. We hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice and clean restaurant.bertchtreeDined on 8/2/2014Liked the high booth setting. The filet mignon (9 ounces) was excellent but would hope that the restaurant would offer a 6 ounce size. The rib eye steak special was great too, but pricey at $68.00 for 24 ounces. Overall, a great dining experience with a wonderful waiter. The bar was nice and spacious, and has beautiful decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service w/ outstanding foodnic2Dined on 8/1/2014The Rosewood has been and will continue to be a wonderful restaurant with outstanding service with super friendly owners and staff that is matched by its fresh and delicious food. There isn't anything you could pick off the menu that wouldn't be amazing, as it is all some of the best food the Chicago area has to offer. My family has enjoyed many meals here as well as had my wedding reception in their beautiful ballroom and all of our guests raved about the food, service and decor. You cant go wrong having a meal or an event at The Rosewood!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.