19 Toronto Street
Toronto, ON M5C 2R1Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.libertygroup.com/rosewater/
- Phone: (416) 214-5888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner -Tuesday to Saturday: 5:30pm
December 1st – 19th
Lunch – Monday – Friday: 11.30am-2.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Dale Meek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: Rosewater Tuesdays & Thursdays - Life After Work. Every Tuesday & Thursday 5pm-8pm. Features + Specials on classic cocktails, draft beers and select wines by the glass or by the bottle.
A word from Rosewater
Minutes from Toronto's Financial and Theatre districts, the Rosewater offers a fresh and unique dining experience. From the intimate setting of the upper mezzanine level, which overlooks the main dining room, to the self-contained supper club on the lower level, this building lends an air of romance and casual decadence when dining on a fusion of modern classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerInternational
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Rosewater reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (25)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (18)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not special enough for the priceFood4JimandSofiaDined on 11/7/2014It was a very quiet Saturday evening dining experience at the Rosewater which is perhaps why this big grand dining room felt a bit cold and lonely. I love the architecture of this great building but parts of it, especially the downstairs (washrooms) needs a bit of updating. Appetizers were very small and expensive but quite good (scallops for me and shrimp for my wife). I love lamb but the waiter steered me away from it as "many people return it!" Why is it still on the menu? The steak was very good as were the special potato's. The molten chocolate cake was very poor, came out of a plastic wrapper I thought. I could not recommend this restaurant to friends as there are many better dining experiences for the price.Special Features:
- Thursday After WorkBebeDollDinesDined on 10/30/2014It's a busy scene at the bar. We are cattled through a sea of people at the After Work special at the bar to get to the dining room on a Thursday evening. The dining room is busier than expect the host tells me. We are greeted immediately and the Waiter gives us time to wait for the rest of our party. Vito is so kind a humble. Most definitely accommodating. Loved the service. We ordered the full size Seared scallops with risotto, which comes out great to share. (previously it has not been consistent) Meat and cheese board is ok for what it is and the tuna tartar is underwhelming - but beautifully presented the lotus root chips. Overall a great atmosphere on Thursdays is you are seeking great service, fun vibe and a taste of class.Special Features:
- Our romantic dinner in OctoberMeelaDined on 10/24/2014We had a nice dinner for two on my birthday. It was booked on Friday @ 7:30 pm. Free parking was available just across the restaurant. Quiet environment is what we needed to enjoy conversation and food. With no alcohol we had a very well prepared meal for 100 dollars, including gratitude. Our compliments go to the restaurant's Chef and our waitresses. Well done, indeed! We obviously will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerculinaryseekerDined on 10/18/2014We had a nice experience to spend the evening with friends. Food was good, service was great.Special Features:
- Good food, service needs improvingJRoR8sDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I ate at Rosewater on Saturday night. The food was good. The Korean BBQ pork was particularly tasty. For a place that was a little quiet, our waiter was noticeably absent. For example, he filled our water glasses at the beginning.....and end of the meal.
- cool but horid door manfelifelDined on 10/16/2014He thought my stockings were sweatpants for some reason and almost refused me entry. I think I was targeted bc I wasn't one of thier usual suit and tie clientelle. VERY LOUD bc we went on one of the after work cheap drink days unaware. We wanted to sit in the dining room whic was pretty much empty dispite the packed bar. EXCELENT FOOD!Special Features:
- Nice & QuietAZHoosier1Dined on 10/8/2014Took a small business group to the Rosewater for dinner... Overall it was perfect. It was not overly croweded, quaint and had a great wine list. It was so good that I took another group of business clients there the very next night. Food was delicious both the first and second time. Would definately go there again my next trip to Toronto.Special Features:
- Delicious food, friendly service!ktmowDined on 10/8/2014My friends and I were quite impressed with the roasted hen, the duck and the Korean pork belly. The prosciutto/cheese appetizer was also very lovely. I could tell that heart and care were put into every dish. All of our servers were also very attentive and friendly. We were very pleased with our experience and will be returning to Rosewater soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinner. One of the bestmarklenlovestoeatDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated our 12 years Anniversary. Dinner was good, we had a bottle of wine - turned out to be one of our best date nights. My husband enjoy the sirloin steak. We both enjoyed the appetizer (prosciutto, salami, cheese and etc). Our server was nice to gave me option to taste the wine that would be suited for my liking. We were given free champagne during our dessert. Will definitely come back as we had a great night and awesome dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a class actCouponSallyDined on 10/3/2014On the few times we have been to the Rosewater Supper club, we have never been disappointed. The food and ambiance is top notch and the service is outstanding. Even if we have a coupon or gift card, we are treated like royalty by the serving staff. Sometimes it gets a little loud but that just shows you that everyone there, is having a good time.Special Features:
- Not up to parJDG3Dined on 10/3/2014Our pre-concert dinner at Rosewater was a disappointment both in timeliness of service and quality of food. Seemed they were understaffed and when the food arrived, one of the meals was cold and the lamb entree was poor quality.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014We had a lovely evening, definitely will return. We were there on a Thursday evening and the bar was jammed and quite loud but from where we were sitting we were far enough away that we could still carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!!BirdieVIPDined on 10/1/2014There were 7 people in our group and from the moment we walked in, we were treated to a superb evening of delicious food and great service. Our waiter was most helpful with recommendations and took care of all of us. A very impressive dining experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing RestauranthungryhippoDined on 9/13/2014This is the place to go for fine dining. The food, service and ambiance is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingPoohsreviewsDined on 9/13/2014As it was my husband's birthday I wanted to take him somewhere special. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out as I had hoped. We started off with salads, my husbands was a beet salad and mine was with mushrooms. When the waiter brought them out, they looked EXACTLY the same, with tons of "spring garden mix" and on the bottom, I found a couple of mushrooms, and on my husbands, also at the bottom, he found a few cut up pieces of beets. His entree was a steak. He asked for it to be medium, it arrived after 25 minutes from when we finished our salads, and it was now medium well. My tuna was good.Special Features:
- Great ServiceMirela91Dined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent. The server we had was very well mannered and he came to our table often to ask if we needed anything else. We came here to celebrate our 5th year anniversary. They even gave us a little dessert plate wishing us a Happy Anniversary which I thought was very thoughtful. I would definitely come here again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningTODinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014Rosewater is housed in an old building that exudes history and charm. The service was impeccable from the reception to the servers. The food was amazing. The beef was melt in your mouth tender. A great spot for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good place for dinnerStefanDined on 9/3/2014Good wines and food, friendly waiters, nice ambiente, we had a pleasant eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014If romance, ask for the two person high backed twin couch seatsSpecial Features:
- sampireVIPDined on 8/5/2014http://sampirebites.wordpress.com/2014/08/07/dining-at-rosewater/Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014The meal, service and overall experience was above my expectations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Wonderful dinner. Food was outstanding. Great restaurant to celebrate a special occasionSpecial Features:
- lalala99Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious, especially the scallop appetizer - yum! There was very little ambiance in the restaurant though - only 5 other tables during prime time on a Friday night which made it feel slightly depressing. Despite only a few other tables in the restaurant, it took an incredibly long time for our server to come back on the floor after serving our coffee/dessert to check on us so we could get our bill. Food was good, but overall experience was average.Special Features:
- The following 940 reviews are from the Rosewater reviews archive.
- suprisemandyDined on 7/19/2014Thanks to summerlicious, if not i will never notice this amazing place. Wasn't expecting much but no harm to try with the $20 lunch menu. and OMG, it's suprisingly good, the food that we ordered are so good. Will definitely come back and try the regular menu.Special Features:
- Upstairs at the RosewaterGayleDined on 7/18/2014One of my favourite restaurants, I am drawn by both the great food and the lovely surroundings. This time, we were seated upstairs. I will not do that again as it is dim and really set up for groups. As a table of two, we got lost in the shuffle of the wait crew focussing their attention on the bigger groups. Downstairs is much better for smaller tables. Suggest the restaurant reserve upstairs ecxclusively for groups of 6+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declined food qualityLolaDined on 7/18/2014Service was attentive, albeit slow as they were busy. Good quality declined. The snapper was very fishy and heavily salted to mask the flavour. The hen was too greasy. Dessert was average.
- Delightful gemalatarielDined on 7/17/2014It was a pleasure dining at Rosewater. It was my first time at this establishment and my friend and I decided on their summerlicious menu. I ordered the wild mushroom cappuccino which was perfect. The soup was creamy while not too heavy, nicely complementing the flavour of the mushrooms, in other words, quite perfect. For the entree, I chose the grilled spiced hen which certainly did not disappoint. The hen was tender, and every bite afforded a delightful burst of flavour, which was complemented very well by the pea risotto. I had peach crumble to finish my meal. Probably one of the best restaurants I've been to during summerlicious where restaurants are known to not live up to their name. Would definitely come back for their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GR8EATDined on 7/17/2014My first time dining at Rosewater was amazing. I had heard many good things so I was hoping for a pleasant experience and was not disappointed. In fact, the meal, the ambiance, the location and the food exceeded my expectations. I would recommend Rosewater to anyone looking to plan a special event, to celebrate a milestone, or for a romantic evening. It truly was wonderful. I will return.Special Features:
- Great menu & ambiance!CarlyVIPDined on 7/16/2014I came here for Summerlicious and the menu was great! My steak was cooked perfectly. Delicious peach crumble. The restaurant has a lot of private dining areas it seems and it would be perfect for a party! Looking forward to coming back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable mealJade38VIPDined on 7/16/2014We went there for Summerlicious and enjoyed our meal. I ordered the Mushroom Cappuccino (a soup), followed by the Spicy Cornish Hen and Peach Crumble. My hubby ordered the Shrimp Appetizer, Grilled Snapper as his Main course, followed by a trio of Sherbet. Both Main Courses were very good and tasty. The soup was lukewarm though which I was not too crazy about. Overall, the meal was very enjoyable and services were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious not so liciouskmb1046Dined on 7/16/2014Had previously gone to Rosewater for Winterlicious and the meal was outstanding. Unfortunately Summerlicious was a huge disappointment. The appetizer (shrimp) was incredibly oversalted, almsost to the point of being inedible. It was described as "Passion Fruit Glazed Tiger Shrimp, Asian Vegetable Slaw, Tangerine Dressing" but was actually a few shrimp with stirfried peppers. You couldn't taste the passion fruit or the tangerine, only salt. The entrée (hen) was surprisingly bland and flavourless. The chicken was good but the risotto tasted like something from a frozen TV dinner. The dessert and service were excellent, but overall, the experience was a let down.
- FantasticFoodieDined on 7/16/2014Went here for summerlicious and left wanting more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue. Decent foodFoodieLDined on 7/15/2014Went here for Summerlicious. Service was attentive and personable. Great atmosphere. I liked that they didn't rush you out. Had tiger shrimp starter which was pretty decent but didn't knock my socks off. Steak was pretty tender and delish. My friend's fish was a bit lacking. Dessert (raspberry trifle) was AMAZING. Margarita had too much salt on the rim, my drink tasted like the ocean. Great spot, but not a must-see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I was disappointed. The Trifle was not up to par.
- Summerlicious 2014mfecDined on 7/15/2014Excellent Summerlicious lunch, with very good service. We were accommodated on the mezzanine after we asked for a quieter table - the main floor was very noisy. The starter of torched Woolwich goat cheese with grilled summer vegetable antipasto, basil vinaigrette was particularly lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerlicioiusDivaKarenDined on 7/15/2014I went to the Rosewater for lunch for summerlicious. The service was excellent and the food was nice. However, I was disappointed that the fish I had was a bit rubbery and the dessert (peach crumble) although tasty didn't wow me. It was also very noisey and hard to hear my lunch companion.Special Features:
- A very nice find!SavorThyFoodDined on 7/15/2014We were a group of first-timers and people who dined at Rosewater many years ago, we dined for 2014 Summerlicious lunch. Everyone was pleased with their lunch selections, the food tasted great, portions were generous. The dining room was nicely decorated, the grey high-backed benches were stunning. Wait staff was friendly and accomodating. We would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for datesTorontofoodieDined on 7/14/2014I came to know this restaurant through summerlicious. Been here 3 times and was never disappointed! The atmosphere is perfect for a special romantic date or a one on one date with a girlfriend. The service is top notch, from the time you step into the door you are instantly greeted and have your coat checked in if wearing one. Once seated you are brought over a bread platter with whipped butter and infused olive oil, then recommend some drinks. When the meal arrives, they explain it to you in such a way it gets you excited to eat (the food is always beautifully plated and the taste NEVER disappointed me yet!). During the meal my server never failed to come by to ask how the dish is! You feel welcomed and leave satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely SettingGirlsnightoutDined on 7/12/2014we thourougly enjoyed the Summerlicious menu, lots of great choices and it was all very tasty. well done and we will definately return for another occassion.Special Features:
- DisappointedWestiemomDined on 7/12/2014This was my first visit to Rosewater, for Summerlicious. The ambiance was lovely but the food and service was a disappointment. The starter, Truffle Taleggio Croquette was o.k., but the entree, B.C. Snapper was rubbery and the skin could not be removed...it appear that it had been made ahead and then reheated. The service was very slow and the restaurant was not overly busy, Rosewater was a total disappointment.Special Features: