190 Main Street
Saugus, MA 01906Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rosariasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (781) 558-2759
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4pm-10pm
Friday & Saturday: 4pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Host your next Function with us! Host a Private Birthday Party, a Business Meeting, a Family Dinner, or any Special Celebrations! Host your next Communion, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Birthday Party, Anniversary Party, Bereavement, Holiday Party, Retirement Party & Small Intimate Wedding Receptions, etc.
A word from Rosaria
Located above J. Pace & Son Market, this beautiful restaurant houses a large dining room, bar, function room with a second bar, and a private 12 person dining room. A great high-end steakhouse and function facility addition to the North Shore’s restaurant scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rosaria - Best Restaurants in Saugus ›
Rosaria reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (16)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (9)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- great date nightAliGVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food was superb and service was excellent. We took our time and never felt rushed. Food is cooked to order and we didn't mind the wait at all. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NannyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Delicious food. Much too noisy -- very loud music and voices carry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We were so glad we ventured out on a stormy evening. Rosaria's was well worth the trip. We chose from a great selection of apps. The antipasto was delicious. quality cured Italian meats. My personal favorite was the eggplant with prosciutto. We all had the special of the evening, Porterhouse steak with wild mushrooms. cooked to perfection with a tasty glaze. If I had to pick something that wasn't terrific, it would be the bread. Just so so. I'm glad I didnt eat the bread, I wouldn't have room for the meal.Special Features:
- Rosaria: A Hidden GemNazo68Dined on 10/25/2014We went to Rosaria for the second time in year and I was sorry we had not visited sooner. It is a "gem" of a restaurant with outstanding service, phenomenal food, excellent pricing and great ambiance! We will come again, a lot sooner, and I will recommend this restaurant to everyone. Thank you, owners, managers and service people for an amazing evening! We were treated like "royalty"!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge Improvement!Shelly323Dined on 10/11/2014My family and I have dined at this restaurant several times and every time we have had a minimum of one issue and often more than one. At the prices they were charging, the dining experience should have been excellent. I wanted so badly to like this place because the decor and ambiance is beautiful and it's local. When I heard they had changed their menu and lowered their prices, I wanted to give it another try. I'm so glad we did! Our server, Marisa was outstanding. Everyone at our table was very pleased with both their appetizers and main course. We were too stuffed for dessert. I am looking forward to going back! I hope they can sustain the excellent service and food. If so, we will be regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabuloso!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Exquisite decor, very classy yet comfortable. Service was superb! Food was excellent. Too many great things to choose from. I will keep going back to try every dish on the menu. I just loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food service a tad slowBirthdayDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our mother's 70th birthday. At first our server was very attentive. We had a 6:00 reservation and the dining room was empty. Apps and dinner were served. Minor flaws like not bringing beverages or extra bread in spite of multiple reminders. We ordered dessert at 7:45. It did not arrive until 9:00. By the time it came they were out of my original choice. Worse yet they never brought the cake with candles to sing happy birthday to our mom. Overall food was great but our server needed help and she never got it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in the burbsKingRichardVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is a great find without having to go into Boston. Parking free and food is terrific with an elegant ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable restaurant!DocjrsVIPDined on 9/8/2014We have been to Rosario's 3 times now and have had a great meal each time. They have just revamped the menu and some of my favorites (IE veal chops) are actually priced lower than before!! I can't wait for my next time. Try a martini , They serve them very nicely.Special Features:
- Love Rosaria!MomKnowsBestDined on 8/23/2014Rosaria has it all - great tasting food with excellent presentation, friendly and very attentive servers, and a tastefully decorated atmosphere. We ate off the Bar/Patio menu - we sampled the bruschetta, meatballs, flat bread pizza and the angus beef cheeseburger. Everyone in the party thought the food was excellent. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. The wine list is impressive as well. I have eaten at Rosaria several times and each time the experience has been great. I would highly recommend Rosaria, where you won't find the Kowloon crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saugus gemJoanneDined on 8/16/2014I live on the South Shore in Stoughton and this is my third time at Rosaria in 4 months! I love it here and it was even more beautiful sitting outside to dine on the gorgeous patio. My only disappointment is they are taking the beef short rib in creamy polenta and the halibut off the new menu. They are two of my favorites and I am happy I was able to have them one more time before they go. Outstanding restaurant and I love stopping at the Italian market downstairs prior to dining upstairs. I wish one would open in the South Shore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swaneeDined on 8/16/2014the only thing i found that was: not to great: prices, if they droppped most of the at least: $10.00 on the "higher" end mealsyou would bring in more of a crowd, same for the cocktails: drop them a couple of dollars, $11.00 for martini, yeeeek. (for what we get???) otherwise very nice. i would go back again. PaulaSpecial Features:
- 4isabellalianna11Dined on 8/9/2014We loved Rosaria's. Every time we are there the service is outstanding and the waitress or waiter have always been attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosaria in SaugusOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014I had one of the best steaks I have ever eaten at Rosaria's this past weekend. The steak was perfectly cooked and just melted in your mouth (or that's the way it felt). You get a choice of sauces on the side and I chose the Barolo Mushroom Demi-Glace. Good choice! My husband's steak (NY Strip) was also delicious. Our friends both had halibut and thought it was delicious. As the restaurant filled up, it did get a bit noisy. The view of the outdoor patio with waterfalls and flowers is beautiful and very restful. You would never suspect you were just off Route 1 South in Saugus. The side dishes are generous and could be shared by two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining!BethCDined on 8/1/2014Rosaries never is disappoints. Great service, great wine list and cocktail list and steaks that melt in your mouth. We absolutely love Rosarias.Special Features:
- The following 82 reviews are from the Rosaria reviews archive.
- Wow! What a steak!HappydinerDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed a great dining experience for our anniversary. The sirloin steak melted in my mouth! It was the best steak both my husband and I ever had. My husband enjoyed a fresh mozzarella ball wrapped in prosciutto with eggplant was to die for. Our waitstaff was friendly and provided great service. It was a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- own! Recommending to all!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014Beat Ruth's Chris, in Florida, hands down! Hit it out of the park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got to Capital Grille or Morton'sDannyboyDined on 6/24/2014Rosaria is beautiful restaurant with a friendly waitstaff. The pea soup, beautiful and delicious., The ricotta fritters in the Caesar were eh, the white anchovies tasted like wine marinated herring. Our waitress could not explain the Delmonico - she made it sound like a rough piece of roast beef. She couldn't explain the different sauces, but brought them out to taste. Sirloin was good, not $46 good; the swordfish was very good, but the sauce was poured over the entire dish, not just the veggies. Mac & cheese and leek mashed potatoes were a hit! Desserts disappointing - carrot cake was frozen or old; bread pudding (my fav) was full of dried fruit, well furst time I have not eaten a dessert! Skip the tiramasiu - got to Mike's!
- Great place !!cuzimhappyDined on 6/7/2014Excellent service,great food,would recommend to anyone !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 6/5/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. We found everything to be more than we expected. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and have already recommended it to others. We will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Beautiful place with great service!SueLiDined on 5/28/2014My husband and I took our daughter and son here for an early dinner to celebrate our son's graduation from high school. We were the only people in the restaurant when it opened at 4 so we were able to chat with our waitress quite a bit. Don't be fooled by the exterior of this restaurant. The interior is stunning, very high class, and the service was top notch. The food was also delicious, and the portions generous. There is an outdoor patio which has a lovely view. I would recommend this for a special occasion as it is a little expensive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014the service was unbelievable. they kept the kitchen open late for us because we were running very late for out reservation. they didn;t make us feel rushed at all even though we kept then well after they were closedSpecial Features:
- Everything good but food!blueknightDined on 5/17/2014Restaurant is Beautiful, has the look of a high end steakhouse. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The salads and desserts were excellent but the entrees were problematic. Ravioli was supposed to be served in a cream sauce instead they were dry and served in olive oil, weird. That dish went back. It was explained it was the new chefs first night. Second try was a risotto with shrimp that had no taste. I had a 22oz. porterhouse that was fine but was supposed to be served with fingerling potatoes but had mashed instead. Oddly enough I would still go back to the restaurant for all it's positive attributes but stick to the steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!DarPDined on 5/17/2014This was my second time at Rosaria and I will continue to go back. The food and drinks are wonderful and the restaurant is lovely. They now have outside seating and it's beautiful. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014The food was very good, the only complaint is that the salads were under dressed and light on tomato's, even the caprase.Special Features:
- Food and Service are always good!DinersDined on 4/26/2014Our second visits there, and the food again was very good. Our waitress, Cheryl, was terrific, attentive, and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much NeededLittleRedVIPDined on 4/16/2014From the time we were seated to the time we left, the service was excellent. We both started with a martini. The bread was fresh and the tapenade spread was seasoned perfectly. For starters, he ordered the Cesar salad and I had the Insulata Caprese salad. We both ordered the filet mignon; he ordered his medium rare and I ordered mine rare. Both were cooked to order. The filet's were so tender and delicious. For sides, he ordered the mushroom macaroni and cheese and I ordered the mashed potatoes. The sides are extremely large and there is more than enough to have shared. For dessert, we ordered a carrot cake and a lemon dessert. However, we were so full that we ended up taking them home with us. A great addition to the North Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2014The Food and service was great. Definitely on the very pricey side. $39 for a small piece of filet and had to pay extra for sides (baked potato and veggie). Not sure I would go back unless I had a Groupon again to defer the high cost.Special Features:
- Long waitMaddieDined on 4/12/2014We arrived , waitress was friendly and very good , and placed Our order . Received our drinks and salad and then waited Almost over 2 hours for our meal . That definitely put A damper on the night . Meal was excellent but would not return Due to the troubled long wait .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosaria ~ date nightMartiDined on 4/12/2014I love the feel of this place very elegant and high end. I enjoy dining in a great atmosphere and they certainly have that. I felt the server was there to take care of my every need. We had a great server. our meal: I found our appetizer of mussels to be very tasty but the mussels were extremely small. My partner's steak which was the 22 oz. Prime Rib Eye was fabulous. Unfortunately for me my Delmonico steak was over cooked and not to my liking (I didn't complain) The sides were tasty Asparagus was done perfectly and my twice baked potato was tasty but I like fresh vegetables It is a place that is very high priced for north of Boston.Special Features:
- Great place, great tasteTime2eatDined on 4/5/2014The service was great, the food was great. Very nice presentation of each plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful dinnerJudyDined on 4/5/2014We had a wonderful dinner on Saturday evening. Would recommend this for a great local restaurant if you wanted the Boston feeling without driving in. Food was excellent, service terrific. Only one exception to the whole evening was that our sides were a little late. Our main dish was served and we waited for the extras - a little too long!Special Features:
- Steakhouse should know SteaksMcVoyDined on 4/4/2014We had a bad experience at Rosarias on Friday night. Service was a bit slow even though there were only 5 tables occupied. We both got steak, since it is supposed to be their specialty and we both had to send our steaks back for being cooked incorrectly. Steaks were tasteless and mashed potatoes tasted as if they came from a box. After spending $200 for 2 person dinner we were extremely disappointed and will never go back.
- Outstanding Find!JoanneDined on 4/4/2014From start to finish there was nothing to complain about. We got there early and went into the market downstairs and bought lots of goodies to take home, stuffed peppers, arancini, Italian cookies. This restaurant is lovely, and I can't wait to go back and sit on there outside dining area. The food was amazing. We had the caprese salad which was so inventive and delicious. I had the short ribs with creamy polenta and my friend had the pan seared halibut. We actually had to take our desserts to go because we were so stuffed. I bought a groupon and now I wish I bought ten of them! I highly recommend this place and I will be going back soon. Even though I live on the South Shore, it was worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were great.TonyDined on 3/29/2014The service and food was great. The waitress was very attentive to our needs. She had a good understanding of the menu. My steak was cooked perfect. The restaurants atmosphere and decor is very well decorated. This is my 3rd time and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningGermanForANiteDined on 3/29/2014Everything was awesome from the appetizer to the dessert! We went with another couple. We had a Groupon and were curious about the place. But all the food was well cooked and tasted incredible. We would certainly return even without a discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe P has created a gemMrViVIPDined on 3/28/2014Joe knows food! Great ambience inside, beautful design and decor, decided to eat at bar with 2 friends, service couldn't have been better or more attentive. Food arrived in reasonable time between apps to entrees, hot and delicious. Menu is great, lots of great options from steak to Italian. Something for everyone. Guests were first timers, they loved it, said they couldn't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosariaHoltDined on 3/22/2014VERY enjoyable, but be certain that you allow enough time for a leisurely meal................Special Features:
- Three Strikes, You're OUT...MariaElainaDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I have given Rosaria's three chances to redeem itself... and, sadly, there is no redemption to be had. The atmosphere is Top-Notch... wouldn't change a thing! Beautiful! And, how they serve their martinis... also Top-Notch! Buuuuut, the service (personable, but inexcusably slow), and the FOOD, has NO WOW!!!! :/ How is it that Rosaria's has the atmosphere that it does, charges the prices it does, and time and time again, the food does not live up to expectation? Very sad! I would like to see them succeed, but unfortunately, my husband and I are out of this ball game... Three strikes, you're out!!
- Best local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014You would never know you are local.....you feel like you are on vacation. Food is fabulous and atmosphere great.Special Features: