19 Toronto Street
Toronto, ON M5C 2R1Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.libertygroup.com/rosewater/
- Phone: 4162145888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday to Saturday: 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Dale Meek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: Rosewater Thursdays - Life After Work. Every Thursday 5pm-8pm. Features + Specials on classic cocktails, draft beers and select wines by the glass or by the bottle.
A word from Rosewater
Minutes from Toronto's Financial and Theatre districts, the Rosewater offers a fresh and unique dining experience. From the intimate setting of the upper mezzanine level, which overlooks the main dining room, to the self-contained supper club on the lower level, this building lends an air of romance and casual decadence when dining on a fusion of modern classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosewater reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (58)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (43)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (13)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014If romance, ask for the two person high backed twin couch seatsSpecial Features:
- sampireVIPDined on 8/5/2014http://sampirebites.wordpress.com/2014/08/07/dining-at-rosewater/Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014The meal, service and overall experience was above my expectations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Wonderful dinner. Food was outstanding. Great restaurant to celebrate a special occasionSpecial Features:
- lalala99Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious, especially the scallop appetizer - yum! There was very little ambiance in the restaurant though - only 5 other tables during prime time on a Friday night which made it feel slightly depressing. Despite only a few other tables in the restaurant, it took an incredibly long time for our server to come back on the floor after serving our coffee/dessert to check on us so we could get our bill. Food was good, but overall experience was average.Special Features:
- suprisemandyDined on 7/19/2014Thanks to summerlicious, if not i will never notice this amazing place. Wasn't expecting much but no harm to try with the $20 lunch menu. and OMG, it's suprisingly good, the food that we ordered are so good. Will definitely come back and try the regular menu.Special Features:
- Upstairs at the RosewaterGayleDined on 7/18/2014One of my favourite restaurants, I am drawn by both the great food and the lovely surroundings. This time, we were seated upstairs. I will not do that again as it is dim and really set up for groups. As a table of two, we got lost in the shuffle of the wait crew focussing their attention on the bigger groups. Downstairs is much better for smaller tables. Suggest the restaurant reserve upstairs ecxclusively for groups of 6+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declined food qualityLolaDined on 7/18/2014Service was attentive, albeit slow as they were busy. Good quality declined. The snapper was very fishy and heavily salted to mask the flavour. The hen was too greasy. Dessert was average.
- Delightful gemalatarielDined on 7/17/2014It was a pleasure dining at Rosewater. It was my first time at this establishment and my friend and I decided on their summerlicious menu. I ordered the wild mushroom cappuccino which was perfect. The soup was creamy while not too heavy, nicely complementing the flavour of the mushrooms, in other words, quite perfect. For the entree, I chose the grilled spiced hen which certainly did not disappoint. The hen was tender, and every bite afforded a delightful burst of flavour, which was complemented very well by the pea risotto. I had peach crumble to finish my meal. Probably one of the best restaurants I've been to during summerlicious where restaurants are known to not live up to their name. Would definitely come back for their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GR8EATDined on 7/17/2014My first time dining at Rosewater was amazing. I had heard many good things so I was hoping for a pleasant experience and was not disappointed. In fact, the meal, the ambiance, the location and the food exceeded my expectations. I would recommend Rosewater to anyone looking to plan a special event, to celebrate a milestone, or for a romantic evening. It truly was wonderful. I will return.Special Features:
- Great menu & ambiance!CarlyVIPDined on 7/16/2014I came here for Summerlicious and the menu was great! My steak was cooked perfectly. Delicious peach crumble. The restaurant has a lot of private dining areas it seems and it would be perfect for a party! Looking forward to coming back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable mealJade38VIPDined on 7/16/2014We went there for Summerlicious and enjoyed our meal. I ordered the Mushroom Cappuccino (a soup), followed by the Spicy Cornish Hen and Peach Crumble. My hubby ordered the Shrimp Appetizer, Grilled Snapper as his Main course, followed by a trio of Sherbet. Both Main Courses were very good and tasty. The soup was lukewarm though which I was not too crazy about. Overall, the meal was very enjoyable and services were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious not so liciouskmb1046Dined on 7/16/2014Had previously gone to Rosewater for Winterlicious and the meal was outstanding. Unfortunately Summerlicious was a huge disappointment. The appetizer (shrimp) was incredibly oversalted, almsost to the point of being inedible. It was described as "Passion Fruit Glazed Tiger Shrimp, Asian Vegetable Slaw, Tangerine Dressing" but was actually a few shrimp with stirfried peppers. You couldn't taste the passion fruit or the tangerine, only salt. The entrée (hen) was surprisingly bland and flavourless. The chicken was good but the risotto tasted like something from a frozen TV dinner. The dessert and service were excellent, but overall, the experience was a let down.
- FantasticFoodieDined on 7/16/2014Went here for summerlicious and left wanting more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue. Decent foodFoodieLDined on 7/15/2014Went here for Summerlicious. Service was attentive and personable. Great atmosphere. I liked that they didn't rush you out. Had tiger shrimp starter which was pretty decent but didn't knock my socks off. Steak was pretty tender and delish. My friend's fish was a bit lacking. Dessert (raspberry trifle) was AMAZING. Margarita had too much salt on the rim, my drink tasted like the ocean. Great spot, but not a must-see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I was disappointed. The Trifle was not up to par.
- Summerlicious 2014mfecDined on 7/15/2014Excellent Summerlicious lunch, with very good service. We were accommodated on the mezzanine after we asked for a quieter table - the main floor was very noisy. The starter of torched Woolwich goat cheese with grilled summer vegetable antipasto, basil vinaigrette was particularly lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerlicioiusDivaKarenDined on 7/15/2014I went to the Rosewater for lunch for summerlicious. The service was excellent and the food was nice. However, I was disappointed that the fish I had was a bit rubbery and the dessert (peach crumble) although tasty didn't wow me. It was also very noisey and hard to hear my lunch companion.Special Features:
- A very nice find!SavorThyFoodDined on 7/15/2014We were a group of first-timers and people who dined at Rosewater many years ago, we dined for 2014 Summerlicious lunch. Everyone was pleased with their lunch selections, the food tasted great, portions were generous. The dining room was nicely decorated, the grey high-backed benches were stunning. Wait staff was friendly and accomodating. We would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for datesTorontofoodieDined on 7/14/2014I came to know this restaurant through summerlicious. Been here 3 times and was never disappointed! The atmosphere is perfect for a special romantic date or a one on one date with a girlfriend. The service is top notch, from the time you step into the door you are instantly greeted and have your coat checked in if wearing one. Once seated you are brought over a bread platter with whipped butter and infused olive oil, then recommend some drinks. When the meal arrives, they explain it to you in such a way it gets you excited to eat (the food is always beautifully plated and the taste NEVER disappointed me yet!). During the meal my server never failed to come by to ask how the dish is! You feel welcomed and leave satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely SettingGirlsnightoutDined on 7/12/2014we thourougly enjoyed the Summerlicious menu, lots of great choices and it was all very tasty. well done and we will definately return for another occassion.Special Features:
- DisappointedWestiemomDined on 7/12/2014This was my first visit to Rosewater, for Summerlicious. The ambiance was lovely but the food and service was a disappointment. The starter, Truffle Taleggio Croquette was o.k., but the entree, B.C. Snapper was rubbery and the skin could not be removed...it appear that it had been made ahead and then reheated. The service was very slow and the restaurant was not overly busy, Rosewater was a total disappointment.Special Features:
- gr8tnightDined on 7/12/2014Dinner was excellent. We had your Summerlicious prix fixe menu. We would love to try the main dish menu. We came on a night that there was quite a boisterous wedding party there. It was an excellent start to our evening at the theatre with friends.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Had heard of it and mean to try it at some point. Decided to go for it during summerlicious. Great venue, lovely staff, amazing food. Very pleasant experience. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Best summerlicious so farLuv2dineDined on 7/12/2014Went there with a party of 4 plus a baby in a stroller. They didn't forget about the stroller and we had a table with enough space to fit the stoller. +1 Also opened for lunch on a Saturday when most restaurants seem to only open for diner. +1 The noise level was pretty low and service was really good, as I would have expected from this place. Food was good, not outstanding though, but for a 20$ lunch, that was really good value for the money. Also, they are not trying to inflate the bill with the drinks and other sides. We ordered fresh house-made juice for 4$, that would usually go for 7+$ in most other places. Overall, the whole party was pleasantly surprised and I would surely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!ObeimageDined on 7/11/2014Rosewater was beyond expectations. It's off the beaten path for a downtown restaurant, but once you walk through the front doors you're surprised at how large, elegant and sophisticated the place is. Wonderful ambiance, food was excellent and service was perfect. I will definitely come back to this restaurant and bring a few new faces too.Special Features:
- Still SpecialSimonDined on 7/11/2014Rosewater delivered, again. Great food, thoughtful service, stunning surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealiMaxDined on 7/11/2014Summerlicious meal was just the right size and a great combination of tastes. Staff was attentive and friendly. Really enjoyed our dinner at Rosewater and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious DinnerRealDined on 7/11/2014Food was great. Service was great. Venue was beautiful. Outdoor patio needs to be up to par with the inside. Great bar and seating area there. Would have liked to see that later on to see how it worked if full of customers.Special Features:
- RoseDined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent, great portions and done really well. Was a great experience for the entire group I went with. The service was a bit slow, but considering it was the middle of lunch and Summerlicious I was expecting the delays.Special Features:
- Good but not great on thursdayssummerliciousDined on 7/10/2014This place was packed! apparently on Thursdays it is a big hit because of cheaper drinks which changes the nice ambiance we got on our last visit. Food was still amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so experienceli03ieDined on 7/10/2014The place was nice but my friend and I got placed upstairs with two large group of people dining there. They were extremely loud, I could barely hear what my friend was telling me. Their service was fine, but their food was a disappointment. Everything was relatively blend.Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014fidcasDined on 7/10/2014I ate at the Rosewater for lunch for Summerlicious. The restaurant was beautiful. There is a waterfall and the vibe is very modern Morrocan. The food though was nothing special, although not bad. I started with the shrimp with salad. The salad wasn't crispy at all (it was a cooked slaw) and the shrimp tased very "fishy". I then had fish with a chickpea salad. The salad was delicious with chickpeas and chorrizo, but the fish was overcooked. Dessert for me was trifle which was very delicious with fresh berries but nothing too exciting. I may not return.Special Features:
- Rosewater for dinnerBallybooDined on 7/9/2014Food was wonderful, our waiter Sergio was fantastic in spite of the fact it was busy....but the noise level was very loud...hard to have a conversation....some kind of buffer is need on those high ceilings. A great place for four or more to dine, but ambience not good if you are looking for a quiet dinner for two.Special Features:
- Summerlicious yummoiskieDined on 7/5/2014Great Summerlicious lunch. Very generous portions and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, amazing serviceSabrinaMahDined on 7/4/2014This was one of the best Summerlicious experiences I've ever had. The service was great, the food was amazing, and overall a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosewater - Summerlicious lunchKat74Dined on 7/4/2014We experienced Rosewater summerlicious lunch the ambience was nice, the food was very good. It was an overall pleasant experience, it was nice to have a little more of an elegant experience at lunch time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but ..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014it takes almost 2 hours to order, get the food and finish lunch. Must speed-up the service! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, average foodlove2dineDined on 6/20/2014Average food, fair pricing and good noise level. Our server, Galen, was genuine and provided great service. Would recommend, although our request for a special arrangement was ignored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th AnniversaryRosewateredDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had a wonderful 25th Anniversary together at the Rosewater. The service was absolutely fantastic and the food was mouth watering. The staff went out of their way to make us feel special. We plan to attend this location much more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.