Rosebud on Rush
720 N. Rush St.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Rosebud on Rush
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3122666444x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 11:00 am-3:00pm LUNCH
Friday 11:00 am-3:00pm LUNCH
Saturday 9:00am-12:00pm BRUNCH
Sunday 9:00am-12:00pm BRUNCH
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by our renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by our off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
A word from Rosebud on Rush
If it’s the pure joy of that first delicious bite, elegant atmosphere, and a sprinkling of laughter you’re looking for, then join us at Rosebud on Rush. Housed in a charming renovated brownstone and conveniently located off Chicago’s bustling Magnificent Mile, experience an extraordinary meal made with authentic Italian recipes passed down from generation to generation. With a reputation for being one of America’s top ten restaurants, you can’t go wrong with succulent, juicy steaks, classic pork and lamb chops, and longtime pasta favorites like our homemade rigatoni in flavorful, tomato vodka sauce. Catering to locals, tourists and movie stars alike, you can't get much closer to the action than Rosebud on Rush. Enjoy two levels of spacious, yet intimate fine dining, the best people watching in the city and the convenience of valet parking.Continued
Unfortunately, reservation requests for the outdoor patio cannot be taken online.
Unfortunately, reservation requests for the outdoor patio cannot be taken online.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud on Rush reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (94)neighborhood gem (88)special occasion (85)good for groups (77)romantic (56)fit for foodies (53)hot spot (37)notable wine list (36)kid-friendly (34)great for lunch (33)great for brunch (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- We will be back!1EagleDined on 8/30/2014Rosebud is just a few short blocks off Michigan and a great find all the way around. My wife had the spaghetti and meatballs which turned out to be two 8 oz. meatballs and what looked like a pound of pasta and sauce, both of which were excellent. I had the parmesan crusted pork chops expecting to get two normal sized chops. The chops were 10 oz. each like Iowa Chops and I am thinking the best I have had anywhere. We were traveling but fortunately had a cooler with us so the leftovers went back to our room with us and then home. Great spot, give it a try. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now Thatsa Big Meat-a-ball-aJennDaDined on 8/29/2014Took my 13-year old daughter to Rosebud on Rush while we were in town for a girls weekend. Food was wonderful and plentiful. One meatball is a meal! We had very good service. Got the Grandmas Chocolate Cake to go and it was delicious. Will definitely go back next time we visit...but will bring a bigger appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousCindyinChicagoDined on 8/22/20147 for dinner. Huge portions - great service. Very impressed with the entire experience. Sad that we found this on our last night in Chicago. Reservations so easy with open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My FavoritesLinnieDined on 8/22/2014When in Chicago I love to dine at Rosebud. Food is always topnotch with very generous portions. The wine list is varied enough in price and selection to suit most diners. In suitable weather try the outside dining as the noise level outside is far less "energetic" than inside.Special Features:
- Go somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014Thought this would be a great Italian restaurant. Bugs in our drink was a good sign that there was more to come. Ordered a dish with pancetta. It was cut big and very chewy. The other dish was linguini with broccoli and shrimp. Sooo much water in the bowl. Shrimp over cooked, broccoli under cooked. Not much flavor in either dish. Very pricey for not that great of a mealSpecial Features:
- Extremely loud restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Our food at the Rosebud on Tues., Aug 19th, was good, not excellent, but good. I had whitefish which I specified to be very well done, not mushy. It was mushy & not very flavorful. The salads were good & the service was very good. The noise level was unbelievable. We had to yell at each other to talk, & finally we just gave up. We could not wait to get out of there. We do not have an issue with energetic restaurants, but this was unbelievable. We would have eaten outside, but there was a chance of rain. We will not eat there again, unless it is outside.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014I have dined at Rosebuds many times throughout the years but the last 2 times, it has been a disappointment. Service was slow and the food quality wasn't close to what I've experienced in the past. This last visit, I asked for iced tea twice before it was delivered and when it finally was, it was sour. When I told the server that, he didn't even remove the mostly untouched glass from the table. I was a bit embarrassed for bringing a business group to Rosebuds on this most recent occasion.Special Features:
- Food was good!CherDined on 8/16/2014The food was very good, however the service felt very rushed, we were not finished with one course before they served the next. It was extremely loud and there were unruly kids! It was a better experience when that large table left. Our waiter did forget to put in our side orders, everything is ala'cart. The sides came when we were finished with our meals, really should not have paid for those. The dessert was a home run! Would I go back, yes, the food was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Chilian Sea Bass was overcooked and potatoes were burnt on the bottom. It seemed that there was a lot of time sitting and waiting for food, for refills, for check. Everyone was friendly just not a great experience. I would try it again, I have been to other Rosebud locations and had great experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMBKmommaDined on 8/15/2014We can not say enough about Rosebud. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian, Family FriendlySnapFoodLoveDined on 8/9/2014Classic Italian dishes, delicious eggplant salad and chicken marsala. Food was filling and portions are big enough to share. Wait staff is competent and friendly, but not overly attentive, what I expected for the price point. The ambiance is family friendly, fun, clean and themed, but not an elegant Italian restaurant, more of a family-style place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceWolfgangDined on 8/9/2014Good Italian but we were packed in like sardines. Table was right next to the bar and we kept getting bumped and hit with purses. Oh well! Still worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!TopgunsDined on 8/9/2014Rosebud on Rush is the best Italian restaurant in the city. The employees there are outstanding. We have reservations for 2 Saturday night, the place was jammed and unexpectedly friends came in town to meet us a surprise and they shuffled things around for us to accommodate 6 of us! You do not find that type of extra effort in many places. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in ChicagoMoonbeamDined on 8/9/2014One of the best Italian food ever, very fresh and vibrant. Wonderful corner bistro, with good outside dining (although a little noisy as it sits on a busy street). Wait staff attentive and friendly. Excellent wine list. I must visit in Chicago.Special Features:
- We loveHankster42Dined on 8/9/2014As usual great food, service and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic italianjamdermDined on 8/9/2014delicious lunch - salmon salad, calamari, veal marsala, meatball sandwich, caprese salad. all fresh and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good server, bad hostessChiDinningDined on 8/8/2014Everything about the food and wait staff was great, but the hostess', even during a time they weren't too busy, rushed us through and didn't listen to what I wanted as far as seating. They refused to let me ask questions about the patio, sat us in the spefic back area I didn't want, and because they didn't answer my question about the time the patio closes, we were rushed out after having purchased a bottle of wine with our Meal that we didn't have time to finish because the patio closed.Special Features:
- Great Chicago DiningChicago12Dined on 8/8/2014This a great Chicago style restaurant in an amazing part of town, lunch or dinner your'll love it!!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodJillDined on 8/8/2014Have eaten here a few times in previous visits to Chicago - great place to bring clients. Food is really good - large portions but the sauce is so amazing you just keep eating. My favorite dishes are grilled calamari and eggplant parm. Servers always attentive and helpful. Great experience every time - I've haven't been disappointed. You need reservations - restaurant always crowded. Look forward to going back on my next visit!Special Features:
- Great true typical italianuknownconnoisseurDined on 8/7/2014I am a fan of true typical cuisines, especially Italian. I like the fancy schmancy once in a while, but when you want to test a restaurant, go for the simple items. If you are looking for high quality, real Italian cuisine, this is for you. The wedding soup almost as good as the homemade recipe I use. The carbonara was delicious, the Bucatini Bolognese fantastic, and the chicken parmigiana fabulous. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for high end mama's cuisine. Be careful, portions are large. Might want to go with a group of 4 or 6 and share various dishes.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotJoyceVIPDined on 8/5/2014Nice choices on the menu without so many choices you get tired of reading. We had a group of five and weren't short changed on space like some restaurant will do. Good service and all the food was very good. The outside seating is nice and the street isn't so busy you can't talk. Portions are generous so a couple of take out boxes were necessary. Will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTorontoDined on 8/3/2014We went for dinner and it was great. Service was friendly and helpful, great wine list and the food, excellent! Reminded me of an excellent dinner I had in Little Italy in New YorkSpecial Features:
- Great food!late2dinnerDined on 7/31/2014The food here was great. We had to wait about 10-15 minutes for our table after reservation time and then another 10 minutes after they took us downstairs because the table had not been set up. Service was good. I probably would have requested to sit outside when I made reservation if that would have been an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for city outdoor diningdissappointedVIPDined on 7/29/2014Had eaten here many times but always outside. Was raining the night we were there so were seated inside, downstairs. Felt dark and gloomy to me. Would eat here again but only if I can eat outside.Special Features:
- Great service, good foodRedbirderDined on 7/27/2014We split the tortellini and a salad. They were really nice about splitting the salad and entree table side. Food was good but not spectacular.
- Great TreatJRadsDined on 7/27/2014Rosebud on Rush has always been a family favorite. This time we took our friends - husband/wife and three kids (ages 17, 21, 22). Everyone was delighted, including our Italian friends!Special Features:
- Outstanding foodcardinalsDined on 7/27/2014The best callamari I have ever eaten. Pasta as good as our favorite On The Hill in St. Louis Cuneto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your appetiteTaniaDined on 7/26/2014This place has decent service, good food, and nice outdoor seating. The servings were huge and tasty. It wasn't the best Italian meal I've had but it's far from the worst. Plus the prices are great. 2 ppl including 2 beers, a salad, an appetizer and 2 entrees all for under $100. I can't complainSpecial Features:
- Very loud and busy, but goodMrsRPD24Dined on 7/25/2014It was pretty loud and busy, took us a while to get seated, even with a reservation. The service was also a bit slow. The food portions were very generous and it was pretty good. Service could've been better.Special Features:
- The food wasn't greatnizar1234Dined on 7/24/2014The food wasn't great and the service was horribleSpecial Features:
- LtntchDined on 7/24/2014When we go to Chicago we always dine at Rosebuds. Great place for good Italian!Special Features:
- The Bud of the RoseSphinxDined on 7/21/2014I will make it short and to the point! Atmosphere was very nice, however food was underwhelming. Bread and olive oil were okay at best, and the dishes we ordered were so overwhelmed with cheese that it seemed the Parmesan based items came from jerry the mouse's dream kitchen. Not the greatest fan of Italian food and Rosebud was unable to change my mind. Would not come again.Special Features:
- My Go-To-Place for visiting ChicagoonTheRoadDined on 7/21/2014Always a great meal waiting here. There are rarely empty tables to be found so reservations are recommended. I get the 'packed in' feeling sometimes but the service and food helps me to relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost inedibleSkantownboyVIPDined on 7/21/2014I ordered the fresh pasta with tomato sauce and pancetta. the amount of salt in the dish was absolutely disgusting. I barely ate any. When my plate was taken, I was not asked if I wanted to bring it home or why I ate so little.Special Features:
- Unfortunate birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Went for my wife's birthday, because she said shed been wanting to try it again after seven years. The food was pretty good, but not worth the menu prices. The service was terrible, although they seemed like they were trying. If your going to spill my drink on my table, clean it up and get me a new drink. Don't just say "sorry" and turn your back on us to take another order. Mid-meal, we just asked for the check and got out of there. I left a 6% tip because the bussers have a lot of slack to pull up after that atrocious wait staff! and the large number of unfinished plates they have to carry. So sad. I'll be making up that birthday dinner somewhere else soon.
- Always Outstanding!!!DoubleJDined on 7/19/2014Rosebud on Rush is a "must" every time we visit Chicago. Everything about the restaurant is outstanding...ambiance, service, food presentation/taste/portions. A must if you desire these types of things in a restaurant. See you next time, Rosebud!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedChristybDined on 7/19/2014Service was slow and the spaghetti was bland. At best a $6 meal, certainly not worth $19. Won't be back
- Love patio, hate car horns blowing!cfooddietVIPDined on 7/18/2014Three of us had lunch on the patio and loved the food and service. Great eggplant Parmesan , enough to feed an army. The only problem was the Friday afternoon gridlock and horn honking at the corner. They should have a light or a cop there. I think I might try a different day of the week for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad ExperiencemjonesndVIPDined on 7/17/2014We wanted a good Italian restaurant within walking distance of Navy Pier and had heard good things about Rosebuds. We ordered two classic dishes- rigatoni w/ vodka sauce and spaghetti w/ meatballs- both were delicious. However, the restaurant was a little crowded for our liking and something we left behind was thrown out right after we left (it was a picture of us in a clear bag-- not something someone would have stolen). I think that the hustle and bustle of the restaurant distracts servers and bussers from noticing items left behind, but regardless, we were very disappointed to lose a keepsake from our trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Our experience at this restaurant was a little conflicting because the food was delicious but our service was not very good. My mom wanted to have another glass of wine and our waiter never asked, or was even around to ask if she wanted another one. We also waited a very long time for our bill and to leave. It is a great restaurant but our experience could have been better if our waiter would have paid attention to us. He was attentive to all his other tables and seemed to forget we were there.Special Features: