Rosebud on Rush
720 N. Rush St.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Rosebud on Rush
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3122666444x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 11:00 am-3:00pm LUNCH
Friday 11:00 am-3:00pm LUNCH
Saturday 9:00am-12:00pm BRUNCH
Sunday 9:00am-12:00pm BRUNCH
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by our renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by our off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
A word from Rosebud on Rush
If it’s the pure joy of that first delicious bite, elegant atmosphere, and a sprinkling of laughter you’re looking for, then join us at Rosebud on Rush. Housed in a charming renovated brownstone and conveniently located off Chicago’s bustling Magnificent Mile, experience an extraordinary meal made with authentic Italian recipes passed down from generation to generation. With a reputation for being one of America’s top ten restaurants, you can’t go wrong with succulent, juicy steaks, classic pork and lamb chops, and longtime pasta favorites like our homemade rigatoni in flavorful, tomato vodka sauce. Catering to locals, tourists and movie stars alike, you can't get much closer to the action than Rosebud on Rush. Enjoy two levels of spacious, yet intimate fine dining, the best people watching in the city and the convenience of valet parking.Continued
Unfortunately, reservation requests for the outdoor patio cannot be taken online.
Unfortunately, reservation requests for the outdoor patio cannot be taken online.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud on Rush reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (102)neighborhood gem (95)good for groups (92)special occasion (81)fit for foodies (65)romantic (59)hot spot (45)notable wine list (40)great for lunch (32)kid-friendly (29)great for brunch (17)late-night find (17)scenic view (12)vibrant bar scene (9)Show More
- Very energeticlunchgoerDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I haven't been @ this Rosebud for quite a long time. We tried it again. The food was better than ever, BUT the noise level was unbearable. We were upstairs.Special Features:
- Best Italian in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Great food, Great atmosphere, what more can we say. We can admit that this restaurant is one of the best Italians that you can have in downtown Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We ended up there earlier then the reservation. We were able to be seated immediately. The food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2014Food is expensive for what you get. Server was not very good. There are other better Italian restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Memorable experienceDowntowngirlDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I wanted to take my sister and her husband out for a beautiful dinner (who were visiting us from Belgium). They loved the restaurant and said it was the best pasta they ever had. The service was perfect, our waitress was informative with the dishes and wines which allowed us to choose our meal with confidence and excitement. Thank you for a memorable experience.Special Features:
- KenandKarDined on 10/10/2014Very good food. Excellent service. Very loud. Very friendly crowd and place. White sangria was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining spotNorthstar100Dined on 10/8/2014Just off the Magnificent Mile in Chicago, this Italian restaurant was amazing. In a city of amazing Italian food, this one stands out. The caprese salad was just beautiful and perfectly seasoned and the bolognese was heavenly. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2014We've visited Chicago many times with our kids, ages 13 &10. They've grown up eating at upscale restaurants and because they wanted a nice Italian meal we chose Rosebud. The food was great but our waiter was extremely standoffish and the only thing I can think of is it was because we had our kids with us. It is definitely an after work/business dinner scene but they are well behaved and not picky eaters. He clearly waited on other tables before ours the entire meal. I didn't expect him to "hurry" because we had kids but he could have been more considerate with our time. We were planning to take our time with our meal even I got frustrated and anxious with how long it took. There are too many great places to choose from so we won't be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy cannoli!!IheartChicagoDined on 10/5/2014The service was wonderful and the food is phenomenal!! A very classy restaurant, without feeling stuffy and breaking the bank!! I cannot wait to dine here again! My all time favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningTmcubbiesDined on 10/5/2014Took my aunt and uncle here the other night and everything was outstanding. The same very generous portions but I love having the leftovers! Our waitress was attentive and courteous, answering all of our questions. Thank you again for a great night!Special Features:
- New Favorite RestaurantexplicitDined on 10/4/2014I actually just googled "restaurants in chicago" as i was looking for a place to take my girlfriend but didnt know where to. I was just scrolling and scrolling until i just clicked on the first one that said "italian food." I told my girlfriend that the unexpected things are the best ones. And inded they are. We both loved the restaurant and everything about it. Awsome place and i actually already recommended it to a few friends. Will definitely visit again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceRJJNDined on 9/30/2014The food was excellent and the service was fantastic! We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!CotrupeDined on 9/29/2014This is a never fail, go to, high end Italian restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoppin good ItalianFrankieVIPDined on 9/29/2014We had a great time here. Waiter was attentive and friendly but not intrusive. Veal saltimbocca, very good. Norwegian salmon, also good. Veggie comination plate outstanding; somebody finally knows how to make perfect sauteed veg w/garlic. Grilled peach w/ burrata on arugula, amazing. Prosecco is a little too citrusy if you buy the one by the glass (a split). Fun place, very, very noisy; you can shout and the table next to you can barely hear you . Not that that is desirable, but, the place was packed, it was fun, and the later and boozier it got, the louder.Special Features:
- FlexibilityJoeyDined on 9/28/2014Easily dealt with our group as it grew from 6 to 9.Special Features:
- Great food. Very loudLocalDined on 9/27/2014The title says it all -- I've never had a bad meal here. I also have a tough time hearing my dinner companions.Special Features:
- Rosebud On RushRosebudDined on 9/27/2014Unanticipated weekend in Chi town after self destructive nut job set fire to Aurora radar center cancelling my flights. Tourist hangout. Very loud, tight seating. 2 levels with outdoor seating (weather permitting). Bathroom in basement and very narrow and steep stairs to second level. That said, our food was great, outstanding fun waiter. Very large food portions, so realistically entrée could be shared. Able to get reservation on open table same evening for dinner & got seated upon arrival. Recommend if in the area looking for above average "stick to your ribs" Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Did not get the Table we reserved 4 weeks in advance. Noise level was incredible high, nearly impossible to have a conversation. Food and service was good as we knew it from the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sexxyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Consistently good food generous portions & great serviceSpecial Features:
- Large menu - even larger portionsBC71Dined on 9/23/2014I had a business dinner meeting here for 4 people on a Tuesday night. We arrived early, were seated fairly quickly. Menu is lengthly and diverse. The size of our meals were ridulously large - no one was able to finish their dinner. Staff was attentive. Only issue was our meal arrived within seconds of getting our appetizer (server explained he was not aware the special shrimp appetizer would take so long to come out). Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind when ordering. Parking at this location is tough since it's Rush street - would advise using Valet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place....FabianVIPDined on 9/23/2014It really disappoints. Great location, food and atmosphere and not expensive.Special Features:
- Rosebud! Yes!LouisvilleMickDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I come to this restaurant when we make it in to Chicago. The service has always been excellent along with the food. Great value! We enjoy drinks at the bar before dinner.Special Features:
- Gold Coast Gemmagnum919Dined on 9/18/2014Classic Italian fare with interesting specials and impressive wine selection. We found the service to be snappy (quick) and courteous, even though the restaurant was quite busy. Would heartily recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudoutwithfriendsVIPDined on 9/17/2014The pork chop is fantastic and the service is fair to good but having been there multiple times, it is very loud. Tough to have conversayion without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceHazelDined on 9/17/2014So many places to choose from in Chicago. Definitely glad I chose the Rosebud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it for our big group dinner!Foodie4lifeDined on 9/16/2014I took some customers out for dinner and we all loved it! The service was great and very responsive. Food was amazing with over generous portions and great presentation. Best Tiramisu I've ever had! My only complaint was the noise level; pretty loud, but it does settle down after 9:30pm. I would definitely recommend for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenlyLaneChange911Dined on 9/12/2014Impeccable service. Water always topped. Food taste and presentation outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooditalianeatsDined on 9/12/2014Way to crowded and noisy, but took me back to the Italian bistros. Food was beyond excellent.Special Features:
- Great food: high noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2014Great food and service; real noisy especially upstairs. Great Chicago tradition, just need to wait to after dinner to go outside to talk about it.Special Features:
- Excellent diningMaybonesVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great Food. Don't miss this restaurant when in town. You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Very good food.JLBcottageVIPDined on 9/7/2014Dined outside on Sunday, 9/7/14, which was very nice. The food was very good, however, the server was a little flustered during the beginning of the meal, though had nothing to do with our table. We didn't really order until 15-20 minutes after we sat down. She also seemed abrupt in the beginning but overall it improved during the meal. Overall, the food was very good and we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A review by a true ItalianChicagoFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Rosebud is a true classic southern Italian Restaurant that started in the old neighborhood. That's what us Italian Chicagoans call the original Italian area that was settled in Chicago, we never use Little Italy. The food quality is exceptional, the quantity is actually too much and the service was as good as it gets. If you are not extremely trilled with your dinner, it will be surprising to me.Special Features:
- Business Dinner AgainTimeZoneTravelerVIPDined on 9/5/2014RoR is always a great place, but if conversation is what you are looking for when it comes to a business dinner, you might want to reconsider. It is a very loud dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceDininginChicagoDined on 9/5/2014While the restaurant was a little loud due to big groups around us, the food and service more than made up for it. Their chicken Parmesan is AMAZING and I have leftovers for days. Our waiter was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Both mine and my husband's dinner had no flavor whatsoever. I had the chicken piccata with penne and vodka sauce (which was tasty but very thin) and my husband had the lasagna with unseasoned ground beef. I felt bad adding salt to everything but otherwise it didn't taste like anything!
- Old stand-byeddieDined on 9/3/2014Always enjoy it. Went back for anniversary dinner and weren't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian in ChicagoluvchicagoVIPDined on 8/31/2014We dine at Rosebud every time we visit Chicago. If you love italian food this should be on your list. The tortellini and pasta alla vodka are two of our favorites. The sauces are creamy and very flavorful. The spaghetti with meatballs is a huge portion. The meatballs are giant but very tender and juicy. My son recently tried the Chicken Piccata which looked rather plain when it arrived on the plate but he said the piccata sauce was excellent and the chicken was melt in your mouth. I knew it must have been good because he is a very picky eater and his plate was clean. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. The restaurant has been crowded every time we've been there so they must be doing something right.Special Features:
- Weekend MenuLookinforPizzainChiVIPDined on 8/31/2014I really like this restaurant. But I would highly suggest the prized weekday options be made available on the weekends. We took some picky kids and there wasn't a burger to be had. The only red meat option (which is what they like) was steak. The steaks were great - but a burger ought to be on the menu as well imo. Food was otherwise great. The adults had seafood dishes, and they were fantastic.Special Features:
- We will be back!1EagleDined on 8/30/2014Rosebud is just a few short blocks off Michigan and a great find all the way around. My wife had the spaghetti and meatballs which turned out to be two 8 oz. meatballs and what looked like a pound of pasta and sauce, both of which were excellent. I had the parmesan crusted pork chops expecting to get two normal sized chops. The chops were 10 oz. each like Iowa Chops and I am thinking the best I have had anywhere. We were traveling but fortunately had a cooler with us so the leftovers went back to our room with us and then home. Great spot, give it a try. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now Thatsa Big Meat-a-ball-aJennDaDined on 8/29/2014Took my 13-year old daughter to Rosebud on Rush while we were in town for a girls weekend. Food was wonderful and plentiful. One meatball is a meal! We had very good service. Got the Grandmas Chocolate Cake to go and it was delicious. Will definitely go back next time we visit...but will bring a bigger appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.