1397 North Highland Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudatlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 347-9747
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday our bar opens at 4pm for drinks before dinner.
Monday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Monday Night Brunch
Tuesday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner
Wednesday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner
Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner
Friday: 10:00am-3:30 Brunch
Saturday: 9:00am- 3:30pm Brunch
Sunday: 9:00am- 4:00pm Brunch
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Ron Eyester
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rosebud is pleased to offer many private dining options to our patrons. These options include the rental of the private dining rooms located within the restaurant, or the buyout of the entire restaurant for large private events. Our private wine room can seat up to 12 guests and our semi-private dining room can seat up to 36 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Wall 770-503-6063x
A word from Rosebud
Initially opened as Food 101 in 2005 and later rebranded as Rosebud in 2009, this staple of the Virginia Highlands/Morningside neighborhood has emerged as the quintessential neighborhood restaurant. Rosebud has built its reputation on supporting local growers and serving a creative fare of Southern inspired American cuisine that is approachable and sensible. Our bar program mirrors our philosophy about our food, and both of these entities are enjoyed in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere that is very much a reflection of the character of our neighborhood. Please join us for dinner any night of the week, and be sure not to miss out on one of Atlanta's most popular brunches, served Friday thru Sunday.Continued
Chef/Owner Ron Eyester, competed on Bravo's Top Chef Season 12 in Boston.
Chef/Owner Ron Eyester, competed on Bravo's Top Chef Season 12 in Boston.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Rosebud - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
Rosebud reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (111)great for brunch (86)fit for foodies (83)good for groups (32)special occasion (31)great for lunch (28)great for outdoor dining (23)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (21)romantic (16)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not a great brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/23/2014We waited an hour past our reservation time for mediocre food. The ambience is lovely and it's very close to my home, but I much prefer Alon's or Highland Bakery for the service, quality of food, and price.
- much less than expectedMchaffinsVIPDined on 11/22/2014I had friends talk about brunch at rosebud multiple times, so I was excited to try it. Despite my reservation, we were seated at the table at the very back of the resturant. They left the back door open throughout of our meal on one of the coldest days of the year. Then when we asked to change a menu item from poached eggs to scrambled eggs, the waitress said that they cannot make that change. And added, "the chef is in a bad mood today." Despite the chef's mood, the food was decent, but nothing to make up for the terrible service and ambiance. There are a lot of great brunch spots in Atlanta so I would choose to skip this place.Special Features:
- Ultimate PancakebobarianDined on 11/16/2014After many visits to Rosebud I finally had the Ultimate Pancake. Every other visit I was distracted by the brunch special or by the influence of the incredible staff. It did not disappoint. It was amazing and I finished the entire pancake. What I could not finish was the Orange Stillman, now that is a drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going to rosebud! It's one of our faves.LoLoDined on 11/16/2014Food was once again outstanding. As usual the place was packed, but we had a reservation so only waited about 20 mins. They even gave us a great table for my toe kiddos that were w us. The only issue was they double charged us. Which they promptly fixed after me calling the next day. If your considering going, GOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked and over pricedAtmosphereDined on 11/14/2014$22.00 for over cooked salmon with a white bean stew that was under cooked. Very disappointing
- Disappointing second visitSprixieDined on 11/9/2014After a delightful brunch here several months ago, we decided to come back. The server was inattentive and rude. First, it was a long wait between filling our water cups and bringing drinks, then another long wait to order food. It was more than 30 minutes from the time we sat down to the time we got our food. The waitress was unwilling to put a sauce on the side and then argued that the nearly burnt fries were just the way they make them. She dropped the check in the middle of the table without comment and hurried away. We tried to get her attention to split the bill and when she finally looked our way she was again grumpy with us. By the time we left we felt like we had inconvenienced her and two of the four meals were subpar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client lunchMGreenDined on 11/7/2014Had lunch at Rosebud, the food service was extremely slow coming out however the food was very good and our clients loved the atmosphere! I will certainly return with more clients and spread the word to to other people to check out the restaurant!Special Features:
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 11/5/2014Rosebud is the best for brunch - and is consistently good for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is a must!Becks31Dined on 11/2/2014My man and I came in for Sunday brunch and everything was perfect! We only waited 10 minutes and were promptly sat and greeted by our server. I highly recommend the egg rolls and fried cheese grits! The food was amazing and the drinks were just as great! I had the Rosebud Shandy and loved it. The staff fits the neighborhood: fun and unique! The bar tenders made my day while waiting because they were jamming out behind the bar and you can tell they were having a good time. Our server was sepurb and have amazing suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chops2Dined on 11/2/2014Our first time here. We will be back! Good place to bring good friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High and lowThecookeatsoutDined on 11/1/2014Loved the atmosphere. Food was ordinary. We'll return for the great vibe.Special Features:
- Best Brunchbrunchluv3rDined on 11/1/2014Rosebud is such a great brunch spot! Delicious food and great Bloody Mary's. Wonderful service and awesome ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchchrisvVIPDined on 10/26/2014The food was amazing, patio was great, can't say a bad thing about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 10/26/2014Brunch is one of Rosebud's best accomplishments! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wierd and disappointing1toughcustomerVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our waiter gave us disappointng service. He told us items were unavailable which limited our dinner and salad selections. We later found out the items were availabe. Our request for salad dressing on the side and no garlic on the green beans was not satisfied, we sent the salad back but didn't eat the green beans which was full of almost raw garlic. (How many times can one send things back to kitchen?) The bread served before dinner for four was four small slices of the worst bread we have ever eaten at an Atlanta restaurant. There is no excuse for this considering that all supermarkets now carry superior bread choices. We not be returning to Rosebud again.
- Not cooked rightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014I ordered the Wednesday special, the roasted chicken. It was bloody, not good! They replaced it with the fried chicken sandwich which was good. The pimento cheese spread on the sandwich was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantJillVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food and wine were delicious. Ron is a talented chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too SaltySaltLickDined on 10/19/2014I love salt. I am known for over salting my food and not even being able to taste it. That said forme and my brunch partner both our sselections were almost unedible. She had the crab cake benidect and I had fried chicken over biscuits with fried eggs and sausage gravy. The hashbrowns were salty, even the onions with the potatoes were salt laden.
- Fantastic BrunchbobarianDined on 10/18/2014One of the few brunch spots that takes reservations. The food was fantastic, the bloody mary was even better!Special Features:
- Just okayTigerDined on 10/17/2014This is described as a neighborhood gmn but after our second time trying this restaurant we don't see the appeal. I think the locals live it but the food is average and not worth the drive. I would live to report better, but we can find much better where we live in buckhead.
- JaneDined on 10/17/2014Root vegetables and sauce served with crab cakes were delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good.pac28VIPDined on 10/16/2014I ordered the brussel sprouts with sambal chili glaze as an appetizer, very good. For my entrée the Pork Shoulder with grits was delicious. Some of the best grits, I've had. So creamy and flavorful. Hoping to get there for their brunch one day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- kentSreviewsDined on 10/13/2014The staff was very courteous and the food was outstanding. I had the stuffed pancake for dinner on a Monday night, amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunch is BUSY!onelogDined on 10/11/2014It was a great experience overall. Nice cocktail selection and good pours. The menu is fun and unique enough. I definitely recommend anything off the "What Locals Eat" section(or something like that). Don't expect the most prompt service when it's extra busy, but our drinks were there when we needed them, and that made the wait that much easier.Special Features:
- AsomewhatpickyeaterVIPDined on 10/11/2014Rosebud called the day before to confirm my Open Table reservation, and it was clear that the staff had actually read the "special comments" portion of my Opentable reservation! So, we arrived with a quite positive feeling. The food was excellent. But, I am not sure why restaurants feel compelled to make the portion sizes ginormous?? It took a while to get the check (even though they were not all that busy). Otherwise service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Top Brunches in AtlantaKatersmeaDined on 10/5/2014This place will sure to please you for brunch. Your standard Bennedict is not so standard here. Traditional twists and new flavors help to keep things new and spicey. The Exec. Chief is on his way to Bravo's Top Cheif and spends a lot of time asking his dinners about their meals and experience. This is a neighborhood joint that has a warm wait staff and great bar. The coffee is a little too black but you can cut that with cream. In the winter time dress in layers because they do not have a weather door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance, overpriced wineAlexG6Dined on 10/4/2014Raosebud has good ambiance, but overpriced dull wine.Special Features:
- cwertyDined on 9/29/2014A good spot for classed up comfort food. Can't go wrong with the calamari and a signature cocktail.Special Features:
- Exceptional!BreezyDined on 9/28/2014The food was absolutely delicious for myself and husband. Even though we had a twenty minute wait, we were not disappointed. We will definitely return.😍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crza3000crza3000Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I dined there this past Saturday night for the first time. The food was much more refined than the service would suggest. Not to say the service was bad, it was just more casual than one would expect from the level of the food coming out of the kitchen. Cocktails were great, apps (chicken liver toast, tuna tartar) and entrees (lamb shank, NY strip) were fantastic! We couldn't decide on desert, so we asked our server and she said the bread pudding was by far the favorite. The overall flavor was pleasant, but I'll have to say overall it was dry and stale tasting. A disappointing way to end, but it did not tarnish the overall experience as our meal was excellent. Can't wait to come back and try other selections!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall quite goodPerfectDined on 9/21/2014The waiter was quite good. The food was quiet good. The drink was good. The desert was good. It was good. For the neighborhood it is a gem. In fact it is the best place in it's category on that patch of the street. Maybe that is the problem. It would be good if there was equal quality competition near by. I know it is difficult to fault the best place on the street for not having competition, but this is the biggest fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodAbbyVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was fantastic but the service was not so great. I am sure he was very busy it being sunday brunch and all but we sat without ANYONE greeting us for about 10 minutes then when he came over he basically served three tables as if we all sat at the same time. It just took a very long time to get even water on the table.Special Features:
- Wonderful as UsualkbizDined on 9/21/2014We always enjoy visiting Rosebud for brunch. Everything is delicious! Outdoor patio is fabulous - highly recommend requesting a seat outside. If you're in the mood for a cocktail, they have a great list of brunch accompaniments! Parking is difficult so leave yourself time to find a spot on the street.Special Features:
- Everyone has an off dayjayveepeaDined on 9/20/2014I used to live in Atlanta for eight years and Rosebud was my favorite brunch place in town. I just went back this weekend, hoping to relive the deliciousness of the Nasty McAlister but my bubble was quickly burst when my plate arrived. The service was pretty bad, our inattentive waitress took forever to bring anything and our food took more than 30 minutes. She said the kitchen wouldn't accommodate one of our friend's request for an all vegetable plate, which I found surprising. When my long-awaited sandwich finally came, it had a smidge of eggs, the chicken was cold and it was nothing like I remembered. Very disappointing but I hope it was just a case of a bad day.Special Features:
- Best shrimp & grits ever!CarotoppVIPDined on 9/20/2014Met some friends for Saturday brunch. Very creative menu. Our server was very helpful. Good bloody Marys. Egg dishes were wonderful. The best shrimp & grits I ever had. Love the Va Highlands neighborhood!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryLove2EatDined on 9/16/2014Great food and excellent service. The Fried Eggplant and the hushpuppies are a great appetizer. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddatenightVIPDined on 9/13/2014rosebud is a fun place to go to dinner. the food is good but not excellent. the ambiance is great and the service friendly.Special Features:
- Not as great as we rememberedDisappointedDined on 9/13/2014Think,our server was new so service was a little slow but the server made a pretty good effort. Food was mot as good as we remembered. Portions were not large- my husband got three medium size scallops for $26. Don't think we will go back:(Special Features:
- loved the placescatteredaboutDined on 9/12/2014Casually stylish. Bar area and front room are lively & pretty; it's quiet in the back room. Go early, request seating in the front room, and order the featured entree for that night. (It's crab cakes on Friday night, which the server recommended, along with their fried chicken, which she said is also very popular.) Homemade pimiento cheese appetizer was yummy. Steak & fried chicken entrees were excellent, but veggie sides were sub-par. Praline carrot cake dessert was delicious. We were in the back room and ate late, both of which seemed to negatively effect our service.Special Features:
- Always enjoy eatting at Rosebud!hondasDined on 9/12/2014Menu is creative and the food is fresh, local and full of flavor. Wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. For the three times we've been, it has been busy, but the noise level has not been overly loud. This is one of our favorite spots.Special Features: