Rosemary and Sage
26 Hamburg Tpke
I-287, exit 5
Riverdale, NJ 07457Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rosemary and Sage
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosemaryandsage.com/
- Phone: 9736160606x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brooks Nicklas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rosemary and Sage
The family and staff of Rosemary and Sage is dedicated to maintaining the highest possible standards of quality and attentive service, that is in all ways, welcoming.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosemary and Sage reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (8)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A Special Place for a Special EventrabbitDined on 10/3/2014We were attracted to this restaurant by it's name! We wanted a special place to celebrate a milestone birthday and we are so delighted with that we made that decision. The waitstaff was professional, friendly and knowledgeable. The menu was varied but not overwhelming. We had a wonderful fig/cheese/bacon appetizer-crisp, nicely dressed salad-a wonderful vegetarian casserole and a delicious mahi mahi entre. Dessert was special and the chocolate/peanut butter ice cream made it even better. It was a wonderful place to celebrate and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and how carefully it was prepared and presented. Our "go-to"place for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful findBubblesVIPDined on 10/1/2014From the friendly service to the exquisite food we will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPG29Dined on 9/27/2014The meal was excellent. The chef's preparations were flawless. A salmon profiterole appetizer with fire roasted shrimp was amazing, I was still talking about it the next day. Overall, the dining room service seemed a bit off but the meal more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysNICKDined on 9/13/2014As usual the food was phenomenal! From the appetizers which included baked black figs wrapped with home made bacon stuffed with goat cheese on napa slaw and orange sauce and the terrine with liver patte was mouth watering! The entries we had included the Lamb shank with scalloped potatoes, String beans & sage sauce and the venison steak with mixed game meat sausage which were totally inialated!! The HAHN S.L.H. Pinot Noir we picked from the menu was just right for the fair!!Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodfirstnightDined on 9/13/2014I took a first date here and it was wonderful. The menu was interesting and the specials were great. My date had the special fish dish and I had a menu item. Both were perfectly cooked and look great on the plate.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurants in areaRichVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always have an amazing meal at Rosemary and Sage. Wendy and her team are terrific. We enjoyed a special Tapas menu on the Friday before Labor Day. Foodies in the area will not be disappointed; we have never had a bad dish there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Rosemary and Sage reviews archive.
- DisappointedJoanMVIPDined on 6/21/2014I have dined at this restaurant many times but moved out of state so had not been for a few years. Met family here as it was a good central location and was honestly embarrassed that I recommended it. The service was non existent, the staff was unfriendly and we waited forever just to get our bill. Other guests were seated after us and were done and gone before we were even offered dessert menus. The food was mediocre, I can honestly say we would never consider this restaurant again.
- DeliciousBrenVIPDined on 6/18/2014We were celebrating 2friends birthdays. The dinners were wonderfully prepared and presented. The service was very professional and attentive. You can bring wines on Wednesdays which is always a plus. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Food served as you wantCHAKDined on 5/17/2014We have been to this place once per year for the last ten years to meet our friend from upstate New York. Every time we have enjoyed the hospitality of this place. Great fish and meat dishes are served with excellent side dishes. My wife is a vegetarian. Chef Brooks make a point to serve a custom vegetarian main course for her. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delight!BergenmomVIPDined on 5/10/2014Great food in a pleasant setting. A little out of the way, but worth it!Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014Wonderful menu and great local charm. Make a reservation and enjoy.Special Features:
- continuing great foodatt1Dined on 5/10/2014the food preperation continues first class-tasty, varied menu selections complimented by a good wine selection both by the glass and bottleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great long running restaurantatt1Dined on 4/11/2014A long standing restaurant-conveniently located off rte 287 in riverdale, nj. The owners are always welcoming- she-wendy-in the front of the house and he-brooks- in the kitchen offering inventive, tasteful food with a varied and interesting wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was very good,RnowesDined on 4/5/2014The restaurant was very good, but there menu was not large. I liked my main dish much better than my appetizer. However, they were nice and friendly and did not rush us, which is wonderful!Special Features:
- Love this place. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2014Love this place. The food is creative but not too fussy. Everything is fresh and healthfully prepared. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Best to DateRulesdocVIPDined on 3/28/2014Longtime favorite of ours, but just outstanding food prep and presentation. Unusual for this type of "foodie" restaurant were the portions provided; seemed much larger then usual. No compromise on the quality. Just a fantastic evening of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingoneforthethumbDined on 3/1/2014Drove by this place so many times and I never realized it was a restaurant. Superb food and reasonably priced. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food, mediocre service.LilyhammerJohnnyDined on 2/14/2014First time here on a fully booked night. Found the food outstanding, but like other reviewers here, found the service to be very very inconsistent. After we were seated, it took us more then 20 minutes for someone to take our order. The servers walked around us like they didn't know who's table it was and no one said a word until I asked for someone to come over to take our order. Things came out slow in the beginning, but then picked up after we had our salads to a regular pace. Expect it to be a long night there especially if it's crowded. We had the NY strip steak, and it was excellent, but I would not have served baked beans with it at their prices. That dish needed to be a little more creatively put together IMO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally dined here!RUSHFan0612VIPDined on 1/25/2014We finally went & dined at this place after hearing so much about it and literally passing by it while driving maybe 1000 times in my life, having lived in Pompton Plains for the past 19+ years. All that we can say is...WOW, what a find! Brooks & Wendy definitely have a great thing going here! Brooks makes absolutely fantastic soups and sauces...and everything else for that matter, but just wanted to point out both items that I did. I loved that they were on OpenTable...I never would have thought that this place would do that. Anyway, we will definitely be back at some point in the future!Special Features:
- Creative Food...no service!sublitDined on 11/23/2013The food is excellent. The wait staff needs more training.Special Features:
- Always fantasticChristmasDined on 10/26/2013Eclectic, creative and delicious combinations of food. Everything is fresh and home made from scratch, from the butter to the white chocolate mousse. Love this place. My top 5 fave of all time.Special Features:
- Reminds me of a French country innNonameReviewerVIPDined on 10/18/2013Travelers in France often come upon small country inns. They tend to be run by a husband and wife. They are lovely but very simple. And their food tends to be delightful. I am always reminded of these simple country inns when I dine at Rosemary & Sage. All the characteristics are there...only the food is better than I have had at many a country inn in France. With its seasonal menu and personalized service by the owner, it is a great place to eat.Special Features:
- When we arrived, the greeterReviewer1VIPDined on 9/14/2013When we arrived, the greeter had no record of our Open Table reservation, but we were quickly seated. Unfortunately, only one person was taking the food orders for everyone, and our order was not taken for 40 minutes. When my gumbo came, I was given no spoon. The food was very good, however.
- Been coming here for yearsHariMDined on 9/7/2013Been coming here for years & always pleased in the past. Felt I was settling in selecting an entree, without an exciting choice. Presentation was very nice but food was very bland. Service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Custom DelightCHAKDined on 9/6/2013I really appreciate the fact this place takes lots of effort in pulling together a great menu and a great set of specials. Every time I visit,I feel that the restaurant is providing custom cooked food the guests. Food is perfect, sevice is superb and desserts are mouth watering. Keep up the good work!!!Special Features:
- Great findguy19Dined on 9/4/2013Have been meaning to try this restaurant for years. Finally chose it for my birthday dinner with my husband and am so glad I did. The food was exquisite. The service was great. Wine was delicious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotEatlingerVIPDined on 8/30/2013Good food, carefully constructed wine and spirits offerings and attentive friendly staff make this a good choice for a quiet, pleasant evening. Easy access from 287 a plus as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stayed away too longFishyDined on 8/24/2013Since we don't tend to go in the direction of Rosemary & Sage for dinner, we hadn't eaten there for many years but always knew we should return. So glad I thought of it for last Saturday night as it was just as remembered - friendly service and wonderful, inventive food. Won't wait years to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit and we wereOldtimerDined on 8/10/2013Our first visit and we were very impressed overall. Menu diversity, creativity and presentation, fair pricing and attentive service. What else could we want? We will be back! If we driving by and didn't know the place, we probably would have kept driving, but I learned of Rosemary and Sage via a web search. We went there to try something new and because there were many positive reviews posted by others.
- It's a gem in RiverdaleCarolynBDined on 7/19/2013The restaurant has been there for years and the food is awesome. The service is kind of slow, but if you're not in a hurry, you can just have a longer visit. The restaurant was very accommodating about our order, which was complicated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013Service was excellent and the foods that they prepared were exceptional. We really enjoyed the creativity and pairing of unique flavors, colors and various textures. It was a true culinary delight and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal EverOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/22/2013We have frequented Rosemary and Sage regularly again the past several years after not visiting for 5 or more years. The food never disappoints, the wine list is thoughtfully selected with selections from a wide price range. This trip the Scallop and Tuna dishes were as good as anything we ever eaten in restaurant.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2013I went to this local place about 12 years ago and was pleased and came back on a whim. I was pleasantly surprised again. This family owned gem succeeds at keeping it new and fresh. The owner was very knowledgeable about the wine list as well as their menu and what was a good fit for our selections. This was a memorable meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.