1 South Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60603Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3123841900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and Off-site is available. Off-premise capabilities are limitless. Whether it be at the office, a museum, an outdoor facility or even your home, Rosebud Catering & Events will come to you with a promise to provide an uncompromising level of excellence that is Rosebud. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Entertainment: Join us on any weekday for Prime Time at Rosebud Prime: an evening of Chef's specials from 4-6pm! Local artists, including Dean Allrick will enhance the elegant atmosphere with live piano entertainment starting at 4:30pm M-Th and Friday and Saturday jazz!
- Special Events: Join us when you enjoy an evening at the Theater!
- Cross Street: Madison Street
- Public Transit: The restaurant is conveniently located by two "L" lines, the blue line in front of the restaurant at Monroe and the red line at State and Monroe.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Rosebud Prime offers valet parking for $14 per car for first 3 hours, $20 thereafter
A word from Rosebud Prime
Rosebud introduces an elegant steakhouse in the heart of the loop, amidst Chicago’s financial district and the finest entertainment venues in the city. Escape the everyday hustle and bustle inside this relaxing dining oasis and enjoy an unforgettable culinary experience. Offering classic steaks, chops, tender chicken entrees, seafood specialties and a hamburger, voted number one in the city of Chicago by the Chicago Tribune, Rosebud knows a thing or two about the fine art of cooking. Join us for a satisfying lunch before heading back to the office or for a romantic dinner before a show in Chicago’s famed theater district. The inviting atmosphere, impressive wine list and impeccable service at Rosebud Prime encompass the sophistication and style that only Rosebud can deliver. Now, you can enjoy Rosebud's classic Italian favorites on Sundays in addition to our usual steakhouse menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)great for outdoor dining (77)great for lunch (55)romantic (51)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (11)great for brunch (9)scenic view (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Wedding AnniversryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We had a 7:30 reservation, however we showed up at 7 and they seated us right away. Our waiter was Christopher and he was excellent in helping us choose a wine for my wife who does not usually care for red wines.(She does not care for the bitterness) He was able to find a red that she truly enjoyed. The atmosphere was excellent with live music near the bar. Ordered the Rose Buds signature bone in filet w/ wild mushrooms and the grilled steak with onions. We split the Truffled scallop potatoes. All were excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEicoffVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The waiter was very knowledgable of the menu and served our food in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!MuffyDined on 8/20/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic service, vegan inclusivePapapaulDined on 8/19/2014We were treated like royalty. My vegan daughter was cooked a creative and fantastic meal by Chef Brian. The atmosphere was perfect, including noise level and lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Four StarsChiGuyVIPDined on 8/11/2014One thing I can say about Rosebud Prime is that it is consistent! The food is always very good, the service is always very good, and the place always looks very good! I have never been disappointed and I have been there many times....and will be there many more times!Special Features:
- Excellent servicersteveDined on 8/10/2014Always good. The service is top notch. The bone in ribeye was cooked perfectly. The bar is perfection and knows how to make a martini. We went on a Sunday night early and there was, surprisingly, almost no one there.Special Features:
- REDTUBgenevaDined on 8/9/2014Excellent choice for steak. Preparation was excellent, service was superb. Will plan to return next opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagointhesummertimeDined on 8/8/2014Our steaks were tasty but could use a little more seasoning / aging...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatProfVIPDined on 8/7/2014great service wine and food. Steaks, vegetables, soups, salads, pork, fish, everythingSpecial Features:
- Great business DinnerTravndineDined on 8/5/2014Rosebud is a very nice classy place with great service and a very nice bar. I had a business dinner for six and the noise level was calm so we could hear each other in our conversation. The waiter was very attentive and managed the table well. I definately recommend Rosebud Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceJD65Dined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed a lovely evening eating outdoors. Service was tremendous, the steak was just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service second to nonelocalsDined on 7/30/2014The food was good but the service was the best part of our meal. Additionally, the seafood was super fresh! Great for groups as we had 6 and it was very easy, great lunch or dinner spot.Special Features:
- good steak, good servicecarldaddyDined on 7/26/2014Excellent steak. Downtown location means easy reservations and attentive service on the weekend instead of the mobs in the near north/miracle mile districts. Band kind of overwhelms conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!SuzyDined on 7/26/2014We were visiting from Arizona and I had eaten at Rosebud on Rush with my husband previously and loved it. I took my high school boys here for dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed everything we ate and drank. The steaks, broccoli, asparagus, chicken, wine, and salads were fabulous. Portions were big and even my two kids could not finish their meals. The service was wonderful. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & prompt for pre theaterGenevaDinerDined on 7/26/2014We chose Rosebud Prime for our pre-theater dinner and were not disappointed. We always try to dine somewhere new before we see a show on State Street, but this might have to be a repeat. restaurants. Wine choices were sufficient and not overwhelming. Service was prompt and always available, yet not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotAdmiralVIPDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had a great experience at Rosebud Prime on Saturday night. We enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and the live jazz band set the perfect mood. We started with the Maryland crab cake and the bacon wrapped scallops. The Maryland crab cake was large enough to be an entire meal (perfectly prepared). We then had the filet seasoned in garlic and then finished the night by sharing the key lime pie. It was a perfect meal for a perfect night. We loved our experience. The only issue we had was there was a slight longer delay between our salad and the entrée than we liked, but it was only a slight bother.Special Features:
- Do not miss this experience.PrplpassionsDined on 7/26/2014We wanted to take our friend out for a very special dinner after he received his degree. He and his wife had never been out to restaurant of this caliber before. We ordered the Steamed mussels and Alaskan King Crab for appetizers, the Tomahawk steaks, Delmonico steak, and Jumbo Pan Seared Scallops for entrees. Every bite just melted in our mouths. Our waiter Adam was the best I have ever seen. He was extremely knowledgable about the entire menu and he had a wonderful sense of humor. We were impressed that even though this is an upscale restaurant, the atmosphere was not at all stuffy. The waiters all wore tuxedos but made us feel like we were at home. If I ever return to Chicago, I will most definitely be wanting a reservation.Special Features:
- NickyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was delicious, steaks were cooked properly. Service could not have been better. Only real complaint is that our outdoor table was small for a party of 4. A great find for pre-theatre or pre-symphony.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Very Pricey and the staff was not friendly. Food took a long time to come out.Special Features:
- Business lunchlbmartinetDined on 7/23/2014Excellent service at business lunch. Our server was excellent; everything was impeccably served and was great tasting.Special Features:
- superbProfVIPDined on 7/17/2014Always great service, food and wine. Not to be missed with outdoor seating, live piano music indoors, and a great bar!Special Features:
- Great pre-theaterFoodloverDined on 7/12/2014Not only is Rosebud Prime a convenient spot for dining prior to attending a show in the loop, the food and service are wonderful.Special Features:
- Louis23Dined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceBeerloversspouseVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food was very good and generous portions, but our waiter seemed very distracted. It was almost like he looked over our heads and did not want to serve us. At one point, he was serving us while looking at the front door - maybe looking for his next table?
- Great ServerChicagosslVIPDined on 7/2/2014We had Adam as our server. He was excellent. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but close.Sardines7Dined on 6/28/2014All was absolutely perfect, but tables of half booth and half chairs were way too close together. Had to move tables to get in and out. Food and service were fantastic, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Aniv.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014We had a great experience. The service and food were what we would have expected.Special Features:
- AsquaredDined on 6/24/2014While a steak place, the seafood specials were excellentSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014The food, excellent. The service, excellent. The location, excellent. A must stopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinner, butDaveandDiDined on 6/22/2014Food is good but Steaks are expensive. My wife and I split a Tomahawk at $88. Nice piece of meat but not for that price. Waiter cut it in 2, slicing the bone onto the floor. Was reheated and brought back out. Baked potato undercooked. We were going to take the bone home. But it was taken off the table without given the option. Great location in Theater district. Overall I enjoyed my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping?wilmcvVIPDined on 6/21/2014We went to Rosebud Prime for a special occasion because the last time we dined here it was exceptional. This time we were not as impressed. Rosebud is priced as a high end steak place, so the steaks should always be perfect. Ours were overcooked. Service was OK, but not exceptional. Hopefully, this was an aberration, because we have really enjoyed Rosebud Prime in the past.
- buckwheatDined on 6/21/2014My friend and I had a great time celebrating our birthdays. The food and music were great. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Chicago SteakhouseDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014All the trappings of an old-style Chicago steakhouse, but in a lovely up-to-date setting. I've eaten here many times, and it never disappoints. The filet oscar was melt-in-your mouth great! Fabulous wine list with prices that don't break the bank. And, the live jazz ensemble on Saturday night is to a wonderful touch to a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014We had a rather large, disparate group of diners and our seasoned waiter, Danilo, and his team managed us beautifully. They even brought my graduate a special dessert, which was charming and unexpected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allroundgoodguyDined on 6/16/2014Great for a business lunch. Good food. Business-like atmosphere, but it can be crowded and the tables are too close together for any private conversations if that is true. Pricey. Nothing on the lunch menu under $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceDinahVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a 6:30 reservation and told waiter we were going to a play at 8:00. We gave order at 6:50, no appetizers. At 7:45 still no dinner. We had to leave without eating in order to make play. Frankly, in their location, theatre would be the only thing driving their business. Very disappointed. No one was very apologetic either.Special Features:
- DisappointingeileenVIPDined on 6/13/2014Was a great restaurant when it first opened. Perfect spot for the Shubert theater, but that's about it. We live in neighborhood, and we were very disappointed with service and food. Felt like a convention dinner.
- Fabulous mealRickDined on 6/12/2014An outstanding dinner in every way. Add it to your list.Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphere at LunchLKSullivanVIPDined on 6/11/2014We enjoyed the Caprese Salad with Crab as an appetizer - highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Service impeccableFoodie54Dined on 6/8/2014Food is consistently good for a steakhouse. But the service is outstanding.