1397 North Highland Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4043479747x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday: 10:00am - 3:30pm; Saturday: 9:00am - 3:30pm; Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Monday- Friday our bar opens at 4pm for drinks before dinner.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30 - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm & Sunday: 5:30pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Ron Eyester
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rosebud is pleased to offer many private dining options to our patrons. These options include the rental of the private dining rooms located within the restaurant, or the buyout of the entire restaurant for large private events. Our private wine room can seat up to 12 guests and our semi-private dining room can seat up to 36 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Wall 770-503-6063x
A word from Rosebud
Rosebud is a neighborhood spot; a place for local folks. A comfortable atmosphere, friendly faces and good music. Our menu focuses on classic American cooking with a touch of Southern inspiration and a lot of local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Rosebud - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
Rosebud reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (133)great for brunch (131)fit for foodies (96)good for groups (49)special occasion (46)great for lunch (43)great for outdoor dining (39)hot spot (28)romantic (25)kid-friendly (22)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (11)late-night find (6)Show More
- Cold FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014I usually love Rosebud...however, last visit the food was cold, maybe the popularity has gotten to the quality. The potatoes were cold and eggs were cold....hope they get back to the original quality.Special Features:
- An enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014I love going to Rosebud as I always am happy with anything I order. They have great bloody Mary's and excellent grits (my favorite breakfast food). It is impressive to me that a restaurant that at a restaurant that has been open for this long, the chef/owner is still usually in the restaurant every time I eat here! Most would have moved on to expand the empire.Special Features:
- Special OccasionMaisieDined on 8/2/2014We reserved a table for three. We were seated immediately which was nice. Our waitress showed up very soon after we were seated and took good care of us. The quality of the food was good. It was for Dinner on a Saturday night. It was a bit noisy. I had to talk loudly, to be heard. Two of us sat on chairs. One of us on the other side of the table had a booth-like cushy seat. I would advise the owners to purchase some cushy chairs so that everyone has the same level of comfort. I would still recommend the food and the service...Good Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxinglambDined on 8/2/2014Nothing better than interesting, delicious combinations of food, outdoor dining, and a spicy Bloody Mary on a lazy Saturday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect southern menu!Brian9672VIPDined on 8/2/2014By all means, get the Nasty Mcalister. And ask for the story!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchFoodfinderDined on 8/2/2014Looking for an interesting and delicious brunch spot? This is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice if you live nearbyPxljunkeDined on 8/1/2014I chose Rosebud for an anniversary dinner based on outstanding reviews and drive to the other side of Atlanta for the meal. While some of the dishes were very good (Brussel sprouts, Rosebud burger) others were surprisingly flavorless (fried oysters, eggplant). I had ordered several desserts for the table to come at the end of the meal as a surprise. When the server brought dessert silverware after clearing the meal, so much for the surprise. Then we waited 20 minutes for desserts two of which weren't good (praline carrot cake and a bread pudding that had great flavor but was stale and hard). No one felt the meal was bad, just that some dishes and the service in general were average. Also out of too many things for a Friday night.
- Delicious birthday celebrationHSVlocalDined on 8/1/2014I have been here several times for brunch and loved it; it was great to discover that their dinner experience is equally good. Rosebud has a nice variety with interesting ingredients for even basic recipes. Portion sizes were perfect for us (two women celebrating a 48th birthday). The restaurant was also very accommodating as traffic made us miss our 7 PM reservation.Special Features:
- RosebudMikeVIPDined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner at Rosebud. Finding a parking spot was challenging in the neighborhood. The food was very good and service too. The wine was ok, and according to the waitress had not been stored with the bottle on its side.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANTTENNESSEECUSTOMERDined on 7/29/2014WE ENJOYED OUR DINNER AND THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING. THE SALMON WAS DELICIOUS AND MY HUSBAND TRULY ENJOYED THE PORK CHOP. FOR DESERT WE HAD THE BLUEBERRY COBBLE WHICH WAS VERY GOOD BUT THE BREAD PUDDING WAS LACKING. WE HOPE TO RETURN SOON.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated 30 min after reservation!annfan76Dined on 7/27/2014Restaurant was crazy busy on a Sunday at 1pm - thank goodness we had reservations! Or so we thought....We didn't get seated until 30 minutes after our reservation time. Not sure what the point is in having reservations. Restaurant was a little on the warm side, and seemed to have fans running. Server was nice, but a little slow. Didn't come take our drink order until 10 minutes after we sat down - and this was on top of already being 30 minutes after our reservation time! A little frustrating to say the least. But once our food was ordered, it came relatively quickly and was pretty good (maybe because we were starving by this time?!). Atmosphere is good; a little loud, but we enjoyed ourselves. House made pimento cheese was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch with visiting familyBowhitesidesDined on 7/27/2014I took my siblings who were visiting Atlanta this past weekend for brunch and it was great. We made a reservation so were seated immediately (reservations are highly recommended on weekends for brunch!) and the service was attentive the whole meal. The nasty Mcallister was delicious and the grits are some of the best I've had in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 starOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014The waitstaff were friendly and efficient. I ordered the Summer veggie platter. The beets tasted like they were from a can, the heirloom tomatoes were tasteless, however, the succatash was very good. At $14 a plate - it was overpriced and under delivered. I also ordered a Moscow Mule - I could not taste the lime juice and it was served in a glass rather than a copper mug- very mediocre.
- Great food but horrible serviceemitch22Dined on 7/26/2014This was our second time at the Rosebud for brunch and it was a completely different experience from the first visit. We had reservations for 12:45 and arrived 5 minutes early but we were not sat until 1:15. I don't really see the point in a reservation if we are still going to have to wait 30 minutes to get seated. Once we were sat no one came to our table to even greet us or take our drink order for about 15-20 minutes after we sat then once we did order food and drinks and took forever for our food and drinks to come out and the food was lukewarm by the time it got to us because it had been sitting for a while in the back. Overall I was very disappointed with our experience to the Rosebud. I expect much more from here.
- DeliciousNOLAgastronautDined on 7/26/2014Brunch was outstanding! Reservations in advance, arrived on time, sat immediately. Four of us, all from Louisiana. Shrimp and grits were very good, up there with the best I've ever had. The stuffed pancake was also delicious, and the Royale breakfast sandwich and egg & grits bowl looked tasty. Portions and prices were satisfying. Attentive service. Great mimosas, too. Will certainly eat here again, as the rest of the menu looks very enticing!Special Features:
- Good Southern FoodShoeslosceDined on 7/19/2014This isn't your typical southern brunch, the combination of contemporary and tradiational create an explosion of flavors in your mouth! There are no special orders here, you have to have it as it's listed on the menu. You can't order to go either. I love the speical drinks and would return again.Special Features:
- Delicious!atlfoodandfunVIPDined on 7/11/2014Entertained some friends who just moved to the area at Rosebud this weekend and really enjoyed it. It was a great way to show out of town folks the types of wonderful dining options available here in Atlanta, and we were able to head across the street tot he Family Dog for some fun after-dinner cocktails as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Rosebud. We had never heard of it before until we received a gift card from a friend. The atmosphere was nice. The wait time for our order was good. The food was very good. The waitress was not very personable until the end of the meal. Tip? I don't think she smiled once. Other than that, it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Great food and service. Really enjoyed the evening, as always Ron and staff do a great job.Special Features:
- yum!PriyaDined on 7/5/2014this was my first time here. the food was great - i would definitely recommend it! however, just be prepared that they run out of things on the menu (probably because everything is local - i think). espresso machine was also broken so i couldn't get a cappuccino. otherwise, it was great!Special Features:
- Food is fab!DinnerDined on 7/4/2014Ron Eyester knows his business and it shows (and tastes). The grits with goat cheese, the chicken sandwich, salmon, stuffed pancakes, biscuits were all amazing! The only problem with going is that now other restaurants really pale in comparison...Special Features:
- Rosebud ReviewAliMacDined on 7/4/2014Rosebud is one of our neighborhood favorites! I love dining here. This experience was unique because our service wasn't that great (I think our waiter was just a little overloaded by the brunch crowd), but the food makes up for it! Especially the drinks. I will always be back to visit.Special Features:
- Great for brunchDiva16Dined on 7/4/2014This place is amazing for brunch! I am definitely going back to try their lunch and dinner options. You must try the Fried Grits and if you love oysters there is a great Fried Oyster and Grits brunch option. Love that they have Friday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, mediocre service at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014We went to rosebud with a group of 5 for brunch on the 4th. While the food and drinks were great, the service was bad. I have no idea why they take reservations and say they listen to patio requests if they won't do it. When we arrived, the inside of the restaurant was empty and the patio was full. So if you want to sit outside don't even bother making a reservation. They told us it would be an hour wait and basically forced us to sit inside. We went there to enjoy the outdoors for brunch- what a waste. Then our server was completely uninterested in us and gave us attitude the entire visit. It seemed the head chef knew she was terrible bc he kept trying to check in on us. The chef and the food were the saving grace. Bad hostess, bad server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Bad service.AtlYumsDined on 7/4/2014I have gone to Rosebud three times. Each time the food was wonderful and each time the service was horrendous. I have had the gambit from a rude passive aggressive waitress to a waiter that basically disappeared after delivering our coffee.
- Excellent BrunchElizabethAnneDined on 6/28/2014Brunch was outstanding. Definitely recommend the Orange Stillman cocktail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun and deliciousFoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014Rosebuds is a neighborhood restaurant that has a nice menu with many choices and is reasonably priced. Staff is friendly and efficient. Good wine selection by the glass. Casual dress and suggest reservations on weekends. Nice bar if you prefer to sit there for dinner. Portions are generous and quality is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only 3?diskDined on 6/27/2014You can always count on a great meal at Rosebud! Our only complaint was that when my meal arrived, there were only 3 scallops on the dinner plate. They were delicious, medium/large and surrounded by a sophisticated nutty brussel spout-mash. But I was still hungry.Special Features:
- great food, ok serviceatljrooDined on 6/27/2014Came here for the first time for my birthday dinner. It was less crowded than expected for a Friday night. We were going out to a bar afterwards for drinks so didn't order any here; after we declined the wine menu our waitress ignored us for a good ten minutes! But she seemed to warm up after we (finally) ordered dinner and an appetizer. Would come back again for the food, but Yelp reviews were pretty accurate in that service is mixedSpecial Features:
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 6/25/2014food always good. kitchen should pay attention to doneness of meat as requested by patron! strip steak ordered medium came out med well. burger ordered medium and came out extra well done! mark of an excellent chef is getting temp right! too hungry to send back on a table for four as we wouldn't have eaten together. getting this wrong spoils everyone's meal! that said, we love rosebud and will simply caution wait staff in the future to ask chef to "get it right"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unsatisfactory foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014When we walked in, the noise level was off the charts. We asked for a distant table and received one but the noise was still too loud. Service was good except a substitution was made on one of our plates and we were not informed ahead of time. The substitution was unacceptable. On this same plate, the fried chicken was tough. When we asked for bread we were informed that they were ou, so they gave us sliced bread. Wine wuss good. Salmon was good.Special Features:
- DisappointedyummyDined on 6/22/2014The whole experience was really disappointing. The hostess forgot about us and seated at least 2 other tables in front of us. The service wasn't great either. The waitress forgot our appetizer, service was extremely slow and the food was ok. At the end of brunch the waitress didn't even ask us if we wanted coffee or dessert and just placed the check down. I won't be back there anytime soon which is sad seen as I have had great experiences in the past at RosebudSpecial Features:
- Rosebud always a great choice!StephanieDined on 6/22/2014I enjoyed my meal at Rosebud. The food was tasty and the service was excellent. I have gone a few times and it never disappoints. My only complaint was the ambience. A bit noisy for brunch, and we were seated in the center of the room at a 2 person table. Slightly harder to hear with all the noise level around us. I have sat in the booths off to the side (with a larger party) before and that's much better.Special Features:
- My new favorite brunch spot!salsaqueenVIPDined on 6/22/2014Everything was wonderful, from the décor to the food to the service. And such a nice mix of people and age groups. It felt like a really nice Sunday, the way they used to be when family and friends gathered as a weekly event. Thanks Rosebud!Special Features:
- Pretty good brunchJMDGDined on 6/22/2014We went early for a Sunday brunch (9:30am). I like to judge a brunch place by their benedicts, except that they do not offer a traditional benny. This surprised me. I order the Disco Biscuit instead, basically a benedict though they don't call it that. It was ok. The pepper jelly was overly flavored with vinegar which unfortunately overtook the dish. My mother-in-law had a very nice egg dish, though the name escapes me. My wife had the pancake, and it was slightly burnt. We should have sent it back. One last thing, my wife is a nursing mom, so she switched from regular to decaf coffee and our waiter charged us for an extra cup w/o telling us. OpenTable misses the most important question: Will you return? For us, the answer is "Probably not"
- Large partiesMykePiazzaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Twice large parties have made the experience miserable. This time they were able to move us, and another party otherwise we would have hated the experience. The food was not as good as the last few times 3 out of the five of us noted.Special Features:
- Great spot in the highlandsDecaturkidDined on 6/21/2014We really enjoy coming to Rosebud. The food is pretty good, not overly complicated and great value for a nice place. The wine and cocktail list is nice and they have a very fair corkage program. Service is friendly and a perfect complement to the styling of the restaurant. Tip - The front room is less noisy than the back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014We have been here at least 6 times before and have always enjoyed the food and service. After this last visit we probably will not return. We were seated promptly and started with the mussels which we both agreed were tasteless except for a slightly fishy taste. She had the scallops while I had the Ahi Tuna with the squash puree. Here again we both felt that the food lacked taste. A glass of wine ordered during the main course did not arrive until we were done eating. When asked the waiter said that the bar was backed up.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Always a great meal every time I go. And If you're there for brunch, can't go without the Stillman :-)Special Features:
- atlanta loves bruncheleatsDined on 6/21/2014Atlantans line up out the door for weekend brunch menu, & Rosebud doesn't disappoint. Plus the fact they take reservations is reason alone to try them out! My friend and I each had a delicious full of flavor omelet. I was interested in a few other items on the menu, but ran into some roadblocks when I was told they never switch out the way they prepare their eggs in any of their dishes (I wanted scrambled instead of poached). We were also taken aback that our server chose to not make any recommendations on the menu (her own, or fan favorites) and basically told us that everyone loves everything and she could spend 20 minutes going over the menu. Bottom line, service could have been a bit warmer, but the spot is worth checking out.Special Features: