1 South Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60603Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3123841900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and Off-site is available. Off-premise capabilities are limitless. Whether it be at the office, a museum, an outdoor facility or even your home, Rosebud Catering & Events will come to you with a promise to provide an uncompromising level of excellence that is Rosebud. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Entertainment: Join us on any weekday for Prime Time at Rosebud Prime: an evening of Chef's specials from 4-6pm! Local artists, including Dean Allrick will enhance the elegant atmosphere with live piano entertainment starting at 4:30pm M-Th and Friday and Saturday jazz!
- Special Events: Join us when you enjoy an evening at the Theater!
- Cross Street: Madison Street
- Public Transit: The restaurant is conveniently located by two "L" lines, the blue line in front of the restaurant at Monroe and the red line at State and Monroe.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Rosebud Prime offers valet parking for $14 per car for first 3 hours, $20 thereafter
A word from Rosebud Prime
Rosebud introduces an elegant steakhouse in the heart of the loop, amidst Chicago’s financial district and the finest entertainment venues in the city. Escape the everyday hustle and bustle inside this relaxing dining oasis and enjoy an unforgettable culinary experience. Offering classic steaks, chops, tender chicken entrees, seafood specialties and a hamburger, voted number one in the city of Chicago by the Chicago Tribune, Rosebud knows a thing or two about the fine art of cooking. Join us for a satisfying lunch before heading back to the office or for a romantic dinner before a show in Chicago’s famed theater district. The inviting atmosphere, impressive wine list and impeccable service at Rosebud Prime encompass the sophistication and style that only Rosebud can deliver. Now, you can enjoy Rosebud's classic Italian favorites on Sundays in addition to our usual steakhouse menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)great for lunch (45)great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (39)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (34)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (9)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Took my fiancée here for a romantic dinner. Everything was amazing from the ambiance to the service. The portions were great for the price and the food was delicious. Our server Eric was attentive and made sure that everything was just right. Next time we are in Chicago we will definitely be stopping by again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPamhDined on 10/18/2014The service, ambiance, and food was perfect. The wait staff was very good. Great location, and valet parking for the theater.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We had friends from out of town and I heard Rosebud Prime was a great place to go! This place was amazing the food, service and ambiance was great!! I would go back for a special occasion it is not a every day place very expensive! I totally recommend this place!!Special Features:
- Good, but needs changesJerryVIPDined on 10/15/2014Steak was great. Sides way to large for 2 better for 4. Wine list out of date, had wrong year listed. Given the new and old menues and had to ask which was current. For an upper end restaurant these mistakes should not be made.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12:30 Reservation but seated at 1.?FoodforThoughtDined on 10/14/2014I made my reservation in advance. I had a 12:30pm lunch time meeting. No table. No Table. No Table. Ask a question about the table... No eye contact. Finally seated 30 minutes late. Let's eat.... Ordered the Seafood Salad. The Wait Staff said it was the best thing on the menu. I think ..Great... It does not need to be cooked since I have lost time waiting for my table and my business guest has other appointments as well. The salad comes.....two shrimp...one egg....one salmon filet...maybe something else in the pile....and six pounds of iceberg lettuce. ICEBURG lettuce....all for $28 bucks... Needless to say I will never go back.
- JPEjojoDined on 10/12/2014The food was fantastic. The server was very good and helpful.Special Features:
- Spotty ServiceDalapVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had a 5:30 Sunday night reservation, with plenty of time before a 7:30 show. The hostess noted that the reservation showed it was my wife's birthday. The place was uncrowded but we were offered the table right next to the hostess stand, which we declined, and then one next to the wait stand, which we accepted, not wanting to be obnoxious. The waiter took our drink order and we said we wanted to take our time. He pushed us when he served them, and then three more times before we finally relented and ordered dinner. The bone-in filets were wonderful. He forgot the birthday celebration, plopped the check down with our coffee, never offering a dessert menu, let alone the customary freebie. My fifth and probably last visit this year.
- More than just steaksProfVIPDined on 10/11/2014great steaks, seafood, lamb. super sides. great wine listSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerDoggerDined on 10/10/2014Rosebud Prime was an almost random choice amongst the many restaurants in the Chicago Loop area - and turned out to be a good one! My steak was dry-aged for 21 days (pretty standard for a nice steakhouse), and was perfectly prepared... a really good steak. Try them for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Steak good, rest mediocrenotafavoriteDined on 10/7/2014The bone in rib eye was very good. However the beer batter onion rings had WAY too much batter and grease (thin strip of onion was 3/4 inch thick with greasy, fried batter). The onion soup was poor (I am an onion soup fan and order or make it myself often, would never order this one again.). the service was slow until we complained, then it was prompt. Noise level was on the high side but not intolerable. The wine list is good with some top wines (94-95 pts range and some 91-92) but priced at about 2.5X retail, and a few low end wines that are very reasonable if you are on a tight budget. Overall, OK but would not go back with so many excellent steak houses in Chicago.
- The Loops place for businessmactheknifeDined on 10/7/2014Probably the best place for a business lunch in Chicago. Great food you'd expect in a top flight steak house and the best service of any place downtownSpecial Features:
- RosebudTravellerDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I found Rosebud on my Poynt APP on my BlackBerry. The restaurant is warm with rich woods inside and they also have an outdoor dining area that we unfortunately could not take advantage of due to the weather. They have an ample wine list and knowledgeable wait staff. The food is fantastic, having my filet prepared perfectly with wonderful side dishes that are served a-la-cart. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great DinnerRickVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great food and awesome service. I frequent here for lunch during the week but was downtown for a concert a few blocks away. The staff is very attentive and really makes this place a gem.Special Features:
- location,location,locationVeryHappyDined on 10/3/2014Tables a tiny bit too close together, but the food is completely perfect.Special Features:
- Add an extra to the steakRyanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Had a simple meal there....got the special which was an 8oz filet topped with 4oz of crab meat and béarnaise sauce and a glass of Malbec. Tried a piece of the steak on its own and it was average for what you'd expect from a top steakhouse, but was excellent with the crab and béarnaise. This was my first time at this restaurant so would definitely go back the next time I'm in Chicago. Restaurant had nice ambience and service was professional.Special Features:
- Just So-SoTarponLarsDined on 9/28/2014We went to Rosebud on a Sunday night. It was less than 1/3 full. Although we were seated in a booth, we had continuous traffic as the wait staff buzzed by and set up trays next to our table as they were serving the other two tables on our side of the restaurant. The food was just okay and not on par with the prices they demand. My steak was undercooked. We were not asked if our steaks were cooked to our satisfaction when they were delivered to the table. The potatoes were uninspired. Our server went through the motions and seemed ready to bolt into the night so she could watch Survivor. The only survivors were the three of us in our dinner party. Will never go back there again.
- good food..excellent serviceAmberDined on 9/26/2014A group of my friends decided to go out to eat last minute and this was the place we selected based on good reviews from another person. Making the reservation 20 minutes before we got there, through OpenTable, was super easy. We walked right in and immediately received the best treatment. The food was great! My steak was perfect! We ordered sides that were served a la carte so we were extremely stuffed...lol. Our server was great! He suggested most of our meal choices of which we were extremely satisfied. I will be going back to this place really soon. I can't stop thinking about their mac and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a let downLetDownDined on 9/25/2014I eat out for business and pleasure all the time. I would label myself as a foodie.. I wanted Rosebud to be great, as I was entertaining guests. I am sorry to tell you the food was very mediocre. We had scallops, Mac & Cheese, Jalapeño Hash, Cauliflower Gratin (with no gratin!), and Bone-in Filet. The entire meal was entirely mediocre...Special Features:
- JUST OKCharlieFVIPDined on 9/18/2014My waiter was great but brought us the wrong side dish. My steak which was tasty was served luke warm. Overall I think they need to upgrade their food rather than their help.Special Features:
- Not just steaksProfVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our group loved the steak, seafood and lamb! Always great wine, cocktails and no special request (fresh sqeezed orange juice for a foreign visitor) is denied. Live piano music is an elegant plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitloveditDined on 9/16/2014First visit to Prime have been to other Rosebud locations, food is excellent, tables are a bit too crowded so you really have to maneuver around the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really not very goodDinerEatersVIPDined on 9/10/2014Rosebud restaurants are consistently good in service, food, and quality. This was a miss all the way around. Drinks took a long time, appetizer came cold with uncooked bacon, salads over dressed with aweful dressing, and food just bland.
- Our anniversary choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Our meal was delicious - just as we requested. The service hit that sweet spot, attentive but not intrusive. Our seating request was also honored. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago's finestArcadiafcVIPDined on 9/6/2014Was in Chicago dropping my son off to college. Chicago has so many wonderful steakhouses to choose from. Rosebud Prime must be at the top of the list. The steaks were top rated, prepared and presented in a first class manner. The side dishes were "family style" and delicious. Our waiter was a gem.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversryGnomeDined on 8/30/2014We had a 7:30 reservation, however we showed up at 7 and they seated us right away. Our waiter was Christopher and he was excellent in helping us choose a wine for my wife who does not usually care for red wines.(She does not care for the bitterness) He was able to find a red that she truly enjoyed. The atmosphere was excellent with live music near the bar. Ordered the Rose Buds signature bone in filet w/ wild mushrooms and the grilled steak with onions. We split the Truffled scallop potatoes. All were excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEicoffVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The waiter was very knowledgable of the menu and served our food in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!MuffyDined on 8/20/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic service, vegan inclusivePapapaulDined on 8/19/2014We were treated like royalty. My vegan daughter was cooked a creative and fantastic meal by Chef Brian. The atmosphere was perfect, including noise level and lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Four StarsChiGuyVIPDined on 8/11/2014One thing I can say about Rosebud Prime is that it is consistent! The food is always very good, the service is always very good, and the place always looks very good! I have never been disappointed and I have been there many times....and will be there many more times!Special Features:
- Excellent servicersteveDined on 8/10/2014Always good. The service is top notch. The bone in ribeye was cooked perfectly. The bar is perfection and knows how to make a martini. We went on a Sunday night early and there was, surprisingly, almost no one there.Special Features:
- REDTUBgenevaDined on 8/9/2014Excellent choice for steak. Preparation was excellent, service was superb. Will plan to return next opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagointhesummertimeDined on 8/8/2014Our steaks were tasty but could use a little more seasoning / aging...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatProfVIPDined on 8/7/2014great service wine and food. Steaks, vegetables, soups, salads, pork, fish, everythingSpecial Features:
- Great business DinnerTravndineDined on 8/5/2014Rosebud is a very nice classy place with great service and a very nice bar. I had a business dinner for six and the noise level was calm so we could hear each other in our conversation. The waiter was very attentive and managed the table well. I definately recommend Rosebud Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceJD65Dined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed a lovely evening eating outdoors. Service was tremendous, the steak was just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service second to nonelocalsDined on 7/30/2014The food was good but the service was the best part of our meal. Additionally, the seafood was super fresh! Great for groups as we had 6 and it was very easy, great lunch or dinner spot.Special Features:
- good steak, good servicecarldaddyDined on 7/26/2014Excellent steak. Downtown location means easy reservations and attentive service on the weekend instead of the mobs in the near north/miracle mile districts. Band kind of overwhelms conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!SuzyDined on 7/26/2014We were visiting from Arizona and I had eaten at Rosebud on Rush with my husband previously and loved it. I took my high school boys here for dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed everything we ate and drank. The steaks, broccoli, asparagus, chicken, wine, and salads were fabulous. Portions were big and even my two kids could not finish their meals. The service was wonderful. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & prompt for pre theaterGenevaDinerDined on 7/26/2014We chose Rosebud Prime for our pre-theater dinner and were not disappointed. We always try to dine somewhere new before we see a show on State Street, but this might have to be a repeat. restaurants. Wine choices were sufficient and not overwhelming. Service was prompt and always available, yet not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotAdmiralVIPDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had a great experience at Rosebud Prime on Saturday night. We enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and the live jazz band set the perfect mood. We started with the Maryland crab cake and the bacon wrapped scallops. The Maryland crab cake was large enough to be an entire meal (perfectly prepared). We then had the filet seasoned in garlic and then finished the night by sharing the key lime pie. It was a perfect meal for a perfect night. We loved our experience. The only issue we had was there was a slight longer delay between our salad and the entrée than we liked, but it was only a slight bother.Special Features: