192 E Walton Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3123971000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Rida Elazri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rosebud's off-premise capabilities are limitless. Whether it be at the office, a museum, an outdoor facility or even your home...Rosebud Catering & Events will come to you. Rosebud promises to provide you with an uncompromising level of excellence. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Cross Street: Mies Van Der Rohe Way
- Public Transit: The Red Line's Chicago stop is .4 mile South West at the corner of Chicago Avenue and State Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Rosebud Steakhouse offers valet parking after 4:30pm. It is $14 for the first two hours, then $20 after that.
A word from Rosebud Steakhouse
A rare steakhouse, well done. Rosebud Steakhouse knows a thing or two about the fine art of cooking. Located on a quiet stretch of Walton Street, this relaxing hideout is the perfect place to enjoy an unforgettable meal paired with a glass of wine from our impressive wine list. The extensive lunch and dinner menus offer mouthwatering steaks, classic dishes like prime New York Strip with herb butter, Chicago Cut Bone-in Ribeye, tender chicken entrees and seafood specialties which have been enhanced to euphoric perfection. The beloved hamburger, voted number one in the city of Chicago by the Chicago Tribune graces both lunch and dinner menus. Rosebud’s irresistible menu will tempt your stomach as much as the cool, hip atmosphere will tempt your eyes. Rosebud Steakhouse invites you to enjoy an unforgettable fine dining experience in a romantic setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (39)romantic (32)good for groups (31)hot spot (15)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Poor experience at RosebudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Overrated, overpriced. Food & Service is average. Crowded. Noisy. Seating staff take incompetence to a new level. In spite of having a reservation we had to wait 45 minutes for a table.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014We have been at this restaurant many times however this time found the service to be a bit sloppy. We were a party of six. We asked for a round table near the window, it was there and ready when we arrived however we were directed to the table next to it which was set up for seven. After we sat down they took the extra chair away and put it at the table originally reserved for us! We were celebrating two birthdays which we told them about when we made the reservations. After spending upwards of 800.00 they didn't even send a piece of cake!Special Features:
- Outstanding. !!!JvenesqVIPDined on 10/18/2014Staff is terrific. Could not have been more accommodating. Resturant was extremely busy yet good and service did not suffer. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryGVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a terrific restaurant although the prices are enough to take your breath away.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as enjoyableted4eatDined on 10/17/2014when coming here you realize two things--this place is noisy and is not a bargain price wise. But you do not really come to Chicago to get a deal and the portions are large and the food is good. I had written an earlier review about an excellent experience I had here earlier in the summer. My experience was not so good this time around and it really centered on the difference in service. Waiter we had last time was really good and paid a lot of attention to us. we were not as fortunate this time around. Our waitress was not good --did not explain the fish special they had, did not offer any wine list suggestions and what was the worst was when she began taking our order, she stopped and served another table--totally unpleasantSpecial Features:
- Great foodDaveGVIPDined on 10/11/2014We went to Rosebud 4/32 anniversary. We found the service to be great the food to be excellent. The staff was very gracious and they were very kind to us. We just found the whole experience to be an outstanding way to spend our 32nd anniversary. Thanks to the staff and management at rosebud for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakGigiDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Rosebud. My husband's filet was absolutely delicious. However when our guest's steak was overcooked, the waiter balked at taking it back - a big no-no! His 2nd steak was much better. Atmosphere was nice but too noise for good conversation.Special Features:
- City Dining GemCItyKathyVIPDined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy the vibrant but cozy surroundings of Rosebud. Steaks and ample sides are well prepared. The standout this time: our server, Marcus. Knowledgeable, warm and attentive. It's a wonderful place to stop in for dinner in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowKhh500Dined on 10/1/2014I have had a lot of steaks in Chicago, and this ranks up there with all the best! Everything was outstanding and perfectly cooked. Service level is top notch.Special Features:
- Lot of food!travelersVIPDined on 9/22/2014great martini, great food, just servings were way too large.. we ended up taking home more than half our meal ven though we only ordered appetizers! Take a friend!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We had to wait about 20 minutes after our reservation to be seated. Tables are close together and the restaurant is loud. Our server was wonderful and the meal was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Local's Steakhouseutsa26VIPDined on 9/16/2014One of the more consistent steakhouse/Italian dining experiences in Chicago. Excellent, professional service. If you want to get away from the chains with your clients or family, and want to experience the "real" Chicago, it's hard to go wrong here.Special Features:
- Gone down hill - owner doesn't careKathVIPDined on 9/14/2014Long wait for food. Baked potato = cold . . . Steak = Poor quality . . . Truffled peas = heavy garlic. Owner approached us and we said, "it's alright", he simply nodded and walked away; he truly did not care. For quality = The Chicago Cut + Bavette's.
- Love itMeateaterDined on 9/13/2014One of my favorites for Steaks actually the best in TownSpecial Features:
- You won't be disappointedadventuregirlDined on 9/13/2014The steak diane special and the the scallops were delicious. The sides really stole the show - the brussel sprouts , mashed potatoes steaming with cheese, and cauliflower au gratin made sure you didn't leave hungry. Big enough to share, and very flavorful. The restaurant gets REALLY crowded on the weekends but it is worth it. The wait staff is very nice.Special Features:
- I expected morebekasualDined on 9/12/2014I used to frequent this Rosebud restaurant many years ago with great memories. This visit was memorable for the wrong reasons. Paying top dollar for steaks in Chicago, I expected a lot more - Service should be on point - Stiff drinks quickly served - High quality steaks and sides I will be going elsewhere as there are many better steak options in Chicago.
- Great food, but service and noise..MikeWDined on 9/9/2014We visited here during a recent trade show. We took customers in for a nice dinner, but the restaurant was so crowded, you could barely fit in between the tables. Even the wait staff had trouble serving the tables. On top of that, with the conversations and music, you could not hear people at the other end of the table. That was a disappointment. The food, however, was very good. Everyone commented that their meal was excellent. Service was also a dissappointment. They had two waiters covering the tables and that led to a lot of confusion. Drink orders missed, doubled, etc. For example, it took almost 20 minutes to get served a Diet Coke, while everyone else was served in 5. Wouldn't be my first choice for dinner in Chicago.
- DeliciousRockfordDined on 9/7/2014The pork chop was the best I've ever had!! the perfect amount of spice and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Outdated classic...ShoozieQDined on 9/6/2014I know all about the traditional steakhouse, and while the food is good, and the service excellent, the old dingy decor was rather off-putting.
- honorable restaurantRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 9/5/2014honorable restaurant that removed 41.00 filet as was first undercooked and then overcooked on 1 of 5 orders. i have yet to experience that and for that reason alone i would return. restaurnt is loud so avoid for romantic dinner but if energy does not bother you then recommend
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Food was outstanding as was service. Timing of service was perfect- enough time to visit and enjoy cocktails and delicious salads but perfect wait time for dinner. Skirt steak was amazing and we tried the truffled tater tots for the first time and will always order them from now on. Food here has always been excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Rosebud follow up to a dozen rosesGraciesDadDined on 9/3/2014Great service and food! We enjoyed celebrating our anniversary there. Our server, Monet, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCsDined on 8/31/2014Great 'ordinary' food. Delicious steak. Lobster diavolo, spicy, yummy, not subtle. Very pricey.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Everything was great. It was a slow night and the waiter might hav been a little too attentive, iykwim, but that's because he did not have enough to keep him busy. Very minor complaint.Special Features:
- SteaksMarcVIPDined on 8/28/2014Been here a few times. Seems to becoming more commercial and less a neighborhood gem. Food is always good. Good for groups or if you are in the area.Special Features:
- Nice placePaulVIPDined on 8/23/2014The steaks were cooked just right and were very tender. However, they were a little short on seasoning. Wine list was good. Noise level is a little high. Ambience is pleasant.
- Give it a trybruceDined on 8/22/2014Service was lacking. ... gave us a glass of wine and desert for it though. Food was very good....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serviceefxguy2000VIPDined on 8/22/2014I've been coming to this restaurant for years every time I visit Chicago. This time the waiter sounded good, but didn't perform. Food was late and part of the order came later and not cooked as requested. On a plus note this restaurant had the finest veal chop I every ate. Lean, tender and cooked to perfection. Forget the steaks, this is the top of my list.
- Always excellentWoodlanderVIPDined on 8/20/2014We come to Chicago about 3-4 times a year and often eat at Rosebud Steakhouse. They always have excellent steaks and first class service. Our only caveat this time was a young host who seemed a bit grumpy. We are a retired couple in our early sixties and when we go out to dinner we do not wish to be seated near families with small children, especially in expensive restaurants. When we asked to be seated at another table he reacted like we were making an unreasonable request. We don't appreciate attitude like that. There are plenty of other steak houses that would gladly accommodate our request!Special Features:
- RonnieDined on 8/18/2014The noise level is real turnoff. Tables are too close. Service was excellent. Sea Bass very good. High energy place. Will return. RonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- None Finer....shesgotflairDined on 8/11/2014Rosebud was our destination for our 20th wedding anniversary. The meal was one of the best we've EVER had! Ambiance, attentive service, and utterly delictable food....such a memorable dining experiece. We plan to come back to Chicago in December just to go to the Rosebud!Special Features:
- Best filet and veal chopLoveopentableDined on 8/7/2014Our party enjoyed filet, chicken under brick and veal chop. Wonderfully prepared and excellent vegetables as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sauce on the scallops was spicy.Dr111VIPDined on 8/7/2014Brick chicken was to die for. Very good. Service was great a really Chicago gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon treat!BuckeyeguyDined on 8/3/2014We've eaten dinner here before (our first date was here yrs ago:-) This visit was before the dinner hour. My wife inquired about having a dinner entree, & our server responded positively & relayed her request to the chef. A few sides were not prepared yet (a good sign that things are not kept warm). However, the steaks were good to go! The chef accommodated us with other side choices & we had a beautiful plate of sautéed spinach w/garlic; it was delicious. The ribeye was done to perfection & was very flavorful! We both had the French onion soup as an appetizer & it was also excellent. The 4 star rating is only because our first date experience at Rosebud was truly the high five event; that is why we return every time we visit Chicago.Special Features:
- very nicelovetoeatgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014the waitress was so so but the food was outstanding and my Date was the best of all...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usual!WoodlanderVIPDined on 7/29/2014Superb summer salad, terrific steak and sides. Dimetri our server was attentive and fun. We'll be back soon! Thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceHiggyDined on 7/26/2014Mike was top notch!!! The portions are massive, so be prepared!!!!Special Features:
- wonderful nightted4eatDined on 7/23/2014took my wife and 14 year old son out for a special dinner. the service and food were both outstanding and made for a most memorable evening. waiter took his time with us from appetizer through dessert and really made the night enjoyable. food was outstanding as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual excellenceNeighborVIPDined on 7/23/2014One of our favorite places and we are regulars, but were quite disappointed. Food was OK but lacked the usual excellence. The new tuna receive is not good.Special Features:
- Rosebud and RosebudLOSMDined on 7/23/2014I ate at the Rosebud on Rush (Italian) and on Walton (Steak). Both were very good. Portions are large (I could not eat all of it at either restaurant). Service was also very good. I will return when I am back in Chicago.