Rosebud of Highland Park
1850 Second Street
Highland Park, IL 60035Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Rosebud of Highland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8479264800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by our renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by our off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an experienced event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
A word from Rosebud of Highland Park
Rosebud of Highland Park invites you to gather your favorite people around the table to experience an extraordinary meal made with authentic Italian recipes passed down from generation to generation. Conveniently located in the heart of Highland Park’s downtown shopping and entertainment district, we invite you to sit back and relax with a fine glass of wine and a delicious appetizer like our scrumptious baked clams followed by Rosebud’s famed Chicken Vesuvio or an over-sized plate of the best spaghetti and meatballs in town. At Rosebud of Highland Park we bring the freshest seasonal ingredients from local markets right to your table. Join us for lunch or dinner to experience a taste of Little Italy in the heart of the North Shore. *Outdoor seating is on a first come, first serve basis. We do not take reservations for the patio.*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud of Highland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our waiter was attentive,AdeutschDined on 5/31/2011Our waiter was attentive, funny, and provided us with exceptional service.
- I brought my out of town businessJB22Dined on 5/31/2011I brought my out of town business colleague here. They were pleasantly surprised to find an urban style restaurant and crowd in such a suburban location. They also raved about the food - especially the bolognese sauce and the white fish. The service was also superb. Hopefully they will ask to return on their next trip.Special Features:
- The food at Rosebud is great,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/29/2011The food at Rosebud is great, but because of this particular restaurant's constant desire to cram too many people into the space, the ambiance is terrible on busy nights. Tables are placed jutting into aisles to make more room, so serving and bus staff constantly jockey for space with diners and often come within millimeters of diners with chairs, trays, etc. Because of the overcrowding on busy nights the noise level is terrible and it is almost impossible to hear. There are many other Rosebud locations, I would suggest dining at those instead of this one.
- Excellent food. Good portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2011Excellent food. Good portions. It would be nice if a small dinner salad was included.
- have never had a disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2011have never had a disappointing experience at rosebud. food is always top notch from my fave the clams appetizer to the pasta with the phenomenal spicy red sauce. had the chicken limon this time around and was fantastic!!Special Features:
- Decent food. Too large portions,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/27/2011Decent food. Too large portions, best to split entrees. Noise level close to unbearable. Great for a rainy night after the movie, or summer lunch on the terrace.Special Features:
- We've eaten at 5 Rosebuds--allBarbfromVernonHillsVIPDined on 5/27/2011We've eaten at 5 Rosebuds--all are good. The brick chicken is wonderful.Special Features:
- NoisesmddsVIPDined on 5/21/2011Terribly noisy - a miserable experience because of it. Waitress was great, food very good as well, but we stopped conversing because we were repeating and yelling to each other.Special Features:
- THIS RESTAURANT HAS THE VERYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011THIS RESTAURANT HAS THE VERY BEST FOOD AND SERVICE--AT REASONABLE PRICES--TO BE FOUND ANYWHERE IN THE ENTIRE CHICAGOLAND AREA.
- Fine food, fine service, greatStanDined on 5/20/2011Fine food, fine service, great environment. A highlight of Highland Park.Special Features:
- EhhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2011The service was not good. I think that the waiter was overwhelmed by the large crowd. The food was consistent. It is very good but not amazing. We had a great time with our friends, I will return.Special Features:
- FAilure to LISTEN!!genoVIPDined on 5/11/2011ordered a pasta dish/ brought a different dish/then they claimed it was not on the dinner menu(which they had given to me)/. Then host came over and abusively explained that my order was on a lunch special menu wrongly given to me BY HIM and it was MY MISTAKE for ordering it!!I declined a second order(My family was already eating and we had plans shortly after dinner.).No mention that I CLEARLY STATED MY ORDER TO THE WAITER!! NO attempt to really make this right ie: Dessert for the table?
- My husband and I had beenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/8/2011My husband and I had been here before and really enjoyed it so my family all went for Mother's Day. This day was very crowded with large tables crammed together and very noisy(the 4 of us could hardly hear each other! We were seated promptly but took awile for the bread(had the oil and cheese but no beread)and then we had no plates (asked 3 times)and then were asked for a drink but had no wine list. I think they overbooked and it made for poor service. Everyone enjoyed thier food. We would go again but not on such a busy day.Special Features:
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/7/2011Food and service were very good. We didn't stay for coffee or dessert because the noise level did not allow us to hear the conversation at our own table.
- We needed to take or dinnerFoodie59Dined on 4/23/2011We needed to take or dinner as carry-out due to illness. We had never eaten here but couldn't believe how amazing the Lasagna was. The best I've ever had!Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2011The food was excellent and our waiter was very attentive!Special Features:
- Arrived at the RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2011Arrived at the Restaurant at 8:00pm. Sitting was immediate and the server was at our table within seconds. Great appetizers (Mussels and Grilled Calamari) HUGE portions on the main courses (we all got to-go packages when we left) Asking around the table I got great reviews about the house papardelle and the Fusili Carbonara. Sinatra skirt steak was great also. We will be back when the weather gets better, to enjoy the patio dining.Special Features:
- We have dined there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/16/2011We have dined there many times before and enjoyed the food. We had an 8:00 reservation and when we checked in they told us it would be about 15 minutes. After 30 minutes we asked the manager who was seating people when we could expect to be seated and he rudely told us we were next. Then he proceeded to sit 2 very attractive ladies that were seated at the bar before us even though we were also a party of 2! We again approached the manager and this time he turned his back on us and said he was doing the best he could. The hostess kept apologizing for his rude behavior but we walked out at 8:45 and went across the street to a wonderful Italian restaurant across the street. We will never eat at Rosebud again and will let all our friends know!!
- Aside from the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/16/2011Aside from the restaurant experience being disappointing, the response from corporate because of rating even more disappointing.
- Lots of food but more americanizedMikeVIPDined on 4/15/2011Lots of food but more americanized that excellent italian food.
- Menu descriptions soundedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2011Menu descriptions sounded interesting. Taste disappointing.Special Features:
- we love the food each andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2011we love the food each and every time, but for a romantic evening or even an evening that you would wish to hold a conversation with the person that you were with is pretty much impossible. way to noisySpecial Features:
- Glad we had reservations,TennisfoodieVIPDined on 4/8/2011Glad we had reservations, very busy. Their cannoli's are great!Special Features:
- VERY slow service for a restaurantNasusazDined on 4/4/2011VERY slow service for a restaurant with few tables fillllled
- Food PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2011Food portions are enormous, like a Maggianos. Diners should give strong consideration to splitting orders unless they want days of leftovers.
- Movie Lovers eat at RosebudDelightedDinerVIPDined on 3/18/2011Rosebud is a convenient mess hall for Highland Parkers.
- The atmosphere is very nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2011The atmosphere is very nice, the chairs comfortable and the table setting lovely. The noise level was a bit too high, and the quality of the food very disappointing. The portions are huge, even when split in half it was too much food for one person. The salmon was overdone and dry, the potatoes limp. The pasta was way overdone. We won't be back.
- Disorganized kitchenChicagoJayVIPDined on 3/12/2011Rosebud seemed to have their timing all wrong all night. We were seated 15 minutes late. My daughter ordered the brick chicken, which we were advised would take 30 minutes. My steak, which was ordered medium, was beyond well done. The other dishes ordered we dried out. I think they probably were started at the same time as the chicken, and left in an oven until the chicken was done. The waitress did her best, but the kitchen was working against her. No financial compensation was offered for the lousy performance in the kitchen. I think, had the timing of the dishes been better planned, it would have been a decent meal. Portions were huge.Special Features:
- Consistently good food. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/5/2011Consistently good food. Excellent service. The front of the house, Joe & John, represent the Rosebud name in 10 star fashion. It is a restaurant that we eat at often.Special Features:
- Skip it.edl20Dined on 3/5/2011Way overpriced for what amounted to just decent food. Wine list was above average. I had a steak that was bland - I had to salt it which, in my opinion, is a last resort for a steak. My wife had the tilapia special which was just OK. Service was worse than the food. Our server virtually ignored us. Had a bowl of berries for dessert - might have been the highlight of the meal. The restaurant was really convenient as we were going to Renaissance Place for a movie afterward. Should have just gone to Michael's across the street. Much less expensive and almost as good.
- Over priced. The grilledOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/19/2011Over priced. The grilled calamari was aweful. The caeser salad was excellent. The entrees were OK. We probably won't go back.
- A Little Piece of Heaven...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2011My husband and I would go back to Rosebud every week if possible. My husband, the pasta lover, said the Spaghetti w/ Meatballs was Excellent. I had the Chicken Vesuvio, also Excellent. Large portions. Gelato for dessert...to die for. Can be crowded. Make sure you make a reservation.Special Features:
- Rosebud is absolutely oneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2011Rosebud is absolutely one of our favorites ... I loved the Baked Cavatelli--so so tasty! And the huge pasta dishes from the kids menu (spaghetti with meatballs, penne with butter) were impressive.Special Features:
- Bar tender on our eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2011Bar tender on our evening was in a "bad mood" and had a very negative impact on pre dinner cocktailsSpecial Features:
- Fair Restaurant. UnimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011For the price I was paying I was expecting the food to be exquisite, and I left unimpressed. The highlight of the meal was the baked clams. It was my first time ever having them, and they were really tasty. The lobster bisque, though, was unspectacular. It tasted more like a tomato bisque that I could get at a diner. My tilapia was a bit burnt, but still pretty tasty, and my fiancee's veal picatta was just fair as well. Was the meal awful, no, but I have no plans to go back to Rosebud anytime soon.
- We arrived early for the reservatioDine123Dined on 2/14/2011We arrived early for the reservation and were promptly seated. Food was especially delicious and the best italian I've personally tried. Nice ambiance and would recommend this location.Special Features:
- the food is always good andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2011the food is always good and they are good about seating at the time of the reservation. but it is definitely a noisy place, so if you want romantic, not your place. good food yesSpecial Features:
- Chopped salad was cold insteadcarlDined on 2/12/2011Chopped salad was cold instead of room temp. Pricey for the quanity. Food was very good. Dessert cpould have been for four instead of two. Only real problem was i gave the waiter a gift card debit card not knowing how much was left on it. He stated oif we didn't know how would he know. We guessed at 25-30 dollars left. He staed he couldn't just try it. So we said try 20 doolars and it was okay......I called Visa when i got home and they stated there was 27.50 on the card.....Why would the waiter say what he said.Special Features:
- Reliable good comfort food,RichMVIPDined on 2/8/2011Reliable good comfort food, great burger! Service was very flexible with the menu and accomadating.Special Features:
- There is something on theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/4/2011There is something on the menu for everyone; each of our meals was well executed--from a chicken dish to mussels in white wine with garlic. The service is upbeat and very competent. We very much appreciated the fact our serverasked if we had a movie to get to and made it a point to get us out on time.