1 South Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60603Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (312) 384-1900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and Off-site is available. Off-premise capabilities are limitless. Whether it be at the office, a museum, an outdoor facility or even your home, Rosebud Catering & Events will come to you with a promise to provide an uncompromising level of excellence that is Rosebud. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Entertainment: Join us on any weekday for Prime Time at Rosebud Prime: an evening of Chef's specials from 4-6pm! Local artists, including Dean Allrick will enhance the elegant atmosphere with live piano entertainment starting at 4:30pm M-Th and Friday and Saturday jazz!
- Special Events: Join us when you enjoy an evening at the Theater!
- Cross Street: Madison Street
- Public Transit: The restaurant is conveniently located by two "L" lines, the blue line in front of the restaurant at Monroe and the red line at State and Monroe.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Rosebud Prime offers valet parking for $14 per car for first 3 hours, $20 thereafter
A word from Rosebud Prime
Rosebud introduces an elegant steakhouse in the heart of the loop, amidst Chicago’s financial district and the finest entertainment venues in the city. Escape the everyday hustle and bustle inside this relaxing dining oasis and enjoy an unforgettable culinary experience. Offering classic steaks, chops, tender chicken entrees, seafood specialties and a hamburger, voted number one in the city of Chicago by the Chicago Tribune, Rosebud knows a thing or two about the fine art of cooking. Join us for a satisfying lunch before heading back to the office or for a romantic dinner before a show in Chicago’s famed theater district. The inviting atmosphere, impressive wine list and impeccable service at Rosebud Prime encompass the sophistication and style that only Rosebud can deliver. Now, you can enjoy Rosebud's classic Italian favorites on Sundays in addition to our usual steakhouse menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (38)romantic (33)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Business Dinner with Great Food and ServiceEddieDined on 11/18/2014Great experience, overall. We had a business dinner there and the waiter was very attentive, helpful and coordinated a strong team of servers to provide a great meal. Their signature steak, a bone-in filet mignon, was well prepared and the sides were quite good; some were unusual, like the "Corn Brulee", which was a corn custard with toasted parmesan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014When I arrived they had no record of my reservation. Thank goodness I had the email, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten a table and had guests with me from out of town. I would hesitate to use open table again, would call the restaurant directly instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Wonderful Culinary Treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2014We came downtown to see Bob Dylan. A great deal of time was spent researching various "name"restaurants and their menus before we made our reservation. Rosebud Prime's location and menu spoke to us, so it was selected for our 4:00 P.M. pre-show dinner. From the time we crossed the threshold to the time we finally made our exit, Rosebud Prime delighted us with wonderful food. We knew we had discovered and enjoyed a real slice of Heaven. Visit once and you will return again, and again, and again. Thanks to all who make Rosebud Prime such an exceptional place to dine! Five Stars!Special Features:
- A predictably good experienceChicaGwenDined on 11/6/2014Rosebud Prime always deliver. Hector is a great waitor, and the service can be relied on. There's enough of a buzz without being uncomfortably noisy. great menu, excellent presentation.Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 11/1/2014When we arrived, we were seated way back in the corner by the band, even though there were many tables still open........and remained open for a long time. Also, our chopped salad was drenched in dressing, so it was soggy and bland. We have no interest in returning to this restaurant.
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2014Went for a business lunch, and both the food and service were outstanding!Special Features:
- ConsistentcylunchgoerVIPDined on 10/24/2014Always a great meal. Friendly and prompt service. Plating is beautiful. Convenient location.Special Features:
- Best service!LisaVIPDined on 10/22/2014The service was fantastic from the valet & hostess to the waiter and then back to the valet! I had a delicious meal and was very well cared for :-)Special Features:
- Date NightFoodie02Dined on 10/18/2014Took my fiancée here for a romantic dinner. Everything was amazing from the ambiance to the service. The portions were great for the price and the food was delicious. Our server Eric was attentive and made sure that everything was just right. Next time we are in Chicago we will definitely be stopping by again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPamhDined on 10/18/2014The service, ambiance, and food was perfect. The wait staff was very good. Great location, and valet parking for the theater.Special Features:
- Amazing!KathyCDined on 10/18/2014We had friends from out of town and I heard Rosebud Prime was a great place to go! This place was amazing the food, service and ambiance was great!! I would go back for a special occasion it is not a every day place very expensive! I totally recommend this place!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014expensive restaurant but quality remains..also the waiters were not that friendly. Would not go there again. The amotsphere is nice but not worth the money.
- Will not be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I arrived with a group of 8, for a business lunch. When our server asked if he could put together an array of appetizers for the table I agreed. He immediately suggested shellfish (as the only option,) at that point I was uncomfortable to ask for other options. He proceeded to choose the most expensive items from the raw bar for our table. He did not put one single "appetizer" on the plate. Less than half of my guests ate the raw bar option. When we needed to leave prior to the check arriving, I tried to hand the server my credit card but he disappeared for almost 10 minutes, only to bring me a bill which I turned around and handed him the credit card. My guests already left for another appointment and I wasn't able to walk them out.
- Good, but needs changesJerryVIPDined on 10/15/2014Steak was great. Sides way to large for 2 better for 4. Wine list out of date, had wrong year listed. Given the new and old menues and had to ask which was current. For an upper end restaurant these mistakes should not be made.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12:30 Reservation but seated at 1.?FoodforThoughtDined on 10/14/2014I made my reservation in advance. I had a 12:30pm lunch time meeting. No table. No Table. No Table. Ask a question about the table... No eye contact. Finally seated 30 minutes late. Let's eat.... Ordered the Seafood Salad. The Wait Staff said it was the best thing on the menu. I think ..Great... It does not need to be cooked since I have lost time waiting for my table and my business guest has other appointments as well. The salad comes.....two shrimp...one egg....one salmon filet...maybe something else in the pile....and six pounds of iceberg lettuce. ICEBURG lettuce....all for $28 bucks... Needless to say I will never go back.
- JPEjojoDined on 10/12/2014The food was fantastic. The server was very good and helpful.Special Features:
- Spotty ServiceDalapVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had a 5:30 Sunday night reservation, with plenty of time before a 7:30 show. The hostess noted that the reservation showed it was my wife's birthday. The place was uncrowded but we were offered the table right next to the hostess stand, which we declined, and then one next to the wait stand, which we accepted, not wanting to be obnoxious. The waiter took our drink order and we said we wanted to take our time. He pushed us when he served them, and then three more times before we finally relented and ordered dinner. The bone-in filets were wonderful. He forgot the birthday celebration, plopped the check down with our coffee, never offering a dessert menu, let alone the customary freebie. My fifth and probably last visit this year.
- More than just steaksProfVIPDined on 10/11/2014great steaks, seafood, lamb. super sides. great wine listSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerDoggerDined on 10/10/2014Rosebud Prime was an almost random choice amongst the many restaurants in the Chicago Loop area - and turned out to be a good one! My steak was dry-aged for 21 days (pretty standard for a nice steakhouse), and was perfectly prepared... a really good steak. Try them for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Steak good, rest mediocrenotafavoriteDined on 10/7/2014The bone in rib eye was very good. However the beer batter onion rings had WAY too much batter and grease (thin strip of onion was 3/4 inch thick with greasy, fried batter). The onion soup was poor (I am an onion soup fan and order or make it myself often, would never order this one again.). the service was slow until we complained, then it was prompt. Noise level was on the high side but not intolerable. The wine list is good with some top wines (94-95 pts range and some 91-92) but priced at about 2.5X retail, and a few low end wines that are very reasonable if you are on a tight budget. Overall, OK but would not go back with so many excellent steak houses in Chicago.
- The Loops place for businessmactheknifeDined on 10/7/2014Probably the best place for a business lunch in Chicago. Great food you'd expect in a top flight steak house and the best service of any place downtownSpecial Features:
- RosebudTravellerDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I found Rosebud on my Poynt APP on my BlackBerry. The restaurant is warm with rich woods inside and they also have an outdoor dining area that we unfortunately could not take advantage of due to the weather. They have an ample wine list and knowledgeable wait staff. The food is fantastic, having my filet prepared perfectly with wonderful side dishes that are served a-la-cart. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great DinnerRickVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great food and awesome service. I frequent here for lunch during the week but was downtown for a concert a few blocks away. The staff is very attentive and really makes this place a gem.Special Features:
- location,location,locationVeryHappyDined on 10/3/2014Tables a tiny bit too close together, but the food is completely perfect.Special Features:
- Add an extra to the steakRyanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Had a simple meal there....got the special which was an 8oz filet topped with 4oz of crab meat and béarnaise sauce and a glass of Malbec. Tried a piece of the steak on its own and it was average for what you'd expect from a top steakhouse, but was excellent with the crab and béarnaise. This was my first time at this restaurant so would definitely go back the next time I'm in Chicago. Restaurant had nice ambience and service was professional.Special Features:
- Just So-SoTarponLarsDined on 9/28/2014We went to Rosebud on a Sunday night. It was less than 1/3 full. Although we were seated in a booth, we had continuous traffic as the wait staff buzzed by and set up trays next to our table as they were serving the other two tables on our side of the restaurant. The food was just okay and not on par with the prices they demand. My steak was undercooked. We were not asked if our steaks were cooked to our satisfaction when they were delivered to the table. The potatoes were uninspired. Our server went through the motions and seemed ready to bolt into the night so she could watch Survivor. The only survivors were the three of us in our dinner party. Will never go back there again.
- good food..excellent serviceAmberDined on 9/26/2014A group of my friends decided to go out to eat last minute and this was the place we selected based on good reviews from another person. Making the reservation 20 minutes before we got there, through OpenTable, was super easy. We walked right in and immediately received the best treatment. The food was great! My steak was perfect! We ordered sides that were served a la carte so we were extremely stuffed...lol. Our server was great! He suggested most of our meal choices of which we were extremely satisfied. I will be going back to this place really soon. I can't stop thinking about their mac and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a let downLetDownDined on 9/25/2014I eat out for business and pleasure all the time. I would label myself as a foodie.. I wanted Rosebud to be great, as I was entertaining guests. I am sorry to tell you the food was very mediocre. We had scallops, Mac & Cheese, Jalapeño Hash, Cauliflower Gratin (with no gratin!), and Bone-in Filet. The entire meal was entirely mediocre...Special Features:
- JUST OKCharlieFVIPDined on 9/18/2014My waiter was great but brought us the wrong side dish. My steak which was tasty was served luke warm. Overall I think they need to upgrade their food rather than their help.Special Features:
- Not just steaksProfVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our group loved the steak, seafood and lamb! Always great wine, cocktails and no special request (fresh sqeezed orange juice for a foreign visitor) is denied. Live piano music is an elegant plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitloveditDined on 9/16/2014First visit to Prime have been to other Rosebud locations, food is excellent, tables are a bit too crowded so you really have to maneuver around the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really not very goodDinerEatersVIPDined on 9/10/2014Rosebud restaurants are consistently good in service, food, and quality. This was a miss all the way around. Drinks took a long time, appetizer came cold with uncooked bacon, salads over dressed with aweful dressing, and food just bland.
- Our anniversary choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Our meal was delicious - just as we requested. The service hit that sweet spot, attentive but not intrusive. Our seating request was also honored. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago's finestArcadiafcVIPDined on 9/6/2014Was in Chicago dropping my son off to college. Chicago has so many wonderful steakhouses to choose from. Rosebud Prime must be at the top of the list. The steaks were top rated, prepared and presented in a first class manner. The side dishes were "family style" and delicious. Our waiter was a gem.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversryGnomeDined on 8/30/2014We had a 7:30 reservation, however we showed up at 7 and they seated us right away. Our waiter was Christopher and he was excellent in helping us choose a wine for my wife who does not usually care for red wines.(She does not care for the bitterness) He was able to find a red that she truly enjoyed. The atmosphere was excellent with live music near the bar. Ordered the Rose Buds signature bone in filet w/ wild mushrooms and the grilled steak with onions. We split the Truffled scallop potatoes. All were excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEicoffVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The waiter was very knowledgable of the menu and served our food in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!MuffyDined on 8/20/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic service, vegan inclusivePapapaulDined on 8/19/2014We were treated like royalty. My vegan daughter was cooked a creative and fantastic meal by Chef Brian. The atmosphere was perfect, including noise level and lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Four StarsChiGuyVIPDined on 8/11/2014One thing I can say about Rosebud Prime is that it is consistent! The food is always very good, the service is always very good, and the place always looks very good! I have never been disappointed and I have been there many times....and will be there many more times!Special Features:
- Excellent servicersteveDined on 8/10/2014Always good. The service is top notch. The bone in ribeye was cooked perfectly. The bar is perfection and knows how to make a martini. We went on a Sunday night early and there was, surprisingly, almost no one there.Special Features: