192 E Walton Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3123971000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Rida Elazri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rosebud's off-premise capabilities are limitless. Whether it be at the office, a museum, an outdoor facility or even your home...Rosebud Catering & Events will come to you. Rosebud promises to provide you with an uncompromising level of excellence. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Cross Street: Mies Van Der Rohe Way
- Public Transit: The Red Line's Chicago stop is .4 mile South West at the corner of Chicago Avenue and State Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Rosebud Steakhouse offers valet parking after 4:30pm. It is $14 for the first two hours, then $20 after that.
A word from Rosebud Steakhouse
A rare steakhouse, well done. Rosebud Steakhouse knows a thing or two about the fine art of cooking. Located on a quiet stretch of Walton Street, this relaxing hideout is the perfect place to enjoy an unforgettable meal paired with a glass of wine from our impressive wine list. The extensive lunch and dinner menus offer mouthwatering steaks, classic dishes like prime New York Strip with herb butter, Chicago Cut Bone-in Ribeye, tender chicken entrees and seafood specialties which have been enhanced to euphoric perfection. The beloved hamburger, voted number one in the city of Chicago by the Chicago Tribune graces both lunch and dinner menus. Rosebud’s irresistible menu will tempt your stomach as much as the cool, hip atmosphere will tempt your eyes. Rosebud Steakhouse invites you to enjoy an unforgettable fine dining experience in a romantic setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (57)notable wine list (37)romantic (32)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (27)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice placePaulVIPDined on 8/23/2014The steaks were cooked just right and were very tender. However, they were a little short on seasoning. Wine list was good. Noise level is a little high. Ambience is pleasant.
- Give it a trybruceDined on 8/22/2014Service was lacking. ... gave us a glass of wine and desert for it though. Food was very good....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serviceefxguy2000VIPDined on 8/22/2014I've been coming to this restaurant for years every time I visit Chicago. This time the waiter sounded good, but didn't perform. Food was late and part of the order came later and not cooked as requested. On a plus note this restaurant had the finest veal chop I every ate. Lean, tender and cooked to perfection. Forget the steaks, this is the top of my list.
- Always excellentWoodlanderVIPDined on 8/20/2014We come to Chicago about 3-4 times a year and often eat at Rosebud Steakhouse. They always have excellent steaks and first class service. Our only caveat this time was a young host who seemed a bit grumpy. We are a retired couple in our early sixties and when we go out to dinner we do not wish to be seated near families with small children, especially in expensive restaurants. When we asked to be seated at another table he reacted like we were making an unreasonable request. We don't appreciate attitude like that. There are plenty of other steak houses that would gladly accommodate our request!Special Features:
- RonnieDined on 8/18/2014The noise level is real turnoff. Tables are too close. Service was excellent. Sea Bass very good. High energy place. Will return. RonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- None Finer....shesgotflairDined on 8/11/2014Rosebud was our destination for our 20th wedding anniversary. The meal was one of the best we've EVER had! Ambiance, attentive service, and utterly delictable food....such a memorable dining experiece. We plan to come back to Chicago in December just to go to the Rosebud!Special Features:
- Best filet and veal chopLoveopentableDined on 8/7/2014Our party enjoyed filet, chicken under brick and veal chop. Wonderfully prepared and excellent vegetables as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sauce on the scallops was spicy.Dr111VIPDined on 8/7/2014Brick chicken was to die for. Very good. Service was great a really Chicago gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon treat!BuckeyeguyDined on 8/3/2014We've eaten dinner here before (our first date was here yrs ago:-) This visit was before the dinner hour. My wife inquired about having a dinner entree, & our server responded positively & relayed her request to the chef. A few sides were not prepared yet (a good sign that things are not kept warm). However, the steaks were good to go! The chef accommodated us with other side choices & we had a beautiful plate of sautéed spinach w/garlic; it was delicious. The ribeye was done to perfection & was very flavorful! We both had the French onion soup as an appetizer & it was also excellent. The 4 star rating is only because our first date experience at Rosebud was truly the high five event; that is why we return every time we visit Chicago.Special Features:
- very nicelovetoeatgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014the waitress was so so but the food was outstanding and my Date was the best of all...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usual!WoodlanderVIPDined on 7/29/2014Superb summer salad, terrific steak and sides. Dimetri our server was attentive and fun. We'll be back soon! Thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceHiggyDined on 7/26/2014Mike was top notch!!! The portions are massive, so be prepared!!!!Special Features:
- wonderful nightted4eatDined on 7/23/2014took my wife and 14 year old son out for a special dinner. the service and food were both outstanding and made for a most memorable evening. waiter took his time with us from appetizer through dessert and really made the night enjoyable. food was outstanding as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual excellenceNeighborVIPDined on 7/23/2014One of our favorite places and we are regulars, but were quite disappointed. Food was OK but lacked the usual excellence. The new tuna receive is not good.Special Features:
- Rosebud and RosebudLOSMDined on 7/23/2014I ate at the Rosebud on Rush (Italian) and on Walton (Steak). Both were very good. Portions are large (I could not eat all of it at either restaurant). Service was also very good. I will return when I am back in Chicago.
- RagnarDined on 7/20/2014Best steak I ever had. My scond trip to Chicago and my second dinner at Rosebud. The servers were not talky, took the order, got the meal served, and didn't hoover around asking "how is everything" a thousand times. Desert was a huge serving of apple pie ala mode which, while delicious, was simply too much to eat. A wonderful experiance and I'd recommend Rosebud to every visitor to Chicago.Special Features:
- Great Food Slow Service Older CrowdCHICagoDINEDined on 7/19/2014Compared to the other Rosebud restaurants in Chicago, this one is is definitely my least favorite in terms of service and ambience. The food was fantastic, but the service was very slow and the room was dark and loud. The crowd seemed to be older groups and early diners; we sat down at 8PM and by 10 we were one of the only tables left. My family and I found it odd that they plated and served our side dishes which we ordered for the table. Also, the portions are huge; we ordered one wedge salad and it was more than enough for the three of us.
- Birthday Dinnerssj4gogeta23Dined on 7/17/2014Sat and had bread brought out with daily specials & wine list. Had fresh oysters from various locations including New Zealand Canada & Alaska. I ordered 2 of each w/ some amazing habanero sauce. I ordered the filet mingon black and bleu with a side of salmon and two a la carte jumbo shrimp. As I got to talk to our server Michael, I told him it was my birthday and upon the completion of my meal, he brought out a delicious complimentary chocolate cake with a candle on it for me to blow out. I must say I was surprised and very happy to feel so childlike as to blow out a birthday candle, it really made my night after all the wonderful birthday wishes I had received throughout the day.Special Features:
- saladluvrVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great food and generous portions. Service was terrific (Bobby is a gem!) everything was prepared to each diner's wishes. Waiter advised us well regarding our orders. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014Monet provided great service. We were passing through town on a college tour so I reserved a table for 7 at one of my favorites. When we arrived at 7pm the restaurant discreetly informed me my reservation was same time and place a week later. They were very accommodating and fit us in without a wait. I knew there was a reason I always stop at Rosebud Steakhouse when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ummmbamaboyDined on 7/11/2014Absolutely the best filet mignon I have ever had. I ordered it medium well and it was cooked to perfection. Exactly as described by our server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshingWine4MeVIPDined on 7/9/2014We were a party of 11. The service was great from beginning to end. The food selection was nice but know when you go - this is a steakhouse. If there was one less than positive thing - there was bit a surf & turf option on the menu. I would defiantly eat here again and wouldn't shy away from a group dinner either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I had more to sayFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 7/4/2014Unfortunately, the restaurant was out of the lollipop lamb chops and could not really accommodate what I was wanting to eat. However, the server was more than great and was very remorseful that my meal turned out to be a glass of wine (one star on food only because I did not taste any). The portions are huge and looked delicious. This is not a great place for a traveler who cannot eat all at once or who cannot take food back to the hotel. I would like to return with a large party and empty stomach, this is a classic steakhouse with great ambience and service.
- Fantastic all aroundTommylikeytoeatyVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food and service were both wonderful. The prices are what you'd expect from a Chicago steakhouse. My wife and I split a steak and it was just right. Our server, Michael, was terrific. When he reviewed the menu with us, he wasn't pretentious at all. In fact, when he finished explaining the daily specials and the regular menu items, he even pointed out that the burgers are terrific. As for the sides, he suggested that we split a half-size salad, and split a side of the sauteed mushrooms. All of his suggestions were right on the mark! The location is great as it is just 2 blocks from the John Hancock Building. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceMimiDined on 6/25/2014This was a wonderful experience for our daughters birthday dinner. The food was absolutely amazing. We had the steaks and shared the generous side items that were deliciously and wonderfully prepared. Our friendly server sliced up our steak and individually placed it on our plates by our table as we were all sharing the generously proportioned delicious steaks. A must recommend restraunt and we will be returning next time we are in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak done rightperseus72Dined on 6/24/2014The steak was amazing. Probably one of the best i have had. The potato was just ok though.Special Features:
- Great BurgersDowntownVIPDined on 6/24/2014As usual we came for the delicious Rosebud Burgers. I can't comment on anything else on the menu, but it's fun sitting in the window and watching the action on Walton Street with my husband, a bottle of wine, and the delicious Rosebud burgers. Great way for us to enjoy an early neighborhood dinner. The servers are all pros and it certainly adds to the positive experience.Special Features:
- All around wonderful.BourbDinerDined on 6/23/2014Took a friend from out of town to the Rosebud Steakhouse for her birthday. I have never been disappointed by any of the Rosebud Restaurants and their Steakhouse was no exception. The waiters (we had two!) were kind, informative, and made excellent recommendations. There were 3 of us and we shared two entrees and an appetizer. Accommodating the sharing was not questioned, and in fact, was recommended. In turn, we were all able to sample a few different menu items. A great night out, the way dining SHOULD be. I will most certainly frequent again!Special Features:
- UGHdonnaVIPDined on 6/16/2014My steak (bone-in filet) was served MW when ordered MR. Side dishes were delivered after my husband ate his steak, (I did not eat mine, too well done) which he said was good. Server never came back to table to check on the steaks and when he did he told us he was stretched pretty thin because he also had tables outside. There was no compensation, in fact, not even an apology. It was not a good experience but we could walk back to the hotel. The "hash browns" are far from hash browns, more like diced potatoes. Whatever is all I can say. And would I go there again....NEVER Unfortuate since it was my husbands birthday and we happened to be out of town. Check was $277 with a moderate priced bottle of wine.
- ForgottenNulungs95Dined on 6/16/2014My filet was ordered Med Wellcame out like a piece of leather for $42! The Waiter asked if everything was ok just as the server placed our plates so we said OK, but when I realized it, I couldn't get his attention to complain. About 20 mins later I received a great looking steak but my husband had finished long before so I ordered it to go along with a dessert. Waited another 20 mins AFTER paying the check for the dessert to be boxed up after they brought it to the table instead. I counted at least 3 different ppl taking orders serving food and it was chaotic...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Father's DayTessDined on 6/15/2014Exceptional service. Excellent food. Steaks cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- UnexpectedJimmyVIPDined on 6/15/2014The fried chicken was not fried, it was tasteless. We should have been told that the salad automatically came with blue cheese dressing & that the fried chicken was not crispy. All in all our party was not pleased with the food, (burgers). My wife and I have been to this particular Rosebud before but found this experience very disappointing. Our friends who also live in the neighborhood stated, "they will not eat there again".
- Superb steakDeniseDined on 6/13/2014You'll find great ambiance, great food and great service at Rosebud steakhouse. Dimitri, our server made the evening special.Special Features:
- Great Steaks and wineClevfoodieDined on 6/9/2014I have dined at the rosebud several times and have always enjoyed the wait staff and food. I find the waiters very friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Superior In Every WayGordonDined on 6/8/2014The Rosebud Steakhouse offers 35-day aged beef, the best I have ever tried anywhere in the world. Two of my guests had the Dover Sole, and were ready for more after finishing their serving. The service was impeccable, even though we arrived late in the evening. Try the cauliflower as a side-dish. The flavor was intoxicating, even for me, who normally avoids this vegetable. The food is well-worth the price, and you will not leave hungry as the portions are ample. I can't wait to take my guests there next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portions!JuJuDined on 6/8/2014Our filets were delicious as expected, but the lettuce wedge was a surprise that we ordered based on prior reviews. It was the best we've ever eaten. The wedge and all the side dishes are plenty for two to share, thanks to our waiter for sharing that info. Good location, nice ambiance, a bit noisy (loud), probably not good for a romantic, quiet dinner; but a definite good meal and atmosphere. The waiters wear tuxedos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experiencecatrig77Dined on 6/6/2014Expensive but you'd expect that in this neighborhood. Ask for Jeff. Great server.Special Features:
- PangurBanVIPDined on 6/6/2014GREAT FOR A LATE LUNCH -- Between lunch and dinner it is hard to find a great place for a business lunch/dinner and Rosebud Steakhouse is that place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect steak housekimjd11VIPDined on 6/5/2014When I visit my son in college, this is the ultimate treat for our family. This is an upscale, expensive steak house that for once is worth every penny. The steaks (the four of us ordered a variety) were all beyond our dreams. The sides can actually compete with the steaks. The service is impeccable. Picture perfect steak house without an unncessary attitude. I look forward to returning, because it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great Lunch Thanks!KevinVIPDined on 5/28/2014Everything Rosebud is known for was on point. Many many thanks!Special Features: