Rosebud Theater District
70 W Madison
Chicago, IL 60602Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rosebud Theater District
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3123329500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Rosebud Express is Open Monday - Friday 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mauricio Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by Rosebud's renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by Rosebud's off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Private Party Facilities: Situated in the heart of Chicago’s finest downtown entertainment venues, Rosebud Theater District will satisfy your every dining need with superior service, a first class wine list and generous portions of authentic Italian cuisine including a variety of appetizing lunch and dinner specialties.
- Private Party Contact: George Papadakis 312-332-9500x
- Cross Street: Dearborn Street
- Public Transit: Blue Line - Washington and Dearborn, Red Line - State and Washington, Orange, Purple, Pink, and Brown Lines -
Washington and Wells, Green Line - Madison and Wabash
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is limited. Valet service is available during evenings only and is located at 1 South Dearborn Street.
A word from Rosebud Theater District
Situated in the heart of Chicago's downtown entertainment venues, businesses, and outdoor parks, customers have continuously selected Rosebud Theater District as the ultimate lunch spot and pre-theatre dining destination. Join Rosebud for lunch or dinner to enjoy a delicious piece of grilled tuna over crisp greens or a delightful chopped salad with chicken and shrimp. For the hungrier appetite, indulge in an award-winning homemade pasta like the famed pappardelle in a rich tomato basil sauce, sausage and peppers, tender veal entrees or Rosebud's renowned chicken vesuvio. Charming and fast paced by day, elegant and relaxing by night. Celebrate a special occasion or escape for a quick bite with colleagues at lunch time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Theater District reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (51)good for groups (50)special occasion (32)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Rosebud DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The service was poor. Either they were short handed or they were crowded. We let the waiter know that we had a theater to get too. He said we should have enough time for it. He was polite, but we couldn't find him through out our meal, nor could we find him after our meal to pay the check and get going.
- blushingnovbridetobeDined on 10/17/2014We had tickets the Chicago Theater and the Rosebud theater district was a random find but I'm so glad we found this gem of a place! Our server was very attentive to our dining needs as well as our time. The service was stellar. Everything arrived quickly and timely. I had the special- Eggplant Rotolo and it was exquisite. Very well prepared and very filling. We will definitely come back to this spot the next time we're in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine central loop location at lunchkrisDined on 10/17/2014Good specials each day - have never had anything other than salads and pastas, but have never had any issues with anything on the menu not being tasty and as describedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed123Dined on 10/11/2014This was not the typical Rosebud experience. Upon arrival we were placed in a makeshift seating section (marathon weekend) in the pavilion of the bank despite there being plenty of room in the dining area and our reservation being later in the evening. Upon being seated our waiter initially told us there was no cocktail list, then bringing one with our first glass of wine. After ordering, we never saw our waiter again and never had a chance to order drinks, despite nemerous requests to the bussers. The food was good, but eating in a bank floor really ruined everything for my guests from out of town. I have always been one to recommend these restauraunt a, but this was very disappointing.
- DeliciousDallasRunnerDined on 10/11/2014i was in Chicago for the marathon and dinner at Rosebud Theater District was my prerace carb loading meal. I ordered the ravioli and it was fantastic. The sauce was delicious. The atmosphere was energetic but not too loud as I thought it would be after reading other reviews. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I like the Rosebud restaurants and use to like this one. However, on my recent visit the portions were very small, the food fair and the prices too high for what we all were served.
- Great place if you know it's there!PickeyDined on 10/10/2014Although hidden away in the lobby level of the building, I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. I had the Chicken Malinese which was moist and Succulent, a good sized portion however, lacking in seasonings compared to other places I've had this dish. My friend had the Linguine and Red Clam sauce which I will most assuredly order the next time I visit. Great portion size, very nicely presented and the flavor was unbelievable! Wait staff / service was spot on without being overbearing. I will be back with family and friends. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come to Eat not to Talkchigirl13Dined on 10/2/2014Really good food choices, nice service but the noise level is very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We've visited this restaurant many times and again, we were not disappointed. The service is awesome, the food is awesome (highly recommend the Salmon!) and price is equal to quality and portion size. You will not go home hungry. The drink prices are quite pricey ( $12 for a Martini and also for a Cosmopolitan) and were nothing special. Don't leave without dessert...the tiramisu is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Loop LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014The food was fresh and good, the service attentive and the atmosphere appropriate for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice happy hour, good dinnerdc4916Dined on 8/20/2014Went with a group for work. The happy hour bar special was nice. The polenta balls were good. For dinner, we really liked classic Italian standards like the chicken parm, linguine with clams, and the veal marsala. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyDined on 8/14/2014We had a nice lunch and it was fast for 7 people. The place can get very crowded so make sure you do a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!AnaVDined on 8/13/2014The service and food was outstanding! Our waiter was friendly and our drinks were always refreshed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels with muscles!MadformollusksDined on 8/9/2014I've had great mussels in Paris, magnificent mussels in Venice, and amazing mussels in Philadelphia (Georgios on Pine) but the steamed mussels in garlic tomato white wine sauce at Rosebud Theatre District were as good or better than any where in the world! The linguini with clams was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater mealPRDJRDined on 8/8/2014It was great for pre theater meal. They were quick and thorough. The food and server were great. Everything was served fast and hot and we had to plenty of time to make our show.Special Features:
- After theater dinnerOutoftownerDined on 8/8/2014Excellent, professional and friendly service. Staff appeared to be very happy to have us at the restaurant. Good food, served in a timely fashion.Special Features:
- GreatChrisDined on 8/7/2014Fast service and great food before the Goodman! Nice, intimate atmosphere if you sit inside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Two facesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014When we first arrived, the restaurant wasn't totally full, but the noise was incredible. If we had known where else to go, we probably would have left. Happily, many of the diners seemed to have show tickets and left by the time our entrees arrived. After that, dinner was wonderful! We enjoyed the wait staff and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceSammyVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were a party of six with theatre tickets for Motown and arriving late to the restaurant because of traffic. We explained this situation to our waiter and he immediately went into action to assure us that time would not be a problem and that we will be able to enjoy our meal without being rushed ... and he did exactly that. He took our order, the drinks and food came exactly as ordered without a hitch, we all enjoyed our meals anxiety-free, and we made it to the theatre on time. So thank you Rosebud Theatre District for making that extra effort. It was all appreciated with a well-deserved extra tip to the waiter.
- Delightful discovery!LocalDinerDined on 7/22/2014We were looking for a nice place to have dinner before the theater and found Rosebud on Open Table. It was close to the theater and we were able to make a reservation only a few hours before we needed to be there. Our waiter was very solicitous and inquired if we had a curtain time to be aware of. Our diner was delicious - whitefish and pasta carbonara, with a bruschetta appetizer and cannoli dessert. The service was attentive without being either overly solicitous, and the ambience was warm and cozy, in spite of being set inside a large lobby and having many tables. It was one of the few places I have been where the music wasn't so loud that I couldn't have a regular conversation across the table. I hope to return soon!Special Features:
- RuthRuthDined on 7/22/2014Great food, great service! Would go back! Want to try other Rosebud restaurants!Special Features:
- ExcellentDT333Dined on 7/19/2014Great experience. Excellent food and service. Went to dinner before the 8p show waiter and staff very attentive to ensure we were done ontime. Open table the best to make reservations. Would recommend to everyone. Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner/Theater ComboRum4DesertDined on 7/19/2014The best place in the loop to dine before a play if your looking for great food, reasonable prices, great service, and perfect location. You can even have a conversation at a table for 6 without having to shout. Portions large so don't be afraid to share.Special Features:
- Service was slowChidinerDined on 7/19/2014We were seated promptly. There were many empty tables when we arrived. But our waiter had quite a few tables that were seated around the same time. he asked about theatre tickets when we first arrived, and he did keep us informed. But our order didn't get taken until we had been there 30 minutes. We had allowed enough time so we. Still made our show. The pastas were good, a rigatoni alba vodka and a pappardelle dish. But the chicken Vesuvio was a drastically different dish than MIT kids at other restaurants , including Roosebud on Taylor. It was two breasts that appeared to be swimming in a broth, covered with a green herb of some type. The potatoes seemed to be fried and were soggy from the broth. Not our. Best experience here.Special Features:
- Great Dinner Post-Theaterehp23Dined on 7/19/2014We had a fabulous time at Rosebud in the Theater District after seeing a play. Not only in the location convenient, but the food and service is amazing. The servers are incredibly attentive, great with recommendations, and the food was outstanding. It's a great place for a pre- or post- theater dinner. I highly recommend the homemade pasta and the tomato vodka sauce is incredible! We ordered stuffed mushrooms, lobster ravioli, the cavatelli, and shrimp francesca - all amazing! The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. All around a great place!Special Features:
- Very good overallHankster42Dined on 7/19/2014Service and food was excellent. The staff worked as a team to make the dining experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater TreatJoeKenilworthVIPDined on 7/16/2014We were looking for a good spot for dinner before the theater. As we were taking our teenage grandchildren, we wanted something that would work for the young and fussy while still providing a good adult experience. Rosebud Theater District fit the bill perfectly. The Italian cuisine had much to offer the undeveloped teen tastes, but excellent selection for everyone. My wife and I had the Veal Marsala; the kids had ravioli, one meat and one cheese. I could tell that they liked the ravioli as they cleaned their plate (a rare occurrence). The Marsala was well prepared and tasty. Service was perfect in every way, particularly sensitive to our family's needs.Special Features:
- Never a bad experienceVixterDined on 7/16/2014I meet friends for lunch regularly here. I have never had a bad experience. I try to introduce it to anyone that hasn't been there before. The food is delicious (try the stuffed mushrooms!), the waitstaff fun and attentive, and the ambience is wonderful. It can get really loud on the inside so we prefer to sit on the outside of the restaurant (which is also indoors). The managers often check to see if everything is to your satisfaction.Special Features:
- Great for lunch or romantic dinnerTonyHDined on 7/16/2014Rosebud TD is one of my favorite spots for business lunches because of the great service and large menu. Whether your guests love hearty meaty past dishes or are die-hard vegetarians, the menu offers so many great choices, you will be a perfect host. My wife and I love to stop before a trip to the theatre for an early dinner or dessert after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunch in the loopGalwayGirlDined on 7/15/2014I took my cousin here for her 21st birthday lunch. Vinny, our waiter, made sure she felt extra special - even treating her to a complimentary dessert. Great experience ... and leftovers for days.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner with my wife and was very pleased with the experience. The service was excellent and the ambience was great for a nice dinner with the wife. The restaurant was recommended to me by a friend and I would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Good spot for lunch. Sauce on the pasta is awfully heavy.Special Features:
- great place to go for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was our second time at this location and just like the first time we enjoyed it. The service was amazing and so was the food. We will definitely go there again and I would recommend it to othersSpecial Features:
- nice findmalcomVIPDined on 7/12/2014We attended as a group for a college friends reunion. 14 of us at one long table. The staff handled us with ease and a can do attitude. The food was delicious and everyone left with little to complain about. Hard to do with a group this size. Last minute reservation as well. The previous restaurant messed up our reservation twice. Their loss. We won't be going back, but we will come back to Rosebud. Great Job guys!Special Features:
- pre-theater gemmoeaterDined on 7/12/2014Came in with a group of 10 before the theater. They called me early in the day and suggested we come 15 minutes earlier than our reservation to be secure with making it to the theater. They were spot-on. Service was excellent: friendly, accommodating, efficient, attentive. Everyone was enthusiastic about their food (some of us split pastas so as to not have any doggie bags/leftovers). Great spot, central/accessible to all the loop theaters.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014I must say this was a bad experience. The Rosebud has been my favorite restaurant for years. However, I've had the rotolo before and it was great. This was really lousy. No flavor at all. Did the restaurant change hands? Something is wrong.....please get back to the great food you've had for the past 40 years.
- HappyDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed our first visit. We wanted to be served quickly and they served the salad and dinner together, as requested. Very attentive service. Had plenty of time to make it to the theater. Seated us promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for theater goersBethDined on 7/10/2014We had an early reservation for dinner so we could attend a show at the nearby Chicago Theater. The waiter was very attuned to our times to ensure the orders were place to keep us on schedule but not to rush. We had mussels for appetiser - good. gnochi for main course -good, and dessert of chocolate cake with hazelnut gelato - good. What I would say is that if you are looking for a place that serves good food with service to meet the needs of the theater patrons, this is a great choice. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Delicious Food with a Special Touchjc71VIPDined on 7/9/2014Rosebud Theatre District shares much of the same delicious menu items as the others in the Rosbud family. What stands out here is the impeccable service provided. From the initial greeting until the departure, everyone at Rosebud seems totally focused on making the dining experience memorable. It is a simple yet elusive task in business to make people feel welcome and appreciated. RTD succeeds brilliantly in accomplishing this feat with genuine care and concern for its patrons. Truly spectacular dining experiences each and every time. Bravo!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service & AmbienceLunchsnobDined on 7/9/2014Extremely attentive staff. Perfect variety of menu selections. Portions generous but not too much. Food preparation and presentation great. Well done Rosebud! All around wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.