171 East Broadway
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosettenyc.com/
- Phone: 2129331176x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - midnight
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Curtin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: With a unique, flavorful menu and different rooms to suit different needs, Rosette is a one-of-a-kind venue for special events ranging from intimate dinners for 10 to grand celebrations for 200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Limb 2129331176
A word from Rosette
ROSETTE is a casual, New American restaurant, located in the “Two Bridges” section of NYC's Lower East Side.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosette reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)romantic (37)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (20)good for groups (19)great for brunch (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Shadow1Dined on 9/5/2014Charming restaurant. The restaurant decor lends the spot for a romantic dinner. The chicken entre was delicious as the brussel sprout side. If one is staying in midtown or the upper end of Manhattan it is quite a trek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/26/2014The room is stunning. Incredible ambiance. I was not blown away by the food, overly salty in most cases. The happy hour is a great bargain. Would probably go back for that.
- Impressive space, unimpressive fareBgoody1Dined on 8/20/2014Truly one of the most beautiful spaces I've seen, with an inviting main dinning area, flowing into an al fresco-style patio, which opens to more seating in a space below, which appears to be ripe for private events. Additionally, a hip front bar area and very cool fixtures, attentive and friendly staff. Food was not good. We ordered most everything on the menu, and found no stand-outs – dishes were either unpalatably over-salted, over-sauced, over cooked or poorly conceived. Chicken wings seemed drowned in KC Masterpiece; Octopus tasted like good chicken wings; $42 lamb for two was a DYI Gyro kit, with paltry display of shredded meat at center stage; pasta – uninspired; fish – overdone. Fresh Berries –so sugary, we dared each other to tasteSpecial Features:
- Lovely spot in an unlikely placeCarolynVIPDined on 8/11/2014Situated on lower East Broadway, Rosette is an unlikely paradise. Once you enter there is a quirky lounge filled with couches and lightening from the 60s and 70s, and a bartender that knows just how to make the perfect cocktail. Then behind the curtains is a fabulous dining room with a comfortable and romantic vibe. It is a little jewel that extends to good service and food. Will certainly return.Special Features:
- GREAT SPOTIZ817VIPDined on 8/6/2014love Rosette - the food is exceptional. we often get almost all the appetizers and sides and make a meal of that especially when with friends who are new to rosette. make sure you get the brussel sprouts!!!, the kale sprouts salad, the beets, the roasted avocado, the flatbread - ask for the special of the day, this past week we had the avocado and it was delicious. the cavatelli pasta is also worth getting. the desserts are underwhelming in my experience but.... they also have great cocktails and a good wine list. menu items that i might avoid: the radishes, the chicken wings.Special Features:
- Good food, No StaffSarahDined on 8/3/2014The food was great and fit for a foodie, as well as affordable. The ambiance was romantic and quanit, although in an odd part of town. The service was a struggle through out the meal. We had to leave the table to get the waitress for every transaction of the meal.Special Features:
- Best burgerLinnycDined on 7/30/2014Saw this place on Thrill List. Burger did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brussels sprouts everLizzieDined on 7/29/2014Charred, balsamic vinegar flavoring and other things...awesome. I had the trout (very good) and my companion had a hamburger also very good. This is a wonderful addition to the nabe.Special Features:
- Lovely GemBr00klyndes1gnerDined on 7/27/2014Be careful, this place softly lulls you into comfortability. One hour all of a sudden becomes three - and you are happier for it. The design is beautifully relaxed, drinks are perfectly right, food is spot on delicious. Met the hostess, the bartender, the cook and the owner who were all friendly and accommodating. I recommend it for an intimate meal for two or a raucous group of seven (which we were). There is also a private outdoor dining area with a separate bar. Yes, it is that fabulous. Do come here, you will leave (eventually) so, so happy and content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW too many screaming kidsIZ817VIPDined on 7/25/2014love this restaurant because the food and the service are exceptional but on friday nite we were surrounded by screaming (and i mean screaming) toddlers. spending close to $100 a person with screeching kids all around you is not good.Special Features:
- GORGEOUS restaurantIZ817VIPDined on 7/16/2014GORGEOUS space, friendly service and delicious food. recommended dishes: the brussel sprouts (amazing!!), wood fired beet, the wild mushroom flatbread, cavatelli pasta (delicious!) good but not outstanding: the baby octopus, the chicken wings, the ricotta cheesecake (good presentation but not memorable) the service was attentive and very friendly but by the time our main dishes were served, the service seemed to fall apart. there was a really long wait (about 10 mins) between the time my pasta came out and my friend's dish arrived at the table.Special Features:
- Fabulous addition!cocomoDined on 7/9/2014Fantastic food and service. They were very responsive and accommodating to some dietary needs. I'm thrilled to have them in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- PerfectLizzieDined on 7/3/2014Food: interesting, well-prepared. Service: excellent. ambiance: very pretty.Special Features:
- Solid mealSsa1234VIPDined on 7/1/2014Tuesday night visit. Restaurant was half full. Decor is very cool and well thought out. Food was an A minus. Brussels were amazing as were the lettuce cups with miso (so refreshing). Honey cod was clean and flavorful. Only negative was a pistachio pesto Cavatelli was surprisingly lemony. Menu didnt mention but after asking waitress why it was so lemony she stated they put a lemon powder in it. Was unexpected and not a flavor we were in the mood for in the cavatelli. They should disclose on the menu but really at this point we were pretty full. Other then that the place is defnitley worth a visit. Lots of vegetarian options and overall cool place that is a relatively easy res to get/make(a huge plus these days). Solid Meal and experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014Rosette has an awesome burger. Their special sauce is fantastic.Special Features:
- Lovely Dinner2dinersplusfriendsVIPDined on 6/28/2014We wanted a fancy dinner out with special food. We got such nice service and the food and cocktails were amazing! The Lamb for 2 was interesting and tasty, the wangu beef was also delicious! For appetizers we loved the wings (go figure) and the leeks. The ambiance was soft and inviting, with an artsy feel. We really loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful! Date night!SecretAsianManVIPDined on 6/28/2014The staff is extremely courteous. The food was phenomenal! I had the lamb for 2 which was unbelievable! It was definitely a nice surprise from what i expected. My GF had the cod in a miso style soup and she loved her dish! The dessert was also excellent! The portions were just right and didn't leave you hungry or stuffed. I would recommend this place for any group of 6 or for a romantic date night! There is even a great place to host a small dinner for 20.Special Features:
- Hidden Foodie GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/23/2014Outstanding foodie paradise! Order both flat breads, Brussels sprouts and the roasted avocado -- just to start! Grab a drink in the Parlor Room. Excellent service and welcoming ambiance. Best of the LES. Felt like I was in "West Brooklyn"!Special Features:
- Great Food, Drinks super slowAudreyDined on 6/19/2014Love the decor. Love the food. The bar service was beyond slow. Not sure if it was the waiter or the bar. We waited FOREVER for drinks at our table while having dinner. If it was only one round I would not even mention it, but it was both. And the restaurant was only half full. For compensation we were given free desserts which was a kind gesture. But, we did not even want dessert. One of the rounds taken off would have been a more direct solution to the problem. But, I would definitely give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ate a bowl of cereal afterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Food is good, presentation is fussy, portions are tiny.
- HamburgerNonameDined on 6/10/2014I went to Rosette because I read a review of its hamburger and I was in the mood for a good hamburger. It was big, juicy, and had a good sauce on it. It was very filling--just what I wanted. I wish I had had room for their homemade ice cream. It was an unusual flavor and I would have liked to have tried it. Maybe next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Service, Good FoodElledeeDined on 6/7/2014The service at this pleasant restaurant was just below average even though it was not busy. The appetizers were delicious (especially the beets). The burgers were tasty but very undercooked for my taste (I ordered medium well and got rare). The atmosphere and decor are lovely.Special Features:
- Home RunDonaldcabakerDined on 6/5/2014IN a neighborhood where eating out means sitting in the lap of the person next to you in crowded tiny restaurants, Rosette is a gem. It is comfortable with ample room to engage in conversation with your friends without worrying that others are listening in. The food is wonderful - I have eaten at the other incarnations of this Restaurant Space (Broadway East et al.) and this is by far the best chef. The waitstaff is attentive, and the decor is lovely. I am so glad this place is open again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive all-veggie dishesBroccoliheadDined on 5/31/2014While we're not vegetarian, we couldn't get enough of the tahini dipping sauce and fresh crudite; the roasted avocado; and the roasted brussel sprouts. They specialize in all kinds of textural garnishes interwoven with their veggies. But also the vegetable-infused broth for the honey-glazed black cod was so delicious we drank it down like soup. Be mindful to come early however - by 8pm the decibel levels were terrible for people aged 50+ who are beginning to lose their hearing and crave hearing their own voices.Special Features:
- vablalaVIPDined on 5/28/2014Food was very good but the plates were much larger than we expected. We ended up ordering far too much (though we finished every bite).Special Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Rosette reviews archive.
- Great Food - Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/21/2014Place is lovely. Food is quite tasty, but the service was horrible. What added insult to injury was that they never proactively apologized for all of the delays, it was only when we complained that they made excuses about having two large parties that night. First of all, you are a restaurant, you should be prepared for that. Secondly the apologies for not that strong, but mainly from the head hostess or manager...not sure exactly of her role. Too bad...our waitress was lovely but stressed, and she was actually quite apologetic but the the management should really get their act together.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 5/21/2014Rosette Highlights-creative menu preparation, delicious cuisine, cool sleek vibe.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, beautiful spaceGururobinDined on 5/20/2014The only downside to this excellent restaurant is its location. However, those who are willing to seek it out will be rewarded by the delicious food, gorgeous dining room, cool front bar and excellent service.Special Features:
- Don't miss outelleVIPDined on 5/19/2014First came the cocktails, which set the tone for a lovely evening. We shared several small plates. The brussel sprouts, kale bundles and beets were all great. I'd say the weakest dish was my husbands cavatelli. I rarely say I want to go back, but in this case, we want to go back. Cool location too.Special Features:
- An up-and-comerStanCDined on 5/14/2014Imaginative comfort food - well constructed. Flavor-pairings work well. Good use of the wood-burning oven. Needs a better wine list.
- Great Potentialkate99Dined on 5/10/2014I really want to love Rosette, since I live in the neighborhood. The room is pretty, if quite noisy when full. The menu is interesting, good wine list, and the service is very good. The night I was there I think they were a bit overwhelmed, though: they had recently been mentioned in the NY Times - which always draws a crowd - and there was apparently a private party going on in the downstairs space. We waited almost 15 minutes for our first round of drinks to arrive; several of the small plates we ordered arrived overcooked; and dinner lasted for three hours (we were having a great conversation, but still). That said, I'll definitely give them another try and hope they can rise to the four or five star level where they should be!
- Good TimesAlbisDined on 5/10/2014The ambiance was great! Got a great vibe as soon as my wife and I walked through the doors. Very yummy and creative choices as it pertains to drinks/ alcoholic beverages. The food was amazing. Very pleased with the level of service as well. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Thank you so much for the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014Despite the positive reviews, our experience with brunch was as follows: A fried chicken sandwich was sent back because the meat was raw inside. A salad featuring kale was sent back because the kale was fried, over salted and basically inedible. (Both were taken off the bill.) The pancakes were extremely good. The restaurant decor was pleasant but I would avoid brunch -- the menu was quite limited with very few vegetables -- until the kitchen gets its act together. (One final note: one of the bathrooms was out of soap; doesn't anyone at the restaurant check?)
- Nice and civilized LES placeFanfarloVIPDined on 5/6/2014Good food, nice decor, great cocktails... great place to have a nice dinner and talk to your friends over modern interpretation of what comfort food should be Wine selection is good.. but really short!! This is the sort of place that should have a good selection of small producers Keep up the good job guysSpecial Features:
- Great touchRichzVIPDined on 5/2/2014Wonderful dishes all around. Only stumble was on dessert.
- just okaverageguy78VIPDined on 4/26/2014We dined at Rosette this Saturday. Loved the ambiance and decor of the place. My wife and I thought they tried a little too hard with the dishes. Good example was the pork belly I ordered, Pork belly itself came out on the dry side served topped with some type of cream along with tomato puree and side of greens. Combined I think all of the ingredients didn't come together well and would have much preferred if they simplified the dish along with doing a better job cooking the pork belly. Very same comment on the other entrees we ordered. Appetizers were good but not amazing.
- webdebnycVIPDined on 4/26/2014http://followthechefnyc.blogspot.com/2014/05/rosette.htmlSpecial Features:
- DeliciousupperwestVIPDined on 4/26/2014Creative and inventive. Brussels sprouts and avocado at true wow and not to missedSpecial Features:
- Place is loud and por ley builtCustomerVIPDined on 4/22/2014The food Washington good inovative. And the service was really good but but the noise level is unbearable Whoever built the inside did a lousy job lots of wood and plaster and hence a very noisy place We also were cursed by. A bad night lots of very loud customers yelling at the top of their lungs even the waiters apologized for the noise Good idea but a lousy dining experience
- In the heart of ChinatownAnthonyVIPDined on 4/17/2014Competing with some of the best Chinese food in the city they have to be good.Special Features: