Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico
Paseo Caribe, Avenida Muñoz Rivera
San Juan, PR 00918Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 9393387344
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Hedwill Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico
Right across the Atlantic Sea and Condado Lagoon, and just blocks away from hip Old San Juan and stylish Condado, Rosa Mexicano Puerto Rico delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible and festive atmosphere. The amazing views, will sit perfect while you enjoy our tableside Guacamole and our famous Frozen Pomegranate Margarita. Rosa Mexicano has been serving classic Mexican cuisine for over 20 years. The restaurant’s design creates a festive environment with bold, vibrant colors and features a dynamic water wall with a legion of Acapulco cliff diver figurines. We invite you to visit us and experience the flavors of Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico - Best Restaurants in San Juan ›
Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (34)good for groups (26)special occasion (19)hot spot (13)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (7)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Disappointing experienceSpotmeterDined on 9/5/2014Rosa Mexicano is beautifully decorated place with a nice bar setting and DJ music. Ambiance and service were good but it is a restaurant and the food nor the drinks were on par with the service and the ambiance. Will not go back and can not recommend this place.Special Features:
- Good but needs to improveBubaVIPDined on 8/27/2014This was my 6 visit to Rosa Mexicano, I was disappointed with the slow service. We complained to the waiter and he tried to improve but I think they were short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisitePassionateatingDined on 8/24/2014My dining experience was incredible. From the valet parking to Frida, the incredibly friendly and patient waitress, to the special pork belly pineapple and scallop tacos, this place exceeded my expectations in every way. I would most certainly be recommending this restaurant to friends and I have already recommended this restaurant to family that lives on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ExperienceMayeDined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious, but the best part was the service. It was seriously one of the best in Puerto Rico. Our waiter was incredible and everybody made us feel great. Unbelievable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable dining experiencemikemmoonDined on 8/13/2014The staff was better than any fine dining restaurant I have been to. We enjoyed everything we tried. The table fresh guacamole was a bit overpriced for just a single avocado for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The restaurant has not figured the service out. The quality of the food is mediocre at best.Special Features:
- DisappointedDRMNDined on 7/12/2014Having experienced their flagship across Lincoln Center, NYC, this was a bad imitation. For starters, they could not serve their pomegranate margarita on the rocks....why? Because they had a frozen machine for that, and it tasted like acid lemonade. The menu was abbreviated leaving mostly tapas. I tried the soft tacos ceviche mahi mahi and it was like a tablespoon of salt in my mouth. The table side guacamole is the only thing that was reminiscent of the real Rosa Mexicano. What a pity, the place and location are beautiful.
- Not what I expected. $$$$XRDmanVIPDined on 7/9/2014I would sum up the dinner as overpriced. The food had good flavor and there is plenty to choose on the menu, just simply over priced specially if considering we had kids in our party. Also make sure you understand what dishes are hot spicy as it took all four of us by surprise when upon the first taste of our food we realized it had a noticeable kick. I love hot and have to say it was the perfect amount of heat but others were not so happy about it and would have rather asked for something else. We also, upon arrival and within five minutes had to ask to be moved to a diferent table as the center tables in the middle of the floor are supe loud. The waitress was very diligent and quick to move us to a quieter table.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Mexican FoodExpatjatDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed the food. Authentic Mexican food nicely presented. Try the guacamole appetizer prepared at the table. It was quite noisy ambience, but generally good experience. Prices were reasonable also. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantBubaVIPDined on 7/3/2014I've been several times to Rosa Mexicano and have to say that it is getting better every time, not only the food but also the service is great. It is a fun restaurant and the view is fantastic.Special Features:
- Nice addition to Caribe Hilton arearipstersDined on 6/23/2014Rosa Mexicana is a welcome addition to those staying at the Caribe Hilton. Very short walk from the Hotel along the Paseo Caribe esplanade.Special Features:
- Not impressedLocalVIPDined on 6/22/2014When for the second time to give it the benefit of a second chance, but althougth the food is diferent and good in general at least the one in Puerto Rico did not impressed me. There are much much better places for the food, althougth the scenic view is great. If you go just to take a look and compare it is a nice place, but would I go back? Dont think so unless I just taking someone for curiosity.Special Features:
- Father's Day LunchlyvalaDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend from another town. The food was very good, fresh, good taste and very well presented. Our waiter was charming and accessible. Always looking forward to please us. We had a great time. I'm sure I will come back soon.Special Features:
- AverageBriGuyDined on 6/14/2014Rosa's is very nicely decorated and has a nice view but the food and service was average for the price.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!DidiDined on 6/9/2014I's been there once before for nachos and margaritas and it was great, but this time I went with some girlfriends to celebrate a birthday and it just exceeded our expectations! The food was just great, our server was awesome and the overall experience is just something you have to experience! The restaurant setting, location and view are also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at RMViajeraIndigoDined on 6/8/2014If you are searching for a traditional Mexican food, this is not the place. Services was fantastic, every single employee keeps prepare to help and answer your questions. Food was really good, but again, it's not a taqueria. As appetizer we order Queso Fundido with Chorizo sausage, a little salty. As entree I order a Pollo Pibil(Pibil chicken) lovely juicy chicken breast made at pibil's style ( anato/achiote paste and citrus), comes with ripped plantains and rajas. Awesome!!!! My husband order Pescado a la veracruzana, mahi mahi is tomatoes and peppers sauce, good but not outstanding.They include "family size" (normal size if you ask me) cilantro rice and refritos. Free valet parking included.Special Features:
- Definitely recommendEiri2VIPDined on 6/7/2014I had a great dinner and had fun watching them make the guacamole right in front of us and our waitress was excellent to provide us with the best experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousTeriDined on 5/31/2014Other than the noise level (very loud and had to shout at a table for 4 sometimes to be heard), the experience was great! Very good food, excellent, friendly service and a beautiful setting. The guacamole is exceptional and the short ribs melt in your mouth. Nice touch to serve a sample of the house Pomegranate Margarita.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceFloridaFillyDined on 5/30/2014Our group of four had a fabulous time. Service and food was great. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed appetizers, drinks, meal, and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Mexican food in PR!IkeEDined on 5/27/2014Tablesside guacamole & Margaritas was just the beginning of an outstanding dinner and the service was 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014SORRY. Not Mexican enough Cuts for fajitas too big for tacos Cold chicken.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Nuestro mesero Fernando hizo de la velada una especial. Sus recomendaciones, atención a detalles y servicio impeccable.Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014Excelente guacamole. Great choices for Margaritas.Special Features:
- Great experienceANA22Dined on 5/19/2014The food was fantastic, the service was fast and efficient. The portions are perfect and dont forget to have the churros for dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Muy bueno el servicio y el ambiente. Los aperitivos excelentes, la comida puede mejorar,,,Special Features:
- AmazingKiarayalDined on 5/14/2014The food was exellent and the service was spectacular. Me and my mom went for lunch for the Restaurant week and we had a great time. The food was really good, we had the tortilla soup which has just the right amount of heat and the Cheese quesadillas. Main course I had the beef tacos and my mom had the salmon salad and they were both really good. The ending with some churros with 3 dipping sauces and a coffee dessert, they were to die for. Amazing experience, will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great restaurantLike2eatDined on 5/11/2014Very trendy place with great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014the ambience, service, food was spectacular specially for Mothers day. Great lagoon view and included free valet parking. The margaritas and guacamole second to none. It was worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014too much noise, food is good but average. Service was excellent, the spot suggested a more high scale experience in ambiance and food but it turned out almost like a sport barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationkerenrivDined on 5/7/2014We went for lunch to celebrate my Birthday and the experience was simply amazing!!! Great food & service...the pomegranate margarita's were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTanitoDined on 5/6/2014I visited on Tuesday, 6:00 p.m.,(05/06/14) reservation was ready. Our waiter, Milton, was extremely helpful. with menu suggestions, and his perfect service. Also valet parking was excellent. It was a wonderful night. Food was a little expensive, but was money well spend. Only complaint is margarita's price $15.00 , $13.00 and they come in a drink glass.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014The ambiance and waterfront setting are spectacular. The table side guacamole is great. The rest is so-so.Special Features:
- Will come back!FamtomercDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I had a long overdue date night here and had a great time. The tequila menu is awesome, had a very smooth reposado shot followed by a Suprema Margarita. The guacamole was very good as expected but the stars of the night were the churros. They were super light and crispy. The mahi mahi tacos with truffle oil were yummy. The only thing I would add is outside dining. With such a pretty view and ocean breeze, being able to eat outside would have made our night. The parking attendants were very courteous too.Special Features:
- In-spot...poorgourmetDined on 5/2/2014We were a party of four; my wife's birthday for which I got a reservation as it was a Friday night and I knew there would be many people there. I only had to wait for maybe 4 minutes for my table to be ready. The service was very good with the waiter providing ample details about the menu. He was very helpful in responding to the group's questions about the food and drinks' menus. The enchiladas with the tomatillo sauce were superb... I'll be back to try the quesadillas. The margarita was very strong and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DannyDined on 4/24/2014Too Disappointing....I don't like to bad mouth places, so I will leave it like this.
- Goo/Nice Place but...LocalVIPDined on 4/24/2014Although the place and the food were good; the Host was terrible. No manner no courtesy. She didn’t want to engage in to understand that although at the time the claim didn’t have no openings, I booked immediately by Open Table and got a table in lest that 30 minutes. The Host was disappointed and furthermore didn’t want to acknowledge the reservation by Open table. We were finally taking care, but I had to reach out Open table to get my credits. But the food and the table service was good.
- Too expensive for the foodFudcriticlove1Dined on 4/23/2014The cheese fondue was too little for the price and the taste wasn't that great. We ordered the margaritas unicas and they were a letdown. First they wete served in a whiskey glass, not a margarita glass. They are ok but the size is too small for the $13. 00 we paid for each. We ordered a plate of flautas and a plate of fish tacos. The flautas tasted like the ones you get frozen at Costco. The fish tacos were little with a small piece of fish and not much more. The cost for three fish tacos, $19.00. Not a bargain. The only thing tjat we really liked were the churros we ordered for dessert. They were hot and crunchy. And came with three sauces to dip them in. Nice ambience but not the seats. Overall, not a great experience for what you paySpecial Features:
- ExcellentNattyDined on 4/23/2014Excellent Food, place, near to my home, great for family, and for couple. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Good food, ludicrous prices.GeorgeDined on 4/21/2014Don’t expect standard variety. It’s just Mexican gourmet food. The margaritas are OK but expensive. You can get their prime entrée, Guacamole, in other places for less, notably On the Border. If you want regular Mexican food, there are other less expensive, same quality restaurants, in the island.Special Features:
- THis nos a real Rosa MexicanoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2014This place is a por imitation of Rosa Mexicano, the Margaritas are not the same and the menu is also a reduced version of any Rosa Mexicano. I wil not come back.Special Features: