Rosebud - Deerfield
560 Waukegan Rd
Deerfield, IL 60015Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rosebud - Deerfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (847) 914-0900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 10pm, Friday & Saturday: 11am - 11pm, Sunday: 11am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Auturo Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Rosebud Catering & Events brings the rich flavors of Rosebud traditions beyond the familiar atmosphere of our restaurants to parties and events throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. We guarantee to bring the same quality and excitement of the "Rosebud experience" to every guest at your event whether it be a birthday celebration, a corporate meeting or a wedding reception. Our team of event specialists will work closely with you to create a menu that will not only satisfy your guests, but will have them asking for more. Call (773) 325-9700 to book your private event.
A word from Rosebud - Deerfield
The newest addition to the Rosebud Restaurant family provides the innovative perspective on traditional Italian cuisine that Rosebud is known for, in a rustic atmosphere that evokes the Old World Italian countryside. Offering lunch & dinner seven days a week with a menu focusing on regional dishes & fresh ingredients, you will be sure to find your next favorite dish at Rosebud - Deerfield. Take the family for a homestyle meal of specialties like our famous Fish Salad with fresh calamari, scungilli, octopus & shrimp tossed in olive oil with fresh lemon, garlic & parsley, or our handmade Square Noodles. For those with special dietary needs, low glycemic, gluten-free, & whole wheat pastas are available upon request. Finish your dining experience on a sweet note with one of our fresh, delectable desserts. Choose a seat at tables made with wood from 19th century barns, or dine al fresco on our outdoor patio. However, we DO NOT accept reservations for the patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Rosebud - Deerfield - Best Restaurants in Deerfield ›
Rosebud - Deerfield reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (61)kid-friendly (40)great for outdoor dining (40)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (34)great for lunch (26)special occasion (20)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)romantic (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- RosebudChalet133VIPDined on 11/11/2014Our server was fantastic, she was really helpful and pointed us in the right direction. The food was fine - we had the rigatoni with vodka sauce, and we had enough left for my daughter to have the leftovers for lunch the next day. However, the restaurant is overpriced. For 2 portions of pasta, a glass of wine and a lemonade, and one order of cannoli for dessert, our tab was $72 (including tip), and the food was not spectacular. When we ordered, we had a conversation about whether each dish was made to order or whether it was pre made with the server. We were informed each dish was made to order. But our food arrived within 5 minutes of ordering. That was a little confusing.
- mediocre foodaspiringfoodieDined on 11/8/2014It has the ambiance of a family style restaurant, with tables close together. If the food was just a bit more satisfying, it would have been all right. The grilled calamari was too vinegary, the lamb special and veal piccata were mediocre. This place doesn't stand out in any way.Special Features:
- Excellent every timeToneDined on 11/7/2014This is our go to place and never disappoints. The food is exceptional nd service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time w business colleaguesBoilerDadVIPDined on 11/4/2014Enjoyed it. Good service. Great food. Two others in addition to me were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!ZippyVIPDined on 10/30/2014I love Rosebud. The best thing about this restaurant is the variety of items on the menu. Good for kids. Great if you're on a diet. Love the small salad with broiled salmon on top. If you're entertaining it's wonderful. I'm there at least once a week. The wait staff tries very hard to accommodate everyone's "special" requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentKimbaDined on 10/27/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is delicious, the service is excellent, the portions are huge and the prices are reasonable. No wonder the parking lot is always full! My favorite dish isn't even on the menu; the Zuppa di Mare is an excellent dish of linguine and assorted seafood (shrimp, calamari, clams, mussels and at least two types of fish) in a delicious tomato based broth. Large enough for two to share ... although you might not want to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2014Service was a little slow, but not a big problem. Food was cooked very well, but not a lot of choices for entres for lunch. I will have to try for dinner and see if they have more beef options for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereZippyVIPDined on 10/19/2014I love this restaurant.......whatever I get is great. Very generous portions and helpful wait staff. I live in the neighborhood so we can go for big dinner or just salads.Special Features:
- Brick Chicken - try itBarrydogVIPDined on 10/17/2014We go to Rosebud once every two months, I love their brick Chicken - order it when you sit down because it takes 30 minutes. We also had their Caesar Salad - I like it with anchovies - very good, excellently dressed not too much dressing made this a very good starter to split. Give it a trySpecial Features:
- philVIPDined on 10/16/2014good food at reasonable prices excellent neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An avarage restaurantPinaDined on 10/16/2014Overall it was a good dining experience, but not more than that. The service was mediocre. The food was good, but nothing special. Very noisy place. Only for casual dining. Parking was as bad as in Chicago.Special Features:
- Back to the good old daysOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/10/2014We are regulars who had not been for a while. Our go to menu item is the shareable whole brick chicken and I am pleased to report that it is back to it's old Highland Park standards ( we were told the old HP chef has returned). We started with a marvellous wedge salad special, which would have served three easily, and the total bill ( no drinks) was just $42, including tip. Although we did not try the pizza, we were told that it's much improved also. A lot of positive things going on here and I would suggest those who have not been for a while give it another shot.Special Features:
- Great choice for ItalianJonnyMussVIPDined on 9/28/2014I liked the fact that they had a menu filled with lots of options including entree sized salads with salmon (and it was a massive salad!). I used to go to the d/town location for the pasta - perhaps the best in Chicago. Nice to see they have branched out with additional locations. I don't live here anymore so it was a pleasure to have Rosebud's while remaining in the suburbs.Special Features:
- Really great foodJohnsDined on 9/26/2014The sausage and peppers appetizer is a meal, the fish salad notable for its generous portion and uniqueness. All in all wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosebud was superbhadfun4Dined on 9/25/2014I can't say enough good things about Rosebud in Deerfield. Our server was magnificent. He was knowledgeable, attentive and sweet! The food was superb; it tasted and looked so appetizing. Thank you for taking us promptly and for allowing us to celebrate my daughter's birthday in a memorable way.Special Features:
- A Nice Night OutJuataguyDined on 9/25/2014We had reservations. Seated on time. Attentive service. Excellent food and portions. Not too small and not too big. Good drinks. A very fair price. Tables are a bit close together inside, especially after a large part of perhaps thirty of more sat at combined long tables behind us. Being bumped and having someone's bottom at eye level while they gathered and until they decided to sit down was a bit distracting. That was more the diners than the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumwearytravelerDined on 9/17/2014The food was fantastic, the wait staff was courteous and friendly. They seemed a little understaffed at the beginning, but I was having an early dinner. By the time I was leaving the place was hopping and the staff numbers increased. Food was fantastic!Special Features:
- DisappointingTerriVIPDined on 9/13/2014My friends and I fondly remembered the Highland Park Rosebud so we thought we would try this location. We were very disappointed. Our waiter wasn't good, it took forever for 3 drinks to be delivered to the table and our food was slow in coming and mediocre. My fish was rubbery although the potatoes were delicious - it was even sent back and the replacement fish was just as bad. To give credit where credit is due - the manager did remove the cost of my entree from our bill. The restaurant was very noisy and crowded.Special Features:
- Consistently goodDaveW99Dined on 9/13/2014Great place to meet in the north suburbs. The food is very good and the restaurant is very well run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/5/2014the noise level does not allow for conversation with friends. The restaurant is a loud family pizza joint. would Not recommend if you want to have a nice dinner and conversation Food was good but could not enjoy with kids running around and noise levelSpecial Features:
- jbaran001jbaran001VIPDined on 9/5/2014Poor food, really noisey, good service. Even the red sauce needs changing. Also, the wines were terrible.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Need to remove the spotlight on the back patio and install "fairy lights" and candles on table. Spotlight too bright and directly in your face Food delicious and plentifulSpecial Features:
- MediocreFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Not a busy night but slow service. We were a party of two and it was late but instead of giving us a decent table we got a small table for 2. Food OK but not great.
- enjoyablecityplaceVIPDined on 8/27/2014The bread, olive oil and fresh parmeson cheese ( you have to ask for it) are addictive. Brick chicken is delicious and enough for 2 people. My husband had the salmon which he loved and also took some home. Casual atmosphere. Discount cards from Costco are an added treat. (20%)Special Features:
- Im glad we returnedJoleeVIPDined on 8/24/2014My first experience at Rosebud was terrible. But once I returned and learned what to order I am very pleased. I am Italian and picky while dining at Italian restaurants. The eggplant salad (we ordered ours chopped) is fantastic. If a menu has meatball salad on menu I order it, we alternate between eggplant and meatball salad. The brick chicken is fantastic. It is the gravy (red sauce) that is disappointing; tastes jarred/canned with no attempt to have it resemble "homemade". If you stay away from meals that require the sauce, you will be very satisfied, disappointed if you do not. Desserts are great be sure to leave room. I heard they have a new chef, until I learn what the new chef specializes in I cannot comment, perhaps Gravy, hopefully!Special Features:
- DeliciousRuthDined on 8/24/2014The four of us ordered different entrees and all were very good. There was so much left over from my pasta that I had enough for 2 lunches. The service was also very good. The outdoor area is nice if the weather is good.Special Features:
- Dinner with wife and kidsMGeatgoodDined on 8/23/2014The food and service were great. I took my wife and son for dinner and it was delicious. It is high quality food and drink in the burbs, which is not easy to find.Special Features:
- Food was just okay...Frammy86Dined on 8/19/2014Nothing special here. Do yourself a favor and go to Olive Garden, the food is better. Rosebud does have big portions but lacks flavor. Not one person in my group finished their meal and not one took home a doggy bag.Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 8/10/2014As always, a relaxed enjoyable meal. It was a pleasant evening to eat out on the patio. We enjoy the De La Casa Salad, the Retollo, and pizza are quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening marred by service voidJimbo6VIPDined on 8/9/2014On a lovely Saturday summer evening my party arrived promptly at seven. We were seated promptly and then ignored for the next ten minutes. No bread. No drink orders. Nothing! After finding someone who appeared to be the manager, a waiter was dispatched to our table. We were immediately informed that ours was not his table but he would take care of us. Meals and drinks were ordered and in a reasonable time food was served. Upon completion of dinner no waiter was to be seen. Again it was necessary to complain to get service. When leaving the manager was told of the service problems. He reacted by becoming surly and defensive. Rosebud hasten removed from my list of acceptable restaurants.
- Mr. & Mrs. AFine2VIPDined on 8/9/2014We both had their special, white fish oregano with oven bake potatoes and vegetable.... it was very tasty and the fish was tender too. I enjoyed a cup of cappuccino and my husband enjoyed a glass of Merlo... a great lunch.Special Features:
- We Love RosebudDeerfieldresidentVIPDined on 8/2/2014We took our Granddaughter out to dinner on Saturday night and Rosebud was wonderful. Great staff, Good food, Large portions! The staff made us all feel right at home and was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 392 reviews are from the Rosebud - Deerfield reviews archive.
- GeorgeVIPDined on 7/23/2014We enjoy this Rosebud over and over. Reliably good food and good service. Good menu selections. Thin crust pizza is delicious. Salads are quite good. Portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeVIPDined on 7/20/2014We enjoy this Rosebud's a great deal. An easy walk from our home, it is a wonderful neighborhood place to go for an enjoyable casual meal. Initially on this visit it took awhile before we got our waitress's attention, but once we connected with our her she was wonderfully attentive. We had the De La Casa Salad and the Baked Ziti, both of which we enjoy and have had often. We sat outside on the patio on a pretty summer evening which added to the pleasure of the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming backFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014We keep coming back to this neighborhood gem. The food is always consistent, but beware portions are large. We often split meals with no extra charge and still have plenty to eat. The food is delicious, hot and always tasty. I have never ordered anything on the menu I did not like. The service is always good and the staff always friendly. We love this place and will continue returning on a regular basis. I highly recommend this restaurant. With a plethora of Italian restaurants in the area, this is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsDebraDined on 7/5/2014Our dining experience was perfect! The wait staff was professional and attentive. The food was incredible! Our out-of-town friends were so impressed. They remarked many times over our dinner that the food and staff as wonderful. It was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Just AverageMangiabeneDined on 7/4/2014After eating at the Rosebud on Taylor a few times, have to say this was disappointing. The tilapia was overcooked and chewy. One diner was gluten intolerant and they didn't seem to have a handle on that, even asked if they could eat potatoes! The grilled calamari was nicely cooked, however it was served with some obnoxious black pepper sauce instead of the standard olive oil/herbs.
- Bland Food; Horrible ServicealwayslookingDined on 7/1/2014Not a good experience, although the space is nice and they have outdoor dining. Everything we ordered (white bean soup, shells and broccoli, seafood salad) would have benefitted from some herbs - or practically any flavor. But far worse was the service which was inattentive, by which I mean, we had to get up and walk across the restaurant to ask our waiter to come back to our table. This, for us, was a two-timer: First and last. We will not return.
- JogeDined on 6/29/2014The only complaint I have is the noise level. Tables are close together, which I understand, but we talked quite loudly to be heard. Other than that, I love dining at Rosebud.Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 6/22/2014A very enjoyable comfortable place to meet and eat. We go there on a regular basis when we want something reliable and plentiful and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.