192 E Walton Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3123971000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Rida Elazri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rosebud's off-premise capabilities are limitless. Whether it be at the office, a museum, an outdoor facility or even your home...Rosebud Catering & Events will come to you. Rosebud promises to provide you with an uncompromising level of excellence. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Cross Street: Mies Van Der Rohe Way
- Public Transit: The Red Line's Chicago stop is .4 mile South West at the corner of Chicago Avenue and State Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Rosebud Steakhouse offers valet parking after 4:30pm. It is $14 for the first two hours, then $20 after that.
A word from Rosebud Steakhouse
A rare steakhouse, well done. Rosebud Steakhouse knows a thing or two about the fine art of cooking. Located on a quiet stretch of Walton Street, this relaxing hideout is the perfect place to enjoy an unforgettable meal paired with a glass of wine from our impressive wine list. The extensive lunch and dinner menus offer mouthwatering steaks, classic dishes like prime New York Strip with herb butter, Chicago Cut Bone-in Ribeye, tender chicken entrees and seafood specialties which have been enhanced to euphoric perfection. The beloved hamburger, voted number one in the city of Chicago by the Chicago Tribune graces both lunch and dinner menus. Rosebud’s irresistible menu will tempt your stomach as much as the cool, hip atmosphere will tempt your eyes. Rosebud Steakhouse invites you to enjoy an unforgettable fine dining experience in a romantic setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (57)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (33)romantic (32)hot spot (14)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Lot of food!travelersVIPDined on 9/22/2014great martini, great food, just servings were way too large.. we ended up taking home more than half our meal ven though we only ordered appetizers! Take a friend!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We had to wait about 20 minutes after our reservation to be seated. Tables are close together and the restaurant is loud. Our server was wonderful and the meal was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Local's Steakhouseutsa26VIPDined on 9/16/2014One of the more consistent steakhouse/Italian dining experiences in Chicago. Excellent, professional service. If you want to get away from the chains with your clients or family, and want to experience the "real" Chicago, it's hard to go wrong here.Special Features:
- Gone down hill - owner doesn't careKathVIPDined on 9/14/2014Long wait for food. Baked potato = cold . . . Steak = Poor quality . . . Truffled peas = heavy garlic. Owner approached us and we said, "it's alright", he simply nodded and walked away; he truly did not care. For quality = The Chicago Cut + Bavette's.
- Love itMeateaterDined on 9/13/2014One of my favorites for Steaks actually the best in TownSpecial Features:
- You won't be disappointedadventuregirlDined on 9/13/2014The steak diane special and the the scallops were delicious. The sides really stole the show - the brussel sprouts , mashed potatoes steaming with cheese, and cauliflower au gratin made sure you didn't leave hungry. Big enough to share, and very flavorful. The restaurant gets REALLY crowded on the weekends but it is worth it. The wait staff is very nice.Special Features:
- Great food, but service and noise..MikeWDined on 9/9/2014We visited here during a recent trade show. We took customers in for a nice dinner, but the restaurant was so crowded, you could barely fit in between the tables. Even the wait staff had trouble serving the tables. On top of that, with the conversations and music, you could not hear people at the other end of the table. That was a disappointment. The food, however, was very good. Everyone commented that their meal was excellent. Service was also a dissappointment. They had two waiters covering the tables and that led to a lot of confusion. Drink orders missed, doubled, etc. For example, it took almost 20 minutes to get served a Diet Coke, while everyone else was served in 5. Wouldn't be my first choice for dinner in Chicago.
- DeliciousRockfordDined on 9/7/2014The pork chop was the best I've ever had!! the perfect amount of spice and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Outdated classic...ShoozieQDined on 9/6/2014I know all about the traditional steakhouse, and while the food is good, and the service excellent, the old dingy decor was rather off-putting.
- honorable restaurantRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 9/5/2014honorable restaurant that removed 41.00 filet as was first undercooked and then overcooked on 1 of 5 orders. i have yet to experience that and for that reason alone i would return. restaurnt is loud so avoid for romantic dinner but if energy does not bother you then recommend
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Food was outstanding as was service. Timing of service was perfect- enough time to visit and enjoy cocktails and delicious salads but perfect wait time for dinner. Skirt steak was amazing and we tried the truffled tater tots for the first time and will always order them from now on. Food here has always been excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Rosebud follow up to a dozen rosesGraciesDadDined on 9/3/2014Great service and food! We enjoyed celebrating our anniversary there. Our server, Monet, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCsDined on 8/31/2014Great 'ordinary' food. Delicious steak. Lobster diavolo, spicy, yummy, not subtle. Very pricey.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Everything was great. It was a slow night and the waiter might hav been a little too attentive, iykwim, but that's because he did not have enough to keep him busy. Very minor complaint.Special Features:
- SteaksMarcVIPDined on 8/28/2014Been here a few times. Seems to becoming more commercial and less a neighborhood gem. Food is always good. Good for groups or if you are in the area.Special Features:
- Nice placePaulVIPDined on 8/23/2014The steaks were cooked just right and were very tender. However, they were a little short on seasoning. Wine list was good. Noise level is a little high. Ambience is pleasant.
- Give it a trybruceDined on 8/22/2014Service was lacking. ... gave us a glass of wine and desert for it though. Food was very good....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serviceefxguy2000VIPDined on 8/22/2014I've been coming to this restaurant for years every time I visit Chicago. This time the waiter sounded good, but didn't perform. Food was late and part of the order came later and not cooked as requested. On a plus note this restaurant had the finest veal chop I every ate. Lean, tender and cooked to perfection. Forget the steaks, this is the top of my list.
- Always excellentWoodlanderVIPDined on 8/20/2014We come to Chicago about 3-4 times a year and often eat at Rosebud Steakhouse. They always have excellent steaks and first class service. Our only caveat this time was a young host who seemed a bit grumpy. We are a retired couple in our early sixties and when we go out to dinner we do not wish to be seated near families with small children, especially in expensive restaurants. When we asked to be seated at another table he reacted like we were making an unreasonable request. We don't appreciate attitude like that. There are plenty of other steak houses that would gladly accommodate our request!Special Features:
- RonnieDined on 8/18/2014The noise level is real turnoff. Tables are too close. Service was excellent. Sea Bass very good. High energy place. Will return. RonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- None Finer....shesgotflairDined on 8/11/2014Rosebud was our destination for our 20th wedding anniversary. The meal was one of the best we've EVER had! Ambiance, attentive service, and utterly delictable food....such a memorable dining experiece. We plan to come back to Chicago in December just to go to the Rosebud!Special Features:
- Best filet and veal chopLoveopentableDined on 8/7/2014Our party enjoyed filet, chicken under brick and veal chop. Wonderfully prepared and excellent vegetables as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sauce on the scallops was spicy.Dr111VIPDined on 8/7/2014Brick chicken was to die for. Very good. Service was great a really Chicago gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon treat!BuckeyeguyDined on 8/3/2014We've eaten dinner here before (our first date was here yrs ago:-) This visit was before the dinner hour. My wife inquired about having a dinner entree, & our server responded positively & relayed her request to the chef. A few sides were not prepared yet (a good sign that things are not kept warm). However, the steaks were good to go! The chef accommodated us with other side choices & we had a beautiful plate of sautéed spinach w/garlic; it was delicious. The ribeye was done to perfection & was very flavorful! We both had the French onion soup as an appetizer & it was also excellent. The 4 star rating is only because our first date experience at Rosebud was truly the high five event; that is why we return every time we visit Chicago.Special Features:
- very nicelovetoeatgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014the waitress was so so but the food was outstanding and my Date was the best of all...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usual!WoodlanderVIPDined on 7/29/2014Superb summer salad, terrific steak and sides. Dimetri our server was attentive and fun. We'll be back soon! Thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceHiggyDined on 7/26/2014Mike was top notch!!! The portions are massive, so be prepared!!!!Special Features:
- wonderful nightted4eatDined on 7/23/2014took my wife and 14 year old son out for a special dinner. the service and food were both outstanding and made for a most memorable evening. waiter took his time with us from appetizer through dessert and really made the night enjoyable. food was outstanding as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual excellenceNeighborVIPDined on 7/23/2014One of our favorite places and we are regulars, but were quite disappointed. Food was OK but lacked the usual excellence. The new tuna receive is not good.Special Features:
- Rosebud and RosebudLOSMDined on 7/23/2014I ate at the Rosebud on Rush (Italian) and on Walton (Steak). Both were very good. Portions are large (I could not eat all of it at either restaurant). Service was also very good. I will return when I am back in Chicago.
- RagnarDined on 7/20/2014Best steak I ever had. My scond trip to Chicago and my second dinner at Rosebud. The servers were not talky, took the order, got the meal served, and didn't hoover around asking "how is everything" a thousand times. Desert was a huge serving of apple pie ala mode which, while delicious, was simply too much to eat. A wonderful experiance and I'd recommend Rosebud to every visitor to Chicago.Special Features:
- Great Food Slow Service Older CrowdCHICagoDINEDined on 7/19/2014Compared to the other Rosebud restaurants in Chicago, this one is is definitely my least favorite in terms of service and ambience. The food was fantastic, but the service was very slow and the room was dark and loud. The crowd seemed to be older groups and early diners; we sat down at 8PM and by 10 we were one of the only tables left. My family and I found it odd that they plated and served our side dishes which we ordered for the table. Also, the portions are huge; we ordered one wedge salad and it was more than enough for the three of us.
- Birthday Dinnerssj4gogeta23Dined on 7/17/2014Sat and had bread brought out with daily specials & wine list. Had fresh oysters from various locations including New Zealand Canada & Alaska. I ordered 2 of each w/ some amazing habanero sauce. I ordered the filet mingon black and bleu with a side of salmon and two a la carte jumbo shrimp. As I got to talk to our server Michael, I told him it was my birthday and upon the completion of my meal, he brought out a delicious complimentary chocolate cake with a candle on it for me to blow out. I must say I was surprised and very happy to feel so childlike as to blow out a birthday candle, it really made my night after all the wonderful birthday wishes I had received throughout the day.Special Features:
- saladluvrVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great food and generous portions. Service was terrific (Bobby is a gem!) everything was prepared to each diner's wishes. Waiter advised us well regarding our orders. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014Monet provided great service. We were passing through town on a college tour so I reserved a table for 7 at one of my favorites. When we arrived at 7pm the restaurant discreetly informed me my reservation was same time and place a week later. They were very accommodating and fit us in without a wait. I knew there was a reason I always stop at Rosebud Steakhouse when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ummmbamaboyDined on 7/11/2014Absolutely the best filet mignon I have ever had. I ordered it medium well and it was cooked to perfection. Exactly as described by our server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshingWine4MeVIPDined on 7/9/2014We were a party of 11. The service was great from beginning to end. The food selection was nice but know when you go - this is a steakhouse. If there was one less than positive thing - there was bit a surf & turf option on the menu. I would defiantly eat here again and wouldn't shy away from a group dinner either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I had more to sayFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 7/4/2014Unfortunately, the restaurant was out of the lollipop lamb chops and could not really accommodate what I was wanting to eat. However, the server was more than great and was very remorseful that my meal turned out to be a glass of wine (one star on food only because I did not taste any). The portions are huge and looked delicious. This is not a great place for a traveler who cannot eat all at once or who cannot take food back to the hotel. I would like to return with a large party and empty stomach, this is a classic steakhouse with great ambience and service.
- Fantastic all aroundTommylikeytoeatyVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food and service were both wonderful. The prices are what you'd expect from a Chicago steakhouse. My wife and I split a steak and it was just right. Our server, Michael, was terrific. When he reviewed the menu with us, he wasn't pretentious at all. In fact, when he finished explaining the daily specials and the regular menu items, he even pointed out that the burgers are terrific. As for the sides, he suggested that we split a half-size salad, and split a side of the sauteed mushrooms. All of his suggestions were right on the mark! The location is great as it is just 2 blocks from the John Hancock Building. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceMimiDined on 6/25/2014This was a wonderful experience for our daughters birthday dinner. The food was absolutely amazing. We had the steaks and shared the generous side items that were deliciously and wonderfully prepared. Our friendly server sliced up our steak and individually placed it on our plates by our table as we were all sharing the generously proportioned delicious steaks. A must recommend restraunt and we will be returning next time we are in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.