Rose Tattoo Cafe
1847 Callowhill Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rose Tattoo Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosetattoocafe.com/
- Phone: 2155698939
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lite Fare: 3:00 pm to 10:00; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00 pm; Sunday: 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm CLOSED SUNDAYS DURING SUMMER MONTHS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private area for 20 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Helene 2159470117x
A word from Rose Tattoo Cafe
Rose Tattoo Cafe, a favorite American Bistro housed in an over 100 year Victorian building in the historic Art Museum area is a family run busines & has been serving the area since 1989. From the romantic ambiance on the balcony surrounded by plants & flowers to the lively bar with its original pressed-tin ceiling, the eclectic menu is memorable & perfect for romantic diners, drinks & appetizers after a long workday as well as business meetings. We have won Best Romantic Restaurant for the past 3 years. Great for lunch, dinner, lite fare & groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Rose Tattoo Cafe - Best Restaurants in Art Museum ›
Rose Tattoo Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)romantic (49)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (20)good for groups (18)great for brunch (13)scenic view (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Amazing...per usualOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/27/2014WIll was our server and the food was impeccable, the mushroom soup is always to die for! We had a fantastic dinner and can't wait to get back!Special Features:
- Love the apps and desserts!veneziaDined on 8/20/2014Appetizers, fish and desserts were amazing! The crab cakes leave a lot to be desired. Waitress was just ok - she could have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local favoriteJacobInEwingDined on 8/19/2014Have eaten at the Rose Tattoo often over the years. Always a reliable good mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Amazing AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Exceptional food and fantastic service at a reasonable price pointSpecial Features:
- Very satisfying mealadinerDined on 8/9/2014Very good food, with pleasant, attentive wait staff who clearly enjoy the food and know the wine list. the food is well-prepared and its clear its done with care and passion. We asked a question about one of the dishes and the chef came out and talked to us - basically wrote out a recipe and described it on the spot. Very satisfying meal.Special Features:
- Very goodRScheir01VIPDined on 8/9/2014The service was top notch and the food was delicious. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewmainfloorguyDined on 8/8/2014Years ago I went to the Rose Tattoo Cafe. And my recent visit was just as nice as my previous experience. Its romantic atmosphere makes an ideal setting for couples dining together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a grey time at dinner.HappyPappyDined on 8/2/2014We had an excellent dinner. The food was delicious. The view was perfect. I don't think the night could have gone any better. Our waiter (Scott) really made us want to come back sometime soon. Keep up the great work guys!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant.ChrisBrunerDined on 8/2/2014This place is a real gem. The service, ambiance and food were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & foodfood4thoughtDined on 8/2/2014Along with another couple, this was our first experience at the Rose Tattoo. The ambience is beautiful & romantic. We asked to be seated on the 2nd floor & were accommodated with no hesitation. Our server's name was Scott & he took very good care of us. For starters, we enjoyed the philly cheese steak rolls & pan seared provolone. For our entrées, we all requested the gaucho steak. All excellent choices! For dessert, I ordered the chocolate macadamia nut brownie. Sinfully delicious! Scott's service & recommendations were great. He gave us complimentary champagne which put a nice final touch on our evening there. We look forwars to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodLizzylizDined on 8/2/2014This was our second time here. We were celebrating our anniversary. Pulled pork tacos were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't missed yetOctober2013VIPDined on 8/1/2014Still our go-to place when we're in the museum area. Food and service are always excellent and there's plenty of street parking with a one-block radius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Good food, good ambiance. Food is a little bid expensive. The mushroom soup was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BozoVIPDined on 7/30/2014Hamburger was extraordinary. Chicken caesar salad was just ok.Special Features:
- TrishGDined on 7/26/2014The ambiance was very romantic, especially if you sit upstairs next to the railing. Food was delicious and portions were decent. Our server Scott was gracious and made sure our appetizers and meal were perfect. I honestly don't know how he handled serving the entire upstairs and being so attentive. We didn't feel rushed at all. In fact, Scott held our dinner until we were completely finished our appetizers, which were large enough to share. Our entrees arrived piping hot and scrumptious. We finished with dessert which was a blueberry crumb cake with a side of vanilla ice cream. Another great treat. I will say that it is a bit pricey but worth the experience. We all deserve to be treated every one in a while.Special Features:
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014I had a party of 8 for dinner and an informal business meeting. The staff at the Rose Tattoo was very accommodating and found a group of tables in a quiet corner. The food was outstanding - everyone was pleased with the various selections ordered from the menu. The wait staff seemed a bit stretched, however, and could have been more attentive. Overall, though, a great dining experience and I'll certainly be coming back.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningTikaDined on 7/22/2014Nice place. I had a salad and the mushroom ravioli which was really good. I'd go back just for that. The service was a bit slow which was surprising since it was a Tuesday night and quiet. I'd recommend going but not if you're in a hurry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the Rose Tatoo CafeRobgoes2eatDined on 7/11/2014Excellent lunch near Fairmont park. Salads were fresh beet and goat cheese was very good. Mushroom Ravioli was homemade w a glass of white Bordeaux wine. Service was good. Can't wait to go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Was GreatHarleyAlDined on 7/2/2014Slow night...service was great, food was better. Very accommodating. The place is cool and comfortable. I have been there when crowded and it does get loud, especially on the 2nd floor. But this was great for sure.Special Features:
- Great vibe!Jazzylady369Dined on 6/28/2014Service & good was quick & delicious!! Good portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!PhillyFrankDined on 6/28/2014Took my family here when they came to visit me. Great food! I had the jambalaya. It was loaded with fresh-tasting seafood, tender chicken, and of course andouille sausage. They also put 2 longhots on top which have it a nice kick. I would definitely order it again. Everyone loved their food and the portions were huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and deliciousjudesterDined on 6/26/2014We went to lunch with a party of five family members, and had a great meal. It is a lovely setting, and the food was wonderful with a lot of things to choose from... we all had a hard time deciding. I had a salad with shrimp and watermelon, and it was delicious. Everyone was happy with their cohise, and we shared an amazing creme brulee for dessert. Would definitely go again, and highly recommend. Service was great, friendly and fun.Special Features:
- Rose Tattoo Cafe EnjoymentSuperMomDined on 6/24/2014Returned here after many years with friends I used to go here with. Food, atmosphere, service was as good as we remembered and we were so glad to be back there again. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice spot to enjoy a pleasant meal.Special Features:
- Go. You won't regret it.FoodFlowerVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Philly. Host is unflappable and waitperson was gracious, as often as we asked her to fetch this and that. Bartender was personable. They had a large party there, and the noise was contained to their room. Get the TENDER calamari and Tattoo pasta. Little white lights set an utterly romantic setting. Divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood spotsixerDined on 6/21/2014We have been coming here, I think, for over twenty years. The food is always fresh and well prepared, and the servers are attentive. Lovely greenery gives a New Orleans ambiance. Great place for dinner.Special Features:
- Cool placeNorthshoredaveVIPDined on 6/18/2014I really enjoyed the food and the flavors were very good. We were there early and are from out of town. Saw the reviews on opentable and it was near the hotel. It did not diappoint. The food was good and creative. They had smaller protions of the pasta which was nice since we had kids with us. I had the chicken and it was served atop a salad and was very good. My kids also enjoyed the creme brulee and it was the best dessert they had on the trip.Special Features:
- Veal that melted in my mouth...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014I had the veal special the other night and it was heavenly. Normally I don't eat veal, but I do love it and this was the absolute best veal dish I've ever had. Spinach was also top-notch. Potato croquettes left a little something to be desired - too runny inside. I'll definitely be back to try out other menu staples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Philly's bestBillinoVIPDined on 6/14/2014Over all the years One of Philly's consistently good restaurants ‼️‼️👍👍👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CholleyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Way too expensive for average food. This was a one and done.
- Over priced mediocre foodJfiatoDined on 6/13/2014Let me start with the good things first. The place is very nice inside, the plants and lighting is very unique. The service was ok and the drinks from their drink menu were pretty good. BUT, the food is absolutely mediocre at best. I haven't been this disappointed in a long time. I ordered the crab cakes for almost $30. I'm not lying when I tell you that it tasted like microwave crab cakes served on top of Campbell's chunky soup. My girlfriend got the veil special at $34 dollars, again so sub par it was almost funny. I would never recommend this place to anybody. Not unless they lower the prices of their food by about half. I've had better food at diners
- LeezeDined on 6/13/2014Great menu, a bit noisy. Loved the dark, bar like atmosphere. Menu has great choices. Good energy, good service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodVognessDined on 6/7/2014Overall the food was good, but a bit too salty. I do have a salt sensitivity.Special Features:
- FantasticjenyazDined on 6/7/2014I used to go here years ago and we decided to go for our 10 year anniversary. We were happy we did because the food and the service was as phenomenal as it was from when I remembered it to be wonderful. The host, bartender and our server were all terrific and we will go again!Special Features:
- LoloDined on 6/6/2014Front room is noisy but back area is great…and pretty…excellent food, service….a treat for young and old!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014Our server was pleasant and knowledgable. We were a party of 4. We had cocktails, Shared appetizers and had very good entrees. Overall very good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!SeamusDined on 5/29/2014First time here and had a great experience. Very romantic, noise level and food were great. Will definetly visit again.Special Features:
- Great dinnerall4goodDined on 5/22/2014We ate here on the way to an event at the Free Library. The food was very good, the service excellent, and the atmosphere just right for conversation. I highly recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent group diningchanceflDined on 5/21/2014Went with a group of 6 tea enthusiasts for an evening celebrating the visit of a Japanese tea teacher and had a wonderful time. We were seated on the balcony, with nice ambience and little noise to disturb our conversation. Started with a delicious flatbread appetizer, including melted mozzarella and sausage, and a bottle of Montepulciano d'Abbruzzo. Most of our group continued with the seasonal soft-shelled crab, deep fried in batter and a bit heavy. Others had veal medallions and gaucho steak, both grilled to perfection and delightfully sauced. We were all too full for dessert, but enjoyed coffee, espresso, and tea to close a long evening of good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!madisonaveVIPDined on 5/21/2014Both the service and food were incredible. Everyone was extremely friendly and attentive. Salads (beet and goat cheese), entrees (crab cake & salmon), and the dessert (chocolate bread pudding) were prepared perfectly, served at the appropriate temperature, tasted great, and looked beautiful. Portion size is quite large. Bread pudding is a must! Very refreshing and exciting to discover a non-chain restaurant with such a delicious menu. Highly recommend Rose Tattoo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good foodreviewerVIPDined on 5/20/2014Went 2 nights in a row. However, restaurant canceled reservation made through my account and cancelled out points, leaving reservation which I had previously cancelled because opentable wouldn't recognize my account online for some reason. I need 100 points credited to my account, please !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.