Rosebud on Rush
720 N. Rush St.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Rosebud on Rush
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3122666444x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 11:00 am-3:00pm LUNCH
Friday 11:00 am-3:00pm LUNCH
Saturday 9:00am-12:00pm BRUNCH
Sunday 9:00am-12:00pm BRUNCH
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by our renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by our off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
A word from Rosebud on Rush
If it’s the pure joy of that first delicious bite, elegant atmosphere, and a sprinkling of laughter you’re looking for, then join us at Rosebud on Rush. Housed in a charming renovated brownstone and conveniently located off Chicago’s bustling Magnificent Mile, experience an extraordinary meal made with authentic Italian recipes passed down from generation to generation. With a reputation for being one of America’s top ten restaurants, you can’t go wrong with succulent, juicy steaks, classic pork and lamb chops, and longtime pasta favorites like our homemade rigatoni in flavorful, tomato vodka sauce. Catering to locals, tourists and movie stars alike, you can't get much closer to the action than Rosebud on Rush. Enjoy two levels of spacious, yet intimate fine dining, the best people watching in the city and the convenience of valet parking.Continued
Unfortunately, reservation requests for the outdoor patio cannot be taken online.
Unfortunately, reservation requests for the outdoor patio cannot be taken online.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud on Rush reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (102)neighborhood gem (97)good for groups (88)special occasion (84)fit for foodies (55)romantic (55)hot spot (39)notable wine list (38)kid-friendly (32)great for lunch (28)great for brunch (16)late-night find (13)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Hoppin good ItalianFrankieVIPDined on 9/29/2014We had a great time here. Waiter was attentive and friendly but not intrusive. Veal saltimbocca, very good. Norwegian salmon, also good. Veggie comination plate outstanding; somebody finally knows how to make perfect sauteed veg w/garlic. Grilled peach w/ burrata on arugula, amazing. Prosecco is a little too citrusy if you buy the one by the glass (a split). Fun place, very, very noisy; you can shout and the table next to you can barely hear you . Not that that is desirable, but, the place was packed, it was fun, and the later and boozier it got, the louder.Special Features:
- Great food. Very loudLocalDined on 9/27/2014The title says it all -- I've never had a bad meal here. I also have a tough time hearing my dinner companions.Special Features:
- Rosebud On RushOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Unanticipated weekend in Chi town after self destructive nut job set fire to Aurora radar center cancelling my flights. Tourist hangout. Very loud, tight seating. 2 levels with outdoor seating (weather permitting). Bathroom in basement and very narrow and steep stairs to second level. That said, our food was great, outstanding fun waiter. Very large food portions, so realistically entrée could be shared. Able to get reservation on open table same evening for dinner & got seated upon arrival. Recommend if in the area looking for above average "stick to your ribs" Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Did not get the Table we reserved 4 weeks in advance. Noise level was incredible high, nearly impossible to have a conversation. Food and service was good as we knew it from the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sexxyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Consistently good food generous portions & great serviceSpecial Features:
- Large menu - even larger portionsBC71Dined on 9/23/2014I had a business dinner meeting here for 4 people on a Tuesday night. We arrived early, were seated fairly quickly. Menu is lengthly and diverse. The size of our meals were ridulously large - no one was able to finish their dinner. Staff was attentive. Only issue was our meal arrived within seconds of getting our appetizer (server explained he was not aware the special shrimp appetizer would take so long to come out). Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind when ordering. Parking at this location is tough since it's Rush street - would advise using Valet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place....FabianDined on 9/23/2014It really disappoints. Great location, food and atmosphere and not expensive.Special Features:
- Rosebud! Yes!LouisvilleMickDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I come to this restaurant when we make it in to Chicago. The service has always been excellent along with the food. Great value! We enjoy drinks at the bar before dinner.Special Features:
- Gold Coast Gemmagnum919Dined on 9/18/2014Classic Italian fare with interesting specials and impressive wine selection. We found the service to be snappy (quick) and courteous, even though the restaurant was quite busy. Would heartily recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudoutwithfriendsVIPDined on 9/17/2014The pork chop is fantastic and the service is fair to good but having been there multiple times, it is very loud. Tough to have conversayion without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceHazelDined on 9/17/2014So many places to choose from in Chicago. Definitely glad I chose the Rosebud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it for our big group dinner!Foodie4lifeDined on 9/16/2014I took some customers out for dinner and we all loved it! The service was great and very responsive. Food was amazing with over generous portions and great presentation. Best Tiramisu I've ever had! My only complaint was the noise level; pretty loud, but it does settle down after 9:30pm. I would definitely recommend for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenlyLaneChange911Dined on 9/12/2014Impeccable service. Water always topped. Food taste and presentation outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooditalianeatsDined on 9/12/2014Way to crowded and noisy, but took me back to the Italian bistros. Food was beyond excellent.Special Features:
- Great food: high noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2014Great food and service; real noisy especially upstairs. Great Chicago tradition, just need to wait to after dinner to go outside to talk about it.Special Features:
- Excellent diningMaybonesVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great Food. Don't miss this restaurant when in town. You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Very good food.JLBcottageVIPDined on 9/7/2014Dined outside on Sunday, 9/7/14, which was very nice. The food was very good, however, the server was a little flustered during the beginning of the meal, though had nothing to do with our table. We didn't really order until 15-20 minutes after we sat down. She also seemed abrupt in the beginning but overall it improved during the meal. Overall, the food was very good and we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A review by a true ItalianChicagoFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Rosebud is a true classic southern Italian Restaurant that started in the old neighborhood. That's what us Italian Chicagoans call the original Italian area that was settled in Chicago, we never use Little Italy. The food quality is exceptional, the quantity is actually too much and the service was as good as it gets. If you are not extremely trilled with your dinner, it will be surprising to me.Special Features:
- Business Dinner AgainTimeZoneTravelerVIPDined on 9/5/2014RoR is always a great place, but if conversation is what you are looking for when it comes to a business dinner, you might want to reconsider. It is a very loud dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceDininginChicagoDined on 9/5/2014While the restaurant was a little loud due to big groups around us, the food and service more than made up for it. Their chicken Parmesan is AMAZING and I have leftovers for days. Our waiter was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Both mine and my husband's dinner had no flavor whatsoever. I had the chicken piccata with penne and vodka sauce (which was tasty but very thin) and my husband had the lasagna with unseasoned ground beef. I felt bad adding salt to everything but otherwise it didn't taste like anything!
- Old stand-byeddieDined on 9/3/2014Always enjoy it. Went back for anniversary dinner and weren't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian in ChicagoluvchicagoDined on 8/31/2014We dine at Rosebud every time we visit Chicago. If you love italian food this should be on your list. The tortellini and pasta alla vodka are two of our favorites. The sauces are creamy and very flavorful. The spaghetti with meatballs is a huge portion. The meatballs are giant but very tender and juicy. My son recently tried the Chicken Piccata which looked rather plain when it arrived on the plate but he said the piccata sauce was excellent and the chicken was melt in your mouth. I knew it must have been good because he is a very picky eater and his plate was clean. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. The restaurant has been crowded every time we've been there so they must be doing something right.Special Features:
- We will be back!1EagleDined on 8/30/2014Rosebud is just a few short blocks off Michigan and a great find all the way around. My wife had the spaghetti and meatballs which turned out to be two 8 oz. meatballs and what looked like a pound of pasta and sauce, both of which were excellent. I had the parmesan crusted pork chops expecting to get two normal sized chops. The chops were 10 oz. each like Iowa Chops and I am thinking the best I have had anywhere. We were traveling but fortunately had a cooler with us so the leftovers went back to our room with us and then home. Great spot, give it a try. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now Thatsa Big Meat-a-ball-aJennDaDined on 8/29/2014Took my 13-year old daughter to Rosebud on Rush while we were in town for a girls weekend. Food was wonderful and plentiful. One meatball is a meal! We had very good service. Got the Grandmas Chocolate Cake to go and it was delicious. Will definitely go back next time we visit...but will bring a bigger appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousCindyinChicagoDined on 8/22/20147 for dinner. Huge portions - great service. Very impressed with the entire experience. Sad that we found this on our last night in Chicago. Reservations so easy with open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My FavoritesLinnieDined on 8/22/2014When in Chicago I love to dine at Rosebud. Food is always topnotch with very generous portions. The wine list is varied enough in price and selection to suit most diners. In suitable weather try the outside dining as the noise level outside is far less "energetic" than inside.Special Features:
- Go somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014Thought this would be a great Italian restaurant. Bugs in our drink was a good sign that there was more to come. Ordered a dish with pancetta. It was cut big and very chewy. The other dish was linguini with broccoli and shrimp. Sooo much water in the bowl. Shrimp over cooked, broccoli under cooked. Not much flavor in either dish. Very pricey for not that great of a mealSpecial Features:
- Extremely loud restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Our food at the Rosebud on Tues., Aug 19th, was good, not excellent, but good. I had whitefish which I specified to be very well done, not mushy. It was mushy & not very flavorful. The salads were good & the service was very good. The noise level was unbelievable. We had to yell at each other to talk, & finally we just gave up. We could not wait to get out of there. We do not have an issue with energetic restaurants, but this was unbelievable. We would have eaten outside, but there was a chance of rain. We will not eat there again, unless it is outside.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014I have dined at Rosebuds many times throughout the years but the last 2 times, it has been a disappointment. Service was slow and the food quality wasn't close to what I've experienced in the past. This last visit, I asked for iced tea twice before it was delivered and when it finally was, it was sour. When I told the server that, he didn't even remove the mostly untouched glass from the table. I was a bit embarrassed for bringing a business group to Rosebuds on this most recent occasion.Special Features:
- Food was good!CherDined on 8/16/2014The food was very good, however the service felt very rushed, we were not finished with one course before they served the next. It was extremely loud and there were unruly kids! It was a better experience when that large table left. Our waiter did forget to put in our side orders, everything is ala'cart. The sides came when we were finished with our meals, really should not have paid for those. The dessert was a home run! Would I go back, yes, the food was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Chilian Sea Bass was overcooked and potatoes were burnt on the bottom. It seemed that there was a lot of time sitting and waiting for food, for refills, for check. Everyone was friendly just not a great experience. I would try it again, I have been to other Rosebud locations and had great experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMBKmommaDined on 8/15/2014We can not say enough about Rosebud. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian, Family FriendlySnapFoodLoveDined on 8/9/2014Classic Italian dishes, delicious eggplant salad and chicken marsala. Food was filling and portions are big enough to share. Wait staff is competent and friendly, but not overly attentive, what I expected for the price point. The ambiance is family friendly, fun, clean and themed, but not an elegant Italian restaurant, more of a family-style place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceWolfgangDined on 8/9/2014Good Italian but we were packed in like sardines. Table was right next to the bar and we kept getting bumped and hit with purses. Oh well! Still worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!TopgunsDined on 8/9/2014Rosebud on Rush is the best Italian restaurant in the city. The employees there are outstanding. We have reservations for 2 Saturday night, the place was jammed and unexpectedly friends came in town to meet us a surprise and they shuffled things around for us to accommodate 6 of us! You do not find that type of extra effort in many places. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in ChicagoMoonbeamDined on 8/9/2014One of the best Italian food ever, very fresh and vibrant. Wonderful corner bistro, with good outside dining (although a little noisy as it sits on a busy street). Wait staff attentive and friendly. Excellent wine list. I must visit in Chicago.Special Features:
- We loveHankster42Dined on 8/9/2014As usual great food, service and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic italianjamdermDined on 8/9/2014delicious lunch - salmon salad, calamari, veal marsala, meatball sandwich, caprese salad. all fresh and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good server, bad hostessChiDinningDined on 8/8/2014Everything about the food and wait staff was great, but the hostess', even during a time they weren't too busy, rushed us through and didn't listen to what I wanted as far as seating. They refused to let me ask questions about the patio, sat us in the spefic back area I didn't want, and because they didn't answer my question about the time the patio closes, we were rushed out after having purchased a bottle of wine with our Meal that we didn't have time to finish because the patio closed.Special Features: