Rosebud on Rush
720 N. Rush St.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Rosebud on Rush
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (312) 266-6444
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 11:00 am-3:00pm LUNCH
Friday 11:00 am-3:00pm LUNCH
Saturday 9:00am-12:00pm BRUNCH
Sunday 9:00am-12:00pm BRUNCH
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by our renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by our off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
A word from Rosebud on Rush
If it’s the pure joy of that first delicious bite, elegant atmosphere, and a sprinkling of laughter you’re looking for, then join us at Rosebud on Rush. Housed in a charming renovated brownstone and conveniently located off Chicago’s bustling Magnificent Mile, experience an extraordinary meal made with authentic Italian recipes passed down from generation to generation. With a reputation for being one of America’s top ten restaurants, you can’t go wrong with succulent, juicy steaks, classic pork and lamb chops, and longtime pasta favorites like our homemade rigatoni in flavorful, tomato vodka sauce. Catering to locals, tourists and movie stars alike, you can't get much closer to the action than Rosebud on Rush. Enjoy two levels of spacious, yet intimate fine dining, the best people watching in the city and the convenience of valet parking.Continued
Unfortunately, reservation requests for the outdoor patio cannot be taken online.
Unfortunately, reservation requests for the outdoor patio cannot be taken online.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud on Rush reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (105)good for groups (93)great for outdoor dining (86)special occasion (78)fit for foodies (76)romantic (54)hot spot (53)notable wine list (46)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (18)late-night find (16)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Great Night!PattyDined on 11/23/2014We went to Rosebud to meet my daughter's boyfriend's parents.The hosts accommodated our request for a round table and were prompt in meeting our reservation. We had a perfect spot to talk and get to know each other. As for the food, most of us ordered chicken dishes: parm, Marsala and brick chicken. It was all delicious, served hot and with great care. Before dinner, we had the grilled calamari winch was fabulous! This was all topped with a perfectly chilled martini. Thanks Rosebud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Italian food with little ambiance.DDoublyaDined on 11/22/2014If you are going to spend the money on an Italian meal, go somewhere with better ambiance. It felt a bit like cattle moving through the pens. Wouldn't go back.
- Great restaurant! Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Love this restaurant. Excellent food, amazing service, one of our favorites. Celebrated our son's 16th Birthday with 7 of his friends and had an absolutely amazing time! The restaurant and staff made the night so special! Thanks!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City charmerRuss2michiganDined on 11/22/2014Great location. We had a 2nd floor table over looking Rush Street. Wai staff was excellent. I only rated serveice as very good because of quite a gap between starters and main entry. Very "exuberant" and great Italian dining atmosphere. We had fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentdetroitdinerDined on 11/22/2014I'm from Detroit but I get to Chicago a few times a year. Each time I come to Chicago I make it a point to have dinner at Rosebud. I've been doing this for 25 years. Rosebud is just a fantastic restaurant, consistently excellent. Put it on your short list of restaurants to go to when you are visiting Chicago. This time was even more special. I made a reservation for 6 pm on Saturday about a week before we dined. I did not know that there was something going on in Chicago that evening and we had to visit the suburbs for business. When we drove back into the city, many streets were barricaded. We were 1 1/2 hours late for our reservation. We called to keep the restaurant advised of the traffic problem. When we arrived they seated us right away. I was deeply appreciative of this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Partyof8Dined on 11/22/2014Great Location. Excellent food and service. Party of 8 and no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service and outstanding food...5 starsSarahDined on 11/21/2014The food was unbelievably good and the portions very generous....the service is unrivaled. We celebrated a special event and were rewarded with a complimentary amazing dessert and coffee. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone...this was my third time here and I have always had consistent service and quality of food... Will come back next time I'm in the city!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulStudentDined on 11/21/2014The atmosphere, food, and location were all perfect. I sat in the outdoor seating area, which is enclosed and heated in the colder seasons! They had put up cute Christmas decorations and everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeddingWeekendMigillyDined on 11/21/2014Met with 8 friends in town for a wedding - we arrived at various times with an hour. Service was very accommodating while we gathered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Nice Atmosphere, and Wonderful ServiceEnjoyFoodDined on 11/21/2014Went here for lunch, and we were not disappointed. My daughter ordered some of the homemade pasta and was impressed by the amount of vegetables mixed in the dish. Good size serving for lunch which also allowed for some take home to enjoy another day. Another daughter and I shared a chicken dish which ended up being a bit too small for two, so next time will plan to get my own lunch sized serving. The salad though was of nice size and enjoyed the peppercorn dressing that I ordered as well. Service is great and they took time to snap some pictures of my daughters and I who were celebrating in Chicago for the weekend. I would like to try this again at dinner and try some of their wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian Food Just off Michigan AvenuePharmaMDVIPDined on 11/18/2014I usually stay at the Peninsula or Omni Hotels when in Chicago on business. The best place I've found within walking distance is Rosebud. Excellent traditional Italian food from appetizers through pasta to main courses and even deserts plus very good service. Food is never late, nor is the next course brought too early.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucylu1Dined on 11/15/2014Food was FABULOUS. Service THE BEST. We will return in the near future. Very busy so make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great atmosphereRoseDined on 11/14/2014Took a chance at trying somewhere new while visiting and so glad we did! Amazing food and great atmosphere, fun for our group of 3 people. It was loud but we went later, around 9. Will definitely be Back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must for any Trip to ChicagoStrawmanDined on 11/14/2014I always look forward to the vibrant atmosphere and amazing food that make this restaurant a "must" on our Chicago trips. Everyone in our group of 8 enjoyed their meals and the portions are ginormous! I had the lasagna and a salad and both were very good. Too much food for one person, so I would recommend sharing dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "The Corner with Class"LaneChange911Dined on 11/10/2014Always Consistent Always Delicious Always Excellent Servers Always my 1st ChoiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Service, Pedestrian FareSourDoughStarterDined on 11/9/2014Bruschetta on cheap flimsy bread with sub par tomatoes, soaking wet. Garlic on several dishes far too overwhelming. Bean soup good not great. Food unmodern unimaginative red sauce genre fare. Service was friendly and attentive. Overall, Rosebud seems to have bet that huge portions of Old School Italian American fare is what works and crowd agrees. But the kitchen will not please those who want to reach beyond to inspired dishes or foods that are more Italian than Italian American. For nostalgia and comfort foods, it is a decent choice.
- Food was very good.TrishDined on 11/8/2014Food was very good. Very cramped by check in desk. Food was more expensive than was expecting for italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful night out with the kidsCristieNDined on 11/8/2014Our table was sat right away (we had a reservation). Our server was prompt and courteous. She checked back frequently to see how we were doing. Food was wonderful! Loved the recommendations the server provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ITALIAN FOOD EVER!!KIMTDined on 11/7/2014THIS WAS THE BEST ITALIAN FOOD WE HAVE EVER HAD AND THE SERVICE WAS IMPECCABLESpecial Features:
- great restaurantLexie2014VIPDined on 11/7/2014Highly recommend this conveniently located restaurant! Great food, service and consistently enjoyable!Special Features:
- Great Chicago spotCb1965Dined on 11/5/2014Went with work friends while traveling and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Outstanding food and service. Must stop every time I'm in town. Tables are tight but common with the classic historic Chicago restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is among Chicago's Top 5 BestLaneChange911Dined on 11/4/2014Everything about this establishment is 5 star from the moment you enter to completion. Outstanding food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerChloeNDined on 11/3/2014Try the eggplant salad - enough to share for 3 or 4 people. The fish was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can always count on RosebudSnow292Dined on 11/1/2014The food is great, classical rustic Italian comfort at it's finest. Their calamari and baked ziti are my favorite "go to" menu choices that always keep me coming back. The Rush street location is crowded and loud, but service was awesome. Only complaint is that they really don't have much of a bar area, so arriving early with hopes of having a pre-dinner beverage isn't such a great plan.
- great mid priced Italian spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Was there 2 years ago and thought was amazing. Was back on Nov 1 2014 and yes still amazing. Spicey calamari was excellent and huge. The main course portions are large and tasty. The service was fast, efficient, helpful and friendly :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSherbertDined on 11/1/2014Have dined at Rosebud many times. Never disappointed! Great food. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome for our large groupMorrisogVIPDined on 10/29/2014You cannot go wrong with Rosebud. Portions are very large. Food is always good. The best eggplant parmesan ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and deliciousLuvsfriesVIPDined on 10/28/2014I've been eating at Rosebud on Rush for at least 10 years.... Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 people8familymemoriesDined on 10/25/2014Excellent dinner! Restaurant was very crowded, considering the waitress did ok. Men bussing tables were phenomenal, very on top of things! Pleasant experience.Special Features:
- yummyJenniferDined on 10/25/2014food is always outstanding, service was friendly, stuck to reservation time, all staff very friendlySpecial Features:
- wonderful!cuslammazDined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing and the service equalled. Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for groupsMollyDined on 10/25/2014This was our 5 the time at the restaurant in the last 3 years, and probably our last. Pretty mediocre food. Nice atmosphere but pretty loud. It would be a pretty good place for families, though. You wouldn't need to worry about your kids making too much noise.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!MissJDined on 10/24/2014The food was absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately we were so hungry by the time we got there that we filled up on bread and by the time our entrees came, we could barely touch them. What we were able to eat was superb! Service was great! And loved the ambiance!Special Features:
- Love the Fettuccine with Clams!pinx630Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I stopped in on a Friday night after doing some shopping on Michigan Ave. We had used Open Table to make reservations for 8:30 and were seated immediately upstairs. The restaurant was full and loud and my husband had to ask me to repeat myself a few times during the meal because of the noise. Our waiter was fantastic. Very helpful in his recommendations. We were able to order a bottle of wine, one appetizer, the fettuccine with clams for myself (I HIGHLY reccomend this dish - delicious!) and a chicken main dish for my husband for around a C note. We ordered the stuffed mushrooms for the app and they were fantastic and super flavorful. All in all, it was a great experience, nut I do with it was a little quieter.Special Features:
- Gotta-GoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014As always the food and service at Rosebud on Rush were fantastic. One of our "must-visit" locations when we travel to Chicago. Only drawback was the deafening noise level on this Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Night at RosebudshopgirlDined on 10/21/2014Was visiting from out of town and went to Rosebud per the recommendation of a friend. So glad I did! Atmosphere was very nice, little white tablecloth-covered tables and candlelight. Dined alone so sat at the bar. My pasta dish was very good. Meatballs were excellent. Nice wine and beer selection. Irish bartender was great. Surrounded by strangers but everyone was very warm and friendly. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Rosebud on RushKCvisitorDined on 10/20/2014Really good re-invention of classic Italian menu items. Our waiter was knowledgeable and able to answer preparation and content questions. Pasta was excellent, Chicken Milanese also. Nonna's Chocolate cake was huge, but so good we keep eating when we should have stopped. The wine list was good. It's busy and noisy, but charming.Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian!luveditDined on 10/19/2014We were in Chicago for the weekend, celebrating my husband's birthday, and had dinner at the Rosebud on Rush that Sunday night. The service was excellent, the atmosphere was great, and the food was outstanding! This is definitely a restaurant I'd keep on my list when in Chicago again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrLisaDined on 10/19/2014The food was great, we where a party of 10 and when we rrievd it was ready on time, foood super excelenteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.