192 E Walton Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (312) 397-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Rida Elazri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rosebud's off-premise capabilities are limitless. Whether it be at the office, a museum, an outdoor facility or even your home...Rosebud Catering & Events will come to you. Rosebud promises to provide you with an uncompromising level of excellence. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Cross Street: Mies Van Der Rohe Way
- Public Transit: The Red Line's Chicago stop is .4 mile South West at the corner of Chicago Avenue and State Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Rosebud Steakhouse offers valet parking after 4:30pm. It is $14 for the first two hours, then $20 after that.
A word from Rosebud Steakhouse
A rare steakhouse, well done. Rosebud Steakhouse knows a thing or two about the fine art of cooking. Located on a quiet stretch of Walton Street, this relaxing hideout is the perfect place to enjoy an unforgettable meal paired with a glass of wine from our impressive wine list. The extensive lunch and dinner menus offer mouthwatering steaks, classic dishes like prime New York Strip with herb butter, Chicago Cut Bone-in Ribeye, tender chicken entrees and seafood specialties which have been enhanced to euphoric perfection. The beloved hamburger, voted number one in the city of Chicago by the Chicago Tribune graces both lunch and dinner menus. Rosebud’s irresistible menu will tempt your stomach as much as the cool, hip atmosphere will tempt your eyes. Rosebud Steakhouse invites you to enjoy an unforgettable fine dining experience in a romantic setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (56)notable wine list (52)good for groups (42)romantic (39)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- service good,prices up, taste downWilmaVIPDined on 11/25/2014One steak fabulous, one not as good as usual. Colossal shrimp, colossally tasteless. Smaller ones better. Service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent neighborhood spotcityplaceVIPDined on 11/24/2014Lunch of lobster roll was delicious. Great presentation. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodjim1947Dined on 11/22/2014We got there early. To my surprise, we got seated immediately.The eggplant caprese salad was great. My wife had shrimp cocktail, with 5 shrimp for dinner. They were huge, but a little overcooked. I had the petite filet and augratin potatoes. It came out rare, just as I ordered, and it was delicious. Didn't have to season it. The potatoes were probably enough for 3 people. They didn't need the cheese (Brie) on top. We virtually took half of everything home. This was the first time we've been to the downtown location. The only thing we didn't really care for, besides the noise level, was the fact that we couldn't get to, or from, our table without having to bother people at nearby table to moveI would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and crowdedBBChicagoDined on 11/22/2014We were a party of four. Our table was ready on time and in a good location. The food was well prepared and attractively presented. My rating is based on lack of ambiance and excessive noise. However, it was an extremely busy weekend in the area which could account for the crowding and noise. I would like to visit again at less hectic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!FoodyoneVIPDined on 11/22/2014One of the best filet mignon I have experieced! Also great sides large enough to share. Efficient friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is by far the best steak restaurant in Town!!ChitexanDined on 11/22/2014We had a group of 4. The seating was great! We the bacon wrapped scallops and the oysters Rockefeller appetizers. For dinner we had lamb chops, salmon, filet and bone in ribeye for dinner. Then the coconut cake and key lime pie was a great ending to the meal!!! I recommend this restaurant and give it 10 stars!! The staff was courteous, attentive and efficient!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dinnerShowme86VIPDined on 11/22/2014We have been here many times and have yet to be disappointed. The service and food are always excellent. It is alive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!CozyDined on 11/21/2014What a gem! Everything was excellent! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- does it get an better???kimbecileDined on 11/20/2014We made our first trip to Rosebud on 11/20 @ 5 p.m. dinner and dessert took two hours and our waiter, Michael was wonderful. He really took his time explaining the menu and what items could be shared. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jerry'sJerryDined on 11/19/2014Food and service were outstanding. Pace of the dinner was excellent as we worked our way from the beginning cocktail through dessert. Had the bone-in filet mignon which was cooked to perfection. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit if you are in the neighborhood.BBrownVIPDined on 11/14/2014Excellent quality with attentive service. Prices are high in comparison with other Chicago steak houses. Wine list also inflated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014The food was great and so was our server Jeff. I would highly recommend Rosebud Steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old StandardJDranVIPDined on 11/10/2014We have been to Rosebud Steakhouse many times. It is always a wonderful experience. From the person at the door, to the bartender to wait staff, they all know their jobs well and make it a very enjoyable evening. Food is always great. The steaks are the headliner but there is always a very nice selection of seafood.Special Features:
- Great for DinnerLoveItDined on 11/8/2014There were three of us and we all had great dinners. The appetizer called lobster escargot was exceptional. Instead of snails lobster meat was used. It was wonderful. The steaks were done to perfection. The long bean as a side were great. It was the second time we were there. There is a new chef and the food was done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, ServicedinenightlyDined on 11/8/2014First and foremost, the food was excellent. Our party of 4 enjoyed appetizers, Caesar salad, shared the bacon and cheddar potatoes, broccoli and asparagus. The steaks (all filets for us) were cooked to perfection. Service was attentive. The only downside is they were out of the bottle of wine I selected, but it was easy to find a second choice due to there extensive wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wacha WachaHugoVIPDined on 11/8/2014Best steakhouse in Chicago and I have been to most. Friendly and professional service, Bobby is the main man!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always1inmybookDined on 11/3/2014It may not be at the top of the best steakhouses in Chicago but it is definitely up there with them. I had the petite filet and you could cut it with your fork. Excellent flavor and tender, tender, tender, I like it rare and it was perfect. My guest had the bone in and it was perfect and finished it without even remembering that he mentioned he wasn't to hungry. I've been to Rosebud quite a few times and they always impress me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding filet and serviceBobVDined on 11/3/2014This is not my first visit and it won't be the last. As usual, the food and service were outstanding. I enjoy bringing out-of-town guests here for a great Chicago steak and steakhouse experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2014Food is great. Place is so crowded you can't move around without difficulty and so noisy my ears were ringing when I left. Would not go back because of that.
- RosebudpattyDined on 11/3/2014Service was wonderful and very accomodating. They couldn't do enough for us. We had Veal milanese which was presented beautifully, but I felt could have been better seasoned. It was a huge portion, especially after the fabulous "made at the table" caesar salad and interesting brread basket with cheese lavash that was thin and addictive. My husband had dover sole which was boned at the table and he said it was wonderful.A la cart accompaniments were brussel sprouts, asparagus, fabulous potatos au graten topped with slices of brie. For dessert, apple pie ala mode and a light, coconut cake. It was a special meal with too much food. They are known for their steaks. The restaurant is a little pricey but you get your money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful servicecityplaceVIPDined on 11/3/2014Lunch of lobster roll was delicious. Beautiful presentation and service. Some items on dinner menu are overpriced but if items are split they are very accommodating. Also, portions are large enough for splitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre experienceptongirlDined on 11/1/2014I called the restaurant before I made a reservation to ask if they offered a children's menu. I was told "yes." Upon arrival, I found out they did not. They did have macaroni and cheese but it is not "regular" macaroni and cheese. The food was high priced, which I am fine with for great food, but the food was mediocre. Our server practically ignored us and hovered over a table beside us because the wine seemed to be flowing at that table. The meal took over two hours and we didn't order dessert. Disappointing.
- GLT499Dined on 11/1/2014We always book a table at Rosebud Steakhouse whenever we are in Chicago. Love the food and ambiance though it's impossible to have a conversation...too loud! Gave it a four this time as one of our steaks wasn't cooked properly...they are usually spot on! Also, bottle of wine we ordered was not the year listed on menu. Makes a difference with red wine..
- Great as AlwaysChitownGatorVIPDined on 10/31/2014Brought my dad here while he was visiting - dinner at Rosebud is a tradition for us every time he comes to Chicago. Had the bone-in filet Oscar style - tons of crab meat and huge asparagus - the steak was cooked to perfection! My dad had the bone-in rib eye and ate every last bit of meat. The truffle tater tots were wonderful and not to be missed. We also tried the Mac and cheese this time and it was ok, not great. Tasted a little overcooked and not very creamy - will be sticking to tater tots only next time. Overall great meal!Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerChicagoTouristDined on 10/30/2014Every time we are in Chicago, we eat at the Rosebud Steakhouse. We have never been disappointed. The service is excellent! The wine list offers a large variety of wines. Our food was prepared perfectly, just as we had ordered it. It was once again a treat to dine there.Special Features:
- Good food/lots of protein and carbskygalDined on 10/28/2014Went with a business group, definite expense account place, lots of very rich food, a good time had by all.....ask for the window table to avoid some of the noiseSpecial Features:
- Poor experience at Rosebudfoodie4everDined on 10/25/2014Overrated, overpriced. Food & Service is average. Crowded. Noisy. Seating staff take incompetence to a new level. In spite of having a reservation we had to wait 45 minutes for a table.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014We have been at this restaurant many times however this time found the service to be a bit sloppy. We were a party of six. We asked for a round table near the window, it was there and ready when we arrived however we were directed to the table next to it which was set up for seven. After we sat down they took the extra chair away and put it at the table originally reserved for us! We were celebrating two birthdays which we told them about when we made the reservations. After spending upwards of 800.00 they didn't even send a piece of cake!Special Features:
- Outstanding. !!!JvenesqVIPDined on 10/18/2014Staff is terrific. Could not have been more accommodating. Resturant was extremely busy yet good and service did not suffer. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotjk3640VIPDined on 10/17/2014I would go back. My steak was very good. Service was excellent
- LarryGVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a terrific restaurant although the prices are enough to take your breath away.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as enjoyableted4eatDined on 10/17/2014when coming here you realize two things--this place is noisy and is not a bargain price wise. But you do not really come to Chicago to get a deal and the portions are large and the food is good. I had written an earlier review about an excellent experience I had here earlier in the summer. My experience was not so good this time around and it really centered on the difference in service. Waiter we had last time was really good and paid a lot of attention to us. we were not as fortunate this time around. Our waitress was not good --did not explain the fish special they had, did not offer any wine list suggestions and what was the worst was when she began taking our order, she stopped and served another table--totally unpleasantSpecial Features:
- The Rosebud on WaltonTrelanileeDined on 10/17/2014Our waiter< Paul, was of the highest caliber. He could not do enough to make us feel welcome. Were entertaining our friends from London, and, there were most impressed with American cuisine and hospitality. Will definitely go back on our net visit to Streeterville.Special Features:
- Great foodDaveGVIPDined on 10/11/2014We went to Rosebud 4/32 anniversary. We found the service to be great the food to be excellent. The staff was very gracious and they were very kind to us. We just found the whole experience to be an outstanding way to spend our 32nd anniversary. Thanks to the staff and management at rosebud for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakGigiDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Rosebud. My husband's filet was absolutely delicious. However when our guest's steak was overcooked, the waiter balked at taking it back - a big no-no! His 2nd steak was much better. Atmosphere was nice but too noise for good conversation.Special Features:
- City Dining GemCItyKathyVIPDined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy the vibrant but cozy surroundings of Rosebud. Steaks and ample sides are well prepared. The standout this time: our server, Marcus. Knowledgeable, warm and attentive. It's a wonderful place to stop in for dinner in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowKhh500Dined on 10/1/2014I have had a lot of steaks in Chicago, and this ranks up there with all the best! Everything was outstanding and perfectly cooked. Service level is top notch.Special Features:
- Lot of food!travelersVIPDined on 9/22/2014great martini, great food, just servings were way too large.. we ended up taking home more than half our meal ven though we only ordered appetizers! Take a friend!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We had to wait about 20 minutes after our reservation to be seated. Tables are close together and the restaurant is loud. Our server was wonderful and the meal was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Local's Steakhouseutsa26VIPDined on 9/16/2014One of the more consistent steakhouse/Italian dining experiences in Chicago. Excellent, professional service. If you want to get away from the chains with your clients or family, and want to experience the "real" Chicago, it's hard to go wrong here.Special Features: