Rosemary's Thyme Bistro
1801 18th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Rosemary's Thyme Bistro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rosemarysthyme.com/
- Phone: 2023323200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Erdogan Dogu
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a back room that can be closed off for private parties (with a separate entrance and restrooms). It is ideal for large birthday celebrations, rehearsal dinners, business dinners, or other special occasion. This room can seat up to sixty people.
- Private Party Contact: Mumtaz Durmus 2023323200x
- Cross Street: 18 & S
- Public Transit: Dupont Circle Metro-North Exit
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: In addition to street parking, we offer our customers free parking at Universal South Parking, located at the corner of Florida and 20th Street. Please ask your server to validate your parking pass.
A word from Rosemary's Thyme Bistro
Rosemary's Thyme Bistro is a neighborhood restaurant with a welcoming atmosphere. Our specialties include fresh fish, kebabs, homemade pastas and brick oven pies. The liveliest time to come in is during brunch or happy hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Rosemary's Thyme Bistro - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Rosemary's Thyme Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (5)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Superb Food in Dupont CircleOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/18/2014I have eaten at Rosemary's Thyme on 18th St @ S St NW in the Dupont Circle Neighborhood many times. It is literally just around the corner from our home and it consistently serves good food and drinks. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The regular menu prices are reasonable and the food is excellent. My favorite time to visit is during their happy hour, which runs from 5 PM to 7 PM. Very good prices for excellent food, wine and great cocktails. I highly recommend this restaurant and eating outside at one of the sidewalk cafe tables is very pleasant when the weather is comfortable.Special Features:
- My Pre-Race Go-ToEBLizVIPDined on 9/6/2014Rosemary Thyme has become my night-before-a-race go-to restaurant for their yummy pasta and perfectly cooked chicken. I love the atmosphere and am especially happy when we can make use of their outdoor patio. The service is always great, and unlike a lot of the neighborhood the almost always have reservations or table available.Special Features:
- OverwhelmedsatxspVIPDined on 8/29/2014The service became overwhelmed when a wedding party arrived, causing patrons in the main dining room and outside area to be serviced by seemingly one server and two bus boys. We were not checked on for over 30 minutes after we received our food. Thankfully, the manager comped our meals and drinks
- First and last visit.kitkatVIPDined on 8/10/2014I went here for brunch because it was close to the place I was headed for the afternoon. The outdoor seating was very nice, but the food was rather sad -- the chips with the huevos rancheros were soggy, and the French toast was burnt.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!mrg123Dined on 8/3/2014This was my umteenth time at Rosemary's Thyme. It's one of my favorite restaurants in DC. My husband and I met friends for brunch, and we all were really pleased with our meals. While I love brunch, all meals at Rosemary's Thyme are delicious. They've never let me down.Special Features:
- slow servicetj1708VIPDined on 8/2/2014Our first time there.the service was a bit sow.glasses didnt get refilled and they never ask for a desert.... Food was very good though.we had a Pide with türkish sausage the dumplins and lahmacun. Not special enough to return for a second time though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/29/2014Great sidewalk patio with very good food and prices. Service is always good. It's one of our favorite neighborhood dinner spots.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed dinner here while visiting DC with our teenage children. The happy hour appetizer menu and prices can't be beat. I had the lamb burger, which was very good. Others had the brick oven pizza (very good) and the crab stuffed ravioli (also delicious).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where was the flavor?FoodFailDined on 7/10/2014Honestly, we were really looking forward to this meal but our entrees completely fell flat. The service was great but we will not be returning to a "mediterranean" restaurant that sells dry baklava.
- just a nice place to meet and eatDCdinerDined on 7/2/2014The food was good, the service was even better, and they had a gluten-free menu waiting for me when I got there, due to the request I put in the Open Table request box. Rosemary's Thyme is a consistently good restaurant with outdoor seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014There were 9 of us and we were treated very well and the food overall was delicious. The Bruschetta was fabulous. I heard from a friend that the spinach ravioli was fantastic. They wish they hadn't shared it. My blackened chicken was perfect - the salad dressing on the salad was a tad bland and not what I had ordered. Our waiter was extremely attentive for a fairly high maintenance group he did very well!! I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean Fare is DelishDCSDinesOutDined on 6/24/2014I have never had a bad meal at Rosemary's Thyme. Their Mediterranean fare is consistently top quality, and it doesn't break the bank! This spot definitely qualifies as a neighborhood gem. Worth a visit!Special Features:
- GREAT BRUNCH EXPERIENCE1KTravelerVIPDined on 6/15/2014We dined at Rosemary's for the first time and had a great brunch experience. The server, who was very attentive, recommended the Pide (flatbread) and I had the Mediterranean with vegetables and egg. The crust from the brick oven was crisp and flaky and melded well with the delicious ingredients. My friend had the Turkish omelette and was also very pleased. Service and ambience in the outdoor setting was very pleasant. This is a very good dining option in the area and well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2014My husband and I love this place. We come here with friends and out of town guests. Brunch is always spectacular. Highly recommend Florentine Benedict with smoked salmon, Mediterranean omelet, Tortilla Espanola, and the various pides served with poached eggs on top. Service is excellent. The place has been here for years and is always busy no matter what time of day.Special Features:
- Fun Brunch near Dupont CircleJanVaDined on 6/1/2014There are so many choices for Sunday brunch near Dupont Circle, but here's a spot not to be missed. The food was great, the service superb, and the outdoor seating in a cute little neighborhood was perfect for a summer Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 323 reviews are from the Rosemary's Thyme Bistro reviews archive.
- jgronerVIPDined on 5/20/2014As always, excellent fish dishes here. A neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Meh...MCatVIPDined on 5/11/2014Service was horrible. Food is decent but nothing I can't cook at home. Coffee is mediocre for a brunch place. Waiter brought coffee and sugar but no milk and then disappeared for 15 mins. He did take the coffee of the bill when I told him I wasn't going to pay for it. The table next to us heard my complaint and agreed the service was poor. I could understand if they were busy but they really weren't. Nice to be able sit outside. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Neighborhood spotbrunchnutDined on 5/11/2014Came here for Mothers Day Brunch and sat outside. The environment was great and the employees were eager to help! I love cute outdoor spots for brunch and this place did not disappoint. I had the French toast on their homemade bread it was great! I will be backSpecial Features:
- Mediterranean brunchWidowAt56Dined on 5/11/2014Very nice menu with unusual Turkish dish, Pastirma pide, a thin pizza crust with cheese and seasoned cured beef - added 2 sunnyside up eggs. Delicious brunch. Lots of options for lunch, brunch and dinner. The outdoor terrace was nice with shades or without (we just asked the server to make it comfortable). I was glad to have a 10:30am brunch time. Reservations were easily made.Special Features:
- Alfresco Dining with FriendscrawfordDCDined on 5/9/2014Our experience dining at Rosemary's Thyme was very nice. We were seated at a table outside near the corner, which was nice and out of the way of other diners. There were four people in our party with various dining restrictions - vegetarian, gluten-free - any everyone was able to easily find something to suit their tastes. Meze dishes came out bit by bit and were very tasty. One in our group tried the kebab and said it was very filling. The waitstaff were friendly and attentive without being on top of you. Overall, we had a great time and we will be back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/6/2014Wonderful food and excellent service! Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Good mediterranean restaurantrosariotDined on 4/24/2014The restaurant propose several dishes of the mediterranean cuisine at an acceptable quality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little spotbmillzDined on 4/20/2014Made a reservation for a first date on Easter Sunday. I was nervous that the place would be packed, but it was fairly empty. The host was very friendly and even made me a drink while I was waiting for my date to arrive. Very nice ambience. We only ordered a couple of the small plates and some drinks, but it was all pretty good.Special Features:
- Not a very pleasant experienceMilenaDined on 4/20/2014Even before I sit down the waitress asked me twice what I wanted to drink. My glass was dirty with lipstick. My husband quiche came burned, bread was old and although they had all that rush for the drinks they only brought them when we were almost finished eating. Will not come back, food is not good and place does not look very clean.
- jgronerVIPDined on 4/13/2014The dual offering of dorade and tuna was great as usual, as is the house salad and the artichoke pizza. Fine neighborhood place
- One of my favorites!l1680Dined on 4/13/2014I have been to Rosemary Thyme's Bistro multiple times for brunch. The food is always tasty and the service is good. Highly recommended for those looking to find a new place for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in the Dupont's NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/5/2014We found some great reviews about the restaurant and decided to go for brunch on Sunday. We really like the services and food quality. Then we book for my B-day celebration. Starting from the happy hour we met with a group of 14 people. Drinks were incredible and the bartenders just amazingly friendly. We stay for dinner and the food was very good with a touch of home-made that all people enjoy. The services was incredible good and all friends attending very satisfied. This is a must go restaurant by sure.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemTackyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Service was fabulous, and half price bottles of wine didn't hurt either. Four of us each ordered something different, and no one was disappointed or jealous of another's plate. Saw so much on the menu that I'd like to try that I'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemrnelliottVIPDined on 3/14/2014Rosemary's Thyme is one of my go-to restaurants in DC for years. The food is consistently excellent and the varied menu means everyone can find something they like. To add to that be extended happy hour with half-price wine is not something to miss, plus getting there early means you don't have to wait for a table, which is common by 8 pm. Also, don't miss the deserts. They are consistently to die for.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemNicoleMd01Dined on 3/6/2014I have loved Rosemary's Thyme since the early 2000's. They remain consistent in providing a wonderful dining experience. The salads, entrees and desserts are wonderful plus the staff are present without being over bearing. Great for a date night or dinner with your book club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual fine meal, pleasantjgronerVIPDined on 2/19/2014Usual fine meal, pleasant surroundings. The blackened tuna was overcooked, but the salmon and angel hair pasta were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunted for a place we hadCautiousDined on 2/14/2014Hunted for a place we had not tried and this restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere was quiet and attractive; it was great not to have to strain to hear my companion - the noise level was very reasonable. I was disappointed my martini came in one of those triangular water glasses - which I hate, however the drink, despite the awkward glass was excellent! The food was good, I had a salmon dish that was good but not great, my friend had the scallops and was very satisfied. The service was good but slow, but we forgave that b/c it got busy shortly after we were seated. Overall the experience was positive and I would definitely try the restaurant again.
- food not impressivemattDined on 2/14/2014went there for st valentine's dinner; fixed price meal. nice staff, timely service. but the food was just not up the price scale. chewing fillet mignon (!)... very generic food (and wine...). from what we had in the plates we couldn't identify much skill in the kitchen. they ran out of some of the desert choices; made no discount for it. if you like food don't go there; eat at home it will be better.
- dinner with friendsprestonDined on 2/8/2014We had the worst waiter in the restuarant. no personally. The other waiters seemed engaged in there customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, but sloooow serviceArlingtonGuruDined on 2/2/2014The restaurant ranked high on many ratings so we decided to try something new before our play at the Keegan. It was a nice atmosphere and not too noisy. We got our menus fairly quickly and loved all the choices. The biggest issue was the incredibly slow service. More than 30 minutes to get our four dishes - a Med pide, French toast, huevos rancheros and an omelette. If the place had been packed, it might have made sense, but it was only about half full at 1:30 pm. The food was delicious once it finally arrived. The other issue was that there were a few folks sitting outside so the waiters had to keep going through the back door to tend to them. That was fine, but it was very cold outside and they kept leaving the door open!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very happy birthday experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014I had my birthday dinner at Rosemary's Thyme. From the very second I step in, I had polite staff taking care of us. I had the dirty martini and it was so delicious! I originally had a table for 6 people and we all are deaf. Then I had two more people coming in unexpectedly however the staff was very accommodating. The waiter was not afraid to gesture and work with deaf people for their orders. The lighting was nice as well! My friends and I definitely had a great time and the food was amazing! We shared appetiziers and we ended up sharing our dinners as well. We JUST HAD TO try them all! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicetbcindcVIPDined on 1/15/2014I never knew this was a Turkish place (one wouldn't guess from its name). I just ate a few very good apps at the bar. Nice servers, very attentive. Small-ish, but pretty diverse wine list with a few old world and a few new world wines. I'd definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a gem!kittygmDined on 1/11/2014I used to live in DC 10 years ago and was recently back and out with friends who asked me to pick the restaurant I missed the most. It was a no-brainer! It was still awesome food, drinks and atmosphere. Go for the specialty items and you can't go wrong, they are especially amazing! Also, it is a fun location for both brunch and dinner which is rare.Special Features:
- This restaurant consistentlybigfootdcDined on 1/4/2014This restaurant consistently offers a pleasing dining experience--very good food, good service, pleasing atmosphere, decent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Year's Eve Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013It was our first time dining at this restaurant and it turned out to be a great pick! Had a great New Year's Eve dinner here. It has a cozy, neighborhood feel to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.