50 Aborn St
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosalina-ri.com/
- Phone: 4012707330
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Rosalina
Italian inspired kitchenContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Rosalina - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Rosalina reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (12)romantic (9)special occasion (9)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Good energy level - good vegetarian options - nice bar choices- nice ambiance. Cauliflower dishes yummy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfetto!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Authentic, original Italian food. Knowledgeable service and friendly owner. Will return again and again!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant now!SuperDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding,especially the appetizers! We shared the appetizers and ordered 3 meals to share among 6 girls. We all thought it was fabulous. The server was outstanding and so helpful and friendly. We were not rushed at all. The owner came to our table and gave us complimentary glasses ofhomemade limoncello. Definitely going back very soon. Valet parking also, and he was so friendly, also.Special Features:
- Second time was the charmTable42Dined on 8/23/2014We had tried this restaurant during their soft opening period and were delighted with one dish, but had to send another one back. Still the service was excellent and based on the gnocchi, we decided to try it again. My husband enjoyed The daily special of steamed clams with garlic toast. I had the eggplant Parmesan appetizer and a salad, both were generous portions. We loved it and will be returning soon. Do not expect to have a quiet conversation as this place is quite lovely. Valet parking was a nice plus too.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014Food was delicious from the bread through the dinners. The pasta wss cooked perfectly. The bolognese was fabulous. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - odd servicecarjackmaloneDined on 8/20/2014Came here with my wife for our anniversary, hoping that Rosalina would sort out our need for reasonably-priced, non-Goombah Italian food in Providence. The kitchen held up its end -- our burrata first course was lovely and our pasta courses (my pappardelle bolognese; her spaghetti with sauteed squash) were terrific. Bar and host staff were helpful, cheerful, and efficient; service for dinner was friendly but somewhere between distracted and disinterested. Slight fails included leaving the hot sauce for our oysters on the table through dessert (although points for bringing it unasked with the apps) and a bizarre lack of effort in my wife's simple request to have a scoop of both the hazelnut gelato (which was lovely) and the vanilla.Special Features:
- Nice Addition to the ScenemlfpvdDined on 8/19/2014I found Rosalina to be a really nice addition to the downcity dining scene. Its location is a little off the main streets, so people are going to have to learn about it, but they will not be disappointed. The menu is a fun variety of takes on traditional Italian dishes with some Mediterranean variations and local ingredients thrown in. The portion sizes are moderate (unusual for Providence's robust Italian restaurants) but very well prepared and tasty. I especially liked the chilled calamari appetizer. Note that the preparations are a little different that the run-of-the-mill restaurants, so don't be caught off guard.Special Features:
- returning just fothe olive oil!out2eatDined on 8/7/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my greek salad (no lettuce :-) lunch at Rosalinas, but was overwhelmed by the amazing olive oil served to us with the bread. Her menu for lunch was really reasonably priced and everything was better than i have had anywhere in a very long time! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, mixed serviceluv2travelDined on 7/26/2014At first, the service was amazing. Appetizers were brought out quickly. I recommend getting the eggplant parm. as an appetizer. The owner's mother came over to our table to introduce herself and see how we were doing. She was very personable, knowledgeable and proud of the food being served, and really made us feel important. Then, the restaurant got busy and it was as if we were instantly neglected. We found bread crumbs floating in our waters and our en-trees took a good hour to come out. They were wonderful when we got them though. We weren't in any hurry but it was enough time for us to wonder if they forgot about us. Server was apologetic but then took forever to bring our check, even after asking two employees for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting food and locationRicalves74Dined on 7/25/2014Great high quality food, very reasonable prices, and professional staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Added surprise of bellydancing!JessieDined on 7/19/2014My friends and I went here over the weekend of 7/20/14 and had a great time! The drinks were tasty, the food was really delicious, and best of all, the owners had a bellydancer for the other owner's birthday! Dinner and a show, I love places that don't take themselves too seriously. It took a little longer than desired to get our drinks, but otherwise everything was really incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newbie doesn't disappoint!MeghanSDined on 7/15/2014This newbie on the Providence food scene is great! Delicious menu - old family recipes - and huge portions. Staff was friendly and happy to slow our meal down so we could enjoy the night. Would go back!Special Features:
- Rosalina is the new place to trynomnomnomzzzDined on 7/12/2014If you're looking for a place with great food, good service and a fantastic ambience, look no further. It also has a great number of vegetarian options for the non-meat lovers.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014The food combinations listed on the menu were inventive and sounded delicious, but the appetizers and the meal were just average. Prices are very reasonable and the food is good, but just wasn't overly impressive. I kept thinking that everything I ordered was missing something. The restaurant was very clean and the staff extremely friendly. The owner went to every single table and greeted the customers and made sure they got everything they needed. I would probably go back again based solely on the service and ambience, but it wouldn't be my first pick for a spot for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Dining2nightDined on 7/12/2014What a beautiful restaurant ! It has the feal of a chic NY city place. Cocktail list was fantastic. I had the satin doll with elderberry liquor and prosecco ( delicious ). For apps my husband and I shared the eggplant app and buratta cheese with citrus fruit. The apps were well presented and fabulous. For the main course we had the bolognese and swordfish . Best bolognese sauce I've ever had and my husband loved his swordfish. Dessert was Cheesecake that the owners pick up from NY themselves!! Now that's passion. The food was awesome and I can tell they use nothing but the best quality ingredients. Service was great and the owner even stopped by our table to see if we enjoyed our food. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SJayVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food on hand was very good, but some menu items were not available.Special Features:
- Kitchen needs helpLocalboy2Dined on 6/28/2014We were seated and greeted on time which is always a plus. Our waiter was good, drinks and food orders taken in a timely manner. Kind of downhill after that as the kitchen was very slow. Waited over 30 minutes for apps. They were quite good but the wait was too long and the main dishes were served as we were finishing the apps which is a pet peeve of mine. The food was good not great but the waiting game made for a less than pleasant experience. And it was not just us, it seemed like nothing came out of the kitchen for any table for quite a longtime.
- Meh food, TERRIBLE SERVICESluggosixtyfiveVIPDined on 6/26/2014The space is appealingly modern and comfortable. After our party of 5 waited 30 mins then had to ask for WATER, a waiter never came after that. We had to get up and ask AGAIN for service, and finally got drinks and food ordered after 40 minutes of sitting there. As for the food....The Bolognese was quite good , the corn panzanella salad was a big bowl of corn (with silk in it), a few cherry tomatoes and crutons and little dressing. (I wouldn't have served that at home.) Very unimpressed overall, and unfortunately, probably wouldn't come back with so many other good food options in PVD. (We did get our drinks comped for the ridiculously long wait.)
- The following 0 reviews are from the Rosalina reviews archive.