141 Duane Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rosanjintribeca.com/
- Phone: 2123460664x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm (Last seating at 9:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Kazuki Shimazaki
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located in historic Tribeca, Rosanjin presents its dining room as a perfect venue for exclusive events and private celebrations.
A loft-like dining room hushed by serene lighting serves as an elegant backdrop to your elite culinary experience. Our dining room, designed by Triarch, can comfortably accommodate up to 22 guests.
We collaborate with the host to help shape every detail of the party – from the menu to the elements of presentation, including music, flowers, and personal touches to make the event memorable.
To create your private event, please call 212.346.0664 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Contact: Yuri Park 2123460664x
A word from Rosanjin
Rosanjin has been serving kaiseki, traditional Japanese formal dining experience since 2007, and earned recognition from esteemed establishments such as Micheline (one star) and Forbes (four star). Guests can choose from newly added 5 course menu ($80 pp) which includes a popular sushi course or authentic kaiseki courses ($120, $150, & $200 per person.). Each course can be paired with sake upon request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Rosanjin - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Rosanjin reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (10)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Japanese JewelDiningDocDined on 8/16/2014Japanese food well executed and masterfully presented. The nine course meal was an full evening's experience. This a must have experience for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Great food, amazing. It is difficult to get this level of food even in Japan. Beautiful presentation, wonderful taste. We loved china , too. Very famous artist and chef Rosanjin's legacy is alive here in NYC.Special Features:
- Another worldNYaccroDined on 6/16/2014Kaiseki food as art form. Nine course menu takes you through the different ways to prepare high quality ingredients. All presented with a great sense of detail and artistry. A diiferent culinary experience, not comparable to western offerings. The sake pairing is a wonderful way to learn about this accompaniment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014could be the best kaiseki restaurant outside Kyoto. so good I bring Japanese guests there and they are delighted. pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Just amazingHungryQueenDined on 6/4/2014Every single dish was just amazing. EVERY 9 COURSES. Appetizer to dessert. Beutifully prepared dishes goes amazingly well with sake as well. Highly recommend the sake pairing if you're a sake beginner. The server will nicely explain what you're having every time. Wonderful place to go out for a once in a while special dinner or to experience the whole new level of Japanese food in NYC. You will enjoy the real Japanese cuisine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 161 reviews are from the Rosanjin reviews archive.
- eatwellDined on 5/17/2014Attentive but unobtrusive service in a relaxed atmosphere. Unexpected yet delectable combination of ingredients and flavors in each course, accompanied by perfect sake pairings. The rice dish with sea urchin was our favorite but the entire menu and experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very authentic Kaiseki cuisineFoodieDined on 5/1/2014The restrant offers an authentic Kaiseki course using many ingredients that are not simply available at grocery stores. Each dish is beautifully presented, with the sense of the season. The portion is very small, but I felt more than being full after the 9 dishes. This place is very good for a small business dinner as well as for a romantic occasion. As other reviers wrote, this place can be the quietest restaurant in NYC.Special Features:
- one of the best kaiseki menusasianfoodieDined on 4/21/2014This has to be one if the best kaiseki restaurants in the city. Everything was so beautifully prepared and arranged, and tasted exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good kaiseki foodCPwiseDined on 4/12/2014We had a very nice dinner at Rosanjin, my wife has some food alergies specially for eggs, the chef prepared many dishes without egg, they were amazing, and the service was perfect. The michelin star is very well gained and deserved.Special Features:
- Great place for a special date...Live2EatDined on 12/28/2013I was looking for a place to take my wife out for her birthday and came across this place based on other reviews. I'm glad I decided to try this place out as we had a truly memorable dining experience. The food is great and the presentation even better! The service is awesome and Japanese hospitality truly puts other fancy restaurants to shame. It's a very small place seating less than 25 people, but makes for a nice, quiet and romantic ambience - perfect for conversations! Highly recommend the 9 course menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for trying out once...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/21/2013The presentation of the food each course was done very well, however none of the dishes themselves stood out. I also had trouble understanding a lot of the foods I was eating, the staff all had a very heavy accent.Special Features:
- just go and enjoy the experienceUWSNativeDined on 11/30/2013It's hard to imagine a much better dining experience. The excellent kaiseki dinners coupled with a special ambiance and extremely professional service make Rosanjin a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy but not tasty; Great sakeirkaDined on 11/16/2013Rosanjin is aiming to be a super high end kaiseki restaurant and the atmosphere, the presentation and the service are all lovely but the food falls far short of the mark. It is surely a romantic and "fancy" spot but I value food above all so I will not be back.Special Features:
- StellareminentlyricDined on 11/15/2013Without a doubt, the most intimate restaurant in NY. The service was impeccable, matched by the food and Sake pairings. This is a must for foodies craving a "Dining Experience" Sashimi and Sake.Special Features:
- DeliciousDieterDined on 11/8/2013Japanese with atwist Beautiful food Delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Awesome FoodKeezyDined on 11/5/2013This is our 2nd time here. The food, as per the last time, was superb - fresh and delicious. The rice dish might look simple but with the pickles, it's fantastic - very homely kind of food that warms your heart. Service is top-notch. Only thing is that the service ladies, sometimes they don't articulate the ingredients of the dish very well as they introduce the dish to you, and to make it worse, they speak really fast so it's even tougher to catch what they're saying. But this is not something I would mark down the restaurant for as the food, ambience and service are all excellent. Would return here for another special occasion since it's so expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best!HisabonDined on 11/2/2013We recommend this Japanese Kaiseki restaurant for all American. This is real and best! Even difficult to eat this level Kaiseki in JP. Every course is reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosanjinCharleneisabelleDined on 10/24/2013Food is very fresh and impeccably presented. Service was top notched. Had a little too much fish for my liking but that's a personal preference ambience was great, except that it was marred by 3 inconsiderate yapping ladies who were telling the ENTIRE restaurant about their life story at the top of their lungs.Special Features:
- Highly recommendablelaformicaDined on 10/23/2013very refined cuisine excellent service low noise level for a relaxing experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowCJCbostonDined on 10/7/2013Quiet room, space between the tables. Elegant and overall brilliant start to finish. Each course at least great and some spectacular. Wow again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing authentic Japanese cuisineLaineySDined on 8/17/2013I am absolutely and totally in love with this place. The food is authentic and on par with best restaurants in Tokyo (where I lived for over 6 years). The service is truly top-notch, they treat you like royalty. Great value, too, compared to similar restaurants in NYC. Cant' wait to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJaeyJDined on 8/7/2013Every single dish is like a piece of art, the waitress was also very friendly and knowledgeable about the ingredients. Wonderful experience, very romantic and comfortable!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2013We had a lovely dinner at Rosanjin. It was expensive, to be sure, but our evening was unique, graceful, thoughtful, and worth every penny. We had the $80 kaiseki and added the sake tasting, which is well worth it and adds to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A feast for all the senses...sdkhDined on 5/14/2013Rosanjin is a wonderful, serene option for dinner with fine food, beautifully presented, and a lovely, quiet dining environment. The service is friendly and helpful. The only slightly off note is the porion size, which is small given the cost. Perhaps this is not an issue with the more expensive options with more courses than the basic 7 or 8 course option, which felt a bit skimpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Japanese food in NY.HisabonDined on 5/4/2013This restaurant definitely best Japanese in NY. We always visit because of best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, unique Japanese cookingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2013Food was very unique and authentic. Excellent all around. Extremely quiet, small restaurant good for a romantic special occasion.Special Features:
- Rosanjin was an incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2013Rosanjin was an incredible experience. We could not have been happier with the food, the presentation or the ambiance!Special Features:
- My nine-course kaiseki dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2013My nine-course kaiseki dinner with paired sake was the best meal I've ever had. Anywhere. Rosanjin is expensive, but it is worth it.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2013Outstandingly amazing. It's worth every penny. Can't wait to find another occasion to bring more friends for dinner.Special Features:
- Beautiful but bland dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2013I went to Rosanjin and ordered the highest end menu for my wife's birthday. Of the nine courses, they started out well enough, and there were a few great dishes such as the fish entree they served that night, but most of it wasn't very flavorful. Everything was plated so beautiful, and it was easy to appreciate the freshness of every ingredient, but most dishes were bland. I've had quite a bit of Japanese food - both high-end and low-end - and this was one of the more disappointing spots I've been to, especially for the hefty cost.Special Features:
- in my top 3 NYC restaurants......aamomDined on 4/8/2013in my top 3 NYC restaurants......a gem that we go to whenever we are in New York...oh heck, maybe my #1 restaurant in NYC
- Best Japanese Restaurant in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2013Great food quality and overall experience. The chef selection was outstanding from beginning to end. We were stuck in traffic for a good hour and the restaurant was flexible enough to keep our reservation. The waitress explanation of the dishes and the sakes that came with them was very useful!Special Features:
- I had planed a special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013I had planed a special evening with my Girl - and with the Rosanjin it could not start better! Very nice, quiet and outstanding food. Perfekt. Next time I will visit NY, I will also visit Rosanjin.Special Features:
- A fantastic and authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2013A fantastic and authentic treasure of this specialty Japanese cuisine of Kaiseki. Exquisite presentation, ingredients, and genuine passion for perfection mark this restaurant's efforts at giving diners an experience that few outside of Japan get to have...Special Features:
- A Treasure for the SensesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2013Simply exquisite : Food,Presentation,Ambiance, Service. A refined delight. A treasured experience on every levelSpecial Features:
- A true gem!WenZhuoDined on 2/7/2013This was our third visit to Rosanjin and as in both previous dinners, we enjoyed a beautiful evening with delicate food made of the freshest and best seasonal ingredients, some flown in from Japan, nicely presented, and served by competent, friendly staff. Rosanjin is really a gem, there is quality in everything and I would recommend this restaurant to every lover of Japanese cuisine. We will certainly return to enjoy the next season's delicacies.Special Features:
- Great food. Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2013The food was amazing. We had the 9-course meal and each dish builds up suitably for the next. It was fortunate that we came hungry because the little dishes proved filling in the end. Each dish is well put together flavour- and presentation-wise. I had to take a photo of each because they look beautiful. The service was very warm yet unintrusive. The owner personally came up to us at the end of our dinner to ask about our experience and thank us for the visit. I asked for an electronic copy of the dinner and sake pairing and it was e-mailed promptly.Special Features:
- Premium Japanese food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2013-Premium Japanese food experience. All products are very fresh and tasty. Chef is exceptional. -Best way to discover Japanese cuisine (forget about the sushis). -Small cozy restaurant with only a few tables (fitting at most 20-30 clients). Quiet and dark (perfect for romantic dinners). -High-quality authentic service. Waitresses are caring and very knowledgeable about the menu and wine/sake list. -Great place to taste different kinds of sake. -Well-worth the one Michelin star.Special Features:
- Beautiful presentation. HadhappydinerDined on 2/2/2013Beautiful presentation. Had the 9 course kaiseki menu.Special Features:
- Food is very good and nicelyjpfitDined on 1/25/2013Food is very good and nicely presented. Portions are pretty small, menu is fixed for 80 or 120 usd and in my opinion too pricey for the what you get.Special Features: