Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
153 Waterfront Street
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: (301) 567-1005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Andre Meza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Cactus room and Potomac Patio can hold parties for large groups and smaller more intimate parties. Our restaurant has gorgeous views of the Potomac River that make any occasion extra special. Off - premise catering is also available. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Kaye Newsome, at 301.567.1005 or email@example.com for more information and pricing.
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
- Public Transit: Metro bus line picks up from the Southern Avenue rail station, Indian Head Hwy & Southern Ave(DC line),Oxon Hill Park & Ride Lot and St. George Blvd. & Waterfront St. (National Harbor)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garage is available with rates of $2.00 for the first hour and $3.00 for 1-3 hours.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened on the upper east side of New York City. Playing a leading role in defining what was then a "new" cuisine to American diners, Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita, as well as the stylish and festive ambiance that includes an illuminated water wall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (50)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (25)great for lunch (24)hot spot (17)romantic (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014As countless others have written (on Yelp, OpenTable, etc.), there's just no bang for your buck here. 15 dollars for guacamole? I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if there were more than one avocado, but there isn't more than one. And that's an inexcusable mark up. As for the entrees, like the guacamole the flavors are mostly fine, but when you pay 16 dollars for vegetable tacos and the majority of the entree is simply rice and beans... again, inexcusable. I counted 4 halves of brussels sprouts and 2 asparagus stalks. The rest? Mostly just mushy and inexpensive root vegetables. So where's the value here? And more importantly, where's the nutrition? In any case, my issue (as it is worth many other people) is not with the service. They all were friendly and attentive. The issue is with the ridiculous mark up on the menu items. No doubt this is the result of being located at National Harbor, but it nevertheless is off-putting.
- RM, nice atmosphere, food needs more spice.SwansonDined on 11/16/2014We made dinner reservations online with Open Table and stated it was for a Birthday celebration for a family member, but no one asked when we arrived. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and deco of the restaurant, but the lighting was a bit too dim for me. We started with the Guacamole Dip (mild & spicy) which was very good. I ordered the Baja Fish Tacos which were rather bland, not much flavor, but I did enjoy the side bowls of black beans, rice and plantains. My family members seemed to enjoy their entree's, only one wished she had ordered the enchilada with chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We felt rushed.SpecialnightoutDined on 11/14/2014Lunch here was a great experience. Dinner felt rushed. They never offered to bring more of the "family style" sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save Your MoneyDarganDined on 11/14/2014Rosa Mexicano is waaaaay too expensive for mediocre Mexican food. While the location and view are extraordinary, the food is anything but. Service was good, but the drinks are too expensive: $11.00 for a margarita at lunch time (or anytime for that matter) served in a very small non-margarita glass is unbelievable! Lunch with a margarita, plus tax and tip, comes in around $38.00. Add to that $9.00 for parking and you have a very expensive outing for a very disappointing experience.
- Nice place , very good service .LhuizDined on 11/6/2014When we arrived is little noise place , horrible music for the bar , But the service is wonderful, smiling employees, food great, and espectacular food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill from a year agoMikeDined on 11/6/2014I haven't been here for a little while due to being out of the area, but boy have they changed. Sometimes change is good, but none of their change is. They raised the price of their most popular margarita (the frozen pomegranate), they got rid of several of their (in my opinion) best items, and they no longer have some of their better beers such as the Rogue Juniper pale ale. Getting rid of the scallop and pork belly tacos was a huge mistake as was the duck enchiladas. The nachos are nowhere near as delicious as they used to be even though the menu describes them to be the same and still calls them "hand cut". This is such a shame because we were really looking forward to having Rosa's back in our lives, but we will have to search elsewhere.
- Super Food/Overwhelmed StaffWandaDined on 11/3/2014It hardly seems fair, but I have to say that it would be good if the service matched the food. The reason it hardly seems fair is that the lunch time crowd was probably three times the usual size! That said, a more sophisticated and experienced staff would have handled it better. I'll definitely try another Rosa Mexicano, as the food was quite special.Special Features:
- Great views, Great foodchollieDined on 10/30/2014A bit pricey but a great view and good food. Good variety on the menu - food and drinks. Flank steak special was excellent.Special Features:
- Big groups aren't good for othersEat3Dined on 10/28/2014Excellent food with interesting recipes, very nice ambience, and very good service when our server wasn't pre-occupied with his table of 20. It's a poor management decision to assign a server to a big group table and also to a table for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A WINNER!GinoDined on 10/28/2014We've been there many times. This occasion was her birthday, she specifically picked Rosa Mexicano! Service is always professional and friendly. Great view of the Inner Harbor. Always crowded because it is so good! Make a reservation! Highest recommendation!Special Features:
- Great Food!FoodiefromDCVIPDined on 10/25/2014Rosa Mexicano is by far the best restaurant at National Harbor. The food was great and the flavors were very authentic. The portions aren't large but you will definitely leave satisfied. I would recommend the frozen pomegranate margaritas, the guacamole, the Pollo Pibil and the enchiladas. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Birthday Night Out!DatenyteDined on 10/24/2014My husband requested dinner at Rosa Mexicano for his birthday outing and we had a great time. Guacamole was awesome! It was like a party in a bowl when it arrive at our table! Skinny margaritas were fabulous! Feeling a little tipsy, I spilled water on my husband trying to give him my glass after he ate one of those hot green peppers (for garnish) that we were warned about from our waiter. Took his mind off the burning sensation! 😛Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa's deliverscindersailVIPDined on 10/23/2014What an excellent evening. The food was high quality, super fresh and prepared in the authentic manner of true Mexican flavors. I ordered a Hanger steak perfectly cooked medium that was juicy,and loaded with extra flavor from marinating. On the plate with the steak was simple cheese enchilada that was utterly delicious with a warm cheesy interior and a mild ranchero sauce. Every dish came to us piping hot and beautifully seasoned. We can readily reccomend Rosa's in both National Harbor .Special Features:
- Get the Table Side QuacRosemontmanDined on 10/13/2014I love this restaurant. Not just this location but the one next to Verizon Center as well. This is a great location overlooking the Potomac river. Food is always good. Atmosphere is great. Staff always helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Our waiter was prompt and attentive. I had the crab enchiladas. I asked if I could have them made with flour tortillas instead of corn. They were amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!Travel4ever62Dined on 10/6/2014Enjoyed the view of the Ferris wheel and great food. Have to get the table side guacamole....it was terrific. One person had the mahi mahi and it was good. Another had stacked cheesey chicken enchiladas (called something else) and they were excellent. I had basically skewered chicken and it was fair, fairly dry but the plantains more than made up for it. If you're in national harbor, this is a great choice!Special Features:
- hpycoupleDined on 10/1/2014Went to Rosa last night for an anniversary dinner. Our waiter was great. very friendly and gave great suggestions on what entrees to get. We had the pomegranate margarita and white sangria. both were good and on the strong side. For our meals we got ceviche, carna asada tacos, chicken flutas and mahi mahi tacos appetizer. Liked everything but the ceviche. it tasted bland. Wouldnt really go here for a date night again. Its more of a family/friend dinner place and not so intimate. only other complaint would be the food is pricey for what it is.Special Features:
- Good Mexican in National HarborDani9269Dined on 9/29/2014The guacamole and mango chili margarita were to die for. I was very disappointed in the ceviche.Special Features:
- Good guacamoleMelderVIPDined on 9/24/2014The menu wasn't very exciting, but the food was of decent quality, and the table-side guacamole was pretty good. It was clean and the service was fine, nothing negative to say, but not exceptional either.Special Features:
- AwesomeAttagirlDined on 9/22/2014The food here is really good. My friends loved it and we all thought more authentic than most Mexican restaurants!! Guacamole is a must try!!Special Features:
- GREAT DINING EXPERIENCEKevinVIPDined on 9/17/2014OUR FIRST DINNER EXPERIENCE TO NATIONAL HARBOR , I FOUND ROSA MEXICANO ON OPEN TABLES AND LOOKED AT SOME OF THE REVIEWS- IT WAS GREAT FRONM START TO FINISH, FOOD AND SERVICE WERE TOP NOTCH AND THE VIEW OF THE HARBOR WAS ICING ON THE CAKESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again!mustfindfoodDined on 9/11/2014I don't usually write reviews but this is an exception. I am very dissatisfied with this restaurant. There were 5 in my dinner party & only one person enjoyed the meal (salmon). Two of us ordered crab enchiladas which were horrible. The green sauce poured over the enchilada was so over powering that the crab was barely recognizable in flavor. The other plates were the fish taco & the three enchilada dinner (again, the sauce was so overpowering and far too much of it). For such terrible food, the cost was so overpriced. The total meal was $195 with 1 non alcoholic & 1 alcoholic drink, & 2 desserts (the best thing the whole evening). I don't mind paying $200 for a meal, but not with food this bad. However, I will say, service was excellent.
- Great gluten free optionsarbucloVIPDined on 9/11/2014My friend is gluten free and she had an amazing selection of dishes to choose from. I really like that their menu sports interesting Mexican dishes that you don't get everywhere. Food is very tasty too, the most important part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining MexicanaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Dining here was a good experience. Guacamole prepared at the table was excellent because the preparer paid attention to our likes and dislikes. Service was fast, friendly and efficient. Food was delicious and beautifully plated. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Review.SteelermanDined on 9/3/2014Great food, nice view. Not enough attention from the waitress.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodRBmomDined on 9/3/2014We has a great time. The server was outstanding in explaining the menu and suggestions to several people in our group who had never been to Rosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed very muchHerpgirlDined on 8/21/2014Food, service, location and ambiance were all wonderful. No complaints. Really loved the guacamole!Special Features:
- Took my girlfriendJaydeeDined on 8/13/2014I took my girlfriend cause it's her favorite restaurant and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FufiDined on 8/11/2014I had such a great experience, specially because our waitres knew a lot about the food and gave us great recommendations from appetizers to desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYjraeDined on 8/5/2014Baja fish tacos are amazing. Drinks are awesome. Call ahead to make sure you don't have to wait for a table!!Special Features:
- anitaDined on 8/1/2014Definitely, comfortable dining at Rosa Mexicano. We had a lovely lunch. The service was very good & friendly. The guacamole appetizer made at the table was very nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. I had the tres enchiladas for my main meal. They were tasty, but again, nothing out of the ordinary. Pricey lunch!!!! But a great view~Special Features:
- Long lunchRKSpringfieldDined on 7/30/2014Two co-workers and I went to Rosa Mexicano for lunch at the end of a conference at National Harbor. We weren't in a big rush, but we did have to return to the office that afternoon. Our menu selections were pretty simple -- two of us had chicken quesadillas and one had a beef backrib enchilada -- no drinks, no appetizers. The restaurant was busy enough but not packed; however, it took a very long time for our food to be prepared. The meals were prepared well; the enchilada was nicely seasoned, and I heard no complaints about the quesadillas. The sides of rice and beans were served family style, which is a good idea since not everyone likes one or both of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1083 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014I've never had a bad experience at this Rosa Mexicana. It's always a good choice when deciding to eat out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of four had a super time.BikeAndBrunchDined on 7/11/2014We've been here before, and as usual the service and the food are exceptional. We appreciated in particular the knowledgeable advice from our server about what was available that day. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmospherFoodforthesoulDined on 7/8/2014Food was surprisingly good. Really enjoyed the guacamole and ceviche. The braised short ribs were tender and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014This was my first visit and I will return again and let my friends know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightMmmgoodDined on 6/18/2014Good price for great view and great food. Guacamole is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soamooreVIPDined on 6/10/2014Food was bland and uninteresting. Paid 14 dollars for two very small cheese enchiladas. Won't go here again.Special Features:
- So - So lunchGlennDined on 6/6/2014First let me say if you're planning to go to a Rosa Mexacano in the DC area I'd definitely would go to the branch by the Verizon Center rather than National Harbor. My wife & I have been there twice for lunch recently. The food is average at best. Unfortunately the service at this branch is extremely slow and has a trend of getting worse. In both occasions the wait staff kept us waiting after we were seated and then after we received our food never once came back to check on us. We also had to wait an inordinate long time to get our check. Its lucky the restaurant is located in such a tourist spot as NH or no one would visit it.
- Happy Birthday with GuacamoleCubfanDined on 6/5/2014The bottomless guac at the bar during Happy Hour is the way to start an evening celebration. After downing 3 volcanic rock bowl servings of freshly made guacamole, accompanied with as many margaritas, we proceeded into the restaurant for a light dinner. Great view of the river and the new ferris wheel at National Harbor. A word about the margaritas: the signature pomegranate ones are excellent but over-priced; the house margaritas are sensibly priced during happy hour, very good, but under-sized. Skip the premium margaritas, just not worth the increased cost. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.