Rosa Mexicano - DC
575 7th St. NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 2027835522x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Steve Lukis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. For Large Party Reservations, please contact: Janice L. Conner at email@example.com or 202.783.5522 for more information.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - DC
Directly across from the Verizon Center, Rosa Mexicano has been serving classic Mexican cuisine for over 20 years. Try the famous guacamole, prepared tableside, & sip a frozen pomegranate margarita while enjoying the festive, stylish and comfortable ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Rosa Mexicano - DC - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
Rosa Mexicano - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (104)fit for foodies (102)hot spot (77)great for lunch (69)special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (62)vibrant bar scene (61)great for outdoor dining (50)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (20)scenic view (20)romantic (19)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (4)Show More
- holy guacamole!ffl82Dined on 10/18/2014We ordered the spicy guacamole, which wasn't exactly spicy, but it was DELICIOUS! In fact, it was some of the best we've ever had! Pork tacos & enchiladas were also fabulous. The only negative was the red sangria, which was too sweet without much kick to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AmwTcwDined on 10/18/2014It is the only restaurant I like to go to before an event at the Verizon center! Simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemarneDined on 10/18/2014Simply great food and great service. We had an excellent dinner and will be back again and again. Also, there is a large selection for gluten free friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best guacamole in town!LoveMexicanDCDined on 10/17/2014Guacamole made right at your table in front of your eyes - you can't get any better than that. The food was great - the service was even better. At the Penn Quarter location in DC, get a table by the window so you can see the happenings in front of the Verizon Center right across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa's 2014HighlanderDined on 10/17/2014I had the baja fish tacos. They were overcooked, not enough sauce, too much cold cabbage, just not that great. The side dishes were good. I used to love the food at Rosa's, but it is not as exceptional now as it was a couple of years ago, at least not for my taste. With all the competition in D.C., it's important that every dish is excellent. That's what it takes to bring me back.
- BanditDined on 10/16/2014Great food and service, but the noise is very loud during Capitals game days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-hockey mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014GREAT service! Good food, convenient to the Verizon Center for some pre-game dinner.Special Features:
- Quiet SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014I asked for a quieter space because I have a hearing impairment. When I walked-in, I was concerned because of the din. In fact, the hostess had difficulty hearing me! But, all was well, they showed me to a table in a small room with 10-15 tables where it was considerably quieter. My companion and I enjoyed a great meal and good conversation. Don't be fooled by the address - the restaurant is actually at the intersection F and 7th NW with the entrance on F opposite the Verizon Center and the entrance to the Metro. Great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican FoodDinnerwithHubbyDined on 10/16/2014Ate here with a nephew and husband before going to an evening show. I will say that we were seated near the bar and it was full and a bit loud (sometimes had to raise my voice for my nephew to hear me). Love the guacamole that's made at your table (with varying degrees of heat). The marguerita special that evening was pomegranate and it was quite good! My husband and nephew both had enchiladas and they seemed to enjoy them (the plates were cleaned). I had chicken layered with tortillas and cheese and it was very good. We each had desserts -- flan, ice cream sundae, and special dessert (crepes with caramel sauce and ice cream). All were very good though I would have liked a little more caramel sauce with the crepe.
- Good, but not outstandingsawtooth6Dined on 10/16/2014The food and service was good, but neither was outstanding. We ordered the three course lunch. I did not like the fact that we had to assemble our tacos with the small plates they presented each of us. The cheese was burnt and stuck to the bottom of the cast iron plate the food was served in. Good, but definitely nothing specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Great place - very noisy but otherwise perfect! .....................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/14/2014I love Rosa. Eat there a lot in Chevy Chase and in downtown DC. I think the food is very good. The only thing I don't like is their chips and salsa. The chips seem cake-y to me...a little thick. And the salsa (at least the last time I went) was very chunky. Lots of big chucks of peppers and tomatoes but little liquid. Made it hard to dip chips.
- berdieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Perfect place for a caps game. Service is fast and the food is greatSpecial Features:
- Best Short Ribs in a long timeLuisDined on 10/8/2014I got thee big chunks of meat very well cooked and very tender. Great flavor. I loved it.Special Features:
- Comfort foodFood4thoughtDined on 10/6/2014Every time we go to Rosa Mexicano we can count on quality from the Guacamole made at your table to the well-prepared entrees. We never feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leaferVIPDined on 10/5/2014Food was good. Margaritas are small with lots of ice and expensive for what you get.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Myself and a group of friends had a wonderful dining expereince all around. The only thing was that the lighting could have been a tidbit brighter because it made it hard to read the menu or maybe enlarge the writing on the menu. Overall, I highly recommend your establishment. The Marguritas were GREAT....two would be the max, they're a small but have a kick to them. LOL!!!!Special Features:
- Great find!RadishDined on 10/1/2014Celebrated a birthday lunch with a great table in the corner with windows on two sides. Service was excellent. The birthday cake was quite a production with a huge sombrero like pillbox with a slice of neopolitan ice cream inside. Food was excellent especially the plantain dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014We had a lovely, relaxed dinner; not rushed, yet well taken care of. Food was terrific.Special Features:
- Lunch at Rosa'sEatoutalotDined on 9/29/2014Chicken tacos and table made guacamole excellent. Kale salad with salmon not so good...very fishy tasting which made us wonder how fresh the salmon was and salmon was in flakes tossed with kale so wasn't possible to push it to one side. Refried beans...blah. Rice...good. Mini mahi tacos so so...probably won't be having lunch here again...Special Features:
- We love Rosa!LaurenVIPDined on 9/29/2014This is by far my favorite place in DC. I will always take people here. I love it.Special Features:
- Amazing waiter!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I unfortunately don't know the name of our waiter, but he was amazing! (We were in the back room way to the left when you walk in the front of the restaurant.) He was attentive but not overwhelming, polite, had excellent food and drink recommendations, and even brought us an extra enchilada when the busser switched our plates by accident. Our group was all so impressed!Special Features:
- Really Good DealBanquoDined on 9/26/2014We went to Rosa Mexicano DC for the 30th anniversary menu, and it didn't disappoint - at $30 a head, it was a really good deal. The food was very very good, and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- Very good mexican restauranterliVIPDined on 9/25/2014I highly recommend it,!! Love this food! The restaurant has great dishes, the "guacamole" was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningYummyDined on 9/20/2014Just what my out of town guest needed before and evening of theater. Very generous portions so we took home enough for next day dining. The valet parking was a big plus!Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful energyMusicologistDined on 9/20/2014I love dining at Rosa Mexicano whenever I am in Washington, DC. The place has a wonderful, infectious energy that extends to staff and customers alike. It's always crowded, and I'm always glad to see it such a success. The Mexican food is always interesting and delicious. I admit to a special fondness for their iced tea.Special Features:
- Crowded from Verizon centerArd12VIPDined on 9/20/2014It was very cry from our event at the Verizon Center. First when we got there we had to wait. They were not prepared for the large crowd. However once we went back after the crowd dispersed, 20 mins after our reservation we were seated and had excellent service. Highly recommend the guacamole app the Ticer. We purchased the other appetizers and they were average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dry chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014The food was terrible!!! Chicken was hard as a rock and dry. They ran out of shrimp and the manager just offered something else and walked away.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDLD13VIPDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed dining here for the first time -- the food was delicious, service was good, and I enjoyed trying one of their margarita variations. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Noisy but tasty!MusicmanVIPDined on 9/19/2014For energy this restaurant is tops--just don't expect to carry on a meaningful conversation! The food and drinks are fabulous, starting with guacamole made table side. The empanadas were over-done, but everything else was made to perfection. This is serious and interesting Mexican food, not your average menu at all. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceRh1968Dined on 9/19/2014Our server was not very attentive which caused our time at the restaurant to be much longer than needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperiencePatBDined on 9/19/2014Directly across from the Verizon Center, great event choice. Authentic Mexican cuisine and the 'Rita's' are to dye for.Special Features:
- As Good As It GetsOpsimathVIPDined on 9/18/2014I have been dining at Rosa Mexicano since it first opened in NYC thirty years ago and the food is still divine after all these years. Mexican cuisine here receives the most creative and professional treatment imaginable, superb ingredients, brilliant preparation, friendly and attentive service. Always a delight. From the now classic pomegranate margarita and hand prepared guacamole to the redolent mole, no place better.Special Features:
- overall experienceRichDined on 9/18/2014Wait staff were attentive and very accommodating. Food was excellent. An excellent experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good Mexicandc2londonVIPDined on 9/18/2014the food and service are always good; it's a little loud and trying to accomplish a lunch "hour" can be difficult, but when you're in the mood for good Mexican food, it's a great choice
- Fantastic food & margaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing and the drinks were just perfect for a meal before a concert. We had a reservation, didn't have any wait, left in perfect time for the show. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great mealMojoDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service! The waiter was extremely friendly and helpful...and always close by when we needed something. The food was very good and we had a great time as always at Rosa Mesicano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican in DCMattyVIPDined on 9/10/2014Overall the food was very good. Service was a bit spotty but oveall fine. There seemed to be a bit of an attitude when my friend asked the bill be split. Would return and plan on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Kids lov Guacamole.imwordenDined on 9/6/2014If you love Mexican food, then you'll love Rosa Mexicana.. Margaritas were Amazing and the kids had a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Compliments to the chef, the food is fantastic. The bartenders are very nice and provide excellent service. The host stand is unwelcoming and not professional.Special Features: