Rosa Mexicano - DC
575 7th St. NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 2027835522x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Steve Lukis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. For Large Party Reservations, please contact: Janice L. Conner at email@example.com or 202.783.5522 for more information.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - DC
Directly across from the Verizon Center, Rosa Mexicano has been serving classic Mexican cuisine for over 20 years. Try the famous guacamole, prepared tableside, & sip a frozen pomegranate margarita while enjoying the festive, stylish and comfortable ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Rosa Mexicano - DC - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
Rosa Mexicano - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (95)fit for foodies (89)special occasion (81)great for lunch (79)vibrant bar scene (61)neighborhood gem (56)hot spot (54)great for outdoor dining (50)romantic (30)kid-friendly (24)great for brunch (24)late-night find (21)scenic view (17)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Guacamole must be ordered!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014At Rosa Mexicano, one must indulge in the treat that is the guacamole made table side. The freshness, ingredients, and overall presentation are a must for any visit to this establishment. Extremely knowledgeable staff as well. Excellent mixologists tending the bar. Overall a pure pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night spotDPW1Dined on 8/29/2014The food was great. The service was good. My husband and I had a great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MexicanAnonymousDined on 8/27/2014We always go to Rosa Mexicano when we attend theatre nearby. Pricey (for Mexican) but always very good. The tableside guacamole preparation is fun to watch even if it's for someone else, and the cheese enchiladas are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar service badAnonymousVIPDined on 8/27/2014We are at the bar -- big mistake. There were only 2 groups of 2 at the bar and yet the service was bad, they forgot to bring items we ordered and were generally uninterested in the fact that we were there.
- Consistently DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/26/2014I've been a fan of Rosa Mexicano since it opened in NYC in the 80's. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Mexican foodLauranapiranhaDined on 8/22/2014Overall had a good experience. Chose the 3 course option, food was tasty. Service was slow and unable to understand how to accommodate guacamole requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/19/2014I've have been to RM plenty of times and the service and food is always great but this time it was just ok. My chicken quesadilla was kind of dry and I had to ask twice to get some sour cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible servicenannerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times and was excited to be taking my husband for his first visit. We ate outside since it was a lovely evening. I don't know if our waiter was new or just bad, but we had to flag him down to take our order and it went downhill from there. He brought the wrong entrée to my husband, who then had to wait for almost 15 minutes to get the right one. The waiter forgot to bring another glass of sangria also. The food was great and the guacamole was inspired! However, my husband said that he would never return due to the bad service. I love the food and will be back and hope the service improves...
- LagunaDined on 8/16/2014Great food and atmosphere. Love the chicken and steak tacos. And the guac is amazing. Fun atmosphere. The night we went service was a little slow.Special Features:
- AmazingMsPickyDined on 8/16/2014First time here, I will however say I was impressed. The service was great had reservations for 6:45 pa arrived early and was seated immediately. The waitress was awesome, she was able to recommend great dishes and drinks. The ambience is great for a romantic date.Special Features:
- My FavoriteDPW1Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I go there often and have a great experience every time. The food and service are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be MUCH betterYaniDined on 8/15/2014Rosa Mexicano food quality has diminished over the years. I used to be a huge fan and was looking forward to Restaurant Week. It was sadly disappointed. The waiter was excellent but the food left much to be desired for my friend and I that dined together. The food was just "OK" quality which I could have cooked at home for myself. When I dine out, I want the "WOW" factor in my food but that is not what we got. The enchilladas were supposed to have shredded chicken but it was really chunks of chicken and the fish tacos were just bland with no real taste. I was TRULTY disappointed with this meal over all. The manager came over to check on us and voiced our concerns and she just walked away.
- Very nice placeQuezDined on 8/15/2014We were there for restaurant week and the reputation of the establishment. We were not disappointed. The guacamole is made on the spot and the food is good. Get there early, it fills up fast.Special Features:
- nicknameVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great for restaurant week! The serving sizes are huge and they let you pick from the entire menu. Also great that you can substitute dessert for a margarita. Loved it.
- 4th year & loving it more each time4thandgreatDined on 8/10/2014This is our 4th year coming here for our anniversary. I can never say enough good things about Rosa. We are lucky enough that our anniversary falls during the ice cream festival every year. We love seeing what creations they come up with each year and trying them, We will be back next years!Special Features:
- yumchaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Good chip and dip kind of place...very very disappointed with entree. Plates were dirty and qualiry of meet were OK. didn't care for rice or beans.Special Features:
- Best guacamole ever!momlovesfoodDined on 8/9/2014My friend recommended this place while I was visiting DC with my 10 year old son. We had a lovely lunch with excellent, attentive service. The food was delicious. We will definitely be back when we are in town from Rochester, NY. This was the best guacamole ever! Delicious fish tacos, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and drinksPaulVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had the pork shank and chiles rellenos and both were great. The pomegranate margarita was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and uniquejoyceVIPDined on 8/8/2014We really like this restaurant and have been here several times. Their menu is creative the prices are reasonable and the choices are diverse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceKnowsGoodFromBadDined on 8/8/2014I had a truly enjoyable lunch at Rosa Mexicano recently. The drinks and food were very good; however, the service was truly awesome. There was a slight mishap with one of the dishes when it arrived at the table. The waiter promptly and coureously said he would replace the dish. I have a new dish within five mintues that was equisite.Special Features:
- Rosa's Rip OffMatchboxmemoriesDined on 8/6/2014Great vibe when you enter the restaurant. And great guacamole. Unfortunately that is all that was good. Realized how a waiter can make or break your dining experience. Waiter was not helpful & rarely around. As it was our first time dining at Rosa we expected (like better restaurants in DC) for him to offer suggestions and guide us through some favourites on the menu etc. All he did was convince us to try a "Mexican mojito" which tasted nothing like a regular mojito (and when getting the bill found out it was $12) and was terrible! Food was very disappointing. Example: fish tacos-fish was breaded & then put in taco shells! What the heck! Expected much more for Rosa's prices.
- Fun!katie03VIPDined on 8/3/2014Rosa Mexican never disappoints! I love the fresh tableside guacamole and the enchiladas suizas topped with tons of fresh cilantro and chopped onion. Their wide variety of tequilas and margaritas are also a nice addition. Service is friendly, portions are large and the restaurant is lively without being so loud that you have to shout.Special Features:
- Nice!NittanyLyonsDined on 8/2/2014The fresh guacamole at the table is unmatched. All the dishes were delicious! Our server was very humble, friendly, and patient.Special Features:
- Never failsglovesmVIPDined on 7/31/2014I have never been let down by Rosa's palmagranete margaritas, guacamole, or general fare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Have dined here on several occassions. Enjoyed each one. Food, service, drinks and ambience are wonderful. Will dine here again, and again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TashiVIPDined on 7/30/2014A perfect summer day in DC and just right for enjoying lunch in the outdoor area of Rosa Mexicano. In addition to the terrific guac (which we especially love since they will make it for us without onions), we had an outstanding salad. Beautiful kale with veggies and perfectly roasted salmon. So glad we decided to share the salad since it was huge! All of that plus the musicians on the street - such fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub- par experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014I've been to this RM location a few time and, following my visit on Saturday evening, it will be my last. I want to begin by saying our server was great: hospitable, accommodating, attentive. The issues I have are with the smaller than usual portions of food, the relatively "bland" quality of food for the premium price, and the seating (my party of four - including my sister who was visiting from out of town - was stuck in the crowded back party room when there was ample seating in the front of the restaurant.. We had a 7:30 reservation). The overall experience was simply not good. We walked out feeling as though we'd wasted our money and still in need of a full meal.
- holy guacamole!PaddcDined on 7/26/2014Friends from out of town vaguely remembered this Mexican place that made guacamole right at the table.....I knew right where to go! We ate in the back dining room, noise level was much better....Our table was called up right on reservation time. All the food is good, it was hard to decide. I had the skirt steak, excellent, juicy and tender. Friends were happy with their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticDCDinerDined on 7/25/2014I took my date here whom is of Mexican heritage and she absolutely loved the place, food, service. My first visit was very enjoyable, her umpteenth return was likewise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDCdiner7Dined on 7/25/2014I had been to Rosa Mexicano a few times before and recall enjoying the food. But this time I had the shrimp tacos and could not have been more disappointed. They were cold and bland and nothing that I could not have done in a few minutes in my own kitchen. For the price I was very disappointed and it will be awhile before I try the restaurant again. However the chips and guacamole were great as usual.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The service was okay but the food was delicious. I would definitely go back. As for the décor it was very bright and cheery.Special Features:
- best guacamole in townLuvsteakVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food was great as always. Sometimes the service can be a little spotty, but this time quality of servic e matched quality of food.Special Features:
- Good Food, not so good seriviceRarereviewDined on 7/22/2014Food was great but the service was really bad. Hopefully they were just having an off night or it was the waiter we had because it is a nice restaurant. I will go again and give them another shot in the future but with this experience will consider it vs. it being automatic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCarmineDined on 7/18/2014Across from Verizon Center, outdoor eating a bit too noisy, great food, friendly staff. Perfect before a game but need to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa is my absolute favoriteLaurenVIPDined on 7/18/2014Rosa never disappoints!! It is our favorite place - the guacamole is so good! The enchiladas are fabulous. It's the only place I go to where I have no complaints afterwards. Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:
- Best GuacamoleHealthyFoodLOverVIPDined on 7/16/2014Delicious guacamole modified graciously when I asked for the onions to be served separately. White wine sangria is a lovely summer treat. Entrée portions are generous and delicious.Special Features:
- Always a great dining experienceNantahalaDined on 7/15/2014Once again we had a great dining experience at Rosa Mexicano. We went there to celebrate our anniversary and were not disappointed. The table side preparation of their guacamole is always excellent and I highly recommend getting this as an appetizer. My sangria was the best I've ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDBdcDined on 7/14/2014The entire experience was great. The guacamole was awesome!Special Features:
- Great GF optionsShazamDined on 7/14/2014The food is delicious and the staff is great and very knowledgeable about GF options which is so helpful.
- IssuesWhitmanVIPDined on 7/13/2014Had some very significant issues with a manager but the regional manager stepped up and made things right. Food is always good, service is generally attentive and ambiance is nice. It is pricey, however. If using an opentable cheque for payment inquire with the server regarding change prior to paying with it.