Rose Tattoo Cafe
1847 Callowhill Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rose Tattoo Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosetattoocafe.com/
- Phone: 2155698939x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lite Fare: 3:00 pm to 10:00; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00 pm; Sunday: 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private area for 20 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Helene 2159470117x
A word from Rose Tattoo Cafe
Rose Tattoo Cafe, a favorite American Bistro housed in an over 100 year Victorian building in the historic Art Museum area is a family run busines & has been serving the area since 1989. From the romantic ambiance on the balcony surrounded by plants & flowers to the lively bar with its original pressed-tin ceiling, the eclectic menu is memorable & perfect for romantic diners, drinks & appetizers after a long workday as well as business meetings. We have won Best Romantic Restaurant for the past 3 years. Great for lunch, dinner, lite fare & groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Rose Tattoo Cafe - Best Restaurants in Art Museum ›
Rose Tattoo Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)romantic (54)special occasion (43)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (23)good for groups (19)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Diamond in the RuffSammieVIPDined on 10/19/2014Always a good choice when going into the city. Alway fine a spot to park. No center city traffic to put up with. Consistently good food and very good service. Thanks Will. Super desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Meal !NeverCookDined on 10/18/2014Group of 4 & ALL of us were very impressed with our meals. Service was great and our waiter was always there when we needed him but not intrusive. The only complaint (and not really a complaint but noticed something very odd) is that since we loved all 4 pasta dishes, and there were 4 of us, we asked for a sampling of all 4 pastas for our appetizers (enough for 4 people). The entree themselves were about $ 26.00/each but they charged us $ 140.00 for the appetizer sampling. While the portions were great and probably could have been the meal itself, we were a lot shocked over the price, considering, 4 full size meals of the same thing would have been a bit over $ 100.00. To charge 40% more to break it down into plates seemed a bit steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjobable eveningdfc9258VIPDined on 10/18/2014Went here for a birthday dinner for a relative and wanted something close the Eastern State Penitentiary as we were going to the Terror Behind the Walls. The restaurant is very quaint and unique with a large atrium and plants commanding your interest as you walk in the door. The bi-level restaurant is cozy and is quite comfortable. Prices were reasonable and there was a wide selection of appetizers and entrees. We had the jambalaya, the shrimp pasta and the tortellini and all were delicious. Our server was pleasant, but not overly friendly or attentive. We would go here again as we had a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Icon Ages BrilliantlyTettemerVIPDined on 10/17/2014This joint's been around forever, part of (one of) Philly's original restaurant renaissance(s). The food is delicious across the board. It's like you've never tasted a sandwich before, it's so fresh and made with love. The ladies behind the bar are always welcoming and smiling and I think genuinely happy to see you. And now that the neighborhood's booming, this lovely old corner classic is getting only better as they get busier and earn their just desserts. (Oh, did I say desserts? Like a classic diner, the fabulous pies and creme brulees greet you under beautiful light as you enter the restaurant. Don't deny yourself.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprisejnbraiderVIPDined on 10/12/2014Fresh in town, discovered this close to our hotel. Great value, with Big Easy ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere consistently greatMPDOCDined on 10/10/2014We have eaten at the Rose Tatoo many times. I've never had a complaint. The atmosphere is very comfortable and romantic. Service is professional, and the food terrific. There is also a very nice wine list. I would recommend the restaurant for special occasions, romantic night out, or a classy dinner with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellentMrsCavDined on 10/10/2014I haven't been to the Rose in years. It is classic. The food was still incredible, the dessert was delicious, and the ambiance is just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJnA19053Dined on 10/10/2014We are repeat customers and always enjoy our evening at the Rose Tattoo. The food is superb and the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. Over all a fantastic dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrbd72650Dined on 10/10/2014After a long time, we went back to the Rose Tatoo, where one couple had their first "tete a tete". Food was as great as we remembered it. Since we had a show to get to, the waitress, Lauren, went out of her way to make sure the food came out quickly. The service was superb. The only slight negative was that one of the ladies, who ordered her filet medium, received meium rare (but whatever it was, she says it was good. I ordered my gaucho steak medium rare and it was too well done. Not a problem, as all the food tasted great!Special Features:
- "An Ageless Gem..."VickyDined on 10/9/2014When I worked for Channel 6/ABC television and had clients in Center City, I not only would take them to The Rose Tattoo for business lunches, but for after-hours cocktails and dinners. Even though it's been many years (and since I'm retired now), I recently brought a guest with me from Atlanta (after our excursion at the Barnes Museum), and I was once again impressed with the consistency of: the service, the food, and the overall ambiance. What's even MORE amazing, is now the SECOND generation (my businesswoman daughter) has also dined with you! May your success continue into the third and fourth generations, ad infinitum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott fr New HopeScottDined on 10/3/2014Took a very special lady for a nice night out. Shot in the dark since i just googled Philly Restaurants and this place came up. Previous reviews were good, I liked the name too so I took a shot. WOW, really nice atmosphere, yes a bit romantic. Our server Scott was very nice and attentive, great service. Nice wine list, though I'm no connoisseur, we had a nice bottle of Frogs Leap Zinfandel. The food was amazing, we had the filet special and a salmon dish, both were exceptional. My date had been to DelFrescos the week prior with friends, she said the steak here was better. Desert was yummy too, we had a brownie/ice cream thing..., the brownie was a little dry but thats ok. We had an amazing time start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About the foodSylvieDined on 10/3/2014We had dinner at Rose Tattoo as we had to be in the neighborhood. The restaurant is very pretty but we found the food rather ordinary for the price. At $30, a main course should be outstanding. It turned out it was good but not quite at par with other restaurants that charge about the same prices.Special Features:
- consistent and satisfyingKafkaDined on 9/27/2014We are near neighbors and frequent diners here! Always a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Loved Rose Tattoo CaferasphilaDined on 9/24/2014We've been to Rose Tattoo for special meals a number of times. It never disappoints. The food is imaginatively prepared and delicious. The ambience is unique among Philadelphia restaurants, with a great attention to the need for quiet conversation and privacy. We would certainly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good ChoiceHDPhillyDined on 9/21/2014Whenever hubby and I dine at Rose Tattoo we are never disappointed. For appetizers hubby had clams and I had the sirloin and mozzarella egg roll which was so good. Hubby had squash soup and I had the mushroom bisque, both were very good. For entrees hubby chose the chef's special of halibut and I had the sirloin of veal dish which had asparagus, tomatoes, potatoes...so good. The veal serving was enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day. Service was on point,each dish was served in a timely manner. When it came to dessert, which we usually share, we couldn't decide, so we passed on dessert. If desserts at Rose Tattoo are as good as they look, and I'm sure they are, we won't pass on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place To Eatkbmcgill1216Dined on 9/20/2014I had a great experience eating at Rose Tattoo! The ambiance was phenomenal, the wait staff was courteous and knowledgeable. The food was amazing! I would definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- surprisehuffDined on 9/19/2014You would never guess what was on the inside from the outside. Worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous every timeKm911Dined on 9/13/2014I love this restaurant. I've been coming here since it has opened and it's perfect every single time! The filet and provolone spring rolls are to die for. Their house made pasta's are excellent no matter which one you chose. My scallop dish was so tasty I wanted to lick the plate:). Any dessert is faboo! Mmmmmm. Can't wait to go again. This restaurant is clearly one of the best in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last-minute decisionNewbieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Was with two friends after an early Fringe performance; remembered the Rose Tattoo, where I hadn't been in 10+ years, and thought it would be a good place to revisit. We were asked if we had reservations (thanks, Open Table app!), but at 9:00 on Friday they had empty tables (the bar looked busy but not crazy). Had drinks and shared appetizers and dessert--no problem from the excellent server about that--and were quite happy. Mushroom bisque was smooth and creamy, the beet salad with goat cheese and pistachios was tasty, two half-portion pastas were delicious, and the calamari was a hit. (I like it crispier, but friend was happy.) Desserts are rich and good--creme brulee and a lemon merinque cheesecake. GREAT service. Happy to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome as alwaysKlaffDined on 9/12/2014Staff took our reservation two hours early to accommodate our party. Hostess was great. Our server was great. Our appetizers were delicious as well as our main courses. Dessert was yummy! What more is there to say! Awesome evening of great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryRoseDined on 9/11/2014Beautiful surroundings, excellent food (choices made decision difficult), helpful & pleasant server. Being on the second floor, the view of greenery was a delight. Noise level was fine - made for a setting conducive to conversation. Overall, a fun and delicious wevening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet romantic restaurantFrankKDined on 9/7/2014We have been to the Rose Tattoo many times, and we have never been disappointed. The restaurant is not noisy, so conversation is easy. The food is eclectic and remarkably well prepared, and the service is invariably excellent. As at previous dinners, the food was outstanding, the service was up to par, and we had a delightful dinner. I would add their wine list is not long, but their selections are all very nice, and cover a wide price range. Even the least expensive wines are quite good, IMHO.Special Features:
- Such a lovely placeCCNYCVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food was terrific and it's so pretty especially if you get to sit upstairs.Special Features:
- Amazing...per usualOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/27/2014WIll was our server and the food was impeccable, the mushroom soup is always to die for! We had a fantastic dinner and can't wait to get back!Special Features:
- Love the apps and desserts!veneziaDined on 8/20/2014Appetizers, fish and desserts were amazing! The crab cakes leave a lot to be desired. Waitress was just ok - she could have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local favoriteJacobInEwingDined on 8/19/2014Have eaten at the Rose Tattoo often over the years. Always a reliable good mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Amazing AmazingbayareaprofessionalVIPDined on 8/9/2014Exceptional food and fantastic service at a reasonable price pointSpecial Features:
- Very satisfying mealadinerDined on 8/9/2014Very good food, with pleasant, attentive wait staff who clearly enjoy the food and know the wine list. the food is well-prepared and its clear its done with care and passion. We asked a question about one of the dishes and the chef came out and talked to us - basically wrote out a recipe and described it on the spot. Very satisfying meal.Special Features:
- Very goodRScheir01VIPDined on 8/9/2014The service was top notch and the food was delicious. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewmainfloorguyDined on 8/8/2014Years ago I went to the Rose Tattoo Cafe. And my recent visit was just as nice as my previous experience. Its romantic atmosphere makes an ideal setting for couples dining together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a grey time at dinner.HappyPappyDined on 8/2/2014We had an excellent dinner. The food was delicious. The view was perfect. I don't think the night could have gone any better. Our waiter (Scott) really made us want to come back sometime soon. Keep up the great work guys!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant.ChrisBrunerVIPDined on 8/2/2014This place is a real gem. The service, ambiance and food were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & foodfood4thoughtDined on 8/2/2014Along with another couple, this was our first experience at the Rose Tattoo. The ambience is beautiful & romantic. We asked to be seated on the 2nd floor & were accommodated with no hesitation. Our server's name was Scott & he took very good care of us. For starters, we enjoyed the philly cheese steak rolls & pan seared provolone. For our entrées, we all requested the gaucho steak. All excellent choices! For dessert, I ordered the chocolate macadamia nut brownie. Sinfully delicious! Scott's service & recommendations were great. He gave us complimentary champagne which put a nice final touch on our evening there. We look forwars to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodLizzylizDined on 8/2/2014This was our second time here. We were celebrating our anniversary. Pulled pork tacos were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't missed yetOctober2013VIPDined on 8/1/2014Still our go-to place when we're in the museum area. Food and service are always excellent and there's plenty of street parking with a one-block radius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Good food, good ambiance. Food is a little bid expensive. The mushroom soup was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BozoVIPDined on 7/30/2014Hamburger was extraordinary. Chicken caesar salad was just ok.Special Features:
- TrishGDined on 7/26/2014The ambiance was very romantic, especially if you sit upstairs next to the railing. Food was delicious and portions were decent. Our server Scott was gracious and made sure our appetizers and meal were perfect. I honestly don't know how he handled serving the entire upstairs and being so attentive. We didn't feel rushed at all. In fact, Scott held our dinner until we were completely finished our appetizers, which were large enough to share. Our entrees arrived piping hot and scrumptious. We finished with dessert which was a blueberry crumb cake with a side of vanilla ice cream. Another great treat. I will say that it is a bit pricey but worth the experience. We all deserve to be treated every one in a while.Special Features:
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014I had a party of 8 for dinner and an informal business meeting. The staff at the Rose Tattoo was very accommodating and found a group of tables in a quiet corner. The food was outstanding - everyone was pleased with the various selections ordered from the menu. The wait staff seemed a bit stretched, however, and could have been more attentive. Overall, though, a great dining experience and I'll certainly be coming back.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningTikaDined on 7/22/2014Nice place. I had a salad and the mushroom ravioli which was really good. I'd go back just for that. The service was a bit slow which was surprising since it was a Tuesday night and quiet. I'd recommend going but not if you're in a hurry.I would recommend this to a friend.