Rosebud Italian Specialties & Pizzeria
22 East Chicago Avenue
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rosebud Italian Specialties & Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (630) 548-9800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 10pm, Friday & Saturday: 11am - 11pm, Sunday: 11am - 9pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Ranferi Flores
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by our renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by our off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an experienced event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Private Party Facilities: If it’s the celebratory clinking of glasses, the pure joy of that first delicious bite, and a sprinkling of laughter you’re looking for, then join us at Rosebud Italian Specialties & Pizzeria for your next special occasion or social gathering. Choose from our menu of Italian classics including fresh fish, chicken, pasta and Chicago-style pizzas cooked to perfection. Top off your meal with dessert or a made-to order specialty cake and a steamy cup of cappuccino. For more information, please call 630-548-9800.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Leopold 630-548-9800x
A word from Rosebud Italian Specialties & Pizzeria
Rosebud Italian Specialties & Pizzeria provides an innovative perspective on traditional Italian cuisine with a chef driven, weekly changing menu, focusing on regional dishes and fresh ingredients. In addition to Rosebud classics including Chicken Vesuvio and Square Noodles which are staples on the menu, thin crust, Chicago-style pizzas smothered in an assortment of toppings are a fresh addition. Pies are large enough for a table to share as an appetizer, encouraging guests to savor the flavors and one another’s company before indulging in a second course. The goal is to present two distinct dining options, a more casual, family friendly pizzeria offering carry-out as well as a white tablecloth dining room where pizzas are served in addition to the weekly menu. The energetic atmosphere throughout both spaces is casual rustic Italian with striking hardwood floors, a Stone Pizza Oven, and an Antipasto Bar, providing an ideal atmosphere to enjoy a relaxing meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosebud Italian Specialties & Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (30)special occasion (30)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (18)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (9)romantic (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Fantastic Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014This was our first time at Rosebud and we LOVED it! The food was delicious and portion sizes were huge! The pizza was fantastic. Our server, Matt, did an outstanding job - anticipated needs were taken care of before we had to ask and water glasses were always refilled. We will definitely be back and, next time, we will be bringing our friends with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grat Place to go to try some excellent food!lebjdDined on 11/17/2014Food was excellent, place has nice decor, service was good, but slow to refill drinks. All of our meals were extremely well made. The ingredients were fresh and the taste was delicious. Many people were taking care of us, water staff, fresh bread & it was hot! Our waiter just overlooked refilling my hot water. Overall we all had a great experience and look forward to going back and trying more great dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was Not as good as it used to be,enJoyeditDined on 11/15/2014They Put raw vegetables into the soup. The Mussels were over cooked and mushy .I will never recommend Rosebuds to anyone ever. I had to guest's for dinner and was so Embarrassed for bringing them to such a place. enough said.
- Wonderful food but not too relaxingLucjimDined on 11/8/2014We ordered the bruschetta to start, followed by different pasta dishes for each of us. The food was delicious, although the portions were on the large side and we ended up taking some home. Our server was prompt and attentive, and made us feel very welcome. There were two issues that prevent me from giving the full 5 star rating. Firstly, the music was too loud and made it difficult to have a conversation, or hear what the server was saying. Secondly, I felt we were being rushed, and that they wanted to free up our table as quickly as possible. The main course came out before we had barely touched the appetizer. We had been hoping for a relaxed dinner with plenty of time for conversation, but that was not really possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation didn't matterFranDined on 11/1/2014With a reservation through Open Table we were still told there would be at least a 45 minute wait. Since we had plans after dinner we ended up eating dinner sitting at the bar. Bartender was very empathetic to our situation and provided excellent service.
- Good food but packed in.BobPDined on 11/1/2014We were seated shortly after our reservation time. Food was excellent but we were seated right next to where the bar was. People were almost touching our table they were do close to us. They need to separate the bar crowd a bit from dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal MarsalaStinky47Dined on 10/31/2014If you crave veal Marsala, this is the place to go. My husband raved about it - the best he's ever had. I ordered Chicken Parmesan, which was good. HUGE portions. You could easily share one dish. Desserts were obscenely large. Not the place for romance, since it was extremely noisy and tables very close together. Better suited for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014Good food and service. Only downside is the noise but that does not prevent me from going here regularly. Wine list is reasonable but overpriced.Special Features:
- Always a treat!RalphyVIPDined on 10/25/2014We love to go to Rosebud for special occasions and are never disappointed. Saturday was no different. We went to Rosebud to celebrate and were treated like royalty. Service is always outstanding and you always take home leftovers which are always a treat the next day.Special Features:
- Done right!marmarceeDined on 10/20/2014The food is as delicious as that made by my step-mom whose parents were from Italy. Our waitress was fantastic: knew the menu, wine list, was quite pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Live2EatLive2EatVIPDined on 10/18/2014Rosebud in Naperville is always a great choice for any occasion! Our dinners from appetizers to desserts were delicious. The grilled calamari is superb...as is the chicken vesuvio as well as several other items on the menu....add to that the daily specials.......making it very difficult to decide. The service is attentive and accommodating.....the best! Rosebud is definitely in our top three for excellent Italian food. Go hungry.....leave satisfied and looking forward to your next Rosebud delight!Special Features:
- Very slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Our waitress was very slow and inattentive. The table staff were not friendly and in fact rather rude. For spending $126 on a dinner for two I would expect better service.
- Excellent service and food.DinealotDined on 10/10/2014Excellent service and food! Can't wait to go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Suicide1steverreviewDined on 10/4/2014Had reservations for an anniversary, but was seated in the overflow dining room/hallway Saturday. The service was slow and I was given 5 $20 bills as change when I paid with 2 $100 bills on a $98 tab. Didn't appreciate the server basically insisting she was getting $20 as a tip considering the quality of her service, but waiting to see her again wasn't worth the trouble. She got her 21% tip, but I won't be back to Rosebud.
- Cold foodJFlyDined on 10/4/2014Usually the food and service are great! This night, the food was delivered cold, and no one came by to ask how everything was. As we were with clients we did not want to make a fuss. Probably will not return!Special Features:
- DisappointinggoodeatsDined on 10/2/2014Requested a quiet secluded table and was seated 5 feet from the front door. The place was extremely loud. Although the food was good it was overpriced. Overall this place is overhyped.Special Features:
- Would not recommendnotafanDined on 9/26/2014This was my first time going to rosebud to dine, I don't feel the price of the meal fits the quality of the meal.
- Way too noisyAnnetteVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food at Rosebud is delicious and abundant, and the location is perfect for pre-concert dining if you're attending an event at Wentz Concert Hall. The problem with Rosebud is that it is horribly noisy. It's extremely difficult to carry on a dinner conversation in this restaurant. I'm reluctant to book a table here if dining with some of my more soft-spoken friends.Special Features:
- Solid ItalianFoodie1811Dined on 9/13/2014Rosebud has been dishing up great Italian food for years and it's always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but very noisy.FunreviewerDined on 9/13/2014The food was good and service was excellent, but combination of hard wood floors, wall of glass, and hard tables and chairs leave absolutely nothing to absorb the sound. We were at a table for 5 and you could not carry on a conversation where the entire table could hear everything someone was talking about. The server had to rotate around the table so that everyone could hear the specials. The restaurant is in desperate need of some carpeting and sound absorbing wall hangings to help make things more inviting.Special Features:
- oreoVIPDined on 9/13/2014Too much food , a waste , if you do not want to eat it again the next dayI would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 4GreatOutingDined on 9/12/2014Great place to catch up. At one point it got a bit load but not too bad. Food was great but I thought there would be more steak choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014The food and service was good but pricey. No salad with meal. Bread as appettizer was plain white italian bread.
- Slow serviceSharVIPDined on 9/1/2014Service was extremely slow, super noisy and the water guy, seemed to have an attitude. Was disappointed in 3 out 4 dishes ordered.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very good Italian food. Large portions so plan to share!. Good wine selection.Special Features:
- Excellent food -- every time!RebeccaDined on 8/29/2014This is is a loud, often crowded restaurant, but the food is great. Highly recommend the eggplant salad, the 8 finger cavatelli and the fish of the day (often melts in your mouth). Great Italian food.
- DisappointedJimPVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went there for a second time. The place was very noisy. They were very busy, so I expected it to be loud. Not that loud. The food was unseasoned and very bland. The service was good for as busy as it was. We will not be going back.
- Dinner on Aug20 late afternoonmarkovraDined on 8/20/2014Our waitress, meal/beverages, atmosphere, and service was awesome! Best Italian restaurant I've been to in a while. I liked it better than Maggianno's & di Nello's. Last time I was to Rosebud was a company group function at your old location. Everything seemed so much better at your new location! thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdditionLarryDined on 8/17/2014We had dinner at Rosebud on a Sunday night. It is a popular place and was quite busy and noisy. We normally try to go there during a week night. The food was excellent - as always, but it took quite a bit of time to have it arrive. Others that entered later were getting served before us. These are minor complaints. My main issue with Rosebud during this visit was that I used a remaining balance on a gift card toward our bill. I admit I do not examine restaurant bills as I should. It became clear after I got home that the tab on my credit card reflected the full bill and did not give me credit for the ~$17 or so remaining on the gift card. Chalk it up to experience. I will give this more attention in the future - particularly here.Special Features:
- Just ok, nothing specialOpenAndHonestDined on 8/16/2014Was excited to use a gift card I received. It was mine and my wife's first time there, got a babysitter. Parking was a little tough, liked the layout and atmosphere, would have been better to sit outside. We were really excited to try the food but nothing was too exciting. Really overpriced for what it was. Portions much to large, would rather have lower $$ and a more manageable portion. Waiter was a bit annoying, trying hard to be "authentic Italian", all while offering just average service at best. Took forever just to get some bread on the table. Annoying that cheese and oil aren't left on table to do yourself like every other Italian restaurant. All in all, not bad, but nothing special, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Avoid Saturday NightFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Usually like the place but Saturday night was a zoo. Very LOUD and over crowded. Put us in a special room to honor the reservation which was nice but then added large parties so loud again. Slow service due to crowd and difficulty ordering some dishes due to kitchen over load. Would avoid except on week night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/serviceLuv2dineDined on 8/16/2014Came with family for birthday. Memorable experience. Would have preferred to dine outdoor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud, long wait for food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014It was very noisy inside, and it took a long time to vet our food.Special Features:
- great food/great servicelinda9760VIPDined on 8/15/2014We love this restaurant! The atmosphere is great, the food fantastic (usually enough to take a portion home for another meal), and our server, Matt is absolutely wonderful! Great view of downtown Naperville. We usually come here at least twice a month and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great experienceModred189Dined on 8/9/2014Our trip to Rosebud was almost flawless. We were seated immediately by a friendly greeter, and our waiter was fantastic. Tons of great recommendations, and was very attentive. The wait staff was great with my 1.5 year old son, and the food was fantastic. IT took a little long to get out bill, but the restaurant had picked up significantly at about that time, so it was not a huge problem.Special Features:
- Good food and service but very loudSusanBDined on 8/8/2014We just ate there with another couple. We made reservations and they seated us right away. They wanted to seat us right in the middle of the restaurant but I asked for a booth so they changed our table for us. The service was good, the food was good but it was so loud in there we could not hear the people sitting right next to us. We finally left because it was pointless to try and yell to be heard. Probably won't go back just because there are so many restaurants in the area with food just as good or better and you can hear the people you are sitting with talk.
- great foodmarkDined on 8/7/2014great food but the server needs to pace the meal better. We barely started our salad and our dinner arrived. Waiter was a bit off on all of his timing.Special Features:
- MGR needs to pay attentionFoodLoverVIPDined on 7/27/2014We frequently visit Rosebud for either lunch or dinner and the food is always great. The service is good as well. The exception this time is that we had a reservation for 7 and when we arrived the manager was at the front greeting people but seem to fumble when we ask about our table. He said the table was ready and we were still short 2 seats. Then he tried to cramp us into two small tables and we had to ask for an extension or at least someway to obtain more room to eat at the table with this many people. It finally resolved but I can't believe that the manager of a high end establishment doesn't know how to seat people. We then also didn't not have enough water glasses or table wearSpecial Features:
- Great experience!JustDessertsDined on 7/25/2014Celebrated an anniversary early Friday evening -- had a great time. Food, service, everything was excellent! Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs UpMasottiDined on 7/25/2014Highly recommend for Northern Italian cuisine as every visit exceeds our expectations. Sauces are fresh and hot. Fish is hot and cooked perfectly. Chicken was tender and hot to the center. Staff was attentive and management staff visible for any requests.Special Features:
- The following 987 reviews are from the Rosebud Italian Specialties & Pizzeria reviews archive.