Rosa Mexicano - Sunset
8570 West Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano - Sunset
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 3106574991x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm, Dinner: Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:30 pm, Monday & Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Regardless of your party size, Rosa Mexicano is the perfect venue to offer your guests a creative, upscale experience that few restaurants can match. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre-fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'oeuvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. Please contact our Catering Manager, Camille Karimzad for more details at 212.397.0666 x39 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Regardless of your party size, Rosa Mexicano is the perfect venue to offer your guests a creative, upscale experience that few restaurants can match. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre-fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d"oeuvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. Please contact our Catering Manager, Camille Karimzad for more details at 212.397.0666 x39 or email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: George Figares 4158744300x
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly for more information.
- Special Events: 'Noches Calientes’ means Happy Hour at Rosa and it buzzes Daily, 4-7pm in our bar area and patio & Thursday - Saturday starting at 10pm in the bar area.
MEXICAN BREAKFAST | Served Every Weekend
Start the day with a spicy spin on breakfast classics including Fried Eggs and Carnitas Hash; Nopales con Huevo (soft scrambled eggs and cactus paddle with chili and roasted peppers); and Cinnamon-Cascabel Chili Stuffed French Toast with caramelized plantains.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Sunset
In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened in New York City. Playing a leading role in defining what was then a "new" cuisine to American diners, Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, prepared in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita, as well as the stylish and festive ambiance that includes the 15 foot water wall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Sunset reviews from OpenTable diners
- not great and not terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Not great but not terrible. Second time I've been and this place has such great potential if they would pull it together. Menu design excellent, fun beautiful interior, interesting cocktails, but the staff seems unfocused and under managed.Special Features:
- Wish I Found This Place Sooner!OTPJEDined on 5/30/2014This was one of the restaurants I took my fiancée for her 30th birthday. We went early so it was quiet and had an intimate feel. The food was delicious and the drinks were strong! The braised beef short enchiladas were amazing. Both the host and our server were extremely friendly. Too bad this location is scheduled to close this week but I'm glad I found it before it was too late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & Food!LaurenDined on 5/19/2014Rosa Mexicano was fabulous. The food was fast and delicious - the service was even better! They went above and beyond for us - even providing a free dessert because we made a reservation. I will definitely be back and bring my friends! Beautiful restaurant as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive MexicanTastebuzDined on 5/18/2014What's great about Rosa Mexicano is that the menu says, "tacos" but what you get is something unique. The vegetarian tacos were a stew of squash, brussells sprouts, mushrooms and a chili-tomato suace served on a plate with variety of salsas and warm totillas on the side to build your own. Someone at our table proclaimed the Pollo Pibil to be the best restaurant chicken dish anywhere. The only real improvement that needs to be made is that the tortillas, though warm, did not appear to be home made. A place like Rosa Mexicano should do that to be really spectacular.Special Features:
- Best chicken tacos in the worldLoveroftacosDined on 5/9/2014I swear those chicken tacos were the best I've ever atenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service... ok food.. overpricedmitchlitvakVIPDined on 5/5/2014That pretty much says it all. went on cinco de mayo with 9 people and we were all disappointed by the service and food. It took 25 minutes or longer for our first round of drinks and then the food was really slow. We ordered the table side guacamole and they ran out of chips immediately after it was made. I realize it was cinco de mayo, but I have been three times in the past and I really havent had a great experience yet... especially for the cost.
- Not What It Used to BeNorpoldDined on 4/11/2014When Rosa Mexicano first opened on Sunset Boulevard, we were enthusiastic. The ambiance, the service, and the food were all great. The ambiance is still very stylish and the service was pretty good too on our most recent visit. The waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. The food, however, was disappointing. The trio of salsas that was once offered has been replaced with one bland option. The guacamole, still prepared at the table, was uninteresting too, with the onions not chopped finely enough and the "medium" spiciness still mild. And the main course, the short ribs, looked good - until one discovered the plentiful amounts of fat and gristle. It was not the special meal we were looking forward to having there.Special Features:
- awesome place!weddingpartyDined on 4/5/2014the host was very attentive and welcoming. we had an extra guest we didn't know that was coming and he was already ready with an extra chair. We went to the restaurant to celebrate our friends nuptials and they made it awesome. Our server was always ready to get us whatever we needed. The drink recommendations were awesome. The food was good.Special Features:
- Not impressedil2eVIPDined on 3/25/2014Service was deficient. Food OK but nothing to write home about
- Great food and great drinksJPDubyaVIPDined on 3/21/2014From the guacamole to the flautas to the enchiladas the food is amazing and the jalapeno infused tequila margarita is a hit to wash it all down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty and not so sweetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014This was my third visit here. I used to frequent the New York place. The food HERE has been consistently over salted and underwhelming. Inconsistent portion sizes, the guacamole is okay but probably impressive for people who don't eat out too often. The quality of the food is inconsistent. Perhaps a bad kitchen staff. And to end on a positive note, the happy hour is decent.
- Guacamole was delicious, mainOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/6/2014Guacamole was delicious, main steak tacos were decent, side corn unique and worth a try. Drinks were strong. Service slow and mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland food ...no spice or FlavorsthnboyVIPDined on 2/27/2014this is the second time I have been to Rosa Mexicana. Both times have been dissapointing. The Salsa is bland at best. I asked for Chula or Tabasco or other hot sauce.....they dont have it. They did have jalapenos but those were not hot and tasteless too Not a fan...would never go back
- Excellente!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2014Great service, delicious, fresh food! The guacamole surpasses all other restaurants--tastes like fresh from the kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service and bad foodkendallDined on 2/14/2014We we first arrived, the service was great. Shortly after that, no one came to take our drink orders for about 20 mins and then it took another 20 mins for us to order our food. I understand it was a busy night but the service could have been much better. The crab enchiladas were not good at all, couldn't even eat half way.Special Features:
- Dine LA no dealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Went ot experience Dine-LA. No discount on food, very few choices and incredible expensive for the quality of food.
- CelebratepbgoldDined on 1/13/2014I went here on a Monday night to celebrate my mom's birthday, and it was fantastic! The staff was very attentive, and the food was delicious. I got the ceviche and the fish tacos, and I would definitely order both again! I thought it would be a little more crowded/ a little more of a scene, but it was pretty much empty due to it being a working weekday. They surprised us with a little birthday sorbet and some candles, which was really sweet. All in all, a great dining experience. Oh, the skinny traditional margarita was super yummy and well made as well!Special Features:
- Service Surprisingly PoorJackDined on 1/3/2014We have been to several other Rosa Mexicano locations before - NYC, Washington, Miami, SF, etc and this location did not come close to our prior experiences. The biggest difference and reason for a negative review was the service we received. All the servers were friendly, but what was surprising was that it took nearly an hour for someone to bring our check after we had said that we did not want dessert. Additionally, we had at least three different servers (without explanation) even though there couldn't have been more than four or five other tables occupied in the restaurant. The food was good, but not as great as we had expected from our prior dining experiences at Rosa, and we didn't feel well later that night and the next day.Special Features:
- Awesome GuacamoleBigIggDined on 1/3/2014I was reluctant as I'd read two poor reviews. I'm glad that I went. I had a really enjoyable dinner. I loved the guacamole and the presentation. They prepare the guacamole at your table. We were offered delicious amuse bouches and my fish tacos were very good. The service was very attentive without being annoying. The staff were all friendly - a warm greeting at the hostess desk, the guy who took our drink orders, the waiter, the guacamole guy even the guy clearing the table. I enjoyed the live DJ. Overall, a very enjoyable dinner and I'd recommend and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would never visit again!rooroo43Dined on 1/1/2014It took out waitress 20 minutes to walk over to our table and greet us! I ate my entire meal and never once was offered a refill, I had to ask the manager if he can refill my drink. Once we got our food the waitress never once did walk over to our table to ask how everything was! We order our steak well done, and the steak was still bloody. The food portion was very small. If you are very hungry choose a different restaurant to go to. The water was warm, we asked for ice and never got it! We ordered extra chips and never got them! I now know why the restaurant didn't have a lot of customers visiting on New Years Eve. But we did enjoy the DJ and the music.Special Features:
- Was pleasantly surprised toleeleeDined on 12/31/2013Was pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant for New Year's Eve dinner that had the option of not going with a fixed price menu. The food was excellent with a great atmosphere and within walking distance to HOB where we were ringing in the New Year. Thank you!Special Features:
- Amazing foodfabulousDined on 12/27/2013The food was fabulous and their is à guacamole cart fiat comes around they teach you how to lake your own guacamole. Portions are big the staff are fantastiqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitingGourmandDined on 12/27/2013Treated daughter so inlay and 3 adult grandchildren. The fine was excellent, the service fine and the noise unbearable. Hard to have conversation. GrumpySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat place, hope it lastsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2013Took a friend there on a Friday night at 8:30pm Place was not very crowded, but filled up (somewhat) later in eve. We were greeted promptly by hostess, gave her our OpenTable reservation info, but apparently she didn't "register" this info, as I later received notice from OpenTable that we were a "no show". Anyway......... drinks are inventive, and tasty, but small (especially for the price). Food, on the other hand, is very reasonably priced and very good sized portions, also very creative and tasty. Our waiter was extremely personable, and he enhanced our dining experience immeasurably.Special Features:
- Really good food at a snail's paceMissB14Dined on 12/6/2013Went for a coworker birthday celebration - 6 guests. We had our pick of the tables as it was not busy at all. A choice of bar, table, big round booth options. The fresh made table side guacamole was delicious and there were a good variety of entree items on the menu. Our waitress was very pleasant and gave great food suggestions. The margaritas were strong and delicious....but then we waited and waited and waited for our food. Surprising, since the resto was empty. When our meals finally came out it was hot and flavorful. My only complaint is the 40 minute lag time for food and having to track down our waitress. Oh and ten bucks for parking in the garage under the restaurant. Carpool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as LA Liveelg51Dined on 12/2/2013I went here with my daughter and niece on a Monday night after a premiere. It wasn't busy; it was just about empty. The place is gorgeous on the inside, the service was prompt, friendly and helpful, and the food was amazing. My niece and I had the fish tacos; the corn served on the side was very interesting but delicious. My daughter had the crab enchiladas and devoured them. The drink selections were also delicious, as my sangria came in a little pitcher. It was adorable. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and I will be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good experienceswim2kkVIPDined on 11/12/2013Rosa Mexicano should be a lot busier than it usually is. Food is very good and service is always good, too. The large indoor space and outdoor patio are very comfortable for small or large groups.Special Features:
- Worst ServiceSpoontaboyVIPDined on 11/2/2013Place seems very empty. Guacamole was very good. Food ok. Service couldn't have been worse. Sloppy, forgetful and inattentive. Not worth recounting the specifics but an instant turn off and never giving the place another chance. Too bad.
- great food amazing servicekalaDined on 10/11/2013we ordered the pomegranate margaritas and guacamole as everyone suggests and it was a brilliant decision. they are both amazing. the food was delicious and the service was really great as well. i ordered the enchiladas and the tortillas were soooo delicious. we will definitely return. It was a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Tex MexsuzanneDined on 9/20/2013The food is great but the pomegranate margaritas are the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pomegranate Margarita 0_oJasonCVIPDined on 9/10/2013They say they're known for their Pomegranate Margaritas and Guacamole... and they have no reason to lie. I'm obsessed with both! The gauc is made table side and the margaritas come in a small glass but they carry a real punch! That's coming from a 6' 0" 180lb guy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2013We were a party of 6 people - the only ones there on a Sunday. Our waitress was horrible and we had to goto the kitchen two times to get refills on our drinks and to get additional salsa. They brought two types of salsas (both were good) however, it was a small container - maybe an ounce for 6 ppl. When asked for more salsa; she brought one additional salsa... When we explained to her that was enough, she went back and several minutes later came out with two more ounces of salsa. Not sure why she was so dreadful and I attentive when we were the only group in the entire pla eSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great guacamole!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/2/2013Really enjoyed our meal, the guacamole made table side was great, as we're our main dishes, which came with two sides, lots of food! Only downside was that the restaurant smelled a little of bleach, this might have been due to it being quite empty when we visited and the cleaning was very thorough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyMelMigsDined on 7/31/2013First time there and it was perfect for our occasion. Drinks were phenomenal and the ambiance was cozy. Those two factors would be the reasons I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa Mexicanods429Dined on 7/6/2013Tasty food. Accomodating to special requests (gluten free, pepper allergy), very attentive service. Beautifully presented food. Food was fresh. Good mixed drink (margarita). Noise level a little high for 'romantic evening'. Music not my cup of tea and loud. Modern, high-tech look of restaurant was pleasing. Not too crowded on a late saturday night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sound greatluv2dineDined on 5/12/2013I would say that this restaurant would be great for dinner. the menu that was selected for brunch sounded really good but overall wasn't that great. I would recommend this restaurant just for dinner and or even just to have a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Creative Menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2013The presentation of the food and the creativity was great and it tasted good too. The classic margaritas are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great and the food was absolutely amazing. Had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful, wide space thatswim2kkVIPDined on 4/27/2013Beautiful, wide space that is very comfortable for large groups.Special Features:
- I love this place! I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I love this place! I always went to this place in New York City and it never disappoints. I have been to this location quite a few times since moving out here a year ago. I have always had great food and the service is great as well.Special Features: