Rosebud Theater District
70 W Madison
Chicago, IL 60602Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rosebud Theater District
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3123329500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Rosebud Express is Open Monday - Friday 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mauricio Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by Rosebud's renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by Rosebud's off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Private Party Facilities: Situated in the heart of Chicago’s finest downtown entertainment venues, Rosebud Theater District will satisfy your every dining need with superior service, a first class wine list and generous portions of authentic Italian cuisine including a variety of appetizing lunch and dinner specialties.
- Private Party Contact: George Papadakis 312-332-9500x
- Cross Street: Dearborn Street
- Public Transit: Blue Line - Washington and Dearborn, Red Line - State and Washington, Orange, Purple, Pink, and Brown Lines -
Washington and Wells, Green Line - Madison and Wabash
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is limited. Valet service is available during evenings only and is located at 1 South Dearborn Street.
A word from Rosebud Theater District
Situated in the heart of Chicago's downtown entertainment venues, businesses, and outdoor parks, customers have continuously selected Rosebud Theater District as the ultimate lunch spot and pre-theatre dining destination. Join Rosebud for lunch or dinner to enjoy a delicious piece of grilled tuna over crisp greens or a delightful chopped salad with chicken and shrimp. For the hungrier appetite, indulge in an award-winning homemade pasta like the famed pappardelle in a rich tomato basil sauce, sausage and peppers, tender veal entrees or Rosebud's renowned chicken vesuvio. Charming and fast paced by day, elegant and relaxing by night. Celebrate a special occasion or escape for a quick bite with colleagues at lunch time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Theater District reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (58)good for groups (54)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (19)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Good Loop LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014The food was fresh and good, the service attentive and the atmosphere appropriate for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice happy hour, good dinnerdc4916Dined on 8/20/2014Went with a group for work. The happy hour bar special was nice. The polenta balls were good. For dinner, we really liked classic Italian standards like the chicken parm, linguine with clams, and the veal marsala. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyDined on 8/14/2014We had a nice lunch and it was fast for 7 people. The place can get very crowded so make sure you do a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!AnaVDined on 8/13/2014The service and food was outstanding! Our waiter was friendly and our drinks were always refreshed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels with muscles!MadformollusksDined on 8/9/2014I've had great mussels in Paris, magnificent mussels in Venice, and amazing mussels in Philadelphia (Georgios on Pine) but the steamed mussels in garlic tomato white wine sauce at Rosebud Theatre District were as good or better than any where in the world! The linguini with clams was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater mealPRDJRDined on 8/8/2014It was great for pre theater meal. They were quick and thorough. The food and server were great. Everything was served fast and hot and we had to plenty of time to make our show.Special Features:
- After theater dinnerOutoftownerDined on 8/8/2014Excellent, professional and friendly service. Staff appeared to be very happy to have us at the restaurant. Good food, served in a timely fashion.Special Features:
- GreatChrisDined on 8/7/2014Fast service and great food before the Goodman! Nice, intimate atmosphere if you sit inside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Two facesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014When we first arrived, the restaurant wasn't totally full, but the noise was incredible. If we had known where else to go, we probably would have left. Happily, many of the diners seemed to have show tickets and left by the time our entrees arrived. After that, dinner was wonderful! We enjoyed the wait staff and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceSammyVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were a party of six with theatre tickets for Motown and arriving late to the restaurant because of traffic. We explained this situation to our waiter and he immediately went into action to assure us that time would not be a problem and that we will be able to enjoy our meal without being rushed ... and he did exactly that. He took our order, the drinks and food came exactly as ordered without a hitch, we all enjoyed our meals anxiety-free, and we made it to the theatre on time. So thank you Rosebud Theatre District for making that extra effort. It was all appreciated with a well-deserved extra tip to the waiter.
- Delightful discovery!LocalDinerDined on 7/22/2014We were looking for a nice place to have dinner before the theater and found Rosebud on Open Table. It was close to the theater and we were able to make a reservation only a few hours before we needed to be there. Our waiter was very solicitous and inquired if we had a curtain time to be aware of. Our diner was delicious - whitefish and pasta carbonara, with a bruschetta appetizer and cannoli dessert. The service was attentive without being either overly solicitous, and the ambience was warm and cozy, in spite of being set inside a large lobby and having many tables. It was one of the few places I have been where the music wasn't so loud that I couldn't have a regular conversation across the table. I hope to return soon!Special Features:
- RuthRuthDined on 7/22/2014Great food, great service! Would go back! Want to try other Rosebud restaurants!Special Features:
- ExcellentDT333Dined on 7/19/2014Great experience. Excellent food and service. Went to dinner before the 8p show waiter and staff very attentive to ensure we were done ontime. Open table the best to make reservations. Would recommend to everyone. Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner/Theater ComboRum4DesertDined on 7/19/2014The best place in the loop to dine before a play if your looking for great food, reasonable prices, great service, and perfect location. You can even have a conversation at a table for 6 without having to shout. Portions large so don't be afraid to share.Special Features:
- Service was slowChidinerDined on 7/19/2014We were seated promptly. There were many empty tables when we arrived. But our waiter had quite a few tables that were seated around the same time. he asked about theatre tickets when we first arrived, and he did keep us informed. But our order didn't get taken until we had been there 30 minutes. We had allowed enough time so we. Still made our show. The pastas were good, a rigatoni alba vodka and a pappardelle dish. But the chicken Vesuvio was a drastically different dish than MIT kids at other restaurants , including Roosebud on Taylor. It was two breasts that appeared to be swimming in a broth, covered with a green herb of some type. The potatoes seemed to be fried and were soggy from the broth. Not our. Best experience here.Special Features:
- Great Dinner Post-Theaterehp23Dined on 7/19/2014We had a fabulous time at Rosebud in the Theater District after seeing a play. Not only in the location convenient, but the food and service is amazing. The servers are incredibly attentive, great with recommendations, and the food was outstanding. It's a great place for a pre- or post- theater dinner. I highly recommend the homemade pasta and the tomato vodka sauce is incredible! We ordered stuffed mushrooms, lobster ravioli, the cavatelli, and shrimp francesca - all amazing! The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. All around a great place!Special Features:
- Very good overallHankster42Dined on 7/19/2014Service and food was excellent. The staff worked as a team to make the dining experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater TreatJoeKenilworthVIPDined on 7/16/2014We were looking for a good spot for dinner before the theater. As we were taking our teenage grandchildren, we wanted something that would work for the young and fussy while still providing a good adult experience. Rosebud Theater District fit the bill perfectly. The Italian cuisine had much to offer the undeveloped teen tastes, but excellent selection for everyone. My wife and I had the Veal Marsala; the kids had ravioli, one meat and one cheese. I could tell that they liked the ravioli as they cleaned their plate (a rare occurrence). The Marsala was well prepared and tasty. Service was perfect in every way, particularly sensitive to our family's needs.Special Features:
- Never a bad experienceVixterDined on 7/16/2014I meet friends for lunch regularly here. I have never had a bad experience. I try to introduce it to anyone that hasn't been there before. The food is delicious (try the stuffed mushrooms!), the waitstaff fun and attentive, and the ambience is wonderful. It can get really loud on the inside so we prefer to sit on the outside of the restaurant (which is also indoors). The managers often check to see if everything is to your satisfaction.Special Features:
- Great for lunch or romantic dinnerTonyHDined on 7/16/2014Rosebud TD is one of my favorite spots for business lunches because of the great service and large menu. Whether your guests love hearty meaty past dishes or are die-hard vegetarians, the menu offers so many great choices, you will be a perfect host. My wife and I love to stop before a trip to the theatre for an early dinner or dessert after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunch in the loopGalwayGirlDined on 7/15/2014I took my cousin here for her 21st birthday lunch. Vinny, our waiter, made sure she felt extra special - even treating her to a complimentary dessert. Great experience ... and leftovers for days.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner with my wife and was very pleased with the experience. The service was excellent and the ambience was great for a nice dinner with the wife. The restaurant was recommended to me by a friend and I would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Good spot for lunch. Sauce on the pasta is awfully heavy.Special Features:
- great place to go for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was our second time at this location and just like the first time we enjoyed it. The service was amazing and so was the food. We will definitely go there again and I would recommend it to othersSpecial Features:
- nice findmalcomDined on 7/12/2014We attended as a group for a college friends reunion. 14 of us at one long table. The staff handled us with ease and a can do attitude. The food was delicious and everyone left with little to complain about. Hard to do with a group this size. Last minute reservation as well. The previous restaurant messed up our reservation twice. Their loss. We won't be going back, but we will come back to Rosebud. Great Job guys!Special Features:
- pre-theater gemmoeaterDined on 7/12/2014Came in with a group of 10 before the theater. They called me early in the day and suggested we come 15 minutes earlier than our reservation to be secure with making it to the theater. They were spot-on. Service was excellent: friendly, accommodating, efficient, attentive. Everyone was enthusiastic about their food (some of us split pastas so as to not have any doggie bags/leftovers). Great spot, central/accessible to all the loop theaters.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014I must say this was a bad experience. The Rosebud has been my favorite restaurant for years. However, I've had the rotolo before and it was great. This was really lousy. No flavor at all. Did the restaurant change hands? Something is wrong.....please get back to the great food you've had for the past 40 years.
- HappyDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed our first visit. We wanted to be served quickly and they served the salad and dinner together, as requested. Very attentive service. Had plenty of time to make it to the theater. Seated us promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for theater goersBethDined on 7/10/2014We had an early reservation for dinner so we could attend a show at the nearby Chicago Theater. The waiter was very attuned to our times to ensure the orders were place to keep us on schedule but not to rush. We had mussels for appetiser - good. gnochi for main course -good, and dessert of chocolate cake with hazelnut gelato - good. What I would say is that if you are looking for a place that serves good food with service to meet the needs of the theater patrons, this is a great choice. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Delicious Food with a Special Touchjc71VIPDined on 7/9/2014Rosebud Theatre District shares much of the same delicious menu items as the others in the Rosbud family. What stands out here is the impeccable service provided. From the initial greeting until the departure, everyone at Rosebud seems totally focused on making the dining experience memorable. It is a simple yet elusive task in business to make people feel welcome and appreciated. RTD succeeds brilliantly in accomplishing this feat with genuine care and concern for its patrons. Truly spectacular dining experiences each and every time. Bravo!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service & AmbienceLunchsnobDined on 7/9/2014Extremely attentive staff. Perfect variety of menu selections. Portions generous but not too much. Food preparation and presentation great. Well done Rosebud! All around wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place; Great serviceMMChicagoDined on 7/3/2014Our group of 6 dined here before the theater. Part of the group arrived earlier and were thrilled with the Happy Hour buffet. Food was good, we sat in the atrium area which was almost like sitting outdoors but better -- no noise, car smells and temperature controlled! The food was very good (Chicken Marsala -- let's just load up on a pail of the perfectly cooked mushrooms!) and the service was INCREDIBLE. Really. Our server was fantastic but our table was greeted by -- well, everybody! It was a great evening, largely in part to our start at Rosebud. Thanks!Special Features:
- FancyDined on 7/2/2014Great for theater dining. Nice menu & service friendly when aware of curtain call.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedPJSINOPDined on 7/2/2014While we had an energetic waiter who was almost OVERLY attentive, they did a good job getting us out in time for the theatre. The food was average at best. Also wasn't expecting the restaurant to be off the lobby of a large office building, so it was odd and we didn't much care for it -- although they did do OK trying to make it feel more intimate. Our table also was in a traffic flow from the kitchen and that was unsettling. For the price, I wish we'd chosen somewhere different for both better food and better ambiance.
- Rosebud Theater District.foodieChgoDined on 7/2/2014Excellent food, Great Service, tables too close to have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/28/2014What a disappointment! Walking up to the restaurant, it looks like an office building. Upon being seated you will be rushed to order as the goal seems to be turning the tables - this is despite a 5:30 reservation and most shows don't start until 7:30 or 8:00. We finally succumbed to order an appetizer after the waitress came to the table for the 3rd time. We got the sausage and peppers - enough to feed the entire Chicago Bears football team and maybe Northwestern as well. When we got our entrees the Veal Francese was adequate, but the Chicken Parmesan was inedible - literally - no spice, cheese was hard and cold. The portion sizes were outrageous - one meal could serve four!! Unlike the Terminator, I won't be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014I'm glad I went to Rosebud's. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISpecial Features:
- Very enjoyable!TravelerNevadaDined on 6/24/2014Dinner was lovely. We both chose to go with the Eggplant Rotolo which was excellent! We tasted several wines before deciding on one. Our server seemed to be new and didn't have answers to some questions however, the Manager on Duty, George, stepped in to help her (and we noticed every other table in the rest) so we didn't ever feel ignored. There was another sr. staff member that regularly came by to check in with us and was the person who recommended & delivered the Teramisu (excellent!). Rest was extremely noisy while the bar was full but when it emptied things quieted down. Would definitely go back! Valet pkg @ Rosebud Prime, $20 for Theater, $14 for dinner, Prime held our leftovers in a refrigerator for p/u after show.Special Features:
- ServiceLwm45Dined on 6/24/2014Everything was great, except the entree was served before my wife was finished with her salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchLuvfoodDined on 6/24/2014Recently had a biz lunch and food/service were great! Have been to Rosebuds for group dinners in past and they were very good as well! Will be back . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.