Rosa Mexicano - DC
575 7th St. NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: (202) 783-5522
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Steve Lukis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. For Large Party Reservations, please contact: Janice L. Conner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.783.5522 for more information.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - DC
Directly across from the Verizon Center, Rosa Mexicano has been serving classic Mexican cuisine for over 20 years. Try the famous guacamole, prepared tableside, & sip a frozen pomegranate margarita while enjoying the festive, stylish and comfortable ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Rosa Mexicano - DC - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
Rosa Mexicano - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
277 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (109)fit for foodies (106)hot spot (80)great for lunch (65)neighborhood gem (64)vibrant bar scene (62)special occasion (56)great for outdoor dining (36)kid-friendly (31)romantic (22)late-night find (20)scenic view (18)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Old faithful style diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/24/2014Nothing new or exciting at Rosa Mexicano. Kind of like an old pair of slippers. They fit and do the job and you aren't expecting more. Service tends to be polite but tired. The menu is old and uninspired. The food is tasty though. You will never get a bad meal, but you will never get a fine meal either. In short, RM gets the job done, but the food trucks parked across from the Verizon center offer stiff competition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I visited DC last week and basically ate at Rosa's by default...and we were both very glad we did. Rosa's wasn't listed as a DC favorite on either of the travel apps we used as a loose guide for dining. The food was great, our waiter was very helpful describing certain dishes and drinks, and the dining experience as a whole was very much enjoyed. We spent a week in DC and had several really good meals, but we both enjoyed our experience at Rosa's the most.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a First date here and was delighted.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Took a first date here and even though it was a bit noisy and busy we had a great time. I got the beef rib enchiladas and she got the stuffed pepper. Guacamole at the table side was delicious. And the margaritas were divine. I got the Chile Margarita and was surprised how amazing it was. Great spot would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat before the shownannerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Ate dinner there before the Stevie Wonder concert. The gaucamole was great as always and the service was prompt. Patrons cheered when they played a Stevie Wonder song.Special Features:
- loud but great food4foodVIPDined on 11/9/2014The food was fresh and fabulous, but it was extremely difficult to have a conversation as our table was near the bar area which was overflowing with guests. We had reservations which I would highly suggest and were seated within 15 minutes of our arrival.Special Features:
- Verizon Center NeighborEatandEnjoyDined on 11/8/2014Excellent pre-game choice for dinner, but make a reservation sufficiently in advance to allow sufficient time to sit, eat and get to the game. They will accommodate your being in a hurry, but that takes from the pleasure of an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, food, and serviceFoodjunkieDined on 11/8/2014We went to Rosa Mexicano for my wife's birthday and it was nothing short of perfect. The food was great, and the service and wait staff were Awesome and very attentive. The table side Guac is a must and they make some killer margaritas! Will definitely be back again! We went the night of a Caps game so they were packed, but they knew how to handle it well. The wait wasn't bad and food came in good time considering how packed it was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service was a Disappointmentladybugj15Dined on 11/8/2014Our waitress was great all night until we were handed the dessert menu and once we told her we'd be a few minutes to decide (since we had full drinks), she took the menu and brought our check. Once we signed the check, she didn't come back to us the rest of the time we were there. As paying customers and huge fans of Rosa, it was disappointing to see this level of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's getting bettershikDined on 11/8/2014The food and the service were even better than usual. thumbs up!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicedesantbtDined on 11/8/2014As always, the food and drinks were phenomenal. The service was top notch as well. Best carne asada tacos of my life!Special Features:
- Menu/foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Food was rather bland. Menu used to have legit mexican cuisine. Now almost tex-mex. Seasonings were lacking completely.
- Best chain good aroundLocalFoodLoverVIPDined on 11/7/2014Not the most authentic Mexican, but solid food, good flavors and excellent table-side guac.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealSiscfamilyDined on 11/7/2014Best Mexican food in Penn Quarter. The wait staff was especially attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too ImpressedJascyDined on 11/5/2014I thought I would give the place another chance after first time there, which didn't impress me and neither did the second time. The food was over-priced for the taste. For a Mexican restaurant, I thought the food was very bland. The service was not up to par. Had to flag down the wait staff. A person sat at next table for 10 minutes and no one ever served them. We gave them some of our chips and dip while they waited to be served.
- Love the Mole!!!!ManyaDined on 11/1/2014My date and I went during Halloween weekend and were lucky enough to have the special menu that included the chicken enchiladas with mole. Soooo good!!! As always, the guacamole was a winner too. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable as well. On the minus side was being put into a very sterile side dining room and the kitchen sending our food out so fast that it was clear they were all about turning the table. It was really fast. Like, 10 minutes fast. Good for lunch, not so much for a Saturday night. I will go back, but will be sure to request the main dining room and will tell my server in advance that I prefer a more leisurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa Mexicano DCBetsyDined on 11/1/2014As per usual, we had a wonderful evening. We were seated on time and finished on time to get to Metro to get to Arena Stage for an 8:00 p.m. curtain. Would highly recommend to anyone who likes Mexican food; their menu is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy this restaurantCMMTHVIPDined on 11/1/2014I have been here many times...always good. The side show of the avocado dip preparation, the friendly staff, the good food. This time, some little touches--a sample of the sauce for the reticent 16-year-old at the table who was trying to figure whether his order would be too spicy, the marketing of the special (enchilada in a special mole sauce) which turned out to be every bit as good as promised, the delivery with flourish of the Mexican doughnuts to the same 16-year-old who delighted in dessert. As ever, crowded, busy, buzzy, and very good.Special Features:
- Perfect StartOC2DCniteoutDined on 10/31/2014We used the OpenTable app to make a reservation while we were standing in line! There was a wait, but it was a Friday and there was a concert at Verizon Center (which we were going to). We were sat about 30 minutes after our reservation, but were able to relax and enjoy our meal. I realize it's tough to keep people from "camping out" at tables. The guacamole is awesome! So much so we had too much and couldn't finish our taco entrees. My date had the fish tacos, which she thought were very good. I had the beef/steak tacos which I had to assemble. They were essentially fajitas. The meat was tasty, but a little tough. Overall we enjoyed our experience.
- Awesome preshow dinnerDPW1VIPDined on 10/31/2014The Dia de Los Muertos menu was excellent. We had a great time before a great show at the Verizon Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Been twice Third time comingIwillreturnforsureDined on 10/31/2014Super food, outstanding service , and wow locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely evening with friendsJohnEOVIPDined on 10/30/2014Glad we returned. Good food and service. Will return again.Special Features:
- SaraTDined on 10/30/2014The tableside guacamole is the main draw. The other dishes are fine. It's a little pricey (although the happy hour menu, served only at the bar, seems very reasonable)
- Great FoodWalkerDined on 10/29/2014Rosa Mexicano has it all. A great location when attending a Caps game. Fast, friendly service. Great food. A must hit while in DC. Will definitely be eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in MexicoPhilipDeVIPDined on 10/27/2014Rose Mexicano goes through various phases, unsure about how authentic its Mexican food should be. This visit struck me as definitely a step in the right direction, with the black beans and rice restored. I do not know how they do it, but the sides of black beans and rice are the best I've ever had. Margaritas, too, were wonderful, at least when got them as requested, without the inauthentic agave sweetener which now comes standard. Unfortunately, there seemed to be no hot sauce available, and the entrée could definitely have used some.Special Features:
- Great spot for authentic MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Rosa Mexicano was recommended to me by several friends who knew I would be visiting the Washington D.C. are. It was excellent. I travel to Mexico frequently for work, and I this is the best Mexican food I have had at a restaurant in the US.Special Features:
- Always goodPSBDCVIPDined on 10/25/2014There is a Mexican food, and then there is Rosa. There's really no comparison. It comes with a high price, but, sometimes, it's worth it.Special Features:
- Extraordinary servicejoyceVIPDined on 10/24/2014Delicious varied menu choices, Reasonably priced. Great location,excellent staff. Extremely busy because of horse show and they were very attentive to our needs, and very accommodating when we belatedly told him of our tight schedule. Gave us a scrumptious complimentary surprise appetizer. Desserts always excellent. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- holy guacamole!ffl82Dined on 10/18/2014We ordered the spicy guacamole, which wasn't exactly spicy, but it was DELICIOUS! In fact, it was some of the best we've ever had! Pork tacos & enchiladas were also fabulous. The only negative was the red sangria, which was too sweet without much kick to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AmwTcwDined on 10/18/2014It is the only restaurant I like to go to before an event at the Verizon center! Simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemarneDined on 10/18/2014Simply great food and great service. We had an excellent dinner and will be back again and again. Also, there is a large selection for gluten free friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best guacamole in town!LoveMexicanDCDined on 10/17/2014Guacamole made right at your table in front of your eyes - you can't get any better than that. The food was great - the service was even better. At the Penn Quarter location in DC, get a table by the window so you can see the happenings in front of the Verizon Center right across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa's 2014HighlanderDined on 10/17/2014I had the baja fish tacos. They were overcooked, not enough sauce, too much cold cabbage, just not that great. The side dishes were good. I used to love the food at Rosa's, but it is not as exceptional now as it was a couple of years ago, at least not for my taste. With all the competition in D.C., it's important that every dish is excellent. That's what it takes to bring me back.
- BanditDined on 10/16/2014Great food and service, but the noise is very loud during Capitals game days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-hockey mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014GREAT service! Good food, convenient to the Verizon Center for some pre-game dinner.Special Features:
- Quiet SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014I asked for a quieter space because I have a hearing impairment. When I walked-in, I was concerned because of the din. In fact, the hostess had difficulty hearing me! But, all was well, they showed me to a table in a small room with 10-15 tables where it was considerably quieter. My companion and I enjoyed a great meal and good conversation. Don't be fooled by the address - the restaurant is actually at the intersection F and 7th NW with the entrance on F opposite the Verizon Center and the entrance to the Metro. Great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican FoodDinnerwithHubbyDined on 10/16/2014Ate here with a nephew and husband before going to an evening show. I will say that we were seated near the bar and it was full and a bit loud (sometimes had to raise my voice for my nephew to hear me). Love the guacamole that's made at your table (with varying degrees of heat). The marguerita special that evening was pomegranate and it was quite good! My husband and nephew both had enchiladas and they seemed to enjoy them (the plates were cleaned). I had chicken layered with tortillas and cheese and it was very good. We each had desserts -- flan, ice cream sundae, and special dessert (crepes with caramel sauce and ice cream). All were very good though I would have liked a little more caramel sauce with the crepe.
- Good, but not outstandingsawtooth6Dined on 10/16/2014The food and service was good, but neither was outstanding. We ordered the three course lunch. I did not like the fact that we had to assemble our tacos with the small plates they presented each of us. The cheese was burnt and stuck to the bottom of the cast iron plate the food was served in. Good, but definitely nothing specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Great place - very noisy but otherwise perfect! .....................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/14/2014I love Rosa. Eat there a lot in Chevy Chase and in downtown DC. I think the food is very good. The only thing I don't like is their chips and salsa. The chips seem cake-y to me...a little thick. And the salsa (at least the last time I went) was very chunky. Lots of big chucks of peppers and tomatoes but little liquid. Made it hard to dip chips.
- berdieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Perfect place for a caps game. Service is fast and the food is greatSpecial Features: