1237 Washington Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63103Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rosalitascantina.com/
- Phone: (314) 621-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Off-Site Catering is available. Options will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room seating up 60 people. Parties can order off the dinner menu, offer a fixed dinner menu, or have buffet-style dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Chris 3146212700
A word from Rosalita's Cantina
Rosalita's Cantina provides a unique drinking and dining experience in the heart of the historic Washington Avenue Loft District. Combining the upscale environment of downtown with classic Mexican cuisine and cocktails, Rosalita's is sure to offer an upbeat and exciting food and drink atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rosalita's Cantina - Best Restaurants in Downtown St. Louis ›
Rosalita's Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Fun, laid-back, great MexicanKellyDined on 11/7/2014I was glad that we went ahead and made a reservation on open table. When we arrived, there was quite a wait. We loved the ambience and the food, though our server wasn't the greatest. I hate when servers don't write down orders, they always arrive incorrect. I was pumped to try the butternut squash tamale, but was brought the chicken instead. Regardless, I would totally recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!lvfoodDined on 10/7/2014Went to Rosalita's with my dining group who is rather picky. They enjoyed their meal and said they would come back. They had the Chimy and said it was delish! I had the guacamole and tamales. Both were good, I would get the guacamole again. The tamales were heavy on masa and light on filling so wouldn't get those. I would go back to try some of the other selections.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great AmbienceHunting4foodDined on 9/29/2014We met friends from out of town for dinner at Rosalita's. We sat outside in the courtyard dining area, and it was great. Food was very good, and the service was even greater. Our waitress was a hoot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday FunKatyDined on 9/20/2014We had great service and awesome food! Drinks were never empty and our bellies were full! Get the table side guacamole totally worth the extra money!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food & margsTyzmoDined on 9/19/2014Came for my wife's birthday. The food came out fast, hot and delicious. We had the barbacoa tacos and the chicken fajitas. The margaritas were the best I've ever had! Seriously. Atmosphere is hoppin but you can find taes that are a bit more private. Overall, loved it. Also, very reasonably prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014First time to Rosalita's. We had a wonderful time. The food was great and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop in for happy hourJTSTLDined on 9/5/2014Again good time at Rosie's margaritas were fabulous waiter wasn't the best but not bad I prefer the gay waiter he is amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanLuvmexcuisineDined on 8/29/2014Been to Rosalitas several times and always have great experiences! Great margaritas and guacamole! Awesome happy hour and favorite place to meet before Cardinal and Blues games. Convenient free bus to and from the games right out front!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CantinaIhearttexmexDined on 8/17/2014Great experience found during restaurant week downtown st. louisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit here and I Love it. Food was great drinks was great and we experienced great service. Well recommendedSpecial Features:
- The following 181 reviews are from the Rosalita's Cantina reviews archive.
- Try the beef enchiladasFoodSpecialist01Dined on 7/25/2014After years in Texas and Arizona, we have missed tasty Mexican food and good margaritas. Rosalita's fills an empty spot in our moving back to St. Louis. Loved the mildly zingy white queso. We usually avoid restaurant queso, but we will order this again. The paper thin corn chips are winners. We got some to take home, and we also took home some of their salsa. That is very tasty without being lip numbing. We ate outside, very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksarchgatorDined on 7/19/2014Thanks for a nice time! Food was good, as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great texmexjcoston2010VIPDined on 7/18/2014Great atmosphere, great food, great drinks, hard to not like this place.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour Spot!Foodie3VIPDined on 7/2/2014I was drawn to Rosalita's because it was close to the City Musuem and my family and I were looking for a bite to eat. All their apps were $3 off and the house margaritas were $4. The patio was wonderful and had a kid friendly menu. I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in STL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican on WashingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014The food was good, service was good but not overly crowded for a Friday night. I think they must have great happy hour specials because there were a lot of sloppy drunk people in the bathroom fairly early into the night. The floors felt sticky would be my only complaint- and I feel like if they aren't keeping it clean where the customers are- how dirty is it where we can't see? Just a thoughtSpecial Features:
- NiceDateNightDined on 6/14/2014We went out for the downtown scene and this restaraunt was nice.service was good and environment was good. Nachos were really good. My husband didn't like his tacos very much but I think we would still give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fajitas!!NoahsmomDined on 6/13/2014Place was very loud, service a little slow but the food more than made up for it! Fajitas were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyBedaDined on 6/6/2014Enjoyed our meal, drinks, and the service. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2014We were really disappointed in Rosalita's Cantina. The nice patio setting on a lovely night was promising, but the mediocre food and the horrible service ruined the evening. Our server, while friendly enough, seemed lazy and inattentive. Not only did she get our order wrong, she frequently disappeared for long periods of time, leaving us without napkins, utensils, and later without water and beverage refills. She was found sitting behind the servers' section playing on her phone! Ugh!Special Features:
- Food falls short.HbrayVIPDined on 5/25/2014This place is convenient to downtown St. Louis, but the food and Margaritas were well below par according to the opinions of all our seven diners.
- Friday night fiestaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Got there in time for happy hour. $4 margaritas (yum). We had fajita's, chicken with shrimp and a burrito. All good and filling. Chips and salsa were served too. Good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatjcoston2010VIPDined on 4/25/2014I love this place. Great food and drink. Great place to go with friends or on a date.Special Features:
- Overall everything was grood!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Overall everything was grood! It started off a little slow as we had to ask for chips and salsa after sitting for 10 min. Then thy brought 2 baskets of chips for 7 people and no salsa. We asked for that 10 min later and they brought one bowl - really?? One of the memebers has food allergeys and she requested no guach, which they ignored. She also can only drink wine and they were out of chardonay. The food was good and it came quick once we did order. I would try it again and our group did have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, fun placeHipsterDined on 4/11/2014Since we had an Open Table reservation, we were seated immediately. There was an 1 1/2 hour wait at the time we arrived. The food was great, service was good. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family TimeCarolDined on 4/10/2014We had a family meal after our granddaughter's dance competition. Had a wonderful time celebrating together. The food and drinks were all great. Our table was on the balcony near the back - pleasant surroundings but a little out of the mainstream loudies. Perfect for us. My only regret is after carefully packing our leftovers, we forgot and left them on the table. And I was looking forward to a quesadilla for breatfast!Special Features:
- DissapointedSDblissgirlVIPDined on 4/10/2014After seeing the reviews on Open Table, we thought this would be a gem. Arrived and were seated outside, table was dirty, the hostess fumbled to clean it and we finally helped her. We waited for about 10 minutes as servers kept passing our table without any greeting. Finally we flagged someone down, order chips, salsa and the "tableside guacamole" and some appetizers. Server came out with a different guacamole apologizing that the tableside guacamole was not available that evening (even though it was Thursday and the menu said it was available Thurs, Friday and Saturday?). She said she would be right back with chips. No wait...seriously?! Waited another 10 minutes for chips hungrily looking at the guacamole. I am out of text space...
- will try againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Have eaten here before and loved it. Could have been an off night. Our server was new. She forgot the chicken on our nachos but didn't seem too concerned about it; she was rarely around. Phoned in earlier that it was my daughter's 16th birthday. Was told she would receive a free dessert. Nothing was ever mentioned. We will go back because we like the atmosphere and know that things could be better. Great margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014I love rosalitas and always have. This is my go to place downtown everytime I go to lunch. Thier margaritas and queso are to die for. This time, I had a little issue with seating. I booked my reservation 2 hours in advance for a group of 5 and they could not seat me. It was my birthday and I booked it so there would be no problem getting all of my friends at the table. We walked in at 2 pm and she said they did not get my reservation until about 155 pm. In which I had a confirmation saying the reservation was set at noon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeStlouiseaterDined on 3/14/2014Enjoyed a wonderful meal with the wife before a show next door. We ate inside but would love to come back to dine on the patio. The happy hour specials are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good on two visitsReggieDined on 3/7/2014This was our second visit and we enjoyed the food, the service and the margaritas. The first time we went for brunch and enjoyed the music, the food, service and the energy level.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceLexyDined on 2/21/2014We went in for dinner on a Friday night with a group of 8 ladies. We had a reservation, (that they held for an extra 30 minutes because we were running late). Our waiter encouraged us to order drinks quickly because happy hour was ending! Our food came out quickly and was hot and delicious! Normally with large groups it takes forever, but we were out of there in an hour ...which is perfect because we had somewhere to be! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - drinks so / sojessieDined on 2/16/2014The food here was good - we had been before on a Saturday and wanted table side guacamole - it is only available Fri and Sat - so we ordered the normal guac instead - it was ok - the other food was good - on the down side - the drinks were also just ok - nothing spectacular in the margarita - which is sad for a Mexican placeSpecial Features:
- Loved the margaritas and tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Loved the margaritas and table side guacamole! The food was very good service great at! Enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2014We recently visited here for my Wife's birthday. The service was great, food was served quick and was very tasty. My burrito was so big though, I had to save it for the next day Our server , SAM, was very attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some awesome food, with quickOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Some awesome food, with quick delivery of food. Seriously 10 minutes from sitting down and ordering we received our food. Tremendous place for mexican foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatstlgerryDined on 1/24/2014Consistently good food, good service, and great atmosphere. One of our favorites! This last visit, we tried table side guacamole for the first time, and it was awesome! Cadillac fajitas were incredible, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodElke29Dined on 1/17/2014The food was amazing, the server rachel really nice. Only sad thing: we mentioned that it's my husband's birthday and as far as i know they offer you a free desert (well, at least last time i was there with a friend for her birthday). Our server did nothing, that was a little sad even she was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicejbkummDined on 12/31/2013The service was excellent. We were seated immediately upon arrival with menus. Our drink order was taken and returned promptly and the food was delivered before we were able to have a few sips of our drinks. Margarita's were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tableside GuacamoleDaveMVIPDined on 12/28/2013Great experience. Superlative Tableside guacamole, wonderful frozen margaritas, and tasty, well-prepared entrees. Our table of five had a great time. Our only complaint was inadequate lighting to read the menu; our cell phones came in handy to see menus and meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican FoodjimcDined on 12/21/2013Rosalita's had great food, and ambiance. I think that everyone in our group thought that their food was some of the best mexican food that they had ever had. Try the table-side quacamole and the appetizer tamales.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.