Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
1119 Lincoln Rd.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 3056951005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jordan Marano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Regardless of your party size, Rosa Mexicano is the perfect venue to offer your guests a creative, upscale experience that few restaurants can match. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d"oeuvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Sophie Ball for more details at 212.397.0666 x40 or email@example.com
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: Happy Hour at our Cantina Bar- Daily, 4-7pm . Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
A word from Rosa Mexicano- South Beach
Our newest Miami restaurant is located in the heart of South Beach in Miami at 1111 Lincoln Road in the architecturally striking new Herzog & de Meuron-designed building. Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita. For this vibrant city we’ve created a welcoming contemporary design, featuring a casually chic dining room with floor to ceiling windows and a travertine bar. Our patio area provides the perfect spot for al fresco dining and people watching.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano- South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)fit for foodies (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (13)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- FISH TACOS!SavamikeyDined on 8/13/2014The fried fish tacos were absolutely phenomenal. I also tasted the chicken, and it was also tasty. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- beenthereDined on 8/8/2014Like always,love that place. Discovered Rosa in New York years ago .Quality hasn't changed.Special Features:
- AmazingIvanasDined on 7/28/2014I absolutely loved the restaurant reserved a table for 2 for my anniversary and they treated us amazing! Excellent service I will recommend it to everyone I know !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 7/27/2014GREAT MEXICAN FOOD AND WONDERFUL MARGARITAS, NICE VIBESpecial Features:
- Hot Night in South BeachPeterDined on 7/7/2014Outstanding dinner in every respect. We tried a great variety of menu items; all delicious. Friendly, helpful service and a comfortable environment made for a fun and relaxing gastronomic adventure. A true jackpot selection for our single night in town during an overnight layover. The summer night was hot and steamy. The indoor vibe was great, and the cooling mojito didn't hurt either. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess dishonestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2014Called to ask about World Cup and any specials. Was told the signature frozen pomegranate margarita was $7 from 12-7. Arrived 30 min early for OT reservation and told hostess. We were seated and ordered drinks. Noticed a specials menu on table and when ordering second drinks, asked waiter about the $7 drink. He said they were regular $. Hostess walked by & I asked about the $7 special. She said ask the waiter. From my seat in the restaurant, I called and spoke to the SAME hostess who confirmed those specific drinks were $7 from 12-7PM that day. We spoke to the waiter about this and paid the lesser amount. Next day I received an email from Open Table saying I was a no show. This was of course corrected. Otherwise, great food as usual!Special Features:
- LeslieLeslieC42Dined on 6/29/2014Went during FIFA so fun. Looks like they added menu items that we tried instead of the usual and they were all good.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!smsvDined on 5/31/2014I was surprised by the good service which is really hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoutineBuffyDined on 5/30/2014Rosa Mexicano has suffered becoming a chain restaurant. It is a slightly upscale TAco Belle with liquor
- Blown AwayMrjefferooDined on 5/7/2014Came here on Wednesday night for dinner. Didn't have to wait for an outside table and service was on point. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and the business, and very friendly. The food was on point. I ordered the chili-mango margarita; fresh and exotic. The guacamole was perfectly prepared for our table and the fish and chicken taco entrees were mouthwatering. All of this while being able to enjoy the ambiance of Lincoln road in SoBe made for a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 226 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano- South Beach reviews archive.
- Amazing MexicanMikeMiamiDined on 5/4/2014Great Mexican food. They also have a kids menu which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Mexican place on Lincoln RoadDinersaurusDined on 5/3/2014The Margarita Pitcher was great and the Guacamole was made at table fresh...could have been a little larger portion for 3 people. Prix fixe Cinco de Mayo menu was great. Not Tex Mex, but close to it. Service was great. Only problem was the front desk had no reservation from open table although I have email to confirm it. This isn't the first time a restaurant says there was no reservation through open table. Glad they could seat me as I had friends from out of town and they would have been very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best guacamole in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2014Love this restaurant. they are known for their guacamole, which they prepare at your table.Special Features:
- Outrageously goodMattVIPDined on 4/11/2014Perfect food. Perfect service. Portions are bigger than NY locations and at better price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!isacortiDined on 3/27/2014I went to Rosa Mexicano before but never in South Beach, loved the experience, as always, guacamole is a must!Special Features:
- I have had better qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014I have had better quality food at this restaurant. Granted, this was my first time at this location, but we even found the guacamole without its usual pizzaz. The Baja tacos were so-so, but the Maji dish was very good and so were the carnitas. Overall, not an unpleasant experience, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the positive side, theyGFMiamiDined on 3/21/2014On the positive side, they have a Gluten Free menu. On the negative, overall their food quality has declined somewhat. Their chips, for example tasted greasy. Service was OK.
- Friendly, excellent service!IdaluciaVIPDined on 3/20/2014Great guacamole, amazing fish tacos, authentic Sangrita to accompany one of 70 kinds of Tequilla, and delicious pork shank made this a memorable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good.BbvisVIPDined on 3/19/2014Rosa Mexicana is consistently good wherever you go. Don't skip the guacamole made at your table.Special Features:
- Good, high quality Mexican foodCTJohnVIPDined on 3/12/2014We had the obligatory table-side guacamole, pork tacos, and steak enchiladas, and everything was very good. Our waitress was excellent throughout.
- Delicious fish tacos and lotsVacationerVIPDined on 3/10/2014Delicious fish tacos and lots of great food for the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KLT88Dined on 3/8/2014Came for a late dinner after a movie. We choose to eat outside - not the best idea if you're just two people as the noise from the street can be pretty loud. The menu was extensive and the food was delicious and well-prepared. However, since we were rather late, the staff was rather busy closing down for the night. It was hard to get a waiter's attention. When I did, they were prompt and polite, though they did seem alittle distracted. All-in-all, will come again, just alittle earlier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was tasty, but the $14FoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014Food was tasty, but the $14 guacamole appetizer was an extremely small portion for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/26/2014Have been to other Rosa Mexicano (Brickell, New York) which are better. Very pushy service and wines by the glass not very good.Special Features:
- Creative menuSnowedininToledoVIPDined on 1/22/2014Not your ordinary tex-mex. Creative menu with tons of interesting fish, pork and other items. Decor is cool. By far the best place I've found on the otherwise tacky Lincoln Avenue pedestrian mall. Highly recommend the table side guacamole and the skinny margarita,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyHappyDined on 1/1/2014We enjoyed our meal totally. Started with guacamole one of the best I have had,,,,also the tortilla soup was yummy....veggie tacos not what u might think were awesome as were chicken tacos...we were too full for dessert..would return again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodrezwoodDined on 12/26/2013The portions are large. Food is very good. Service was too. Nachos were the best I've had in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skinny DiningSebpVIPDined on 12/19/2013Rosa Mexicano South Beach hits spot of great modern dining. We had Tacos - vegetarian and carnitas - and this was by far better than any street Mexican flavor - with the benefit of low calories. I counted, our vegetarian dish has about 20 or so ingredients. Presentation was 5 star stellar - and service impeccable. The wait staff was so attentive to our need for extra spices and explaining what we were eating. We've been dining at Rosa for well over 7 years and will never stop - thanks to their menu inventions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all types of good.7544Dined on 11/29/2013Great food! Great drinks! Great service! What else can you ask for?Special Features:
- A pleasant evening!PhilCambridgeMADined on 11/28/2013While traveling in Miami Beach during Thanksgiving, we were hoping to find something a bit different and slightly upscale. Although part of a small chain, Rosa Mexicano felt like a locally-owned restaurant. The appetizers Flautas and Zarape de Pato were both excellent. We split the special: the turkey w/mole. The turkey was excellent, the mole (Puebla style) lacked zest. Of the two sides, the potatoes w/chorizo, was superb. The only weakness was that the waiter was poorly trained. We asked to have the appetizers 1st then the entree, but everything arrived together. He didn't know the prices. He never asked if everything was ok. But other than that, we will try Boston's branch of the chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Gourmet Mexican Food in FLSteveVIPDined on 11/1/2013As is my custom, I take my most distinguished or dear guests to RM for lunch while they are visiting me in South Beach. Once again, R M managed to exceed my expectations with excellent service, wonderful, imaginative, delicious food, and beautiful ambience. My Guest was thrilled with the whole experience and left Miami Beach with a business card of what he now regards as one of the best Mexican meals he has ever enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a little overpricedHarrisonVIPDined on 10/17/2013We eat here alot and will always go back, but it seems each time they raise the prices a little. The food is good but I think their current prices are stretching the limit. Its a good place to go for food and drinks with a group.Special Features:
- Rosa's Never DisappointslmelyussifDined on 9/22/2013We make sure to get our Rosa's fix whenever we are visiting Miami from Detroit. It's the perfect place to sit at the bar and socialize, as well as dine intimately with a group. They have the best skinny margarita, we love their fresh guacamole (we tend to order ours on the spicier side), and the carne asada is unreal. We've never had anything but exceptional service. Friendly bartenders, personable waitstaff, and great management. Clean, fresh, and conveniently located on Lincoln Road, so we can walk there from our hotel (any hotel in South Beach, really).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't forget the guacamole!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2013We ordered off the Miami Spice menu (offered certain times of the year). $33 per person and you get an appetizer and an entree and either a drink or dessert. Everyone ordered something different and we shared. The guacamole appetizer counts as two but it's worth it, made fresh at the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!636miamiDined on 8/28/2013Best Guacamole in Miami... Food quality was over my expectations, even margaritas are great. Location, ambient and service are good and at reasonable price, a place to have fun with friends,not exactly a place for business meeting...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free HEAVENBigMamaBakunDined on 8/15/2013So nice to have such varied options or a gluten free diet. My new favorite GF placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best guacamole, good drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013Best guac we had ever eaten. Mixed right at t your table and the serving is huge. Stop with the guacamole because the entrees are not good. The drinks are great and the ambiance is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spicenikkimaDined on 8/14/2013Went for Miami Spice... overall decent lunch options. Sad they didn't have more chicken for entree choices... only a salad. Pomegranate margarita can't be missed! Guac was very good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was a realLuv2eatDined on 8/13/2013This restaurant was a real disappointment. The service was horrible, the waiter couldn't remember our order and came back to ask us 3 times for clarification (seriously, just write it down)! It took about 30 minutes to get each course including our drinks and the check. Our 8:30pm reservation didn't get us out of there until close to 11:00 pm. The food was "so so" not bad but nothing special. I would not reccomend this restaurant to anyone who wants a pleasant dining experience in a reasonable amount of time.
- Great for a GroupBLUEDined on 8/11/2013This Location is great for groups and a fun filled night, not very intimate but great fun and even better people watching outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.