1397 North Highland Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4043479747x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday: 10:00am - 3:30pm; Saturday: 9:00am - 3:30pm; Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Monday- Friday our bar opens at 4pm for drinks before dinner.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30 - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm & Sunday: 5:30pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Ron Eyester
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rosebud is pleased to offer many private dining options to our patrons. These options include the rental of the private dining rooms located within the restaurant, or the buyout of the entire restaurant for large private events. Our private wine room can seat up to 12 guests and our semi-private dining room can seat up to 36 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Wall 770-503-6063x
A word from Rosebud
Initially opened as Food 101 in 2005 and later rebranded as Rosebud in 2009, this staple of the Virginia Highlands/Morningside neighborhood has emerged as the quintessential neighborhood restaurant. Rosebud has built its reputation on supporting local growers and serving a creative fare of Southern inspired American cuisine that is approachable and sensible. Our bar program mirrors our philosophy about our food, and both of these entities are enjoyed in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere that is very much a reflection of the character of our neighborhood. Please join us for dinner any night of the week, and be sure not to miss out on one of Atlanta's most popular brunches, served Friday thru Sunday.Continued
Chef / Owner, and Top Chef contestant, Ron Eyester will take to the kitchen this Fall to compete in Top Chef Season 12. Tune in to Bravo on October 15th, to watch our favorite chef’testant take it to Boston.
Chef / Owner, and Top Chef contestant, Ron Eyester will take to the kitchen this Fall to compete in Top Chef Season 12. Tune in to Bravo on October 15th, to watch our favorite chef’testant take it to Boston.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Rosebud - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
Rosebud reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (123)great for brunch (115)fit for foodies (90)good for groups (45)great for lunch (35)special occasion (34)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (24)great for outdoor dining (23)romantic (23)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (10)late-night find (3)Show More
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The food was absolutely delicious for myself and husband. Even though we had a twenty minute wait, we were not disappointed. We will definitely return.😍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crza3000OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I dined there this past Saturday night for the first time. The food was much more refined than the service would suggest. Not to say the service was bad, it was just more casual than one would expect from the level of the food coming out of the kitchen. Cocktails were great, apps (chicken liver toast, tuna tartar) and entrees (lamb shank, NY strip) were fantastic! We couldn't decide on desert, so we asked our server and she said the bread pudding was by far the favorite. The overall flavor was pleasant, but I'll have to say overall it was dry and stale tasting. A disappointing way to end, but it did not tarnish the overall experience as our meal was excellent. Can't wait to come back and try other selections!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall quite goodPerfectDined on 9/21/2014The waiter was quite good. The food was quiet good. The drink was good. The desert was good. It was good. For the neighborhood it is a gem. In fact it is the best place in it's category on that patch of the street. Maybe that is the problem. It would be good if there was equal quality competition near by. I know it is difficult to fault the best place on the street for not having competition, but this is the biggest fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodAbbyVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was fantastic but the service was not so great. I am sure he was very busy it being sunday brunch and all but we sat without ANYONE greeting us for about 10 minutes then when he came over he basically served three tables as if we all sat at the same time. It just took a very long time to get even water on the table.Special Features:
- Wonderful as UsualkbizDined on 9/21/2014We always enjoy visiting Rosebud for brunch. Everything is delicious! Outdoor patio is fabulous - highly recommend requesting a seat outside. If you're in the mood for a cocktail, they have a great list of brunch accompaniments! Parking is difficult so leave yourself time to find a spot on the street.Special Features:
- Everyone has an off dayjayveepeaDined on 9/20/2014I used to live in Atlanta for eight years and Rosebud was my favorite brunch place in town. I just went back this weekend, hoping to relive the deliciousness of the Nasty McAlister but my bubble was quickly burst when my plate arrived. The service was pretty bad, our inattentive waitress took forever to bring anything and our food took more than 30 minutes. She said the kitchen wouldn't accommodate one of our friend's request for an all vegetable plate, which I found surprising. When my long-awaited sandwich finally came, it had a smidge of eggs, the chicken was cold and it was nothing like I remembered. Very disappointing but I hope it was just a case of a bad day.Special Features:
- Best shrimp & grits ever!CarotoppDined on 9/20/2014Met some friends for Saturday brunch. Very creative menu. Our server was very helpful. Good bloody Marys. Egg dishes were wonderful. The best shrimp & grits I ever had. Love the Va Highlands neighborhood!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryLove2EatDined on 9/16/2014Great food and excellent service. The Fried Eggplant and the hushpuppies are a great appetizer. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddatenightVIPDined on 9/13/2014rosebud is a fun place to go to dinner. the food is good but not excellent. the ambiance is great and the service friendly.Special Features:
- Not as great as we rememberedDisappointedDined on 9/13/2014Think,our server was new so service was a little slow but the server made a pretty good effort. Food was mot as good as we remembered. Portions were not large- my husband got three medium size scallops for $26. Don't think we will go back:(Special Features:
- loved the placescatteredaboutDined on 9/12/2014Casually stylish. Bar area and front room are lively & pretty; it's quiet in the back room. Go early, request seating in the front room, and order the featured entree for that night. (It's crab cakes on Friday night, which the server recommended, along with their fried chicken, which she said is also very popular.) Homemade pimiento cheese appetizer was yummy. Steak & fried chicken entrees were excellent, but veggie sides were sub-par. Praline carrot cake dessert was delicious. We were in the back room and ate late, both of which seemed to negatively effect our service.Special Features:
- Always enjoy eatting at Rosebud!hondasDined on 9/12/2014Menu is creative and the food is fresh, local and full of flavor. Wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. For the three times we've been, it has been busy, but the noise level has not been overly loud. This is one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Good, not greatNobodyDined on 9/6/2014This was my first time at Rosebud and it was very good. I had the lamb, which was a bit overdone for my taste but the flavor was still very good. A little closer to medium rare than medium well would have been preferable. We had pimento cheese as an appetizer, and while I was surprised it was served cold, it was also very good. The mixed drinks and beer list were what you'd expect, and overall we were very pleased. Next time I would probably venture away from the lamb, but I'll certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!KatdogDined on 9/6/2014The food is delicious with local, organic options on the menu. Our appetizers and food came in a timely manner. The server gave us our space but was quick to refill drinks. My main complaint is the noise level - it was loud and hard to hear the others at my table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceVtwinPilotVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had their burger, very tasty. You can tell they go the extra mile with it. Carefully prepared, excellent bun. Overall satisfied. Would return again.
- Best Brunch in the Cityatlm3Dined on 8/31/2014Best brunch in the city I've had thus far, great drinks, great food. Every single thing our group had, was very much enjoyed.Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014This place had been recommended to me by a lot of people. I was very excited to finally go, but it didn't turn out too well. The corn muffins were amazing, but some other things did not go too well at all. I want to give this restaurant another shot, but make sure you don't put it on a pedestal, if you know what I mean.
- Nice brunchestyleDined on 8/31/2014Food overall was good, but did have higher expectations though.Special Features:
- SO goodIlikefoodVIPDined on 8/25/2014A friend introduced me to Rosebud about a year ago, and while I don't make it there very often I enjoy it every time I do. This time we were seated in a smaller section of the restaurant, which was quieter than where we'd been other times so we could hear each other talk during the meal. The only problem we had was deciding what to order, because everything is so delicious. The fried chicken is among the best I've ever had. I definitely recommend that as well as the ahi tuna. Monday nights they have brunch, and while I was disappointed that they were out of crab cake benedict, I enjoyed my Nasty McAllister.Special Features:
- Great food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Always a favorite spot with great food and drinks. Not an especially friendly host staff, but most of the servers and all of the barstaff are great fun--grab a bite at the bar for the best service. The Orange Stillman is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time not a charmSeattlefoodieDined on 8/24/2014Let my start out by saying I really wanted to like Rosebud. Both times I've gone is for brunch. The first time I went I ordered the pancakes. They came out cold. It was gross. The last time I ordered the shrimp omelette with grits. Again cold. The grits could have been good if hot. Waitress was overwhelmed. It took her about 20 minutes to bring our check. I know it's busy on Sundays. But that isn't acceptable. I go to brunch almost every Sunday at places just as busy and don't have a problem. Makes sense while my food was cold. Was probably just sitting there. It's been disappointing. Maybe another day of the week is better.
- Can't Wait To Go Again!WeekendFoodieDined on 8/23/2014I've had Rosebud on my radar for several months and finally had the chance to try it. We were not disappointed. The best shrimp and grits I've ever had, and the basil infused vodka lemonade cocktail we tried was amazing! The server was so personable; she had just the right amount of enthusiasm and always seemed to know when we needed something, even though it was obvious she was busy. I am definitely putting Rosebud on my list of "frequent visits".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodPainterladyDined on 8/23/2014Rosebud has a very nice menu with local and sustainable ingredients that change seasonally. Their cocktail and wine lists also feature some local and/or sustainable wines and liquors as well as local brews on tap. We arrived for a 5:30 reservation, and although the restaurant only had a handful of tables seated, they would not seat us until the rest of our party arrived-this is a pet peeve of mine. Our waitress was competent and prompt, but seemed either very shy or indifferent.Shrimp and grits, scallops, and fried chicken all excellent, as was the melon and proscuitto app. Crab balls were a bit dry. Dessert was the best part bread pudding, ice cream and sticky toffee pudding-all delicious.Would probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This was our go-to place for brunch until recently when we went, they had changed the menu. When we walked in, we noticed that the restaurant was quite empty. They usually are so busy you can't get a seat for brunch. The oysters , which I LOVED changed the sauce to a luke-warm, tasteless mess. The other regular dishes that we order regularly were terrible. Our waiter was NOT at all accommodating. He just stood there looking at us when we complained about our meal. He never offered to bring the menu to see something else or ask the mgr to come. When we took our check to see the manager, he came chasing us down as if we were going to skip out on paying! The only saving grace was that the manager was VERY nice and he comped our meal..
- High expectations, low satisfactionRosiethervtrDined on 8/23/2014I was surprised that I even had to make reservations because the restaurant was almost empty. The waitress seemed nice enough and promptly seated us. The coffee was good, our cups were never empty, and the mimosas were nice too. I had the whole wheat pancakes with blueberry butter that were very tasty. Unfortunately my mom ordered the waffle which she said tasted undercooked and exactly like a bisquik waffle she makes at home. My mom also witnessed an uncomfortable interaction between a customer and the waitress. The customer moved their chair so they would not be right up against another customer and the waitress told them they had to move in a rude manner. It goes without saying that customer won't be back and neither will I.
- Too much SaltOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014This was our second time dining here, and both times with four different entrees the food was too salty. I think the food would have been wonderful if the saltiness had not over powered the dish.
- Cute and QuaintBunnyfoodieDined on 8/22/2014This spot is great and I simply loved the décor and simplicity of the restaurant and vibe. My only gripe is that I was totally disappointed with my entrée. I love crab, so I was stoked to try their crab cakes, so when my plate came out, it was those crab cakes that you despise --- those crab cakes that are more cake than crab, packed with pasty binders and bland fillers or heavily coated in bread crumbs -- no bueno!! I ate a few bites but I was not fulfilled leaving, I was hungry. Would I go back? Yes, because they do deserve a 2nd chance...perhaps the Pork Chop or Scallops would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold FoodTaz1Dined on 8/17/2014I usually love Rosebud...however, last visit the food was cold, maybe the popularity has gotten to the quality. The potatoes were cold and eggs were cold....hope they get back to the original quality.Special Features:
- Overrated yet againOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014I have been to Rosebud a few times based on hgh recommendations from a friend. The first time my food was very good, my drink was mediocre and my service was horrible. The second time, the food was hit or miss, the drink was fine and the service was fine, but I sat at the bar. This last time the service was again horrible and the food was too salty, not hot and again quite mediocre. The inconsistency, and the terrible service mean I think I'm gonna have to pass on coming here again.
- An enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014I love going to Rosebud as I always am happy with anything I order. They have great bloody Mary's and excellent grits (my favorite breakfast food). It is impressive to me that a restaurant that at a restaurant that has been open for this long, the chef/owner is still usually in the restaurant every time I eat here! Most would have moved on to expand the empire.Special Features:
- Special OccasionMaisieDined on 8/2/2014We reserved a table for three. We were seated immediately which was nice. Our waitress showed up very soon after we were seated and took good care of us. The quality of the food was good. It was for Dinner on a Saturday night. It was a bit noisy. I had to talk loudly, to be heard. Two of us sat on chairs. One of us on the other side of the table had a booth-like cushy seat. I would advise the owners to purchase some cushy chairs so that everyone has the same level of comfort. I would still recommend the food and the service...Good Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxinglambDined on 8/2/2014Nothing better than interesting, delicious combinations of food, outdoor dining, and a spicy Bloody Mary on a lazy Saturday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect southern menu!Brian9672VIPDined on 8/2/2014By all means, get the Nasty Mcalister. And ask for the story!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchFoodfinderVIPDined on 8/2/2014Looking for an interesting and delicious brunch spot? This is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice if you live nearbyPxljunkeDined on 8/1/2014I chose Rosebud for an anniversary dinner based on outstanding reviews and drive to the other side of Atlanta for the meal. While some of the dishes were very good (Brussel sprouts, Rosebud burger) others were surprisingly flavorless (fried oysters, eggplant). I had ordered several desserts for the table to come at the end of the meal as a surprise. When the server brought dessert silverware after clearing the meal, so much for the surprise. Then we waited 20 minutes for desserts two of which weren't good (praline carrot cake and a bread pudding that had great flavor but was stale and hard). No one felt the meal was bad, just that some dishes and the service in general were average. Also out of too many things for a Friday night.
- Delicious birthday celebrationHSVlocalDined on 8/1/2014I have been here several times for brunch and loved it; it was great to discover that their dinner experience is equally good. Rosebud has a nice variety with interesting ingredients for even basic recipes. Portion sizes were perfect for us (two women celebrating a 48th birthday). The restaurant was also very accommodating as traffic made us miss our 7 PM reservation.Special Features:
- RosebudMikeVIPDined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner at Rosebud. Finding a parking spot was challenging in the neighborhood. The food was very good and service too. The wine was ok, and according to the waitress had not been stored with the bottle on its side.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANTTENNESSEECUSTOMERDined on 7/29/2014WE ENJOYED OUR DINNER AND THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING. THE SALMON WAS DELICIOUS AND MY HUSBAND TRULY ENJOYED THE PORK CHOP. FOR DESERT WE HAD THE BLUEBERRY COBBLE WHICH WAS VERY GOOD BUT THE BREAD PUDDING WAS LACKING. WE HOPE TO RETURN SOON.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated 30 min after reservation!annfan76Dined on 7/27/2014Restaurant was crazy busy on a Sunday at 1pm - thank goodness we had reservations! Or so we thought....We didn't get seated until 30 minutes after our reservation time. Not sure what the point is in having reservations. Restaurant was a little on the warm side, and seemed to have fans running. Server was nice, but a little slow. Didn't come take our drink order until 10 minutes after we sat down - and this was on top of already being 30 minutes after our reservation time! A little frustrating to say the least. But once our food was ordered, it came relatively quickly and was pretty good (maybe because we were starving by this time?!). Atmosphere is good; a little loud, but we enjoyed ourselves. House made pimento cheese was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch with visiting familyBowhitesidesDined on 7/27/2014I took my siblings who were visiting Atlanta this past weekend for brunch and it was great. We made a reservation so were seated immediately (reservations are highly recommended on weekends for brunch!) and the service was attentive the whole meal. The nasty Mcallister was delicious and the grits are some of the best I've had in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.