Rosebud Theater District
70 W Madison
Chicago, IL 60602Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rosebud Theater District
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (312) 332-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Rosebud Express is Open Monday - Friday 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mauricio Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by Rosebud's renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by Rosebud's off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Private Party Facilities: Situated in the heart of Chicago’s finest downtown entertainment venues, Rosebud Theater District will satisfy your every dining need with superior service, a first class wine list and generous portions of authentic Italian cuisine including a variety of appetizing lunch and dinner specialties.
- Private Party Contact: George Papadakis 312-332-9500x
- Cross Street: Dearborn Street
- Public Transit: Blue Line - Washington and Dearborn, Red Line - State and Washington, Orange, Purple, Pink, and Brown Lines -
Washington and Wells, Green Line - Madison and Wabash
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is limited. Valet service is available during evenings only and is located at 1 South Dearborn Street.
A word from Rosebud Theater District
Situated in the heart of Chicago's downtown entertainment venues, businesses, and outdoor parks, customers have continuously selected Rosebud Theater District as the ultimate lunch spot and pre-theatre dining destination. Join Rosebud for lunch or dinner to enjoy a delicious piece of grilled tuna over crisp greens or a delightful chopped salad with chicken and shrimp. For the hungrier appetite, indulge in an award-winning homemade pasta like the famed pappardelle in a rich tomato basil sauce, sausage and peppers, tender veal entrees or Rosebud's renowned chicken vesuvio. Charming and fast paced by day, elegant and relaxing by night. Celebrate a special occasion or escape for a quick bite with colleagues at lunch time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Theater District reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (45)good for groups (43)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (17)romantic (14)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent place for a celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Recently we gathered a group of friends at the Rosebud Theater District for a reunion/celebration. The staff was wonderful with a large group. The atmosphere is lively, but quiet. The food is fresh, clearly freshly made and delicious. The prices are competitive and the portion sizes are quite generous. I recommend it wholeheartedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunches and dinners!LuvfoodDined on 11/18/2014We have had group gatherings at Rosebuds a few times and they have always been very good! Their food and service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElusaVIPDined on 11/14/2014My veal was soaked in butter and the pasta was over cooked.
- Great spot for an upper scale lunch.TappasorausDined on 11/13/2014The food was great and and served quickly for lunch. The service was exceptional, the wait staff was very attentive. When our glasses of pop, water, or tea got about a quarter of the way down, they would be refilled. They don't have a big menu but big enough to please almost everyone. I would recommend this place if you're looking for a famcier restaurant for lunch (probably decent for dinners too).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT ITALIAN. NOT GOOD.YoursTrulyDined on 11/12/2014Dislike the vibe here; tense, and notably not remotely Italian...food was bland, eggplant was NOT cooked; it's a shame my waiter didn't notice that I piled all the raw eggplant on a side plate. It was his opportunity to check in and potentially make it right. Even the hovering "hostess" who seemed to be at our table between every sip of wine. definitely would never go back here; it might as well be an olive garden.
- Not recommended, unless for convenienceSonomarkoDined on 11/12/2014I have eaten at Rosebud many times and I have observed a decline in the food. My pasta was so salty and overcooked that it was almost uneatable. For the money, there are many superior restaurants in the loop - and while the original Little Italy location was true to Italian cuisine, the fare now has strayed so far, that I won't go back. The service was very good and that negates some of the food issues, but Rosebud needs to either prepare Italian food well, or drop it and go with straight continental choices.
- BernieVIPDined on 11/12/2014Excellent food that I would call "family Itilan. Best capelleni with arbiatta sauce in town. Always busy but friendly waiers and hosts
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My boyfriends steak was OK, but the 'Norwegian Salmon' I ordered turn out to be a farm raised salmon with a can of peas poured over the top. Very outdated, but had good service.
- Had a very nice dinner.02bigboyDined on 11/3/2014Everyone was very happy with the food. Service was great and very personable. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great before theaterWillyDined on 10/30/2014When we booked on OpenTable, I indicated we were attending a theater production that evening down the street. We were quickly seated and our waiter, Palulo, indicated that he knew we had theater tickets and that we would be sure to get us finished in plenty of time for the show. Some in party have major allergy problems. Paulo did everything perfectly. From the salad to the chocolate cake dessert, was great. Wonderful Italian food, great service and very modestly priced for downtown Chicago. I would highly recommend the restaurant. They also have a buffet at the bar that was filled to capacity.Special Features:
- AverageUofICPADined on 10/30/2014Not good, not bad. Price was reasonable. Food somewhat bland (salmon Salad).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantJoseDined on 10/29/2014Was greatly surprise with the quality and quantity of food served. Good service as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SaladsKalamazooGalVIPDined on 10/29/2014everyone in our group of 3 was concious of carbs, so we ordered 3 different entree salads, the Rosebud Lamb salad, the Rosebud Chopped Salad and the Seared Tuna salad. Each one was beautiful prepared and the meats were delicious seasoned and cooked. Although I was dying to teach the enticing crouton, I did not feel deprived without bread. I will definitely keep this as a top spot for a nice lunch in the loop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great experience!ShanhammDined on 10/24/2014My friends and I were in town for wedding dress shopping and I had been looking for places to go for dinner. I read the reviews and decided on this restaurant. We had such a great experience. The service was amazing and the food was to die for!!! I got the Tortellini Carbonara and it was the best Carbonara that I've ever had! I would definitely go back and tell my friends to go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater dining at it's bestneyegirlDined on 10/24/2014Great spot to get a meal with friends before going to the theater. We had tickets to Bank of America theater which was literally 2 blocks away. Food and service was great. Rather boisterous atmosphere. Something for everyone: pasta, seafood, steaks, salads, desserts, drinks. Make sure your group knows where to go as Rosebud prime their steakhouse is diagonal from this location and can be a bit confusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014This is a good central Loop location for business lunches, early dinners and group gatherings. It gets very loud when it is crowded, but the service is always quick and unobtrusive, prices are reasonable and the food is the same each time. It is good, not great. If you want a reliable place to entertain clients or guests, you will take no risks here. You will have the same experience each time you go, which in my view is a good thing.Special Features:
- Rosebud DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The service was poor. Either they were short handed or they were crowded. We let the waiter know that we had a theater to get too. He said we should have enough time for it. He was polite, but we couldn't find him through out our meal, nor could we find him after our meal to pay the check and get going.
- blushingnovbridetobeDined on 10/17/2014We had tickets the Chicago Theater and the Rosebud theater district was a random find but I'm so glad we found this gem of a place! Our server was very attentive to our dining needs as well as our time. The service was stellar. Everything arrived quickly and timely. I had the special- Eggplant Rotolo and it was exquisite. Very well prepared and very filling. We will definitely come back to this spot the next time we're in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine central loop location at lunchkrisDined on 10/17/2014Good specials each day - have never had anything other than salads and pastas, but have never had any issues with anything on the menu not being tasty and as describedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed123Dined on 10/11/2014This was not the typical Rosebud experience. Upon arrival we were placed in a makeshift seating section (marathon weekend) in the pavilion of the bank despite there being plenty of room in the dining area and our reservation being later in the evening. Upon being seated our waiter initially told us there was no cocktail list, then bringing one with our first glass of wine. After ordering, we never saw our waiter again and never had a chance to order drinks, despite nemerous requests to the bussers. The food was good, but eating in a bank floor really ruined everything for my guests from out of town. I have always been one to recommend these restauraunt a, but this was very disappointing.
- DeliciousDallasRunnerDined on 10/11/2014i was in Chicago for the marathon and dinner at Rosebud Theater District was my prerace carb loading meal. I ordered the ravioli and it was fantastic. The sauce was delicious. The atmosphere was energetic but not too loud as I thought it would be after reading other reviews. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I like the Rosebud restaurants and use to like this one. However, on my recent visit the portions were very small, the food fair and the prices too high for what we all were served.
- Great place if you know it's there!PickeyDined on 10/10/2014Although hidden away in the lobby level of the building, I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. I had the Chicken Malinese which was moist and Succulent, a good sized portion however, lacking in seasonings compared to other places I've had this dish. My friend had the Linguine and Red Clam sauce which I will most assuredly order the next time I visit. Great portion size, very nicely presented and the flavor was unbelievable! Wait staff / service was spot on without being overbearing. I will be back with family and friends. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come to Eat not to Talkchigirl13Dined on 10/2/2014Really good food choices, nice service but the noise level is very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We've visited this restaurant many times and again, we were not disappointed. The service is awesome, the food is awesome (highly recommend the Salmon!) and price is equal to quality and portion size. You will not go home hungry. The drink prices are quite pricey ( $12 for a Martini and also for a Cosmopolitan) and were nothing special. Don't leave without dessert...the tiramisu is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Loop LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014The food was fresh and good, the service attentive and the atmosphere appropriate for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice happy hour, good dinnerdc4916Dined on 8/20/2014Went with a group for work. The happy hour bar special was nice. The polenta balls were good. For dinner, we really liked classic Italian standards like the chicken parm, linguine with clams, and the veal marsala. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyDined on 8/14/2014We had a nice lunch and it was fast for 7 people. The place can get very crowded so make sure you do a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!AnaVDined on 8/13/2014The service and food was outstanding! Our waiter was friendly and our drinks were always refreshed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels with muscles!MadformollusksDined on 8/9/2014I've had great mussels in Paris, magnificent mussels in Venice, and amazing mussels in Philadelphia (Georgios on Pine) but the steamed mussels in garlic tomato white wine sauce at Rosebud Theatre District were as good or better than any where in the world! The linguini with clams was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater mealPRDJRDined on 8/8/2014It was great for pre theater meal. They were quick and thorough. The food and server were great. Everything was served fast and hot and we had to plenty of time to make our show.Special Features:
- After theater dinnerOutoftownerDined on 8/8/2014Excellent, professional and friendly service. Staff appeared to be very happy to have us at the restaurant. Good food, served in a timely fashion.Special Features:
- GreatChrisDined on 8/7/2014Fast service and great food before the Goodman! Nice, intimate atmosphere if you sit inside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Two facesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014When we first arrived, the restaurant wasn't totally full, but the noise was incredible. If we had known where else to go, we probably would have left. Happily, many of the diners seemed to have show tickets and left by the time our entrees arrived. After that, dinner was wonderful! We enjoyed the wait staff and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- The following 1293 reviews are from the Rosebud Theater District reviews archive.
- Fantastic ServiceSammyVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were a party of six with theatre tickets for Motown and arriving late to the restaurant because of traffic. We explained this situation to our waiter and he immediately went into action to assure us that time would not be a problem and that we will be able to enjoy our meal without being rushed ... and he did exactly that. He took our order, the drinks and food came exactly as ordered without a hitch, we all enjoyed our meals anxiety-free, and we made it to the theatre on time. So thank you Rosebud Theatre District for making that extra effort. It was all appreciated with a well-deserved extra tip to the waiter.
- Delightful discovery!LocalDinerVIPDined on 7/22/2014We were looking for a nice place to have dinner before the theater and found Rosebud on Open Table. It was close to the theater and we were able to make a reservation only a few hours before we needed to be there. Our waiter was very solicitous and inquired if we had a curtain time to be aware of. Our diner was delicious - whitefish and pasta carbonara, with a bruschetta appetizer and cannoli dessert. The service was attentive without being either overly solicitous, and the ambience was warm and cozy, in spite of being set inside a large lobby and having many tables. It was one of the few places I have been where the music wasn't so loud that I couldn't have a regular conversation across the table. I hope to return soon!Special Features:
- RuthRuthDined on 7/22/2014Great food, great service! Would go back! Want to try other Rosebud restaurants!Special Features:
- ExcellentDT333Dined on 7/19/2014Great experience. Excellent food and service. Went to dinner before the 8p show waiter and staff very attentive to ensure we were done ontime. Open table the best to make reservations. Would recommend to everyone. Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner/Theater ComboRum4DesertDined on 7/19/2014The best place in the loop to dine before a play if your looking for great food, reasonable prices, great service, and perfect location. You can even have a conversation at a table for 6 without having to shout. Portions large so don't be afraid to share.Special Features:
- Service was slowChidinerDined on 7/19/2014We were seated promptly. There were many empty tables when we arrived. But our waiter had quite a few tables that were seated around the same time. he asked about theatre tickets when we first arrived, and he did keep us informed. But our order didn't get taken until we had been there 30 minutes. We had allowed enough time so we. Still made our show. The pastas were good, a rigatoni alba vodka and a pappardelle dish. But the chicken Vesuvio was a drastically different dish than MIT kids at other restaurants , including Roosebud on Taylor. It was two breasts that appeared to be swimming in a broth, covered with a green herb of some type. The potatoes seemed to be fried and were soggy from the broth. Not our. Best experience here.Special Features: