Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico
Paseo Caribe, Avenida Muñoz Rivera
San Juan, PR 00918Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: (939) 338-7344
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Hedwill Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico
Right across the Atlantic Sea and Condado Lagoon, and just blocks away from hip Old San Juan and stylish Condado, Rosa Mexicano Puerto Rico delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible and festive atmosphere. The amazing views, will sit perfect while you enjoy our tableside Guacamole and our famous Frozen Pomegranate Margarita. Rosa Mexicano has been serving classic Mexican cuisine for over 20 years. The restaurant’s design creates a festive environment with bold, vibrant colors and features a dynamic water wall with a legion of Acapulco cliff diver figurines. We invite you to visit us and experience the flavors of Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico - Best Restaurants in San Juan ›
Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (27)special occasion (16)good for groups (15)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great romantic restaurantCoffemacDined on 11/25/2014Not a typical Mexican restaurant but food was great. Service impeccable. Tequila list will amaze you. They prepare their own guacamole and it is to die for. Churros as a desert wit chocolate sauce is a must. Avoid the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me and my boyfriend are extremely pleasedLuarlynDined on 11/21/2014Our experience was incredibly awsome. From the valet personnel through the server, manager, receiver; everybody. The food was great. The service and atendance was so professional. I would defenetily recommend this restaurant to anybody. And I will sure go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the mark!LJCDVIPDined on 11/17/2014I am a frequent guest at the NY/NJ locations. The San Juan location really missed the mark. The guacamole came out good/as expected. But our 3 entrees were terrible. I always get the same thing, the Baja Tacos. Here the fish was over fried, dry and cut the top of my mouth. The corn was swimming in mayo/cheese and I nearly spit out the first bite. My partner's tuna tacos were fishy and tasteless. He was only able to force himself to eat 2 out of the 3, and he's a big guy. We were so embarassed that we brought a client there! I guess we should've known being that they only had 2 tables (including us) during the entire 2 hours we were there for lunch. Do not waste your money!
- SPECIAL TIMESMEX02FOOD04Dined on 11/8/2014ITS A GOOD RESTAURANT, BUT THE SERVICE TOOK A BIT OF TIME TO TAKE OUR ORDER. HE TOOK OUR ORDER ALMOST FINISH OUT APETTIZER. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE THE FOOD WAS REALLY GOOD.Special Features:
- Awesome... Like AlwaysMayeDined on 10/25/2014My new favorite restaurant. Great food, drinks and service. You couldn't ask for more!Special Features:
- excelente restauranterodolfoDined on 10/23/2014Comida salio justo como la pedimos. todo a tiempo y todo sabroso. La margarifs frozen Wow !!!! deliciosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork or charcoal?HidrocalidoprDined on 10/22/2014I ask for the braised pork called "Chamarra" (I think that's the name). It was overcooked, that when I ate some chunk it was completely dry and crunchy. The pork should be soft and easy to eat, like an Ossobuco, but in an area it came hard to eat. The flavor was very good, except in the overcooked area. The Tres Leches desert was dry too, when it should be moisty and maybe dripping. None of this happened. I tried a Margarita made of añejo tequila. It was delicious, but too small and full of ice for a very small glass.Special Features:
- Faster ServiceGeneKDined on 10/6/2014The location is a very good one with nice view of Bridge and Atlantic Inlet. Many suite managers walking arounfd with headsets but took 14 minutes to get a bottle of wine. Fresh made guacomole very nicely presented and tasted well, this place will get better as time moves on.Special Features:
- Vic11Dined on 10/3/2014Very expensive. Good guacamole! Limited menu I have been at other RM locations, this is much more expensive and more limited selection. Decent service.Special Features:
- sherryVIPDined on 9/28/2014Location and service was excellent but the food was not as good as the other restaurants in the states.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014I've been to the RM locations in NYC and enjoyed the experiences very much. But here, the hostesses were rude and inefficient. The guacamole was extremely salty but the waiter didn't respond to my comments in that regard. The duck confit was okay but the squash gnocchi was such a small serving that I'm not sure why they even bothered putting it underneath the little duck enter. No tres leches so we skipped dessert. My partner liked his chicken enchilada a lot but he also thought the guacamole was way too salty. There was a funky fashion show going on that Thursday evening and that was kind of fun. It's definitely a happening bar scene in the front.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceSpotmeterDined on 9/5/2014Rosa Mexicano is beautifully decorated place with a nice bar setting and DJ music. Ambiance and service were good but it is a restaurant and the food nor the drinks were on par with the service and the ambiance. Will not go back and can not recommend this place.Special Features:
- Good but needs to improveBubaVIPDined on 8/27/2014This was my 6 visit to Rosa Mexicano, I was disappointed with the slow service. We complained to the waiter and he tried to improve but I think they were short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisitePassionateatingDined on 8/24/2014My dining experience was incredible. From the valet parking to Frida, the incredibly friendly and patient waitress, to the special pork belly pineapple and scallop tacos, this place exceeded my expectations in every way. I would most certainly be recommending this restaurant to friends and I have already recommended this restaurant to family that lives on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ExperienceMayeDined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious, but the best part was the service. It was seriously one of the best in Puerto Rico. Our waiter was incredible and everybody made us feel great. Unbelievable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable dining experiencemikemmoonDined on 8/13/2014The staff was better than any fine dining restaurant I have been to. We enjoyed everything we tried. The table fresh guacamole was a bit overpriced for just a single avocado for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 79 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Puerto Rico reviews archive.
- Bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The restaurant has not figured the service out. The quality of the food is mediocre at best.Special Features:
- DisappointedDRMNDined on 7/12/2014Having experienced their flagship across Lincoln Center, NYC, this was a bad imitation. For starters, they could not serve their pomegranate margarita on the rocks....why? Because they had a frozen machine for that, and it tasted like acid lemonade. The menu was abbreviated leaving mostly tapas. I tried the soft tacos ceviche mahi mahi and it was like a tablespoon of salt in my mouth. The table side guacamole is the only thing that was reminiscent of the real Rosa Mexicano. What a pity, the place and location are beautiful.
- Not what I expected. $$$$XRDmanVIPDined on 7/9/2014I would sum up the dinner as overpriced. The food had good flavor and there is plenty to choose on the menu, just simply over priced specially if considering we had kids in our party. Also make sure you understand what dishes are hot spicy as it took all four of us by surprise when upon the first taste of our food we realized it had a noticeable kick. I love hot and have to say it was the perfect amount of heat but others were not so happy about it and would have rather asked for something else. We also, upon arrival and within five minutes had to ask to be moved to a diferent table as the center tables in the middle of the floor are supe loud. The waitress was very diligent and quick to move us to a quieter table.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Mexican FoodExpatjatDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed the food. Authentic Mexican food nicely presented. Try the guacamole appetizer prepared at the table. It was quite noisy ambience, but generally good experience. Prices were reasonable also. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantBubaVIPDined on 7/3/2014I've been several times to Rosa Mexicano and have to say that it is getting better every time, not only the food but also the service is great. It is a fun restaurant and the view is fantastic.Special Features:
- Nice addition to Caribe Hilton arearipstersDined on 6/23/2014Rosa Mexicana is a welcome addition to those staying at the Caribe Hilton. Very short walk from the Hotel along the Paseo Caribe esplanade.Special Features:
- Not impressedLocalVIPDined on 6/22/2014When for the second time to give it the benefit of a second chance, but althougth the food is diferent and good in general at least the one in Puerto Rico did not impressed me. There are much much better places for the food, althougth the scenic view is great. If you go just to take a look and compare it is a nice place, but would I go back? Dont think so unless I just taking someone for curiosity.Special Features:
- Father's Day LunchlyvalaDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend from another town. The food was very good, fresh, good taste and very well presented. Our waiter was charming and accessible. Always looking forward to please us. We had a great time. I'm sure I will come back soon.Special Features:
- AverageBriGuyDined on 6/14/2014Rosa's is very nicely decorated and has a nice view but the food and service was average for the price.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!DidiDined on 6/9/2014I's been there once before for nachos and margaritas and it was great, but this time I went with some girlfriends to celebrate a birthday and it just exceeded our expectations! The food was just great, our server was awesome and the overall experience is just something you have to experience! The restaurant setting, location and view are also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at RMViajeraIndigoDined on 6/8/2014If you are searching for a traditional Mexican food, this is not the place. Services was fantastic, every single employee keeps prepare to help and answer your questions. Food was really good, but again, it's not a taqueria. As appetizer we order Queso Fundido with Chorizo sausage, a little salty. As entree I order a Pollo Pibil(Pibil chicken) lovely juicy chicken breast made at pibil's style ( anato/achiote paste and citrus), comes with ripped plantains and rajas. Awesome!!!! My husband order Pescado a la veracruzana, mahi mahi is tomatoes and peppers sauce, good but not outstanding.They include "family size" (normal size if you ask me) cilantro rice and refritos. Free valet parking included.Special Features:
- Definitely recommendEiri2VIPDined on 6/7/2014I had a great dinner and had fun watching them make the guacamole right in front of us and our waitress was excellent to provide us with the best experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousTeriDined on 5/31/2014Other than the noise level (very loud and had to shout at a table for 4 sometimes to be heard), the experience was great! Very good food, excellent, friendly service and a beautiful setting. The guacamole is exceptional and the short ribs melt in your mouth. Nice touch to serve a sample of the house Pomegranate Margarita.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceFloridaFillyDined on 5/30/2014Our group of four had a fabulous time. Service and food was great. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed appetizers, drinks, meal, and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Mexican food in PR!IkeEDined on 5/27/2014Tablesside guacamole & Margaritas was just the beginning of an outstanding dinner and the service was 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014SORRY. Not Mexican enough Cuts for fajitas too big for tacos Cold chicken.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Nuestro mesero Fernando hizo de la velada una especial. Sus recomendaciones, atención a detalles y servicio impeccable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014Excelente guacamole. Great choices for Margaritas.Special Features:
- Great experienceANA22Dined on 5/19/2014The food was fantastic, the service was fast and efficient. The portions are perfect and dont forget to have the churros for dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Muy bueno el servicio y el ambiente. Los aperitivos excelentes, la comida puede mejorar,,,Special Features:
- AmazingKiarayalDined on 5/14/2014The food was exellent and the service was spectacular. Me and my mom went for lunch for the Restaurant week and we had a great time. The food was really good, we had the tortilla soup which has just the right amount of heat and the Cheese quesadillas. Main course I had the beef tacos and my mom had the salmon salad and they were both really good. The ending with some churros with 3 dipping sauces and a coffee dessert, they were to die for. Amazing experience, will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great restaurantLike2eatDined on 5/11/2014Very trendy place with great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014the ambience, service, food was spectacular specially for Mothers day. Great lagoon view and included free valet parking. The margaritas and guacamole second to none. It was worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014too much noise, food is good but average. Service was excellent, the spot suggested a more high scale experience in ambiance and food but it turned out almost like a sport barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.