Rosarito Fish Shack
168 Wythe Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rosarito Fish Shack
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosaritofishshack.com/
- Phone: 7183888833x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Thursday & Friday; 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Julian Medina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at email@example.com for all of our Pre-fix and catering options
- Special Events: Please join us on New Year's Eve! After 9pm we offer a lovely Prix-Fixe-Only Menu which is accompanied by a midnight toast and option for open bar. Please call us to inquire for further details. Additionally, join us at Shelter, our sister restaurant, which is located next to Rosarito's, for our One Hit Wonder party commencing after midnight. Happy Holidays!!
A word from Rosarito Fish Shack
Offering the Very Best and only Latin Coastal Cuisine. With the creative imagination of Chef Julian Medina, Rosarito Fish Shack will transport you to a coastal getaway on a plate with the Latin influences the world has come to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rosarito Fish Shack - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Rosarito Fish Shack reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Overpriced & small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Service was terrible. Our server was nowhere to be found, someone took the water off the table and never brought it back, she brought the wrong beer and took forever to take our order. Also if you order tacos you literally get 2 tiny tortillas with meat on them. You have to ask for salsa, hot sauce and anything else to be added to your very lonely plate. Maybe it's just me, coming from California but for $10 at a Mexican restaurant I expect a lot more and I don't want to pay $5 for a side of rice and beans.Special Features:
- Decent food, poor servicePrimeVIPDined on 8/2/2014The hostess couldn't find my reservation and claimed I didn't have one, very rudely telling me to look at her screen, not once making an effort to help resolve. Another woman found the reservation, but no apology for the inconvenience. We ordered a pitcher of sangria. Definitely the worst I've had. My sister agreed it was very watered down. The waitress spilled while pouring on my mom's white pants. She brought club soda, but given she spilled red wine sangria on white pants I would have expected a complimentary dessert or something for our trouble. Good was okay, but given the poor experience we didn't enjoy dinner and won't recommend it. It's a shame because Rosarito's is a cute place.
- Fun but no valueshelbyDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant had great food, but the serving sizes were quite small for the price.Special Features:
- Nautical VibeBKDivaVIPDined on 6/27/2014A venue with a nautical vibe and great Caribbean music playing in the background. I love this spot for happy hour & their food is amazing. To my dismay, they removed two great menu which I'm lobbying to have reinstated (beef short-rib tacos and crispy baked chicken). However, there are other alternatives that will leave you satisfied. The skirt steak is surprisingly tender and well-seasoned. Rosarito also has the BEST happy hour in BKLYN offering cervezas (beer) amazing margaritas mixed by Mycah and red and white sangrias. Their fresh seafood bar is stocked with 3-4 varieties of East and West coast oysters, shrimp and lobster. It will remain my go to spot in Williamsburg especially when introducing friends to the area's cuisine offeringsSpecial Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Rosarito Fish Shack reviews archive.
- Should be BetterBKEaterDined on 5/21/2014Prime spot, great outdoor seating, cool vibe, happy hour specials. Bburg is the epitome of the current food scene. So its easy to compare the food here to La Superior, Taco Chulo, etc. Fish taco was overfried, salsa was a little watery and portion was small, carnitas taco was ok, chicken quesadilla good but not unlike I'd make at home. Tiny portion of guac it came with was mostly onions. No limes, dont have. I get it, but your a Mexican restaurant. Needs work. Go for happy hour.Special Features:
- Loved this Brooklyn find!LiverDined on 5/20/2014With my family in town, we wanted seafood and surprisingly found this little gem tucked away in Brooklyn. Great ambiance, excellent fresh food, and loved the reggae jams all night long. Mad props to the interior decorator, too....super cozy and cute.Special Features:
- Rude hostessEGSBillyburgVIPDined on 5/11/2014This (used) to be a regular spot for us to grab good oysters and fish tacos. However, after the last encounter with a bitter hostess we will most likely not return. Perhaps she couldn't handle the fact I was so polite to her and thought I'm being condescending? Perhaps she was just unpleasant? Most probably. No excuse for terrible service, rolling her eyes at me, and not accommodating our party after making a reservation days in advance.
- The food could have been bettermmf232Dined on 5/10/2014The non-seafood items (burger, chile relleno) were barely passable. The fries that come with the burger were cold and not good. The fish tacos were okay--loved the slaw that accompanied them. That was an absolute highlight. We also had the fish of the day (pollock) which was fresh but the preparation didn't wow. The quatro leches cake was very good. Very sweet with a dulce de leche topping. The ambience was really fun and the servers were nice, though overloaded.Special Features:
- Favorite Williamsburg spotemmyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Every time I go to Rosarito Fish Shack, it is 100% worth the trip from Manhattan. The food and drinks are amazing, and the vibe is so relaxed and fun. Everyone has a great time and the ambiance is classic BK. It's perfect in the summer, especially if you snag a spot outside. But the waitstaff can be a little cold. I've had one of the waiters a few different times and he always seems miserable. Last time he barely said a word to us and didn't even attempt to smile... Although it would never keep me from going back.Special Features:
- always great food and drinks!junomaDined on 2/27/2014always great... lobster tacos are really good and the mescal is fantastic! great service... highly recommend thismace for great seafood, atmosphere and tequila!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionscoreyman97VIPDined on 2/20/2014We enjoyed the food, everything was good and creatively prepared. The problem was that the portions are very small and the prices are not. The room we were in was so cramped that it was pretty difficult to get in and out of our table.
- Would recommendJSK28Dined on 2/4/2014The place was delightful and the staff were great. The fish tacos were okay but the ceviches were really great.Special Features:
- Great seafoodFoodieDined on 1/29/2014Service was outstanding, food is excellent. You must try their tres leches cake!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience dining @ RosaritoJonny10donitusDined on 12/6/2013Keeping in mind that it was Friday night in Williamsburg, the ambience was a little too much for me. I found my self having to really raise my voice to be heard by my friend, with whom I was trying to catch up. I don't know what it's like to eat there during the week, but if you are looking for an intimate place to dine on a Friday night with a friend, this place may not be for you. Having said that, the service was great...our waiter was VERY attentive, and made sure we didn't have to wait long for any thing, and the food was really DELICIOUS! I would probably go back on Monday or Tuesday night to try the food again, but no more week end nights there for me...too many "20-30 somethings" trying to be 'fabulous'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrampedStevenVIPDined on 10/19/2013I made reservations for 4 people. The table they sat us at should have sat 2 adults or 4 chldren. My son and I, both slim, did not fit on one side. I has to sit straddling one leg. Not comfortable. I requested the larger table that was just to our right. I was told that it was reserved. There were other tables as well in the other room. They made no attempt to accommodate us. What made it worse, was that we had our entire meal looking at the larger empty table that was not being used.It was still available when we left. Also my wife asked for a salad with shrimp. The salad came. No shrimp. It came 10 minutes later after she finished her salad. And the fried calamari was soggy. But I must say that the wait staff was very friendly.
- Williamsburg delight54thfoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2013Good food, reasonable prices and energetic staff make this a great stop in the neighborhood. We enjoyed the cerviches, Bloody Mary's and oysters and happy hour prices allowed us to explore the menu. Everything was very good and we will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great and our waitressShanLavDined on 9/22/2013Food was great and our waitress was helpful and friendly. Great brunch spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad serviceBrunchDined on 9/15/2013Great place for brunch but had possibly the slowest waitress Of all time.Special Features:
- They need a new waitressStuka123VIPDined on 9/13/2013This was our second try. We got the same incompetent waitress and all went wrong as it happened in the first time. We ordered fours shrimps, we got two We ordered Carne de res, we got short rib tacos I had two Margaritas and one Caipirinha and I was charged for three margaritas and one Caipirinha She was unable to uncork the bottle of wine Another good waitress had to clean her mess. As a regular of El Almacen, and now Shelter Pizza, I demand a good waiter/waitress This one will ruin your dinner.
- Blue Cornmeal Calamari....BKDivaVIPDined on 9/11/2013Rosarito is my go-to-spot for happy hours when I'm in Brooklyn. Their margaritas and sangrias are always on point. This time around I was adventurous in trying their BLUE cornmeal calamari. I was apprehensive at first but after my first bite--YUM! They were seasoned and lightly drizzled with a sweet sauce and red picked onion. This place will keep me coming back to sample more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Spot with Good FoodFoodJunkyNYCVIPDined on 9/7/2013The scene was a little cheesy, but food was delicious. Our server seemed a little overwhelmed, but it makes sense as there were 4+ other groups of 10+ girls for birthday dinners.Special Features:
- Very niceJohhnyhVIPDined on 9/1/2013Food was excellent. Waiter was not very attentive but the young man assisting him more than made up for his lack of personality. Octopus hot dog was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican Food with a Nautical FeelBKDivaVIPDined on 8/21/2013Great find for FRESH seafood in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The shrimp served from the RAW bar are the size of your index finger-nice size for $3 a pop. The suprise is that they serve some tasty taco apps as well! Be sure to try the short rib, carnitas and pescado in that order of personal preference. Also Micah, the bartender, mixes the BEST margaritas--two will have you feeling nice. Will have to sample their main dishes one day but I'm sure everything is well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch on a rainy weekdayMidtownEatsVIPDined on 8/13/2013Funny that the lunch menu doesn't actually have a lot of fish options... But the fish tacos are good. Very friendly service, fish-shacky ambience, yummy guava juice.Special Features:
- We loved the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2013Great for a small group brunch with kids. Plenty of space, accommodating service, and the brunch food was fantastic. I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/3/2013This is an easy choice for consistent good food and atmosphere. This is my second visit and I remember from the first time that their short rib and fish tacos were both so amazing so I haven't even tried anything else yet! There's a lot of outdoor seating which is nice and good for people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great intimate placeFlaneurDined on 7/30/2013The bar tender anthoney makes amazing cocktails. .. a must try. . Ask for his variation on a negroni. ... and our sever was Nicole. .. one of the most attentive and charming severs. It was my friends bday and Nicole was meticulous in orchestrating a smooth surprise desert with a candle to sing happy bday. The cevice is fantasticSpecial Features:
- Always good but sidewalk= not fun!YummyVIPDined on 7/20/2013The food here is always delicious and the service is also great but the spacing/overcrowding along the sidewalk is really awful. We had no choice but to side outside and the street accommodations are too close we had no privacy and could rub elbows the people next to us and the PEDESTRIANS! Also if you happen to be unlucky and get seated on the corner, there is no protection at all from rain. We were lucky it started to rain as we were finishing up.Special Features:
- If you want your quick fixOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2013If you want your quick fix for seafood and drinks this is the place to go!I had the lobster taco and altho the Portion was small it is very yummy. The quatro leche desert was soooo good! definitely will go back for some more oysters and white sangria which were 2 for 1 special during happy hour. The bartender and waitress were very friendly and accommodating as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's day dinnerABCDEFGDined on 6/16/2013It was our 1st time visit at Rosarito Fish Shack. We enjoyed every food from drinks, home made chips, ceviches, main dish. Our waiter was sweet. We will definitely come back and want to enjoy your food and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be great, DecliningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/1/2013Just as their sister restaurant El Almacen, Rosarito is slowly declining. I recall having excellent dinners last summer. We just went this past weekend, the service was absolutely aweful aweful aweful. Unbelievable. The food was barely average. We were really disappointed.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/18/2013Have been multiple times -- such a great atmosphere, wait staff is always super friendly and the food is always AMAZING. Love going and just ordering a few cocktails (don't miss out on their specialty cocktails) and TONS of different types of tacos. They're small so just order all of them for the table..... Delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special night in a special placeAndyDined on 5/15/2013The food was excellent and also the drinks . We felt a little uncofortable because everybody was below 30 years old : to dark if you dine inside. Impossible to read the menu..... You have to rely on waiter and sometimes they are not the best ! Overall very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsRlxdnrDined on 5/10/2013I've been to Rosarito's for many occasions in the past year, and unlike many restaurants in the neighborhood, their service has never gone below excellent. I've been to their bar late at night, just passing by, for birthdays and for special occasions. Rosarito's tries very hard to accommodate you. Only negative might be the small tables of 4... It's really tight on each side if you're sitting next to a guy... Since guys tend to open up more when they sit. Overall, Rosarito's will be visited by me again.:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2013Have tried to branch out, but keep coming back to the tacos. They're zesty and delicious, especially the lobster taco. Great selection of hot sauces and drinks as well. Gets really busy on a weekend night, but was super open during lunch/brunch hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So, SoStuka123VIPDined on 4/24/2013This is my first try. We ordered drinks. The Sabroso and a Mojito. Both drinks were more water than alcohol. No flavor at all. The mint in the mojito did not look fresh. We ordered shrimps, and two main courses. Skirt steak and chicken. They brought all together. (appetizer and main course)Talked to the manager, waitress apologized but our meals were returned to our table not really hot since they were held in the kitchen. The skirt steak was like rubber. Truly believe that they need better management. El Almacen, from the same owner is mutch better.
- We arrived earlier and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013We arrived earlier and were sat outside since the weather was nice. Everything was great except the service . The waitress although friendly and clearly trying her best seemed to be too busy with tables inside and had the entire section outside. It took us a very long time to order dessert. I would not recommend sitting outside during peak hours of this resturant.Special Features: