Rosebud - Deerfield
560 Waukegan Rd
Deerfield, IL 60015Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rosebud - Deerfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8479140900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 10pm, Friday & Saturday: 11am - 11pm, Sunday: 11am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Auturo Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Rosebud Catering & Events brings the rich flavors of Rosebud traditions beyond the familiar atmosphere of our restaurants to parties and events throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. We guarantee to bring the same quality and excitement of the "Rosebud experience" to every guest at your event whether it be a birthday celebration, a corporate meeting or a wedding reception. Our team of event specialists will work closely with you to create a menu that will not only satisfy your guests, but will have them asking for more. Call (773) 325-9700 to book your private event.
A word from Rosebud - Deerfield
The newest addition to the Rosebud Restaurant family provides the innovative perspective on traditional Italian cuisine that Rosebud is known for, in a rustic atmosphere that evokes the Old World Italian countryside. Offering lunch & dinner seven days a week with a menu focusing on regional dishes & fresh ingredients, you will be sure to find your next favorite dish at Rosebud - Deerfield. Take the family for a homestyle meal of specialties like our famous Fish Salad with fresh calamari, scungilli, octopus & shrimp tossed in olive oil with fresh lemon, garlic & parsley, or our handmade Square Noodles. For those with special dietary needs, low glycemic, gluten-free, & whole wheat pastas are available upon request. Finish your dining experience on a sweet note with one of our fresh, delectable desserts. Choose a seat at tables made with wood from 19th century barns, or dine al fresco on our outdoor patio. However, we DO NOT accept reservations for the patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud - Deerfield reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (42)kid-friendly (31)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (21)great for lunch (21)special occasion (17)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointingTerriDined on 9/13/2014My friends and I fondly remembered the Highland Park Rosebud so we thought we would try this location. We were very disappointed. Our waiter wasn't good, it took forever for 3 drinks to be delivered to the table and our food was slow in coming and mediocre. My fish was rubbery although the potatoes were delicious - it was even sent back and the replacement fish was just as bad. To give credit where credit is due - the manager did remove the cost of my entree from our bill. The restaurant was very noisy and crowded.Special Features:
- Consistently goodDaveW99Dined on 9/13/2014Great place to meet in the north suburbs. The food is very good and the restaurant is very well run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/5/2014the noise level does not allow for conversation with friends. The restaurant is a loud family pizza joint. would Not recommend if you want to have a nice dinner and conversation Food was good but could not enjoy with kids running around and noise levelSpecial Features:
- jbaran001jbaran001VIPDined on 9/5/2014Poor food, really noisey, good service. Even the red sauce needs changing. Also, the wines were terrible.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Need to remove the spotlight on the back patio and install "fairy lights" and candles on table. Spotlight too bright and directly in your face Food delicious and plentifulSpecial Features:
- MediocreFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Not a busy night but slow service. We were a party of two and it was late but instead of giving us a decent table we got a small table for 2. Food OK but not great.
- enjoyablecityplaceVIPDined on 8/27/2014The bread, olive oil and fresh parmeson cheese ( you have to ask for it) are addictive. Brick chicken is delicious and enough for 2 people. My husband had the salmon which he loved and also took some home. Casual atmosphere. Discount cards from Costco are an added treat. (20%)Special Features:
- Im glad we returnedJoleeVIPDined on 8/24/2014My first experience at Rosebud was terrible. But once I returned and learned what to order I am very pleased. I am Italian and picky while dining at Italian restaurants. The eggplant salad (we ordered ours chopped) is fantastic. If a menu has meatball salad on menu I order it, we alternate between eggplant and meatball salad. The brick chicken is fantastic. It is the gravy (red sauce) that is disappointing; tastes jarred/canned with no attempt to have it resemble "homemade". If you stay away from meals that require the sauce, you will be very satisfied, disappointed if you do not. Desserts are great be sure to leave room. I heard they have a new chef, until I learn what the new chef specializes in I cannot comment, perhaps Gravy, hopefully!Special Features:
- DeliciousRuthDined on 8/24/2014The four of us ordered different entrees and all were very good. There was so much left over from my pasta that I had enough for 2 lunches. The service was also very good. The outdoor area is nice if the weather is good.Special Features:
- Dinner with wife and kidsMGeatgoodDined on 8/23/2014The food and service were great. I took my wife and son for dinner and it was delicious. It is high quality food and drink in the burbs, which is not easy to find.Special Features:
- Food was just okay...Frammy86Dined on 8/19/2014Nothing special here. Do yourself a favor and go to Olive Garden, the food is better. Rosebud does have big portions but lacks flavor. Not one person in my group finished their meal and not one took home a doggy bag.Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 8/10/2014As always, a relaxed enjoyable meal. It was a pleasant evening to eat out on the patio. We enjoy the De La Casa Salad, the Retollo, and pizza are quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening marred by service voidJimbo6VIPDined on 8/9/2014On a lovely Saturday summer evening my party arrived promptly at seven. We were seated promptly and then ignored for the next ten minutes. No bread. No drink orders. Nothing! After finding someone who appeared to be the manager, a waiter was dispatched to our table. We were immediately informed that ours was not his table but he would take care of us. Meals and drinks were ordered and in a reasonable time food was served. Upon completion of dinner no waiter was to be seen. Again it was necessary to complain to get service. When leaving the manager was told of the service problems. He reacted by becoming surly and defensive. Rosebud hasten removed from my list of acceptable restaurants.
- Mr. & Mrs. AFine2VIPDined on 8/9/2014We both had their special, white fish oregano with oven bake potatoes and vegetable.... it was very tasty and the fish was tender too. I enjoyed a cup of cappuccino and my husband enjoyed a glass of Merlo... a great lunch.Special Features:
- We Love RosebudDeerfieldresidentVIPDined on 8/2/2014We took our Granddaughter out to dinner on Saturday night and Rosebud was wonderful. Great staff, Good food, Large portions! The staff made us all feel right at home and was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeVIPDined on 7/23/2014We enjoy this Rosebud over and over. Reliably good food and good service. Good menu selections. Thin crust pizza is delicious. Salads are quite good. Portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeVIPDined on 7/20/2014We enjoy this Rosebud's a great deal. An easy walk from our home, it is a wonderful neighborhood place to go for an enjoyable casual meal. Initially on this visit it took awhile before we got our waitress's attention, but once we connected with our her she was wonderfully attentive. We had the De La Casa Salad and the Baked Ziti, both of which we enjoy and have had often. We sat outside on the patio on a pretty summer evening which added to the pleasure of the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming backFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014We keep coming back to this neighborhood gem. The food is always consistent, but beware portions are large. We often split meals with no extra charge and still have plenty to eat. The food is delicious, hot and always tasty. I have never ordered anything on the menu I did not like. The service is always good and the staff always friendly. We love this place and will continue returning on a regular basis. I highly recommend this restaurant. With a plethora of Italian restaurants in the area, this is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsDebraDined on 7/5/2014Our dining experience was perfect! The wait staff was professional and attentive. The food was incredible! Our out-of-town friends were so impressed. They remarked many times over our dinner that the food and staff as wonderful. It was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Just AverageMangiabeneDined on 7/4/2014After eating at the Rosebud on Taylor a few times, have to say this was disappointing. The tilapia was overcooked and chewy. One diner was gluten intolerant and they didn't seem to have a handle on that, even asked if they could eat potatoes! The grilled calamari was nicely cooked, however it was served with some obnoxious black pepper sauce instead of the standard olive oil/herbs.
- Bland Food; Horrible ServicealwayslookingDined on 7/1/2014Not a good experience, although the space is nice and they have outdoor dining. Everything we ordered (white bean soup, shells and broccoli, seafood salad) would have benefitted from some herbs - or practically any flavor. But far worse was the service which was inattentive, by which I mean, we had to get up and walk across the restaurant to ask our waiter to come back to our table. This, for us, was a two-timer: First and last. We will not return.
- JogeDined on 6/29/2014The only complaint I have is the noise level. Tables are close together, which I understand, but we talked quite loudly to be heard. Other than that, I love dining at Rosebud.Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 6/22/2014A very enjoyable comfortable place to meet and eat. We go there on a regular basis when we want something reliable and plentiful and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevereviewVIPDined on 6/21/2014Rushed and food seemed more than fast food rather than custom. Dinner entrees arrived before we were half way done with our salads. They couldn't come out of the kitchen that quickly unless they were somehow prepared in advance..Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodEPaficionadoDined on 6/14/2014First time at Rosebud Deerfield. Veteran of many dinners at Rosebud Taylor Street. Brick chicken still wonderful. Baked Ziti outstanding. The true test will be the eggplant parmigiana. I'll have that next time! If it's close to the Taylor Street "EP" I'll be a regular. Love Rosebud for Italian Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DerviceKateDined on 6/14/2014Our waitress was outstanding. She explained items on the menu, was great with our kids and had an upbeat attitude. Pizza was great, seafood salad was wonderful as was fish special. We had several doggie bags, even my 14 year old son took home food. We used to go to Highland Park location, first time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The bar was staffed with a food server who was unable to mix drinks requested or locate the specific alcohol required to mix the drinks requested. He poured about 1/3 of a wine glass with house Merlot for which we were charged $12, well above the average restaurant price. Along with my chicken vesuvio dinner I requested a side Ceasar salad. What I received and was charged for was a salad large enough for our party of four. We should have been advised if a side salad was not an option and the decision left to us to make if we wanted to order a salad large enough to be a meal in itself. Due to our server doubling as a bartender we had too many servers and our simple requests were not met, ie., two requests for coffee were not satisfied.
- DisappointingNancyBeeDined on 6/7/2014The place was so loud there was no way to have a decent conversation. Service was so-so. Food was good but there are a lot of other italian eateries with a better atmosphere and service. Disappointing overall.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/29/2014Delicious! Everything about the evening was wonderful.Special Features:
- Good food reasonable in priceMelvinDined on 5/26/2014We enjoy the food. Easy to get a table for any size. Staff is great. Prices are good. Would recommend for family meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North side gemJodomDined on 5/24/2014I have been eating at Rosebud restaurants for over 25 years. I think is the best review I can give you.Special Features:
- Just GoodDFWJGVIPDined on 5/23/2014Love this place. Need to get there late on weekends so u don't hear the other tables conversations. Food is great. Service is usually very good. Priced right for the quality of food. This is a once a week establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 375 reviews are from the Rosebud - Deerfield reviews archive.
- UninterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014This was my first time at the Deerfield location, I was not impressed. Been to other Rosebud locations, is this the same group? I know Rosebud is known for classic Italian fare, but the food was rather bland and uninteresting. Service was severely lacking. We started with one server, then received a different server that was "helping out." Both servers were servicing the tables on either side of us and didn't so much as check in with us! It took forever to place our entree order and too long to receive the check. Although the bus-boy service was great. I recommend trying a different Rosebud location.
- Mother's DayLuv2dine2Dined on 5/11/2014I took my wife here for Mother's Day. Food and service was excellent, wait staff very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- DissapointingWheelsVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was fair, service poor, expected a lot more from Rosebud. Sat on patio, it was if they forgot to wait on patio section.Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 4/28/2014Always an enjoyable meal at very reasonable prices, attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/25/2014We took our friends there for their first time. They loved it. The presentation was wonderful and the food was delicious. Much bettered than when the restaurant was in Highland Park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosebud kudosPersnicketyMVPDined on 4/20/2014The experience was great!! We were there on a Sunday and did not know in advance that they do not offer a lunch menu on Sunday, but will know for the future. Food and service were wonderful, in a delightful setting. Very happy to have this as an option in this part of the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable Evening for our groupchisox13Dined on 4/18/2014We all enjoyed the chopped salad which was just the right amount for our group of 5. Our server was knowledgeable and efficient- Everybody was pleased with their entrees==Veal Marsala, Veal Picatta, Baked Ziti, and Clams. Only issue at prime time on a weekend, it is conversationally challenged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Rosebud Hits the Spot!2438Dined on 4/13/2014Love the Deerfield location and will be back! A bit noisy on a Sunday night, but as crowd cleared, so did the noise. For our party of six, everyone was pleased with their food choices. Several of us had fish; snapper, tilapia and salmon--all very fresh and prepared to our liking. Skirt steak was cooked as ordered and smothered in carmelized onions, pasta was generous and veal was delicious. Only criticism is that desserts in the glass jars are not conducive for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.