127 North Limestone
Lexington, KY 40507Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rosettadining.com/
- Phone: 8592551800
- Hours of Operation:
Short Plates Menu
Friday & Saturday 11pm-1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary French, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Brandon Owens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rosetta also offers excellent customizable catering menus available for a wide range of off site events.
- Private Party Facilities: Rosetta catering can provide a delicious array of shortplates and entrees for any event be it a cocktail party, lunch or dinner. You can select items from our menu or for a more personal experience, sit down with our chef to create a customized menu for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Bertoli 8592551800
- Cross Street: Short
- Public Transit: Rosetta is Located in the heart of downtown Lexington within walking distance of various trolley lines and cab hubs.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Rosetta is located in the heart of downtown Lexington. We are within walking distance of various trolley lines and cab hubs.
A word from Rosetta
We're here because we love food, people and the simple pleasures of Life. Here you'll find seasonal fare, prepared with reverence for its source, and served with pleasure. Dedicated to providing Lexington with a gathering place that offers warmth, great service, and unique culinary memories. We're glad you discovered us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosetta reviews from OpenTable diners
- We got the scallops for anOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We got the scallops for an appetizer and they were wonderful. I had a glass of the malbec and wife had pinot grigio and we were both pleased with our choices. I got the pasta bolognese and my wife had the mushroom risotto. Again both good choices and good portions. We both had plenty left over to take home and had room left to split the almond raspberry cake for desert. Our server was attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:
- The food and the service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012The food and the service were top notch; however, the menu was new and several items we selected were unavailable. Our second choices of linguini and frid chicken were superb. My wife's 1st choice was made in part due to the accompanying side dishes. Our waiter offered to serve her entree with the sides she had wanted with her 1st entree choice. His wine recommendation complemented the meal perfectly. We plan on visiting the restaurant again. The overall rating of 5 stars would have been given had our 1st entree choices been available.Special Features:
- Not Open for Our ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/19/2012I can't really review Rosetta because it wasn't open when we arrived for our reservation. We waited about 15 minutes and tried calling the numbers on the menu posted in the window. The lights were all on, but no one was inside and the tables weren't set. I don't think they are out of business because we drove past a few nights later and they seemed to be doing business. However, a business that doesn't honor reservations and that doesn't call or e-mail to cancel them (or apologize in the event of an emergency) isn't worth a second attempt, in my opinion.
- glad i tried, but wont visit againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012they were out of the two things i wanted the most!
- What's up? We made same-dayJoeRVIPDined on 12/5/2012What's up? We made same-day reservations -- and when we arrived for dinner, they weren't open. And this was a business dinner! Not sure when we'll trust them enough to return.
- mixed experiencemagda13Dined on 11/24/2012Beautiful restaurant, wonderful waiter, not everything was as good. Three out of four main courses were great; the fourth was tasteless and dry. Two espressos were cold, and the regular coffee was cold and incredibly weak -- like brown water. Then we waiting 1/3 hour for desserts. The waiter comped the coffee and desserts, which we appreciated, but we went out for a nice meal and would definitely preferred to get good food and pay for it.
- Could be Wonderul .....JAdinesVIPDined on 11/16/2012This is a lovely restaurant overlooking the courthouse. Too bad the right management and chef cannot be found . This was our second visit..hoping that the opening kinks had been fixed. Seems worse. Many items not available. Hostess did not know how to use open table. She gave us double points . Server seemed bored and sad. Food..barely average. We will not return withou huge changes.
- This was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2012This was my second visit to Rosetta for lunch. The food and service are very good. However, they were out of several items.Special Features:
- Don't miss the coffee cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Don't miss the coffee cake for dessert! Exceptional!Special Features:
- Great place for couples orOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/22/2012Great place for couples or small groups. Loved the ambiance and volume. The menu was recently updated and offered a great variety of tasty entrees. Very clean and upscale feel. A real gem for a community our size as there is nothing in comparison.Special Features:
- Very good food and servicertpivVIPDined on 10/19/2012Very good food and service in a minimalist decor near downtown Lexington. We enjoyed it a lot.Special Features:
- The food was very good asLanceVIPDined on 10/13/2012The food was very good as always. However, the service was inexcusable. It took us almost 30 minutes to receive our first drink. Once we ordered our meal - it took over 45 minutes to receive our food. Once we finished our first drink, it took another 20-30 minutes to receive a second one. Overall - the experiece was poor.Special Features:
- Just a really neat place withdhudson683Dined on 10/12/2012Just a really neat place with good food and great service.Special Features:
- When I first walked in, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2012When I first walked in, the room was very modern an beautifully decorated. The prices were pretty fair but the food was really just ok. They're trying to elevate the culinary landscape in Lexington with a fine dining type atmosphere, which is respectable but it was not well executed food wise. Flavors were ok but some of the more fried type dishes were not very flavorful. I'd like to try more of their entrees.Special Features:
- great french foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012Very classy restaurant, great ambiance. Staff was very helpful and food was outstanding.Special Features:
- App portions were ridiculouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2012App portions were ridiculously small. 5 pieces of Calamari for $8, we all got a good laugh over that. The dinner was fantastic and priced appropriately. There was a guy playing guitar in the front of the restaurant who was very good at just the right volume level to be heard but not over bearing.
- Visually, Rosetta is fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012Visually, Rosetta is fabulous. It's crisp white interior is a welcome change from Lexington's Iak bars and red wells. The cocktails are unique and delish and my service, both times that I visited was amicable, but that's about as far as I can go with praise. The menu sounds fantastic on paper, but it just doesn't seem to know how to execute. Around our table of 10, we had four beef dishes that were over done and tasteless and a pasta that was as exceptional as something I would whip up at home. I really wanted to like this place and unless you want a yummy cocktail, I say keep moving.
- The waiter said they wereHapsamVIPDined on 10/5/2012The waiter said they were changing to the fall menu and as a result service was rather slow out of the kitche, although the waiter was good. The food was good, but I thought is was pricey for the quality. The most disappointing dish was the calamari and chorizo appetizer which consisted of three small fried tentacles and two small pieces of chorizo, each about the size of a little smokey sausage. Also disappointing was the dessert - the waiter recommended the beignets with ice cream, but the beignets were more like a sweet ball of fried dough than the light fried pastry that honors that name. I won't totally pan the food, but I though it was overpriced by at least $5/dish for the quality presented.
- Not a fan of new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2012I have been to rosetta 3 other times and absolutely loved the menu & food. However, i was a little disappointed in the new menu & food. They introduced a new menu & its just not as good as past visits.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Really enjoyed the ambiance and food at this one. Great flavors, my steak was cooked perfectly, wine list was very drinkable. The bar had a great selection of bourbon, too. Dessert was a bit of a letdown - beignets were too dense, but flavorful. Can't wait for a chance to return. Reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Food was greay. Server wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2012Food was greay. Server wasn't completely educated of specials and menu. But food spike for itself and it was great! I recommend the filet!Special Features:
- Service, great! Food, not so good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012Service: the very best in town!!! Ambiance: very upscale and comfortable Food: I had the scallops and my mother ordered the steak. I'm disappointed to say that the scallops had absolutely no taste, even with the sauce. The outside of the steak was burnt, because it was seared too long. My mother had to cut off the burnt part and focus on eating the center of the steak. Her steak was accompanied with brussels sprouts that were over cooked and tough. The lemon dessert was tasty. Sorry to say, but I don't think I'll be going back any time soon.
- Uber Chic and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Urban chic with fabulous food. This was our second visit. Again we were thrilled with the menu selection and quality execution. Had the duck and swordfish. Service is polished and attentive. You just can't go wrong !!! This is a treasure !!!Special Features:
- I really hope this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/7/2012I really hope this restaurant does well. However, they need to work out some kinks. Our waiter did a poor job of selling the specials and seemed uneducated about the menu. Our fish was overcooked and the appetizer special was disappointing. I hope they improve because the place has potential.
- Excellent food, wine and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/5/2012Excellent food, wine and service! We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- First trip here...probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2012First trip here...probably last.. Nothing spectacular about this place... For the price paid there are far better places in Lexington..
- Rosetta is a gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012In this trendy area of Lexington, Rosetta should stand out. The atmosphere, drinks, food and service are excellent. The drink highlight was called the Rosetta; special entrees were the Ahi Tuna and Duck Breast and the Beet and Walnut Sponge Cake (yes, beets for dessert) was creative and terrific! If you've wondered about Rosetta, but haven't tried it yet, you should.Special Features:
- Such a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2012This restaurant was such a disappointment. The restaurant itself is beautiful (all white decor) and was the reason the place caught our eye. Service also was good. The food however was nothing special at all...in fact it just wasn't good at all. I can't imagine this restaurant will be around long due to it's competition close by.
- This is gonna be great !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012A fabulous addition to Lexington dining Sophisticated atmosphere The food was wonderful-antelope, duck, seafood, or chicken-great small plates and decadent desserts. Sure to be a favorite !!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience! I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2012Wonderful experience! I had been once before and invited 4 newbies. They all were totally impressed not only with the beautiful decor, but our excellent waiter, interesting menu and delightful food and presentation.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Wonderful chic ambiance; great service; beyond delicious food - we will be back!!!Special Features:
- Getting Better!!!!!!QB17VIPDined on 8/4/2012Second time to visit the restaurant and was very pleased with my experience. My first time was great and the second time exceeded expectations.Special Features:
- I felt like the entres wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012I felt like the entres were a little over priced. Four med size scallops for $28?
- For rich folks onlyFranklinVIPDined on 7/28/2012Nice restaurant that is far too expensive. Not a good value. All ratings would be better if the price were more reasonable. For this price, you expect everything to be perfect. It isn't close.Special Features:
- We were the only group (4OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2012We were the only group (4 per) there at 6, and the calm atmosphere and cuisine were lovely. Then live music began and all the tables filled up making it difficult to converse. Is this the type of experience you're after?Special Features:
- Nice clean Sharp looking spot,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/7/2012Nice clean Sharp looking spot, food and service were excellent, the wine was too warm but we were there in the midst of a heatwave.Special Features:
- Awesome new restaurant.TravelGirlVIPDined on 6/26/2012Finally a great new upscale restaurant in Lexington. Rosetta is a fresh breath in a sea of bar food and steakhouses. All entrees are unique and the ones we tasted, the scallops and duck breast were delicious - great quality, perfectly cooked with finely seasoned sauces. Excellent. Tuna Tartare was a fresh and tasty appetizer with garnishes of garbanzo beans. Duck fries were rich and decadent while cocktails were strong and had interesting flavor combinations. The Rosetta was great, crisp and clean tasting with rose petals! Service was fast and very very friendly. The pavlova dessert is my absolute favorite ever - crisp meringue with tangy passion fruit sorbet and tiny bits of fruit and a luscious sauce. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Good but not great...yetJackoVIPDined on 6/26/2012My wife and I will try Rosetta again when they aren't quite so new. Our first visit was for my wife's birthday. The special drink selection was very good. Dinner was good, but for the price we'd rather go to Jean Farris, Heirloom, or Jonathan's. I found it unusual that my wife wasn't offered a birthday dessert. We went to Dudley's after Rosetta for drinks on the rooftop and were treated to a wonderful dessert.Special Features:
- Beautiful space and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/23/2012Beautiful space and wonderful service! The menu was limited but interesting and the food was delicious. We especially enjoyed the cocktail menu, the rhubarbarita was a favorite! Looking forward to another visit!Special Features:
- Well worth the time and moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2012This is our 2nd meal; we had Sunday brunch several weeks ago. We love the whole experience!Special Features: