665 South Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roscoegrill.com/
- Phone: 7603226500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roscoe Grill
Roscoe Grill features charbroiled steaks, seafood, pasta and classic comfort food in an intimate and inviting space. We serve dinner nightly and have a well-stocked bar, ice cold martinis and an affordable winelist. Great parking right outside our door.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roscoe Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Potential is there but is lackingDBinPSDined on 9/21/2013The restaurant is in a location on south Palm Canyon convenient for tourists and locals. We wanted to try the restaurant looking for new places to go with quality food. The location and ambience are moderate for Palm Springs. The wait staff service was very bad. Waiter failed to provide any simple drink refill or table service. Food order was incorrect, and we could not even tell him about it because he never returned to the table. The food was bland and lacked character. We went on a Saturday night, and the place was half empty, may be due to the lack of service and poor food preparation. This place could be saved from itself with the managements hands on focus to food and service.
- Neighborhood GemEugeneVIPDined on 9/20/2013Enjoy the service, food selection and friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Inventory ManagementDishGroupieVIPDined on 8/29/2013Unfortunately, this was not a good service day for the restaurant. After ordering our meals, we were informed that they no longer had mashed potatoes and we had to order other side dishes. Also, when it came time for dessert they informed us that the cheesecake was not available. We had been to the restaurant before and had better experiences so we knew this day was unusual but we brought 2 friends who had never been to the restaurant. Needless to say, it did not reflect well on us, they said they will never be back and unfortunately we will probably not be back as well. I would have rated the service lower but our waitress was excellent and she should not be punished with a bad rating because the kitchen did a poor job.
- We are regularsGolfdrakeDined on 8/23/2013We frequent Roscoe Grill. Food is very good and a very good value. Service is usually good and staff is friendly. My wife and son enjoy this spot. Everyone we take to Roscoe really likes their dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseRustyDined on 8/13/2013Was really happy with the great service on a very busy Tuesday night dinner hour. Ryan was excellent as our waiter and the bartender too. The drinks were delivered very quickly and Ryan said to us " you got your drinks fast because there is no middle man"!!!The place was packed and yet the food and service was exceptional. Found a very nice place to return to with happy hour discounts 7 days a week from 4 -7. Lots to choose from on the menu...Very reasonable too!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemAmyBethVIPDined on 8/13/2013This is one of my favorite "go to" restaurants in Palm Springs. The food is consistently good. Everything about this restaurant is predictably solid. Portions are large, wait staff is attentive, and diners are never rushed.Special Features:
- great serviceMarcassoVIPDined on 8/13/2013i went with a friend for a social night from the local Tuesday Night Social Club. It was a crowded night with all the folks arriving around the same time. Luckily we scored a table near the door because that is the coolest part of the restaurant. I walked around to get a feel for the place and noticed it was warmer the closer you sat towards 111. The service was excellent. Drinks were great. The food was good too. My friend has eaten here several times and said he always has had great dishes here and will be coming back.Special Features:
- Never was there before andObi1VIPDined on 8/3/2013Never was there before and it was pretty good. My food was excellent: fried calamari, good portion size, please include tentacles next time. My petit filet was perfect and the vegetables were good. Service was excellent. Our wines were good. My husband's steak wasn't as good as mine. Dessert was take home since we got the 3 course meal and we were too full to eat it there. Nice, affordable place in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- dinnerjillVIPDined on 8/1/2013the food was good, we had a bad waitress..but I would go back and just not have her againI would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Rosco Grill didTonyDined on 7/26/2013As always, Rosco Grill did not disappoint me. Everything was great. Thank you!Special Features:
- A sweet spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013Located off the beaten path, this place has a nice and quiet feel. Food was good, nothing special. But the service was really good. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2013The food is always excellent. The service is spotty depending on which server you get. The AC needs replacement as it is often too hot in the summer months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitress had attitudeNolandDined on 6/1/2013I have been to Roscoe's a number of times and ALWAYS had good food and good service. Saturday unfortunately we drew the wrong waitress. She had attitude and talked like a robot except very fast. Hardly could understand the specials etc. The gentleman that seated us was very pleasant and any other staff that had contact with us was nice. I will definately go again just wish I had her name so I could request not having her serve us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- will give it another chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/25/2013First time there. It was a holiday weekend; service was very slow and we were told that the kitchen was backed up. Waiter added charges for a dessert that was included in the 3 course prix fixe meal, which was corrected. Our food was good and the menu was interesting enough that we"ll go back and give them another chance on a weekday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2013I've been here a few times over the years and its always been a reasonable place. Nothing over the top but decent food at a decent price. Our visit last Saturday will be our last. Besides only ordering Cobb salads in which they didn't bother to remember to add blue cheese crumbles, the interactions between the staff was what was really lacking. Yes, it was busy. Yes, we were near the kitchen, which was ok based on our late reservation. But the infighting, sniping, lack of respect the staff had for each other, and frankly, the customers does not warrant a return. Gordon Ramsey should stop by and evaluate.
- Palm Desert Dinner with the GirlsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/25/2013We arrived at our reserved time of 8pm. The bartender let us know that they were slammed. I assume that they were short staffed for the evening. The manager seated us at the table. Our server came and took our drink orders and food order. We did not receive our food until close to 9pm. Again, I assume they were short staffed. The food finally arrived and the food was very good. We had to be at another outing by 10pm. We received our check after 9:30pm. The food was excellent but the service was slow. I would eat here again if I visit Palm Springs again, but perhaps go during the weekday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!FantasticVIPDined on 5/13/2013It was our first time dining here and the menu options were amazing and affordable. However, the service was what really stood out to us. Mark, our server, was outstanding!
- We are repeat customers ofafjwaDined on 4/25/2013We are repeat customers of this restaurant and were at it the other night because a visitor from out of town wanted to go there - again. That should say a lot about how we feel about the place. The food is very good, the service has always been friendly and prompt and the portions generous. Their 3-course dinners are a bargain!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemAmyBethVIPDined on 4/24/2013Rosco Grill is our neighborhood gem. We entertain out of town guests at this restaurant and everyone enjoys the high quality of the food. Steak, exceptional wahoo fish, and fried chicken are some of my favorites. The service is excellent. We are not rushed during the dinner and our server customizes all our specific food requests.Special Features:
- Guests and neighbors all complimentEugeneVIPDined on 4/6/2013Guests and neighbors all compliment on their visits to the restaurant that Coconut Cake is fabulous, also enjoy your preparation of fish and vegetables. You are a neighborhood gemSpecial Features:
- I have dined at Roscoe's manyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013I have dined at Roscoe's many times and have never been disappointed. Food was delicious and service was excellent from the bartender to our server. A very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by its coverOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/4/2013After reading other reviews, and this restaurant being so close to the condo we were staying at, we decided to try this one night for dinner. It's very unassuming looking from outside, but the inside is very well appointed. We were greeted and seated within five minutes of arriving for our reservation. Our server Michelle was over-the-top nice to us, and ran through the specials making recommendations off of very large menu. Mostly traditional American fare, steaks and pasta etc. We enjoyed a steak with steamed vegetables, the pesto pasta dish and a few glasses of wine and the total was still under $70. We will definitely come back here again when visiting the area.Special Features:
- Getting TiredZip78229Dined on 3/27/2013The staff is bored and worn out, the food has gone down in quality, the prices are high. This used to be an enjoyable place
- Getting Better With Each VisitCaseyJPSVIPDined on 3/16/2013There was a notable improvement in the food quality on this visit and the server was very attentive and especially accommodating. One of my favorites (Dinner or Happy Hour Menu) is the sirloin and romaine salad with blue cheese dressing. It was almost perfect (meat was a little underdone but a good, tender quality). The chef didn't saturate the salad with the dressing--it was just enough to give some flavor. The Happy Hour menu (which we used on this visit) is truly about the best value in Palm Springs and it has a wide variety of items. The restaurants requires you to order two drinks when ordering on this menu, but our server allowed us to skip one drink and order an appetizer instead. I'll be back again, and again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013A neighborhood gem good staff service and food. Taking guests there has always been excellent and they want to returnSpecial Features:
- I want to keep this gem on the DL..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013I am a 'regular' diner at this hip little restaurant tucked away between a tire store and a car wash. From CJ, the owner, to Michelle behind the bar to the wait staff and kitchen experts...it is always an enjoyable experience...start to finish. Just right and I feel like I should keep quiet about Roscoe Grill so the tourists don't find it! Warm, friendly, great food and welcoming, balanced service from staff that you feel like you know as your desert family. I know I should try other venues...but Roscoe Grill had me from go. Ted GuiceSpecial Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/1/2013I would say this restaurant was very overrated. We had dinner on a Friday evening. Seated upon arrival. Service slow with lack of enthusiasm or any level of engagement from the waitress. Food must have been frozen and canned. Some of the worse food we have had in Palm Springs. Will never go back and will not recommend to others.
- our neighborhood placeRichardDined on 2/26/2013always consistent; Good food, good service. you feel like you have been out to dinner.Special Features:
- DON"T hesitate from going here!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013ALWAYS love Roscoe Grill - I brought some friends who were in from NYC, and they loved the halibut and the tacos... EXCELLENT place to go!Special Features:
- Driving past this restaurantdesertdinerVIPDined on 2/16/2013Driving past this restaurant many times, it was surprisingly comfortable and well designed inside Food choices interesting and all of the dishes we taste were excellent. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Arguing couple next to usOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013Arguing couple next to us pretty much ruined the evening
- Comfort FoodGourmandDined on 2/9/2013Prices are reasonable and the basic menu is good. I'd stay away from the higher end choices, other restaurants do it better. The only awful thing served was the bread, the kind you find at Ralph's or Vons. It was a nice convenience having a pepper mill at the table. The servers were relatively calm, as busy as they were and with a loud crowd of out of towners. Overall, fish and chips at the bar seem to be your best choice.
- great Caesar salad - fantasticluvgreatfoodDined on 1/23/2013great Caesar salad - fantastic stir fried green beans!
- No complaints, no regret.CarbarVIPDined on 1/10/2013No complaints, no regret. Will definately go back!Special Features:
- Roscoe Grill is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012We were in Palm Springs for a week and ate at some of the well known restaurants, this was clearly the best of all. Food was wonderful, service outstanding, atmosphere was awesome. Wish we had found this first, and perhaps bypassed a couple of the other restaurants.Special Features:
- Great hidden gemJamesVIPDined on 12/27/2012We always like this neighborhood spot. Always easy to park - even in high season when all the tourists are downtown - consistently good food and very well priced. Try the Kobe burger. I'm a vegetarian but it much talked about.Special Features:
- While the food was as goodRobertDined on 12/1/2012While the food was as good as always the ambiance is now blah. Servers and owner/host seemed rushed like someone hadn't shown up for work. Our server was good but working the main dining room alone as far as we could see and therefore could not devote the time to give us the usual level of service. Also there are no longer tableclothes which may seem like a small thing but it definitely lowers the tone of the place. For a saturday night the place was not anywhere near full although the bar area was filled. People drinking and eating at the bar seemed to be enjoying the experience an perhaps getting more prompt service as the bartender was also their server. All in all, disappointed and probably won't return.
- Being early birds, it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Being early birds, it was quiet, but we had excellent service. Nice variety of menu selections and we will return to try more items.Special Features:
- It WAS great, now replaced poorlyPuckPalDined on 9/22/2012sadly sold to another, a very poor version still operates. skip it
- Perfect for a great casualSherryDined on 9/2/2012Perfect for a great casual dinner - love the bar area best. Would be good for a single person at the bar -good happy hour menuSpecial Features: