Rosa Mexicano - Riverside Square
390 Hackensack Avenue #60
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Riverside Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 2014899100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Josh Paige
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Large Party Reservations, please contact Sophie Ball, firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.835.1740
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
- Cross Street: Route 4
- Public Transit: Bus 756 Fort Lee (exact fare, $5.55) to Hackensack Ave and Commerce Square, walk to The Shops at Riverside Square straight on Hackensack Ave.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are designated 10 minute pick up parking spots for Take Out as well as many parking spaces near the restaurant.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Riverside Square
Our first Rosa Mexicano to open in New Jersey is located at The Shops at Riverside in Bergen County. The 160-seat restaurant features a spacious bar and lounge area, as well as outdoor and private dining options. Under the creative direction of architect and designer Timothy Higgins, the décor features vibrant colors such as vivid pink, deep maroon, rich butterscotch and warm yellow. Traditional craftwork and adornments include Oaxacan wood carvings of mythical animals, custom wax-dipped artwork, Mayan Indian textiles, and folk art masks. Tortillas are fresh-made on-site at a station featuring colorful tiles and a hammered copper hood. Through the unique designs and cuisine, all will encounter an authentic Mexican experience at Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Riverside Square reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)good for groups (19)special occasion (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)romantic (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Upscale MexicanTankDined on 10/25/2014More upscale Mexican, with some unusual twists. Part of shopping center with many other restaurants.
- Outstanding service!!!!!JenjenDined on 10/20/2014Food was good but the services was outstanding , our waitress was not only sweet , and courteous she was very knowledgeable of every dish we asked questions about . The chef was outstanding , he created a tasty dish for us after what we order was no longer available , but the best part was that they didn't tell us anything about it ! the waitress came with this great dish and informed us of what happened . That was such a great touch of class . Will go back again . Thanks for a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service excellentvjoneVIPDined on 10/9/2014My waiter was engaging and awesome. he had great suggestions and recommendations.Special Features:
- Rosa MexicanoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We met on Saturday night with friends. The restaurant was very energetic, interactive. They sat us at a nice table up on the raised area. We were in the middle of all the action, but yet still felt that we had our privacy. The food and service were excellent. The manager Paul came to our table and welcomed us. Although it was our first time there, we felt like "family". Paul brought us over dessert at the end of our meal compliments of the house. It was a great night!Special Features:
- holy guacamole4FoodandwineDined on 10/3/2014was my first time at the restaurant and I totally enjoyed it will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican Food1njgalVIPDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is consistently good…love the avocado appetizer! The shrimp entree is also excellent. Margaritas delicious!! We enjoy the outside doing area weather permitting. Great location…at Riverside Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob's reviewBobbyGDined on 9/21/2014Always enjoy the food. I try something different each time and always pleased. Can't beat the Guacamole for a starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent!SuzeshoesVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our thanks to the hardworking staff who work so hard to provide an exceptional dining experience! You feel well taken care of as you dine on the tastiest fare! Loved the tableside prepared guacamole and the pomegranate margaritas! The chefs special cerviche appetizer with truffle oil was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterDPeterDVIPDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant used to be a favorite, but they have changed the menu a couple times and taken off several favorite food and cocktail items. Their guacamole made at the table has typically been amazing most vistas, but this time was just okay. The chili relleno was very good. The service, which has historically been a highlight of Rosa was vey poor on this visit.
- Always a pleasure!citypsycheDined on 9/19/2014I've never had a bad experience at Rosa Mexicano, at any location. The most fun part of any meal there is the guacamole, made-to-order right at your table. Fun to watch and delicious, and the server will make it hot or not, according to your preference. The restaurant feels spacious, the booths are comfortable, and while the bar scene is lively you can be seated far enough away to not feel bothered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best guacamole!!!campmom22VIPDined on 9/12/2014Rosa Mexicano is really good. They offer finer Mexican food, and their guacamole is outrageous - made at the table fresh. Another great feature is a gluten free menu for those of us who cannot have gluten. We have been several times and plan to return!Special Features:
- Frequent VisitorsToineVIPDined on 9/6/2014We frequent the restaurant quite often; it's our favorite Mexican restaurant. We travel 45 minutes for this restaurant, and it's well worth it. The service is always impeccable and friendly. You cannot go to Rosa and not have their fresh Guacamole. They come to your table and make it table side. They will make it exactly to your liking. For us, that means no tomatoes, and extra cilantro. We have tried many of their dishes, and they have all been equally good. Some of our favorites are the Tablones (short ribs), the chicken tacos, and the Costilla de Res Enchiladas. Even their Caesar Salad is delicious, with a bit of a Mexican twist. We highly recommend this restaurant to all our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican foodFoodieDanVIPDined on 8/28/2014I really enjoy going here.. the mango drink is great!!! The guacamole is actually my favorite!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceAng1459Dined on 8/4/2014Great service and food! Drinks were very good too! Overall a good find close to home , near the mall :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timefishingfoulDined on 7/19/2014Everything was perfect, outstanding service. The only thing was I think who ever washed the cilantro that day missed a bit of sand. Guacamole and rice had some grit. I have been in food industry 30 years and know this can happen and did not really bother me that much but other patrons might not feel the same way. Overall will definitely be back. The margaritas rocked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great guacamoleStaceDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I are always looking for good restaurants with Gluten Free Menus and this restaurant is one of them. We have been there a couple times and always get a good meal. They also make guacamole right at your table, so you can decide how spicy it is.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Outstanding margaritas. Fresh tortillas were delicious as was the chile relleno and tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 509 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Riverside Square reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/2/2014Old time favorite will definitely return. Great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great management!VbustamoveDined on 6/22/2014Thank you to Paul and staff, my fiance's birthday was a hit! We were pleasantly surprised with an awesome table set up, the sombreros, and the awesome "cake". You went above and beyond our expectations and made our experience truly special. PS- Guacamole was amazing...so fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised by the quality & serviceamylynneVIPDined on 6/21/2014Chain restaurants aren't always known for high quality and innovative menu selections but Rosa Mexicano delighted with the yes it may be corny but it's superb make at the table guacamole, followed by ceviche tacos and the taco specials that are on a par with Manhatta's finest and trendiest taco cucinas. Meats and fishes that fill the tacos are the freshest and highest quality, service is friendly without being cloying, the choices of tequilas and the ability to get flights of tequila all make this a place fit for foodies as well as those who simply want to ramp up their Mexican dining experience. Come to Manhattan or visit in New Jersey, Rosa Mexicano proves that gourmet Mexican food is right here, right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous as AlwaysMrsWoods122014VIPDined on 6/15/2014Rosa Mexican is a staple for when my fiancé And I are in the mood for Mexican. The food is guaranteed to be delicious and the guacamole is always made to perfection! The service is great as well, very attentive.Special Features:
- Mexican outpost in malllfreckle27Dined on 6/14/2014Three of us went here to celebrate a birthday on a Saturday night @ 6:30. Once seated, the waitress efficiently asked for our drink order. We decided on a pitcher of sangria and she attentively served it throughout the meal. We had the guacamole dip, not outstanding but nice touch. We each ordered a different dish, fish tacos, brisket and pulled pork tacos. Only the pulled pork was disappointing, a little dry. Without even a reminder, except for what I wrote on my Open Table reservation, the staff came out with a cupcake and candle for the birthday boy. We finished off with Mexican doughnuts, which were excellent! Parking is fine as long as you park in the garage (not a problem!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SledgeBrotherDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had a very good dinner and experience. The staff was polite and attentive. We have recommended the place to our friends and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRancherosDined on 6/7/2014Interesting, tasty recipes. Extensive tequila menu is fun. Our service was very attentive. We enjoyed our evening (and the leftovers the next day!) We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RyanTPDined on 5/25/2014I gave the food 3 stars simply because of the guacamole, that was delicious. The actual meal was ok, I've definitely had better Mexican food, especially at this price point. The location is in riverside square mall which tends to be on the higher end, wish the food followed suit.Special Features:
- ServicableWhitebreadDined on 5/16/2014It is a chain; the food is adequate. For authentic Mexican food, visit El Bandido.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyG'sBobbyGDined on 5/10/2014I am always satisfied with food quality and service. It is a favorite of mine for it's diversified menu and you can't miss out on the fresh made Guacamole at tableside.Special Features:
- My happy placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2014We are regulars at rosa but it was a special treat for cinco de mayo. Our server was outstanding and recommended the special holiday menu. We had our favorites, guacamole, enchiladas, with an added bonus of Flautas, and Churros for dessert. Exceptional! Add a full pitcher of sangria and that's all you need for a happy Monday! Thanks Rosa Mexicano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa Mexicana - JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014Enjoyed the NJ experience of Rosa Mexicana. one of my favorite places in Manhattan, this suburban version did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant at Riverside!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Rosa Mexicano has become my new favorite at Riverside Square. A cozy, inviting room, outstanding food and great service! A fantastic evening! THANKS!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentDugganDined on 4/20/2014We love Rosa Mexicano! The food is consistently good and so is the service. Lovely ambience. Fabulous margaritas and guacamole. Little known fact: vegetarians can feast here, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unica Margaritas are sensationalSimpleDinerVIPDined on 4/18/2014We go for the guacamole and the margaritas. The dinners are excellent too. This last experience was a little disappointing because the entrees came as we were taking our first tastes of the guacamole. Suddenly everything was on the table. We felt very rushed. I had the baja tacos which were excellent. Husband had some sort of layered chicken dish that also looked yummy. Salsa should be better for a restaurant of this quality but the chips are crisp and salty and don't taste greasy and the entrees are fresh and bright.Special Features:
- Kitchen problemsmrwineVIPDined on 4/18/2014A dish we both ordered came out partially filled and never arrived despite my complaints. The manager apologized and said the chef screwed up but he did take the cost of the two items off the bill.
- Great menuKenParamusDined on 4/18/2014We were very impressed with the gluten free and other special diet offerings. The service was excellent, the food tasty and the atmosphere fine for a casual night out. The only suggestion would be to improve the bar which provided us with some poorly mixed drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets My Voteteach29Dined on 4/12/2014I'm a frequent visitor at Rosa Mexicano, both Lincoln Center and the Riverside Mall. Often times my husband and I go for the guac and the signature margarita during happy hour and other times we go with friends and family for dinner and lunch. They never disappoint. Service is exceptional and so are the different entrées.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a reservation 3 weeks agoMarMarDined on 4/5/2014But was given a broken and dirty table. Near the door and children. Asked for Guacamole but server said they could do it by a table side, which is part of the point of it. She ended up doing it at our table because we begged. The food was good. Chips were really salty, but then told that they had ones with no salt. Drinks were great. Waiter was pleasant. I would go again but ask for a table not near the door. May even try it in the summer when we could eat outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ManagerLoisDined on 3/29/2014The best guacamole and sangria around. Our salmon was a bit undercooked and it was taking a while to be returned to the table. Theanager stepped in, gave us a new portion on the house and even sent over dessert. The entire dining experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely lunchDelishdishVIPDined on 3/28/2014My girlfriends and u shared a lovely lunch here. Chips and salsa were fresh and tasty. We ordered chicken quesadilla which came with spur cream and oniony guacamole; carnitas and short rib enchiladas. The order came with warm corn tortillas, flavorful rice and black beans. Only negative were the overly salty carnitas. Everything else was delicious. Service always attentive and pleasant. Very quiet at lunch - go!
- Very nice assist for partyMama45Dined on 3/21/2014It was my daughter's 15th birthday we did and it was wonderful supports for 12 teenagers this restaurant . The wonderful food and birthday entertain such as fake large cake and real insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice evening!ffergVIPDined on 3/17/2014consistent service and food quality as my last visit.... thank you!!! . very nice evening!!!Special Features: