Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
153 Waterfront Street
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 3015671005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Antonio Contreras
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Cactus room and Potomac Patio can hold parties for large groups and smaller more intimate parties. Our restaurant has gorgeous views of the Potomac River that make any occasion extra special. Off - premise catering is also available. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Kaye Newsome, at 301.567.1005 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and pricing.
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
- Public Transit: Metro bus line picks up from the Southern Avenue rail station, Indian Head Hwy & Southern Ave(DC line),Oxon Hill Park & Ride Lot and St. George Blvd. & Waterfront St. (National Harbor)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garage is available with rates of $2.00 for the first hour and $3.00 for 1-3 hours.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened on the upper east side of New York City. Playing a leading role in defining what was then a "new" cuisine to American diners, Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita, as well as the stylish and festive ambiance that includes an illuminated water wall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (40)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (18)special occasion (17)good for groups (17)hot spot (11)romantic (7)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Good guacamoleMelderVIPDined on 9/24/2014The menu wasn't very exciting, but the food was of decent quality, and the table-side guacamole was pretty good. It was clean and the service was fine, nothing negative to say, but not exceptional either.Special Features:
- AwesomeAttagirlDined on 9/22/2014The food here is really good. My friends loved it and we all thought more authentic than most Mexican restaurants!! Guacamole is a must try!!Special Features:
- GREAT DINING EXPERIENCEKevinDined on 9/17/2014OUR FIRST DINNER EXPERIENCE TO NATIONAL HARBOR , I FOUND ROSA MEXICANO ON OPEN TABLES AND LOOKED AT SOME OF THE REVIEWS- IT WAS GREAT FRONM START TO FINISH, FOOD AND SERVICE WERE TOP NOTCH AND THE VIEW OF THE HARBOR WAS ICING ON THE CAKESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again!mustfindfoodDined on 9/11/2014I don't usually write reviews but this is an exception. I am very dissatisfied with this restaurant. There were 5 in my dinner party & only one person enjoyed the meal (salmon). Two of us ordered crab enchiladas which were horrible. The green sauce poured over the enchilada was so over powering that the crab was barely recognizable in flavor. The other plates were the fish taco & the three enchilada dinner (again, the sauce was so overpowering and far too much of it). For such terrible food, the cost was so overpriced. The total meal was $195 with 1 non alcoholic & 1 alcoholic drink, & 2 desserts (the best thing the whole evening). I don't mind paying $200 for a meal, but not with food this bad. However, I will say, service was excellent.
- Great gluten free optionsarbucloVIPDined on 9/11/2014My friend is gluten free and she had an amazing selection of dishes to choose from. I really like that their menu sports interesting Mexican dishes that you don't get everywhere. Food is very tasty too, the most important part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining MexicanaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Dining here was a good experience. Guacamole prepared at the table was excellent because the preparer paid attention to our likes and dislikes. Service was fast, friendly and efficient. Food was delicious and beautifully plated. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Review.SteelermanDined on 9/3/2014Great food, nice view. Not enough attention from the waitress.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodRBmomDined on 9/3/2014We has a great time. The server was outstanding in explaining the menu and suggestions to several people in our group who had never been to Rosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed very muchHerpgirlDined on 8/21/2014Food, service, location and ambiance were all wonderful. No complaints. Really loved the guacamole!Special Features:
- Took my girlfriendJaydeeDined on 8/13/2014I took my girlfriend cause it's her favorite restaurant and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FufiDined on 8/11/2014I had such a great experience, specially because our waitres knew a lot about the food and gave us great recommendations from appetizers to desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYjraeDined on 8/5/2014Baja fish tacos are amazing. Drinks are awesome. Call ahead to make sure you don't have to wait for a table!!Special Features:
- anitaDined on 8/1/2014Definitely, comfortable dining at Rosa Mexicano. We had a lovely lunch. The service was very good & friendly. The guacamole appetizer made at the table was very nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. I had the tres enchiladas for my main meal. They were tasty, but again, nothing out of the ordinary. Pricey lunch!!!! But a great view~Special Features:
- Long lunchRKSpringfieldDined on 7/30/2014Two co-workers and I went to Rosa Mexicano for lunch at the end of a conference at National Harbor. We weren't in a big rush, but we did have to return to the office that afternoon. Our menu selections were pretty simple -- two of us had chicken quesadillas and one had a beef backrib enchilada -- no drinks, no appetizers. The restaurant was busy enough but not packed; however, it took a very long time for our food to be prepared. The meals were prepared well; the enchilada was nicely seasoned, and I heard no complaints about the quesadillas. The sides of rice and beans were served family style, which is a good idea since not everyone likes one or both of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014I've never had a bad experience at this Rosa Mexicana. It's always a good choice when deciding to eat out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of four had a super time.BikeAndBrunchDined on 7/11/2014We've been here before, and as usual the service and the food are exceptional. We appreciated in particular the knowledgeable advice from our server about what was available that day. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmospherFoodforthesoulDined on 7/8/2014Food was surprisingly good. Really enjoyed the guacamole and ceviche. The braised short ribs were tender and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014This was my first visit and I will return again and let my friends know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightMmmgoodDined on 6/18/2014Good price for great view and great food. Guacamole is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soamooreVIPDined on 6/10/2014Food was bland and uninteresting. Paid 14 dollars for two very small cheese enchiladas. Won't go here again.Special Features:
- So - So lunchGlennDined on 6/6/2014First let me say if you're planning to go to a Rosa Mexacano in the DC area I'd definitely would go to the branch by the Verizon Center rather than National Harbor. My wife & I have been there twice for lunch recently. The food is average at best. Unfortunately the service at this branch is extremely slow and has a trend of getting worse. In both occasions the wait staff kept us waiting after we were seated and then after we received our food never once came back to check on us. We also had to wait an inordinate long time to get our check. Its lucky the restaurant is located in such a tourist spot as NH or no one would visit it.
- Happy Birthday with GuacamoleCubfanDined on 6/5/2014The bottomless guac at the bar during Happy Hour is the way to start an evening celebration. After downing 3 volcanic rock bowl servings of freshly made guacamole, accompanied with as many margaritas, we proceeded into the restaurant for a light dinner. Great view of the river and the new ferris wheel at National Harbor. A word about the margaritas: the signature pomegranate ones are excellent but over-priced; the house margaritas are sensibly priced during happy hour, very good, but under-sized. Skip the premium margaritas, just not worth the increased cost. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to connectBee2Dined on 6/4/2014When meeting with friends or family in the area, we always stop at Rosa's. Great food, great view, and centrally located, just across the bridge from Alexandria.Special Features:
- Good foodLovemesomefood33VIPDined on 6/4/2014Food is good, a bit overpriced so be prepared to spend a few extra bucks..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1073 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor reviews archive.
- Delicious food, lovely viewAWaldorfDinerDined on 5/29/2014My husband and I enjoyed an early lunch there on our anniversary. We sat at table in the window overlooking the pier at National Harbor. Beautiful ambiance! The guacamole "at your table" was fun and delicious. We each had a tequila from the amazing tequila list, and it complemented the food beautifully. A special treat were the pork taco "carnitas" which were beautifully presented and delicious on the homemade corn tortillas. It was quiet when we were there, but I suspect it gets a little more dynamic later. I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- ShelliVIPDined on 5/19/2014Orlando, our Server, was absolutely fantastic! Bar area is very comfortable and the scenery was great. Guacamole and great service.... Winner all day!Special Features:
- Fabulous FindGeorgiagirlDined on 5/16/2014We had a fantastic time at Rosa Mexicano at National Harbor. This is our meeting place when we come to National Harbor on vacation. The food is so delicious and the Guac just amazing as it is made fresh just the way one likes it.... The best part about this place is the wonderful people that work here. Orlando and Matty in the bar area are just the most amazing Servers and they are almost like family ! I cannot wait to go back again in a few months.Special Features:
- always great service and foodRicknoonanDined on 5/15/2014we've been here many times, and have always had a nice experience. recently dined there with a group, reservation for six, and we had 10 with us, they were able to accommodate without fuss. fish taco's are my favorite, along with the spicy guacamole made table side.Special Features:
- Can I just get the guacDCLadybugDined on 5/9/2014Love Rosa's. Usually go to the downtown location but ended up at National Harbor for a work lunch event. What's not to like the margaritas and guac are amazing. They never disappoint. The service was only fair but overall the experience was good. I would go back again, but have to remember the portion sizes are HUGE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view - so so foodAlexDinerVIPDined on 5/7/2014Went expecting good Mexican food but was very disappointed. Restaurant was crowded with convention attendees and huge group waiting. After our experience - wondered why. Noise level was painful thanks to high ceilings and hard surfaces. But we were there for the food...and left wondering what the positive reviews were based on. While one diner's plates were attractive, the food lacked flavor. The other diner? A hot (rather cold) mess. First dish returned to kitchen because it was cold - heating it didn't improve it...too much tomatillo sauce and cilantro. High points were server, view and salsa.Special Features:
- Wait staff amazingjahdDined on 4/22/2014The best way to describe the wait staff is their attention to detail. They seem to have been trained well and know just the right time to come to the table to assist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed at RosaOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/21/2014Not quite there. Food was OK. Training a server, left some gaps. With all the great Mexican alternatives not likely to return any time soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mexican foodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/18/2014Rosa Mexicano is one of our favorite restaurants in National Harbor. We ate there twice during our four day stay (and did the same thing last year)! Has great food, wonderful guacamole made table side, and tasty drinks. I recommend the mango chili margarita. Also has a lovely view. Wish they had a Rosa Mexicano near us.
- Splendid Mexican Evening.TrussyVIPDined on 4/16/2014Went for a family meal, with my wife and two girls (13 & 10), had a booth inside, they have a really nice deck which looks like a great spot on a nice day. Mexican food is popular with my family and we've eaten in a lot of Mexican restaurants. This is right up there with the best - great spot, service was pretty much perfect and the food was enjoyed by the whole family - I had carnitas tacos and they were probably the best I'd ever had, the kids had chicken tacos, which they really liked - although maybe more Mexican dishes on the kids menu would have been good. Their specialities -the hand made guacamole was a nice bit of theater and the margaritas were splendid.
- Special Event Gone GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014I booked a reservation for my friend's birthday dinner. Everything was top notch! One of the best parts was the customer service. We ended up having a few more people commit after the reservation was made. While most restaurants would not want to accommodate you especially on a Saturday night, Shawn was excellent in helping make the adjustments. There was no problem, no stress, and no attitude about the last minute change. My friend had a wonderful birthday and all in attendance enjoyed themselves. You have to get the table side guacamole! The only downside was that it took a while to get both rounds of our drinks we order but the food did come out rather quickly. I def would have no problems recommending to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great Margaritas!DawnDined on 4/5/2014I've always had a great experience dining at Rosa Mexicano no matter the location (DC or National Harbor). The food is great and the margaritas are even better! The one at National Harbor has indoor and outdoor dining options in nice weather with a great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!Mary3108Dined on 3/30/2014The weather was horrible that day, windy, rainy, snowing, cold but we love this place the food was delicious, great service amd in a normal day you can enjoy a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekCarmenDined on 3/26/2014First time at this Rosa Mexicano. The guacamole needed more seasoning. When entrée arrived part of it was cold. I told Pablo who brought out another portion but by that time didn't want any more food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Rosa Mexicano forfoodloverDined on 3/23/2014We went to Rosa Mexicano for Restaurant Week. The deal included 3 items -- your choice of an entree, an appetizer, a dessert, or a beverage -- for $35. All in all, it was a pretty good deal! We paid $7 extra to get guacamole as one of our appetizers -- certainly glad we did it! We also got pomegranate margaritas. While they may seem small when they get to your table, you'll see the value once you take a sip -- there was no skimping on alcohol! The only part of our meals that we weren't impressed with were the cheese enchiladas. They weren't bad, just nothing to write home about. The decor and ambiance were top notch and the service was incredible! Would consider coming back if in the area, but not make the drive specifically.Special Features:
- Excellent product.JAIMEDined on 3/23/2014Always excellent food & drinks at reasonable prices. We'll always recommend both National Harbor and Washington DC locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.